Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,763 members, 7,851,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:14 AM

PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC (14301 Views)

Be Hopeful, Don’t Succumb To Misery, PDP Urges Nigerians At Christmas / Don’t Succumb To Blackmail, MURIC Tells Pantami / Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by Greenarrow01(m): 11:15am On Oct 16, 2018
Carlyscales:

If an elected candidate in d primaries ( by consensus, direct or indirect primaries) decides to withdraw from the race, the party reserves the right to replace such with either another candidate in d primaries or consensus candidate.

So most times the candidates connives with the party to use some one to hold d ticket for them. So they can fall back n pick up d tickets later.

So they are besically exploiting loopholes in d electoral acts to roll.

Ooh
Thank you so much for the insight..
Its not like they re doing something illegal lol
Just making use of loopholes
Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by enonche85(m): 11:15am On Oct 16, 2018
Greenarrow01:
what i dont understand is that why will saraki be contesting for senate president... kwankwaso be contesting for senate president while no single primary election was held for them
I dont understand this double standards
Did the APC guys in zamfara paid for the nomination forms there.. the party has a right to forward consensus candidates or choose candidates without inec interference..
El rufai was choosen as sole candiate to kaduna election... ganduje also..
I really dont understand why zamfara case is different... the party can still forward names to inec on 18th

Apc adopted a direct primary rule which they informed INEC about. It's left for any party to choose either direct or indirect primaries, so why would a party decide on direct primaries and not conduct a primaries?.

In the case of el rufai he was un-opposed. Pdp did not adopt the direct primaries thing which is why Saraki n Co were given the tickets un-opposed because that was the agreement they had if any of them looses the presidential primaries and their names were submitted before the deadline.

INEC was aware that no primary election was held in Zamfara because the plan by Oshiomhole was to field a candidate of his choice after other candidates have bought and submitted forms. Due to the strong resistance from the Zamfara state governor consigning Oshiomhole's plan, APC could not resolve the issue ontime and meet up with the deadline.
Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by Greenarrow01(m): 11:16am On Oct 16, 2018
adaweezy:

Olodo go and read

I won't insult u.. cos it seems you re not intelligient ...
Sorry u re not intelligient kankan. You know you re not.. and it pains you alot ..
Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by Greenarrow01(m): 11:17am On Oct 16, 2018
Chriswazo:

What you don't understand is clearly bigger than what you understand, first find out what is the issue with Zamfara APC, the sitting governor is against his party policies and plans, so was able to resist the party election from holding there, INEC knows what they are doing. They have d facts

Now i get it...
Thanks
Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by Greenarrow01(m): 11:18am On Oct 16, 2018
chrisxxx:

I am not versed in this but I know a little and I intend to share with you due to the limited knowledge you have on how this works. A party could send any name before the D-day. After then they can apply for replacement. That was what Saraki and others did. They had other people's name in proxy and after the primaries the party applied for replacement.
Thanks so much.. i really do appreciate

2 Likes

Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by Greenarrow01(m): 11:21am On Oct 16, 2018
enonche85:

Apc adopted a direct primary rule which they informed INEC about. It's left for any party to choose either direct or indirect primaries, so why would a party decide on direct primaries and not conduct a primaries?.

In the case of el rufai he was un-opposed. Pdp did not adopt the direct primaries thing which is why Saraki n Co were given the tickets un-opposed because that was the agreement they had if any of them looses the presidential primaries and their names were submitted before the deadline.

INEC was aware that no primary election was held in Zamfara because the plan by Oshiomhole was to field a candidate of his choice after other candidates have bought and submitted forms. Due to the strong resistance from the Zamfara state governor consigning Oshiomhole's plan, APC could not resolve the issue ontime and meet up with the deadline.

Thanks so much..
So right now.. inec will deny them the right to be voted for..
Do you think inec has a right to meddle in party affairs..
Dobt ypu think APC can decide to just change the voting mode to consensus candidate without doing much work
Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by Carlyscales: 11:25am On Oct 16, 2018
Greenarrow01:

Ooh
Thank you so much for the insight..
Its not like they re doing something illegal lol
Just making use of loopholes
My dr that's when u see smartness in our leaders.

But when it comes to solving our many natl challenges. They'll be looking so clueless n ineptitude.
Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by chrisxxx(m): 11:35am On Oct 16, 2018
Greenarrow01:

Thanks so much.. i really do appreciate
You r welcome. That is what we r supposed to be doing here.
Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by enonche85(m): 11:43am On Oct 16, 2018
Greenarrow01:

Thanks so much..
So right now.. inec will deny them the right to be voted for..
Do you think inec has a right to meddle in party affairs..
Dobt ypu think APC can decide to just change the voting mode to consensus candidate without doing much work

Going by Osun's election, INEC's constitution states it's guideline that will make it call for a re-run election.

According to INEC's constitution, any party that does not go through their agreed process of primaries and does not meet up with the deadline is automatically disqualified from the election in that location. So as it is Zamfara people can only vote in the presidential election and the other elections which names were submitted. It's not INEC's fault, the rules are in the constitution and all political parties are aware of it.
Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by Yusman316(m): 12:05pm On Oct 16, 2018
All this inec should not bow to pressure antics from PDP is getting tiresome. As if inec consulted them (PDP) before disqualifying APC
Re: PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC by sweet555: 12:44pm On Oct 16, 2018
good

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying / Oyo State Passes Anti-Open-Grazing Bill Into Law / Akwa Ibom Begins Payment Of N50,000 To 1,250 Vulnerable Households

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.