Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Christian Youths Attack Muslims In Taraba, Demolish Mosque! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christian Youths Attack Muslims In Taraba, Demolish Mosque! (9608 Views)

Troops Demolish Boko Haram Guard Post In Sambisa, Kill Insurgents [PHO / Christian Youths Kill Muslims In Reprisal Attacks At Gonin Gora, Kaduna / Breaking News: Christian Youths Burns A Mosque In Kano Earlier Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian Youths Attack Muslims In Taraba, Demolish Mosque! by JaaizTech: 5:58pm On Jul 14, 2010
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5594020-146/four_die_in_religious_violence_.csp

Violence between Christians and Muslims in Taraba state has resulted in bloodshed leaving at least four people dead, a police official said.

Taraba State Police Commissioner, Aliyu Musa said the killings started on Tuesday in the community of Bukari after Christian youth became angry over the location of a mosque. He told The Associated Press on Wednesday that a group of young people burned down the mosque, which caused a counterattack by Muslims.

Sources said security agents intervened this morning eventually restoring calm to the community. Violence between Christians and Muslims in neighbouring Plateau state earlier this year left a trail of dead bodies in its wake.
Re: Christian Youths Attack Muslims In Taraba, Demolish Mosque! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 14, 2010
We will ban religion soon!!!!
Re: Christian Youths Attack Muslims In Taraba, Demolish Mosque! by EzeUche(m): 8:18pm On Jul 14, 2010
No more turning the other cheek from Christians. Christians are finally fighting back. I see a religious war in Africa on the horizon.

We already have seen Muslim Islamist from Somalia attack Ugandan spots. This war will be spreading all across Africa. To your tents o children of Israel!
Re: Christian Youths Attack Muslims In Taraba, Demolish Mosque! by chosen04(f): 8:23pm On Jul 14, 2010
This is not a christian or a muslim thing, this is a Nigerian thing!. Peace will continue to be an elusive commodity in this country.
Re: Christian Youths Attack Muslims In Taraba, Demolish Mosque! by mylove4him(f): 8:45pm On Jul 14, 2010
Which community is Bukari I hope it is not Wukari o. God help Taraba with religious and ethnic crisis. Thank God it is not between Jugun and Kutep people.
Re: Christian Youths Attack Muslims In Taraba, Demolish Mosque! by Acidosis(m): 10:06pm On Jul 14, 2010
The Only Way To Pursue Peace Is ~Pursue Those Who Threatens It!
Re: Christian Youths Attack Muslims In Taraba, Demolish Mosque! by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 14, 2010
mylove4him:

Which community is Bukari I hope it is not Wukari o. God help Taraba with religious and ethnic crisis. Thank God it is not between Jugun and Kutep people.
Are those your folks ?
Re: Christian Youths Attack Muslims In Taraba, Demolish Mosque! by OgidiBoy(m): 10:28pm On Jul 14, 2010
What business do Christian youth have demolishing a mosque, what ever happened to turning the other cheek.
Re: Christian Youths Attack Muslims In Taraba, Demolish Mosque! by redsun(m): 10:29pm On Jul 14, 2010
What can nigeria learn from countries like Ethiopia where othordox christians and moslems co-exist in relative peace?
Re: Christian Youths Attack Muslims In Taraba, Demolish Mosque! by makajibbz(m): 10:47pm On Jul 14, 2010
Not all muslims are extremists, you rarely find a christian extremist.
Peace will reign when these extremists are confisticated, and more importantly these extremists are influenced by the somali,saudi arabian and arab countries.Until they realize that we're all Nigerians and this is the time for us to united and stop corruption in our land and increase development,they will still continue.
Besides,if these extremists transfer thier anger on each other to the Government we will have politicians dead,and the person who enters next will know that if he fukk up he die to,then they'll be forced to improve the Country, district by district.
Re: Christian Youths Attack Muslims In Taraba, Demolish Mosque! by dustydee: 11:13am On Jul 15, 2010
God help Nigeria
Re: Christian Youths Attack Muslims In Taraba, Demolish Mosque! by MrAnus: 11:40am On Jul 15, 2010
worshippin Womanliness is best religion, stress free
Re: Christian Youths Attack Muslims In Taraba, Demolish Mosque! by oluagness(m): 11:50am On Jul 15, 2010
May there be peace in our country, enough of religious wahala
Re: Christian Youths Attack Muslims In Taraba, Demolish Mosque! by udezue(m): 12:06pm On Jul 15, 2010
Ogidiboy, Only fools turn the other cheek.
Re: Christian Youths Attack Muslims In Taraba, Demolish Mosque! by 123jml: 12:13pm On Jul 15, 2010
Nigeria Today.
Re: Christian Youths Attack Muslims In Taraba, Demolish Mosque! by Gift4all(m): 12:19pm On Jul 15, 2010
THE TOPIC IS A PURE LIE. Christian youths did not attack Muslims, they only demolished a mosque.
JaaizTech:

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5594020-146/four_die_in_religious_violence_.csp

Violence between Christians and Muslims in Taraba state has resulted in bloodshed leaving at least four people dead, a police official said.

Taraba State Police Commissioner, Aliyu Musa said the killings started on Tuesday in the community of Bukari after Christian youth became angry over the location of a mosque. He told The Associated Press on Wednesday that a group of young people burned down the mosque, which caused a counterattack by Muslims.

Sources said security agents intervened this morning eventually restoring calm to the community. Violence between Christians and Muslims in neighbouring Plateau state earlier this year left a trail of dead bodies in its wake.

Re: Christian Youths Attack Muslims In Taraba, Demolish Mosque! by desgiezd(m): 12:35pm On Jul 15, 2010
Gift4all:

THE TOPIC IS A PURE LIE. Christian youths did not attack Muslims, they only demolished a mosque.

Why did they have to demolish a mosque? Isnt that act capable of igniting a bigger conflagration in a society as volatile as ours?
Re: Christian Youths Attack Muslims In Taraba, Demolish Mosque! by vedaxcool(m): 12:41pm On Jul 15, 2010
Na wa o so that in itself is not provocation please we should speak like humans and eschew foolish sayings, My on say on this matter is when will all this attacks and counter attacks stop. it seem there are people who benefit from all this calamities and may be that is why the fg has not deem it reasonable to intervene.
Re: Christian Youths Attack Muslims In Taraba, Demolish Mosque! by Amalaaba: 12:46pm On Jul 15, 2010
I think the problem with Nigerian leadership is laziness, greed and western copycat mentality. The problem in the North is purely ethnic as result of deep poverty, not religion. In my own opinion, those who killed in Taraba did not do so because of their religious believe. In Jos, as stated by Luke Onyekakeyah (Guardian columnist), the problem was about land, resource control and ethnic mistrust not Religion. Bush did not lie to be responsible for the death of IRAQIS because he is a Christian. He and the western leaders (Not people) have an agenda. They label anybody they dislike and execute their agenda backed up by their strong and ubiquitous press. Our leaders (Including religious on all sides) don't think, they blindly log on to an agenda they don't understand to further inflate their societies.
Re: Christian Youths Attack Muslims In Taraba, Demolish Mosque! by seguntijan(m): 12:56pm On Jul 15, 2010
i cant imagine how people were so personal that they dont even judge with circumstances but judge with hatred.i think you can see the thread which goes thus "Christian Youths Attack Muslims In Taraba, Demolish Mosque!" i think a reasonable person can see this and translate it correctly.why now blaming the muslim.we all need to use words properly not mis interpreting it
Re: Christian Youths Attack Muslims In Taraba, Demolish Mosque! by baslone: 1:53pm On Jul 15, 2010
Gift4all:

Oh my Gwad!!!!!!!! grin grin grin

LoLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!
Re: Christian Youths Attack Muslims In Taraba, Demolish Mosque! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:42pm On Jul 15, 2010
The self-destruction of destructive and deceptive religions grin
Re: Christian Youths Attack Muslims In Taraba, Demolish Mosque! by Rastamann: 2:44pm On Jul 15, 2010
Nigeria is never one country and cannot be one country, so why don't we divide the country and save innocent people the agong of being killed or molested all in the name of religion.
Re: Christian Youths Attack Muslims In Taraba, Demolish Mosque! by usbcable(m): 2:55pm On Jul 15, 2010
Gift4all:

so if your belonging e.g residence,office is demolished or destroyed by fellow citizens, you have not yet been attacked.
, some people sha.
instead of condemning such acts and repraisals you say irrelevancies and unsoothing statements.

I just hope things around Nigeria gets resolved sooner
1-kidnappings in the east
2-militancy in the south
3-royalty assasination attempts in the north
4-irresponsible N.F.A./N.F.F.
5-a broke N.N.P.C.
6- , and the list seems endless.
its so sad,
Re: Christian Youths Attack Muslims In Taraba, Demolish Mosque! by bibiking1(m): 3:23pm On Jul 15, 2010
So much for ONE Nigeria! Hungry senseless band of retards always resorting to religion as a means of catharsis rather than face the oppressive government they gave power to!

1 Like

Re: Christian Youths Attack Muslims In Taraba, Demolish Mosque! by Amalaaba: 3:30pm On Jul 15, 2010
Rastamann, I would like to know how many parts you are proposing that we should divide the country into so that there will be peace.  shocked In April, i met a friend in Enugu who was born in Enugu. He had all his children in Enugu, but non of his children could get a job in the state Ministries because my friend's father hist originally from Asaba. Everybody in his family is Christian and Ibo. embarassed  This kind of story is like that everywhere in Nigeria. Every state higher institution have differential fees. So what do you think, ?  undecided
Re: Christian Youths Attack Muslims In Taraba, Demolish Mosque! by kobikwelu(m): 3:32pm On Jul 15, 2010
well this is a new one,

as someone pointed out, thank God no muslims were killed,

(am interested in human lives)

pity that the reprisal after this would be utter bloodshed, all in " retaliation"
Re: Christian Youths Attack Muslims In Taraba, Demolish Mosque! by hannydarl(f): 4:34pm On Jul 15, 2010
OH that day when there will be churches in city centars of kano, Kaduna and such muslim states and the days when christians will be able to hold crusades publicly without moslem touts disrupting and claiming lives.

Atleast they have a taste of their own medicine. But I am realy sorry that lives were lost for me its enough of the bloodshed already.
Re: Christian Youths Attack Muslims In Taraba, Demolish Mosque! by baslone: 4:41pm On Jul 15, 2010
hannydarl:

Atleast they have a taste of their own medicine. But I am realy sorry that lives were lost for me its enough of the bloodshed already.

Just listen to yourself. No be naija, you'll say that again!!

@kobikwelu

Well, this is not new if you think so!! This is exactly how the
Jos crises started. Nobody heard anything when the two tribes
were killing each other. The whole media just went wild after the
Hausas got the upper hand over the Beroms and it was finally
labelled a religious war!!!

There's a whole lot of issues wrong with the system and if we keep being
sentimental due to our religious views, we'll never get it right

1 Like

Re: Christian Youths Attack Muslims In Taraba, Demolish Mosque! by kobikwelu(m): 4:47pm On Jul 15, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^

as i said earlier, am not interested in the details, cos you will never hear the truth, just half-truths,

all am interested in is lives, thank God there were no casualties
Re: Christian Youths Attack Muslims In Taraba, Demolish Mosque! by baslone: 4:56pm On Jul 15, 2010
kobikwelu:

^^^^^^^^^^^^

as i said earlier, am not interested in the details, cos you will never hear the truth, just half-truths,

all am interested in is lives, thank God there were no casualties

Yeah, damn right!

Maybe you will when the retaliation you mentioned comes by!!! wink
Re: Christian Youths Attack Muslims In Taraba, Demolish Mosque! by 13volts(m): 5:01pm On Jul 15, 2010
usbcable:

so if your belonging e.g residence,office is demolished or destroyed by fellow citizens, you have not yet been attacked.
, some people sha.
instead of condemning such acts and repraisals you say irrelevancies and unsoothing statements.

Na mumu.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fuel Not Scarce, Don't Panic Buying - NNPC Tells Nigerians (October 14th) / Boko Haram Responsible For Scarcity Of Tomato In Nigeria – Lai Mohammed / FG Earmarks $1.2b For Kano-kaduna Rail Line ----amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.