Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

6,609,115 Lagosians Eligible To Vote In 2019, Says INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6,609,115 Lagosians Eligible To Vote In 2019, Says INEC (12635 Views)

Inconclusive Polls: 609,197 Voters To Decide Tambuwal, Ganduje, Ortom, Others’ / It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace / Kwara Freedom Is Unstoppable In 2019, Says Kwara Must Change (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

6,609,115 Lagosians Eligible To Vote In 2019, Says INEC by dre11(m): 9:36am On Oct 15, 2018
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Lagos State said 6, 609, 115 residents were eligible to vote in the 2019 General Elections in the state.

Mr. Sam Olumekun, the Resident Electoral Commissioner disclosed this at a workshop on Lagos State Election Security Strategic Plan for 2019 Elections.

The workshop was organised by Nigeria Policing Programme (NPP) in collaboration with INEC in Lagos State.

Prince Adelani Asade, the Administrative Secretary of the commission delivered Olumekun’s speech at the workshop.

Lagos state has 245 Registration Areas (Wards), 8,462 polling units, and 3669 voting points across the 20 Local Governments of the state and Olumekun agreed that security is key to holding a successful election.

“6, 609, 115 eligible Nigerians registered to vote during the 2019 general elections in the state.

” I am profoundly grateful to NPP for organising this very important and timely workshop on elections security considering the role of good security structure in the conducting a peaceful and successful general elections in 2019.

” It is crucial to say that with 91 political parties and about 74 million voters geared to take informed decision and action at the general elections in 2019, the security of election officials, materials, and the electorate is of utmost importance to the commission.

“Indeed, security is key to the conduct of credible elections. INEC in Lagos is truly proud of partnering with NPP at this most auspicious time in the electoral cycle, ” Olumekun said.

The INEC commissioner commended the NPP and hoped that the workshop would give the commission the opportunity to review, reflect, brainstorm, and re-engineer its security structure and strategy.

He added that the commission’s proactiveness on security, had informed regular meeting of the Inter-Agency Consultative Committee on Election security where matters concerning security before, during and after elections were discussed.

Olumekun said INEC would improve on the conduct of elections in 2019.

In his goodwill message, the representative of NPP, Mr Emeka Ukaotu said that INEC would need to develop its election security management plan.

According to him, some factors needed to be considered by INEC in developing the plan. These include relevant intelligence and information about locations and assessment of vulnerability.

He urged INEC to also consider previous history of electoral offences or allegations associated with the geographical area.

Ukaotu said the commission should also consider the potential for offences to be committed as a result of lack of policing, ill-prepared local authority, complacency and political culture.

http://thenationonlineng.net/6609115-lagosians-eligible-to-vote-in-2019-says-inec/
Re: 6,609,115 Lagosians Eligible To Vote In 2019, Says INEC by Donald95(m): 9:40am On Oct 15, 2018
Am very sure that about 4 million of them is Atikulated.

By the way, Abeg Where is that drunk Oba that said he will drown Ndi Igbo if they didn't vote Clueless-in-Chief Buhari back then in 2015 ? I hope he is seeing how his messiah delivered our land into the hands of Poverty,division and Frustration?

88 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 6,609,115 Lagosians Eligible To Vote In 2019, Says INEC by hucienda: 9:53am On Oct 15, 2018
With over 1.4 million uncollected PVCs atm.

Say between now and the elections, .4 million get their cards, meaning the voting strength would be around 6.6 - 1 i.e 5.6 million.

Assuming turn-out of say 45%, votes up for grabs would be around 2.5 million more or less. Both major parties would have their fill leaving the remainder for the 'end-of-year' parties.
Re: 6,609,115 Lagosians Eligible To Vote In 2019, Says INEC by IamAtikulate: 9:54am On Oct 15, 2018
At least 2 million are non-indigenes and I am sure another 2 million are Atikulate. Tinubu would deliver the rest to Atiku because he is also Atikulate.

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 6,609,115 Lagosians Eligible To Vote In 2019, Says INEC by meolaniyi(m): 9:58am On Oct 15, 2018
Donald95:
Am very sure that at least 4 about million of them is Atikulated.

By the way, Abeg Where is that drunk Oba that said he will drown Ndi Igbo if they didn't vote Clueless-in-Chief Buhari back then in 2015 ? I hope he is seeing how his messiah delivered our land into the hands of Poverty,division and Frustration?
Aticulation has inftected most Lagosians

27 Likes

Re: 6,609,115 Lagosians Eligible To Vote In 2019, Says INEC by ORIENTATION101: 12:01pm On Oct 15, 2018
meolaniyi:
sorry which lagosians speak for urself.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 6,609,115 Lagosians Eligible To Vote In 2019, Says INEC by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 15, 2018
2019 elections will be a major hit back to back.

3 Likes

Re: 6,609,115 Lagosians Eligible To Vote In 2019, Says INEC by senatordave1(m): 12:12pm On Oct 15, 2018
meolaniyi:
Most of you pdp fans speak blindly and without facts.lagos turnout has never exceeded 2 million.pdp is almost dead in lagos with apc having 2 million members.remember gej was a southerner and lagos is in the south therefore he was never going to lose heavily here.atiku is a northerner and may lose heavily.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 6,609,115 Lagosians Eligible To Vote In 2019, Says INEC by ORIENTATION101: 12:14pm On Oct 15, 2018
IamAtikulate:
At least 2 million are non-indigenes and I am sure another 2 million are Atikulate. Tinubu would deliver the rest to Atiku because he is also Atikulate.
lols see novicegringrin

how old re yougringrin
i am sure you just finish secondary school to make that funny statementgringrin
kid let me educate about nigeria politican terrain.

see no state in nigeria have non indigene /tribe up to 500,000 voting power.
populations of non indigenes doesnt equate to actual voting strength of non indigene in a state.
these re arrangments used to checkmate political activities of non indigene contesting against the political interest of the host.
i have worked with inec on 3 seperate presidential elections and i have seen all facts sheets.

i can confirm to you that no state in federal republic of nigeria has non indigene of a state that has 500,000 votes.
check your indigenous state and confirm if you can find ,or better still move around with election observers and check names on accrediation list.
there is no polling booth in south west that has up to 50 igbos names on accreditation list on day of election .
it is a figment of imagination to believe non indigenes of a state has up to a million votes. it is a great danger for the host the non indigenes can push them out of power with ease

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 6,609,115 Lagosians Eligible To Vote In 2019, Says INEC by Corrinthians(m): 12:15pm On Oct 15, 2018
Great!

Just a matter of time until we place some people permanently where they belong. Forget the e-noise, NOT ONE OF THE LIKES AND SHARES can be converted into an actual thumbprint on a ballot paper.

11 Likes

Re: 6,609,115 Lagosians Eligible To Vote In 2019, Says INEC by senatordave1(m): 12:16pm On Oct 15, 2018
kingkakaone:
2019 elections will be a major hit back to back.
I wish nairalanders can analyse dispassionately.the worst case result is atiku winning ss/se massively and north central marginally with buhari winning massively in nw/ne and south west marginally.the difference will be that margins of victory in nw/ne will surpass that of ss/se.

9 Likes

Re: 6,609,115 Lagosians Eligible To Vote In 2019, Says INEC by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 15, 2018
On every street in Lagos there are at least 2 Igbos who are above 18, at least 2 from other regions outside southwest .....2019 don dey give me erection already grin

Lock up your shops on that day o....I no wan hear"Market" on that day

3 Likes

Re: 6,609,115 Lagosians Eligible To Vote In 2019, Says INEC by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 15, 2018
Lagos being a commercial city would vote on economic lines..

This same lagos that dreads the name Buhari due to many who cannot even afford to feed or pay rent again

-or the traders who no longer gets patronage,
-Or the beggars that N100 note is now a daydream,
-Which state do you guys think the 15m job loss affected most?

People are just dishing out figures as if they feed the ever hustling lagosians.

13 Likes 1 Share

meolaniyi:

Hunger sef follow boost the aticulation

1 Like

Re: 6,609,115 Lagosians Eligible To Vote In 2019, Says INEC by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 15, 2018
4votes million for APC/Buhari/Osinbajo

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6,609,115 Lagosians Eligible To Vote In 2019, Says INEC by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:20pm On Oct 15, 2018
senatordave1:

Most of you pdp fans speak blindly and without facts.lagos turnout has never exceeded 2 million.pdp is almost dead in lagos with apc having 2 million members.remember gej was a southerner and lagos is in the south therefore he was never going to lose heavily here.atiku is a northerner and may lose heavily.

lol even atikulated northerners are in lagos.Lagos is a mini Nigeria where everyone is represented.That is why it will be very difficult for any candidate to score up to 60%

9 Likes

Re: 6,609,115 Lagosians Eligible To Vote In 2019, Says INEC by ORIENTATION101: 12:21pm On Oct 15, 2018
kaluxy007:
On every street in Lagos there are at least 2 Igbos who are above 18, at least 2 from other regions outside southwest .....2019 don dey give me erection already grin

Lock up your shops on that day o....I no wan hear"Market" on that day
lols see novice
how old re you
i am sure you just finish secondary school to make that funny statement
populations of non indigenes doesnt equate to actual voting strength of non indigene in a state.
these re arrangments used to checkmate political activities of non indigene contesting against the political interest of the host.
i have worked with inec on 3 seperate presidential elections and i have seen all facts sheets.
i can confirm to you that no state in federal republic of nigeria has non indigene of a state that has 500,000 votes.
check your indigenous state and confirm if you can find ,or better still move around with election observers and check names on accrediation list.
there is no polling booth in south west that has up to 50 igbos names on accreditation list on day of election .
it is a figment of imagination to believe non indigenes of a state has up to a million votes. it is a great danger for the host the non indigenes can push them out of power with ease

13 Likes

Re: 6,609,115 Lagosians Eligible To Vote In 2019, Says INEC by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:22pm On Oct 15, 2018
senatordave1:

I wish nairalanders can analyse dispassionately.the worst case result is atiku winning ss/se massively and north central marginally with buhari winning massively in nw/ne and south west marginally.the difference will be that margins of victory in nw/ne will surpass that of ss/se.
better wake up dude.It is not Buhari vs GEJ.It is Buhari Vs Atiku a felloe Northerner and muslim.The votes in the NW/NE will be shared.Margin of victory here will be minimal unlike in 2015

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6,609,115 Lagosians Eligible To Vote In 2019, Says INEC by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:24pm On Oct 15, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
lols see novice
how old re you

Stop been stupid. Igbos dominate certain parts of lagos.PDP won in 5 LG s in 2015.In my pooling unit in surulere the only APC candidate that won there was Desmond Eliot in 2015.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6,609,115 Lagosians Eligible To Vote In 2019, Says INEC by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 15, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
lols see novice
how old re you

I didn't even mention exact figures
Now tell me where did you get your fact?? Talk for your state... Deep down in your heart you know there's hardly a street in Lagos without at least 2 adult Igbo's

13 Likes

Re: 6,609,115 Lagosians Eligible To Vote In 2019, Says INEC by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 15, 2018
senatordave1:

As a neutral, I don't think the south west will favour PDP this coming election like that of 2015.
The west will do all (including rigging) to make sure the margin is extremely high.

Buhari on the other hand will not get the massive votes he had from the NC like he did in 2015.
He may win Kogi, Niger due to rigging.

The PDP on the other hand may lose Edo, and not have the same margin from Delta and PH.

The election go sweet Sha. I see tears flowing after the result is announced.

9 Likes

Re: 6,609,115 Lagosians Eligible To Vote In 2019, Says INEC by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 15, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Stop been stupid. Igbos dominate certain parts of lagos.PDP won in 5 LG s in 2015.In my pooling unit in surulere the only APC candidate that won there was Desmond Eliot in 2015.

He would understand very soon, he should keep acting INEC chairman on Nairaland. They think it's 2015 when many people did not want to meddle into politics

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6,609,115 Lagosians Eligible To Vote In 2019, Says INEC by ORIENTATION101: 12:31pm On Oct 15, 2018
kaluxy007:

I didn't even mention exact figures
Now tell me where did you get your fact?? Talk for your state... Deep down in your heart you know there's hardly a street in Lagos without at least 2 adult Igbo's
olodo ni bobo yii sha do populations of non idigene in your state equates to their actual voting strength??

19 Likes

Re: 6,609,115 Lagosians Eligible To Vote In 2019, Says INEC by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:32pm On Oct 15, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
olodo ni bobo yii sha do populations of non idigene in your state equates to their actual voting strength??

how does it not equal to voting strength? Are non-indigenes not amongst the eleigible voters ?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6,609,115 Lagosians Eligible To Vote In 2019, Says INEC by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 15, 2018
kingkakaone:

As a neutral, I don't think the south west will favour PDP this coming election like that of 2015.
The west will do all (including rigging) to make sure the margin is extremely high.

Buhari on the other hand will not get the massive votes he had from the NC like he did in 2015.
He may win Kogi, Niger due to rigging.

The PDP on the other hand may lose Edo, and not have the same margin from Delta and PH.

The election go sweet Sha. I see tears flowing after the result is announced.

Don't be deceived by Guber elections...you would notice the gab in recent times are close and the candidates are their own people not someone like Buhari who they now use as national anthem whenever things get bad

7 Likes

Re: 6,609,115 Lagosians Eligible To Vote In 2019, Says INEC by ORIENTATION101: 12:38pm On Oct 15, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

serial losergringrin
pdp lagos belongs to yorubas other tribes can contest under the platform because of their presence.it doesnt mean only igbo votes gave the electoral victory.
maybe you should mention 3 pdplagos chieftains that re igbos and popular in lagos gringrin

i challenge you to print out any accreditation list in south west that has more than 50 igbo names.
there is no local govt in lagos where igbos dominate by 65% if there is one mention it?
i am on ground in lagos to burst your lies

23 Likes

Re: 6,609,115 Lagosians Eligible To Vote In 2019, Says INEC by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 15, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
. Iwo gan gan ni olodo

We are talking of 'Lagos' here, a place which is seen as the hub for Igbo business men. This is not primaries, take note. The delegates don't even make up to 0.1 the population of voters. 80% of the people will make their choice without any baba to command them

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6,609,115 Lagosians Eligible To Vote In 2019, Says INEC by ORIENTATION101: 12:43pm On Oct 15, 2018
kaluxy007:
. Iwo gan gan ni olodo

We are talking of 'Lagos' here, a place which is seen as the hub for Igbo business men. This is not primaries, take note. The delegates don't even make up to 0.1 the population of voters. 80% of the people will make their choice without any baba to command them
ode leleyi sha. population of non indigenes doesnt equate to their voting strength.these re political arrangement all over the states of federation.
i wont blame you though cos many of u are not aware and u will argue blindly.
dont worry next year elections just study the accreditation list in your polling booth and you ignorance be cured

13 Likes

Re: 6,609,115 Lagosians Eligible To Vote In 2019, Says INEC by ipobarethieves: 12:47pm On Oct 15, 2018
sad
Re: 6,609,115 Lagosians Eligible To Vote In 2019, Says INEC by Pekele007: 12:54pm On Oct 15, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
ode leleyi sha. population of non indigenes doesnt equate to their voting strength.these re political arrangement all over the states of federation.
i wont blame you though cos many of u are not aware and u will argue blindly.
dont worry next year elections just study the accreditation list in your polling booth and you ignorance be cured
shut up and learn boy.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6,609,115 Lagosians Eligible To Vote In 2019, Says INEC by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 15, 2018
kaluxy007:

Don't be deceived by Guber elections...you would notice the gab in recent times are close and the candidates are their own people not someone like Buhari who they now use as national anthem whenever things get bad
The reason APC will win with a bigger margin.
The West has always been anti PDP from time.

Don't forget they have the rigging might. (governors are the real riggers).

10 Likes

Re: 6,609,115 Lagosians Eligible To Vote In 2019, Says INEC by senatordave1(m): 1:12pm On Oct 15, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

better wake up dude.It is not Buhari vs GEJ.It is Buhari Vs Atiku a felloe Northerner and muslim.The votes in the NW/NE will be shared.Margin of victory here will be minimal unlike in 2015
Same scenarion awaits you in ss/se wakey wakey....

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Can Order Army To Produce His Certificates If They Exist – Atiku / House Of Representatives Adjourns Plenary Over Power Failure / There Is Light At The End Of The Tunnel, And Nigeria Will Smile Again – Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.