Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,676 members, 7,813,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign (40725 Views)

Port Harcourt Crowd Goes Crazy As PDP Declares Atiku Presidential Candidate / Lagos, Abuja Trekker Arrives Destination, Okays Atiku’s Presidential Ambition / Chants Of ‘Sai Baba’ Mar Atiku’s Presidential Forms Submission At PDP Headquarte (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by onuebonyi: 6:18am On Oct 16, 2018
Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign

· Dickson rallies former aspirants for candidate

Adedayo Akinwale in Abuja

Senate President Bukola Saraki has been named the director-general of campaign of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.

The appointment, which had been subject of media speculation for days, was confirmed to THISDAY this morning by the party’s National Publicity Secretary, Mr. Kola Ologbondiyan, who said zonal coordinators had also been named after long hours of meetings by the PDP hierarchy.

The coordinators according to him are, governors Aminu Tambuwal (Sokoto, North-west), Ibrahim Dankwambo (Gombe, North-east), Samuel Ortom (Benue, North-central), Nyesom Wike (Rivers, South-south) and Dave Umahi (Ebonyi, South-east). Former Ekiti State governor, Mr. Ayo Fayose, would coordinate the South-west.

Ologbondiyan said Akwa Ibom State Governor, Mr. Emmanuel Udom, was appointed Chairman of Fund Raising Committee, while former presidential aspirant, Alhaji Taminu Turaki, would head the legal committee.

Others campaign officials, he said, would be announced in due course.

Meanwhile, the party formally set the machinery in motion for the reconciliation of all aspirants that contested its presidential ticket in Port-Harcourt penultimate weekend in an attempt to rally them behind the party’s presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.

Although the primary was seen to be transparent and without rancour, the party still felt it should not take chances and asked its reconciliation committee headed Bayelsa State Governor, Mr. Seriake Dickson, to talk to the former aspirants and clear all possible grey areas.

The reconciliation moves started yesterday with a visit to Sokoto State Governor, Alhaji Waziri Tambuwal, and former governor of Kaduna State, Senator Ahmed Makarfi, in Abuja. With Dickson were Delta and Taraba States governors, Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa and Mr. Darius Ishaku.

Speaking after the meeting, Tambuwal accused President Muhammadu Buhari of maladministration, saying that the way the country was being run by proxy was unacceptable and won’t be allowed to continue after May 29, 2019.

Tambuwal assured the party and Nigerians that he was committed to the success and victory of the party at the general elections in February, 2019.

He stated, “We have had a robust and fruitful engagement on the way forward. And I have made my commitment immediately after the convention that I am going to support our candidate, Waziri Adamawa, Atiku Abubakar, 100 percent for us to have victory at the general election.

“So, I am not wavering, I am not looking back. Work has started for us to ensure that the PDP family remains united and other lovers of democracy come and partner with us for us to ensure that we convincingly win this election. It is not about my personal ambition.

“It is about this country. And all of the issues we have discussed, canvassed and traversed for during our encounter with delegates and party leaders, have remained there.”

He said the misgovernance of Nigeria under the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) had to stop.

“We want a situation whereby the President of Nigeria will be hands on on issues of good governance, respect for the rule of law and the way this country is governed. So, I have given my commitment and I mean it, I am out for it. By the grace of God, we shall support Atiku Abubakar and PDP to win elections throughout Nigeria”, he said.

The Bayelsa State governor commended the former presidential aspirants for displaying maturity and spirit of sportsmanship after the Port Harcourt Convention, which was won by former Vice President Atiku Abubakar.

Dickson who is the Chairman of the Committee said that the party had commenced series of consultative talks with all the aspirants and leaders of the party in the bid to retake political power from the APC in 2019.

According to him, “I am leading a team of the committee of governors to interact and compare notes with our brother, His Excellency Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto State. As you all know, he ran a great race and we are all proud of what he did and what he continues to do. We appreciate his statesmanship; we appreciate the way and manner he has been of help to the party consolidating the gains the party is making.

“This afternoon, as part of our decision to go round, visit, encourage and interact with all our party leaders especially all those who indicated interest in the last presidential elections, we have held a fruitful meeting.

“We are actually starting from here and would be leaving from here to visit our former national caretaker chairman and also hold similar consultative meetings with him.”

On his part, the former caretaker chairman of the PDP, Senator Ahmed Makarfi urged Atiku to include all the former presidential aspirants so that they could galvanise support for him.

He said while the aspirants went into the election as aspirants, they emerged collectively as a party.

He said he had long years of national and political relationship with Atiku, which had not changed, stressing that the PDP would be victorious in the 2019 elections

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/10/16/dickson-rallies-former-pdp-presidential-aspirants-for-atiku/%3famp

26 Likes

Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by daddytime(m): 6:21am On Oct 16, 2018
Wow...anybody with their contact should pm me, please. I have a lovely proposal for them centred around the youths and securing their votes based on what the party can do for them.

My proposal is juicy and on a first come first lockdown basis. But I'm open to all the campaign organizations. However, I might lock it down with just one that tickles my fancy and encourages me and the youths most.

francegeorge62@gmail.com

NB
It's funny how after this post, the president had to talk about the youths and how Nigeria will be made better than Europe for them.

The truth is, you can copy an idea all you want but implementing it will definitely show how clueless and un-original you are.

I full ground.

50 Likes

Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by I888(m): 6:25am On Oct 16, 2018
Good

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by milemimi93(m): 6:31am On Oct 16, 2018
nototribalist:
Stop posting fake news, Saraki don pass that level.
which level him dey?

19 Likes

Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by seunmsg(m): 6:38am On Oct 16, 2018
Saraki led the Osun state PDP campaign team to defeat, he will lead Atiku's campaign to defeat as well.

Saraki and Atiku are well known rogues, they should never be allowed to lead any country.

125 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by jchioma: 6:41am On Oct 16, 2018
Don't you just love Pdp 's organizational prowess? This arrangement is a masterpiece. Carry everyone along with one goal : Back to Daura.

217 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by MeanChris(m): 6:42am On Oct 16, 2018
seunmsg:
Saraki led the Osun state PDP campaign team to defeat, he will lead Atiku's campaign to defeat as well.

Saraki and Atiku are well known rogues, they should never be allowed to lead any country.

Osun state to defeat

Don't worry, you'll hear the end of it. The people's mandate will be restored in court by the grace of the living God

283 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by DrRasheed: 6:44am On Oct 16, 2018
This is pure miscalculation

9 Likes

Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by Omeokachie: 6:45am On Oct 16, 2018
One day, one bad news for enemies of the people. cheesy

Atikulate!

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by baliyubla: 6:47am On Oct 16, 2018
Saraki the Zombie irritant about to punish them immeasurable and finally ensure that their dullard is retired. Atikulate choice for DG.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by Kenekingisback: 6:49am On Oct 16, 2018
Grow Atiku's campaign

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by ngadaAwo: 7:00am On Oct 16, 2018
another masterstroke from Atiku cheesy

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by tuniski: 7:01am On Oct 16, 2018
seunmsg:

Painment shaaaaaa!

83 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 16, 2018
seunmsg:

When coconut water has taken over the brain.

Osun election that even a baby in the womb knows was rigged.

132 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by IamAtikulate: 7:08am On Oct 16, 2018
The announcement we have been waiting for since. Saraki is the best bet to head the organisation going by what we saw him do in Osun.

Tambuwal would rally the support of the Caliphate, the most powerful institution in the North but I would have preferred Kwankwaso.

Ortom is issa goal in North Central and he has the simplest job. All he needs to shout is herdsmen and show pictures of the mass grave and NC would fall into formation.

Umahi is the weak link in SE PDP and with him as Coordinator, he would have no option than to sit up all we need him to do is to deliver his state.

Dankwambo is another goal. A man well loved in North East, with him here pointing out the atrocities of buhari, NE would be on lock down.

Fayose would be dropped, Gbenga Daniel, our incoming SGF, the first Yoruba man that would occupy that position after Olu Falae would lead us to victory in the SW.

In SS, the ever rugged Wike would lead the charge and we are sure of 2.5 million votes in Rivers this time around.

Zombies would shed blood! This list is highly Atikulated. Thank you Lord for giving us an Atikulated President.

156 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by seunmsg(m): 7:11am On Oct 16, 2018
MeanChris:

Osun state to defeat

Don't worry, you'll hear the end of it. The people's mandate will be restored in court by the grace of the living God

The people of Osun state gave their mandate to Oyetola and he will rule the state for four good years. The court is not the place to change the decision of the majority.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by KadunaMafia: 7:17am On Oct 16, 2018
seunmsg:

Shut up. APC has the largest collection of rogues

45 Likes

Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by MeanChris(m): 7:17am On Oct 16, 2018
seunmsg:

The people of Osun state gave their mandate to Oyetola and he will rule the state for four good years. The court is not the place to change the decision of the majority.

The people of osun state

44 Likes

Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by SolutionMee: 7:22am On Oct 16, 2018
cheesy
Wow! This is so much lovely.
Saraki is the bomb.

6 Likes

Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by AroleOduduwa(m): 7:27am On Oct 16, 2018
So Saraki didn’t betray Atiku after all, they knew what they were doing, they both played APC.
Atiku2019

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by oneast: 7:31am On Oct 16, 2018
PDP POWER

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by richidinho(m): 7:43am On Oct 16, 2018
d
Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by fiercehillz(m): 7:43am On Oct 16, 2018
Organisation is the key...I am impressed. Let us all get Aticulated ASAP, any government that fails to deliver must be removed after 4 years. That's the best punishment for now.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by ShameOnAPC: 7:56am On Oct 16, 2018
He lead Osun PDP to victory if not for the rigging APC did in the rerun, its clear he will lead PDP to victory in 2019, this pictures says a lot

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by Realname: 7:57am On Oct 16, 2018
[s]
seunmsg:

[/s]

Shut up

39 Likes

Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by dafemnet: 7:57am On Oct 16, 2018
Vote for someone else if you don't want Buhari, Atiku is not a choice.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by JuanDeDios: 7:57am On Oct 16, 2018
Another own goal. Mr Saraki brought down two Nigerian banks and robbed poor depositors. He has this bank robber thing hanging on his neck. Mr Atiku could have done better.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by murphyibiam15(m): 7:58am On Oct 16, 2018
And umahi finally gets consulted and appointed as SE coordinator .....lmao

I said it that those SE leaders were looking for relevance...nothing less than that

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ugwuanyi Visits Scene Of IPOB’s Clash With Security Agencies / Nnamdi Kanu Arrives Court In Handcuffs. See Photos / #10YearsChallenge: Atiku Shares Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.