Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Fayose: Daura Lobbied Me Twice To Support Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose: Daura Lobbied Me Twice To Support Buhari (20844 Views)

Buratai Lobbied Ambassadorial Posting To Benin Republic To Escape Probe - SR / Tunde Fowler Lobbied For Second Term In Leaked Memo - Farooq Kperogi / Beautiful Ladies Support Buhari And APC (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose: Daura Lobbied Me Twice To Support Buhari by dre11(m): 5:25pm On Oct 15, 2018
SAYS BUHARI'S TIME IS UP

OUTGOING Ekiti State Governor, Chief Ayodele Fayose, has said that the former Director General of the Department of State Service, Lawal Daura, twice asked him to support the government of President Muhammadu Buhari so that Fayose’s party, the Peoples Democratic Party, would retain the control of the State.

The governor, who spoke in Abuja on Sunday night at a send-off party organised for him by his colleagues in the PDP Governors’ Forum, said he turned down the request on both occasions.

In a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Idowu Adelusi, on Monday, he quoted Fayose as saying that it was for that reason that Daura coordinated the security onslaught against him and his supporters during the July 14 governorship election in the state.

“If I had agreed to the proposal and operated like a bat, who has the features of an animal and a bird, they would not have attempted to muzzle me. I am not one of those that would be silenced or who will go and take over under his wife’s bed because some people want to play God.

” I cannot deceive you, I can fight but rather than fight the PDP, I will deploy my energy to fight those holding our country hostage and retarding its growth by their incapability. The time is up for them and they know this,” he said.

On the fallout from the PDP presidential primary, Fayose urged the National Chairman, Prince Uche Secobdus, and others to give the necessary respect and recognition to state governors.

“The governors’ are institutions on their own and they must be accorded the necessary respect and recognition. When there is a need to get these governors to contribute money to meet some needs, they will contribute.

But when there is a need to let them express their views and preferences, they will be accused of trying to impose, that must stop,” he said.

Fayose expressed confidence that Alhaji Atiku Abubakar and Peter Obi would be elected president and vice president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria next year.

He urged the party to unite, forge a common front to oust Buhari, saying that Nigerians are going through pains and are looking unto the PDP as saviour. “Buhari’s time is up,” he said.

He gave the assurance that the South-West people would vote the PDP in the coming general elections.

He thanked the organisers of the event and those who graced it for honouring him.
The Akwa Ibom State Governor, Mr Emmanuel Udom, described Fayose as a courageous and dependable man and said Fayose could defend a cause even at the cost of his life.

The chairman of the occasion, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Rt Hon. Yakubu Dogara said nobody who served his people the way Fayose did would be put to shame.

He noted that Fayose’s supporters shedding tears while he was departing Ekiti were actually praying for him.

Mr Peter Obi, in his remarks, said the country needed people like Fayose who would speak the truth to power.

Other speakers such as the Bayelsa State Governor, Rt Hon. Seriake Dickson, former Aviation Minister, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode poured encomiums on Fayose and prayed that God blesses his future endeavours.

https://www.tribuneonlineng.com/168989/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose: Daura Lobbied Me Twice To Support Buhari by Bholutife18(f): 5:28pm On Oct 15, 2018
In the begining, God created a confused man, his name... Fayose

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fayose: Daura Lobbied Me Twice To Support Buhari by destiny322(m): 5:34pm On Oct 15, 2018
Shut up your stinking mouth. You should be ashamed of your self

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose: Daura Lobbied Me Twice To Support Buhari by Richdad50(m): 5:34pm On Oct 15, 2018
The End of Buhari is closer than i first thought.

Dear Voters,
Life is the consequence of a series of choices you make. If you make good choices, you wont have a bad life. If you make bad choices, you cant have a good life. Take as long as you need to make your decisions. Dont be rushed and fooled by APC because you’ll live with the consequence for years to come.
I wish you the best as you take back your FUTURE.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: Daura Lobbied Me Twice To Support Buhari by BruncleZuma: 5:35pm On Oct 15, 2018
grin grin grin grin

Just move go Twitter...your constituents dey there...

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose: Daura Lobbied Me Twice To Support Buhari by NwaAmaikpe: 5:35pm On Oct 15, 2018
shocked

I stand to be corrected.
Nothing good has ever come out of Daura.

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fayose: Daura Lobbied Me Twice To Support Buhari by AyakaDunukofia: 5:36pm On Oct 15, 2018
Tinubu keeping quiet since the emergence of his bossom friend

15 Likes

Re: Fayose: Daura Lobbied Me Twice To Support Buhari by zabuur: 5:36pm On Oct 15, 2018
At least he has lasted more than u. Why are u now just saying this. U could have said d's the first time u were lobbied
Re: Fayose: Daura Lobbied Me Twice To Support Buhari by Groovenaija360(m): 5:36pm On Oct 15, 2018
ATIKUOBI EVEN MAKES BUSINESS BOOM, UNLIKE LIFELESS BUHARI

CHECK WHAT IS SELLING NOW cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Fayose: Daura Lobbied Me Twice To Support Buhari by Kclique: 5:37pm On Oct 15, 2018
I believe

1 Like

Re: Fayose: Daura Lobbied Me Twice To Support Buhari by PythonDancer: 5:37pm On Oct 15, 2018
Liar!
Fayose is a liar!
Attention seeking clown ! No be only Daura ,you will still mention Kemi Adeosun too,
The idiot knows Daura won’t even bother to respond to any allegations and he’s taking advantage of it to look for cheap relevance again.
Watch as Ipob terrorists that were cursing Fayose when he threatened to leave pdp starts romancing him again on this thread.
Sai Baba till 2023 by God’s grace .
My vote is for PMB next year

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: Daura Lobbied Me Twice To Support Buhari by kpaofame: 5:37pm On Oct 15, 2018
Any thing is possible with what i have seen from this administration...

Akpabio Case is a very good pointer to that fact...

anyway am still checking the veracity of #GandujeGate

May be EFCC APC will drop a new album #FayoseGate to top the trending hit

Fayose tried as an opposition voice every nascent democracy need a formidable opposition to ensure they are not relaxed mediocre

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: Daura Lobbied Me Twice To Support Buhari by 9jaArea: 5:37pm On Oct 15, 2018
Don't forget your date with the EFCC and please remain healthy.
Re: Fayose: Daura Lobbied Me Twice To Support Buhari by soleskate(m): 5:37pm On Oct 15, 2018
Nice
Re: Fayose: Daura Lobbied Me Twice To Support Buhari by Anonimoux: 5:37pm On Oct 15, 2018
Disaster
Re: Fayose: Daura Lobbied Me Twice To Support Buhari by porshnuel: 5:38pm On Oct 15, 2018
Fayose pls allowed dem to defend ganduje before u nack dem another one....i rather die dan support apc...as for me nd my household we have aticulated nd it's final
Re: Fayose: Daura Lobbied Me Twice To Support Buhari by ipobarethieves: 5:38pm On Oct 15, 2018
sad undecided sad nah now his own day break

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fayose: Daura Lobbied Me Twice To Support Buhari by christejames(m): 5:38pm On Oct 15, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I stand to be corrected. Nothing good has ever come out of Daura.

I think you are right on this...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: Daura Lobbied Me Twice To Support Buhari by soberdrunk(m): 5:38pm On Oct 15, 2018
"Am in pains!!! I cannot move this neck, if anything should happen to me the IG should be held responsible" angry angry A 'desperate' man will say anything to save his neck....... angry

4 Likes

Re: Fayose: Daura Lobbied Me Twice To Support Buhari by christejames(m): 5:38pm On Oct 15, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I stand to be corrected. Nothing good has ever come out of Daura.

I think you are right on this...
Re: Fayose: Daura Lobbied Me Twice To Support Buhari by micgray100(m): 5:38pm On Oct 15, 2018
Fayose..... Be wise this time.. Try say less words to stay off social media.. My small advice..
Re: Fayose: Daura Lobbied Me Twice To Support Buhari by Cocolatti(m): 5:38pm On Oct 15, 2018
Bholutife18:
In the begining, God created a confused man, his name... Fayose
And you are exactly like him !!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose: Daura Lobbied Me Twice To Support Buhari by hucienda: 5:38pm On Oct 15, 2018
grin

D1 & Only Oshoko cheesy
Re: Fayose: Daura Lobbied Me Twice To Support Buhari by younglleo: 5:38pm On Oct 15, 2018
Re: Fayose: Daura Lobbied Me Twice To Support Buhari by shegoly(m): 5:38pm On Oct 15, 2018
Fayose my nigga.....always saying it as it is....the man of d pple

2 Likes

Re: Fayose: Daura Lobbied Me Twice To Support Buhari by DonFreshmoney(m): 5:38pm On Oct 15, 2018
So you no longer in pains Ehnn.. wait, let EFCC catch u first.

4 Likes

Re: Fayose: Daura Lobbied Me Twice To Support Buhari by Sirheny007(m): 5:39pm On Oct 15, 2018
Daura!!
That road to Daura will see too much traffic next year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose: Daura Lobbied Me Twice To Support Buhari by GoldHorse(m): 5:39pm On Oct 15, 2018
Make this BATMAN go rest jare, undecided
Re: Fayose: Daura Lobbied Me Twice To Support Buhari by leisuretym: 5:39pm On Oct 15, 2018
this man will end up in APC
Re: Fayose: Daura Lobbied Me Twice To Support Buhari by KadunaMafia: 5:40pm On Oct 15, 2018
I don't doubt this report because the APC I know can bribe the devil to beg for support

1 Like

Re: Fayose: Daura Lobbied Me Twice To Support Buhari by paymentvoucher: 5:41pm On Oct 15, 2018
grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Osinbajo Has Become A Political Target – Aide / Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari / Zuma Speech At The Nigeria's National Assembly - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.