Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors (36689 Views)

How Can I Prevent My Lexus Side Mirrors From Being Stolen- Happened Twice Alread / U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors / Li Xang: A Chinese Car With A Sleek Design And Amazing Features (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 17, 2018
TechCapon:
Lexus is great but Acura remains my best brand of car anytime

but if they steal those side cameras ehn, the owner will weep grin grin

I am with you on this. Acura is the bomb. I started with an Acura TL. Now I use an Acura TLX smiley
Re: Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors by IchBinBrait(m): 9:01am On Oct 17, 2018
GlorifiedTunde:
I think it's dumb.

First, you're adding additional weight that's sits awkwardly around the side windows

Secondly, cameras can't take the hit side mirrors take and survive

Thirdly, replacement of side cameras will be more costly

Fourthly, the rear camera is enough.

You are right!!
Re: Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors by TechCapon(m): 9:13am On Oct 17, 2018
ikhileomotayo:

I am with you on this. Acura is the bomb. I started with an Acura TL. Now I use an Acura TLX smiley
my favorite is the mdx
Re: Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors by 2lateBiafra: 9:24am On Oct 17, 2018
TechCapon:
Lexus is great but [s][/s]Acura remains my best brand of car anytime[s][/s]

Then who ask you.
Re: Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 17, 2018
wowwwwww dis sooooo dope!!!!!
Re: Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors by Abdul3391(m): 10:01am On Oct 17, 2018
dkronicle:
Money must be made o. By force
the owner didn't weep when he was buying it
Re: Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors by Abdul3391(m): 10:01am On Oct 17, 2018
dkronicle:
Money must be made o. By force
the owner didn't weep when he was buying it
Re: Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors by Austema(m): 10:27am On Oct 17, 2018
babalonimi:
Bros we get same brain box?. God ll surprise us beyond our xpectation.
amen. tanks bro
Re: Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 17, 2018
GO N WATCH NEED FOR SPEED
Re: Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors by Dottore: 11:04am On Oct 17, 2018
TechCapon:

Acura has good anesthetics and aerodynamics but low reliability ratio. You can't task fully use a Honda product the way you use a Toyota brand. Thats why you can't see any Honda product being used for commercial purposes besides Honda's market share in automobiles is going down everyday. It's a verifiable fact
Re: Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors by TechCapon(m): 11:15am On Oct 17, 2018
Dottore:

Acura has good anesthetics and aerodynamics but low reliability ratio. You can't task fully use a Honda product the way you use a Toyota brand. Thats why you can't see any Honda product being used for commercial purposes besides Honda's market share in automobiles is going down everyday. It's a verifiable fact
I agree with you. Toyota is selling more than Honda and are stronger than Honda but I think it all boils down to maintenance. If you maintain a car well, you'll enjoy it
Re: Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 17, 2018
oriewanbe:
They just keep advancing and making life more comfortable but for the rich.

It will trickle down to all cars soon, technology always does.

It’ll be in Micras in 5 years. Just like ABS, SRS.

1 Like

Re: Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors by Goldaccumulator: 1:44pm On Oct 17, 2018
digital camera quality will never beat mirror quality
Re: Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors by Goldaccumulator: 2:43pm On Oct 17, 2018
TechCapon:

i thought accura is same as honda. i learnt honda gives multiple issues
Re: Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors by bizzle2: 5:46pm On Oct 17, 2018
TechCapon:
my favorite is the mdx
The current love of my life.
Dwarfs the Rx330 in every damn thing except fuel economy.
Which doesnt matter if you're just about build quality and pure performence.
Re: Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors by fabienjoe: 5:49pm On Oct 17, 2018
aAK1:
you took the words out of my mouth. It's just stupid

How about the clear night vision? How well do you see with your side mirrors at night? That's the clincher for me, otherwise it is just as functional as simple convex mirrors currently in use.
Re: Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors by TechCapon(m): 5:50pm On Oct 17, 2018
bizzle2:

The current love of my life.
Dwarfs the Rx330 in every damn thing except fuel economy.
Which doesnt matter if you're just about build quality and pure performence.
I love it far more better than the rx330 even Hyundai Santa fe is no match for it.
Re: Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors by bizzle2: 8:41pm On Oct 17, 2018
TechCapon:
I love it far more better than the rx330 even Hyundai Santa fe is no match for it.
Lol, Hyundai Santa Fe ke. That one no dey the same category with the likes of MDX or RX.

The internet is replete with different real life Performace comparison tests like the below ....on traction, handling, torque , safety etc. And the MDX whops the RX 8 outa 10 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRQTMf1DddA

1 Like

Re: Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors by bizzle2: 8:45pm On Oct 17, 2018
EgunMogaji:

It will trickle down to all cars soon, technology always does.

It’ll be in Micras in 5 years. Just like ABS, SRS.
Absolutely

1 Like

Re: Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 17, 2018
bizzle2:

Absolutely

For sure. The reality is that it may even be more cheaper from a manufacturing and insurance standpoint.

As it is now over here in the USA you get discount on insurance if you have ABS, SRS, security, tracking, etc
Re: Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors by TechCapon(m): 9:29pm On Oct 17, 2018
bizzle2:

Lol, Hyundai Santa Fe ke. That one no dey the same category with the likes of MDX or RX.

The internet is replete with different real life Performace comparison tests like the below ....on traction, handling, torque , safety etc. And the MDX whops the RX 8 outa 10 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRQTMf1DddA
the video says it all. I wish all these team Lexus guys will watch it.

1 Like

Re: Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors by bizzle2: 12:14am On Oct 18, 2018
EgunMogaji:

For sure. The reality is that it may even be more cheaper from a manufacturing and insurance standpoint.

As it is now over her pin the USA you get discount on insurance if you have ABS, SRS, security, tracking, etc
Which naturally Makes sense @ the bolded
Re: Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors by doctorbj4real(m): 7:31pm On Oct 18, 2018
Damn! I can only imagine this ride for Naija. E go create employment cos bodyguard must follow am everywhere.
Re: Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors by seangy4konji: 8:52pm On Oct 18, 2018
and looters have ordered or it..

Aeon Dino malaye
Re: Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors by Niell(m): 12:08am On Oct 22, 2018
How hard could it be to simply look at your side view mirrors for God sake. This doesn't freak me one bit.
Re: Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors by bizzle2: 5:03am On Oct 24, 2018
I find this really Intriguing ..
What is the Acura doing differently??
Greater Torque? Better traction control design??

...SH-AWD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTYRLiC15Zw

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2017 Toyota Hilux Gets The TRD Pack With N20m Price Tag (photos) / The New 6-wheel-drive Mercedes G63 AMG / Vw Passat Or Audi A4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.