Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,432 members, 7,850,521 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:15 AM

Help With Start And Stop Malfunction Toyota Highlander 2017 - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help With Start And Stop Malfunction Toyota Highlander 2017 (8457 Views)

Fuel Pump Control For Highlander 2017 & 2018 / P1656 TOYOTA - Oil Control Valve Circuit Malfunction / Please Is This Toyota Highlander 2017 Model Available In Nigeria And The Cost ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help With Start And Stop Malfunction Toyota Highlander 2017 by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 18, 2018
In most cases, you don't even need to run a VIN check.

Simply putting the VIN in Google search lit it up with pictures of this poor vehicle.

Re: Help With Start And Stop Malfunction Toyota Highlander 2017 by Lexusgs430: 3:11pm On Oct 18, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Two wrongs don't a right make

Seek legal counsel

He who seeks equity should come with clean hands

Seeks equity ? How is/was the buyer at fault? I bet the vehicle had nylon all over the seats, implying almost tear rubber ......

Two wrongs ? How is/was the buyer wrong ? I bet the seller never fully disclosed full vehicle history and sold it at tear rubber price .......

Legal counsel? And pay excessive legal fees, at whose expense?

Demeanor, signing out ......
Re: Help With Start And Stop Malfunction Toyota Highlander 2017 by Lexusgs430: 3:16pm On Oct 18, 2018
ZIMDRILL:

do you really think that car was written off by insurance ?

Even a blind underwriter would write it off ........
Re: Help With Start And Stop Malfunction Toyota Highlander 2017 by mayor2013: 3:21pm On Oct 18, 2018
Aye le ibosi o grin grin
Re: Help With Start And Stop Malfunction Toyota Highlander 2017 by AutoElectNG: 3:28pm On Oct 18, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Seeks equity ? How is/was the buyer at fault? I bet the vehicle had nylon all over the seats, implying almost tear rubber ......

Two wrongs ? How is/was the buyer wrong ? I bet the seller never fully disclosed full vehicle history and sold it at tear rubber price .......

Legal counsel? And pay excessive legal fees, at whose expense?

Demeanor, signing out ......

I am sure he has friends with some nexus to law or in the legal profession

My warning is simple don't take laws into your hand in one breath and expect the same law to come to your rescue

In plain language, don't resort to self help

You have a good case

Don't weaken your position by doing anything outside of what's legal or acceptable at law

Said so much in few words.

That will be all

1 Like

Re: Help With Start And Stop Malfunction Toyota Highlander 2017 by antagonist: 3:30pm On Oct 18, 2018
EgunMogaji:
In most cases, you don't even need to run a VIN check.

Simply putting the VIN in Google search lit it up with pictures of this poor vehicle.

ita likethis one is different from the one on page 1
Re: Help With Start And Stop Malfunction Toyota Highlander 2017 by Lexusgs430: 3:37pm On Oct 18, 2018
AutoElectNG:

I am sure he has friends with some nexus to law or in the legal profession

My warning is simple don't take laws into your hand in one breath and expect the same law to come to your rescue

In plain language, don't resort to self help

You have a good case

Don't weaken your position by doing anything outside of what's legal or acceptable at law

Said so much in few words.

That will be all

Put the shoe on the sellers foot ..........

Assuming the true history was not revealed, and buyer refused to fully pay post commitment.......

Seller would never seek legal counsel, but SARS counsel ......

Are you aware how long it would take the fulfil the legal route ?

Buyer probably wants monies refunded (in full) like yesterday..... (all 35% of it)......
Re: Help With Start And Stop Malfunction Toyota Highlander 2017 by AutoElectNG: 3:43pm On Oct 18, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Put the shoe on the sellers foot ..........

Assuming the true history was not revealed, and buyer refused to fully pay post commitment.......

Seller would never seek legal counsel, but SARS counsel ......

Are you aware how long it would take the fulfil the legal route ?

Buyer probably wants monies refunded (in full) like yesterday..... (all 35% of it)......

Comments reserved for now

We will revisit this issue some day in the future
Re: Help With Start And Stop Malfunction Toyota Highlander 2017 by Lexusgs430: 3:51pm On Oct 18, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Comments reserved for now

We will revisit this issue some day in the future

Back to the future mode engaged/activated .......

NB : While we all patiently await OP............
Re: Help With Start And Stop Malfunction Toyota Highlander 2017 by AutoElectNG: 4:18pm On Oct 18, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Back to the future mode engaged/activated .......

NB : While we all patiently await OP............

I mean it

Not playing a getaway card
Re: Help With Start And Stop Malfunction Toyota Highlander 2017 by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:23pm On Oct 18, 2018
Re: Help With Start And Stop Malfunction Toyota Highlander 2017 by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 18, 2018
antagonist:

ita likethis one is different from the one on page 1

Probably but the VIN brought it up. Birds of one feather stick together. Why didn't clean one owner non accident show up? cheesy
Re: Help With Start And Stop Malfunction Toyota Highlander 2017 by Lexusgs430: 4:41pm On Oct 18, 2018
AutoElectNG:

I mean it

Not playing a getaway card

My serious face on .........
Re: Help With Start And Stop Malfunction Toyota Highlander 2017 by Lexusgs430: 4:47pm On Oct 18, 2018
ZIMDRILL:

watch these channels

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwO_xoYm2vjhu4kZSxFO5mA/videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/tussik01/videos

Sending channels of wrecked transformation, is not the issue here......

The presumed issue is, buyer probably thought he was buying a puppy, but got delivered a wild camel ........

I am perfectly aware wrecks can be transformed, but keep the buyer abreast of all the honest information + pictures, enabling buyer make an informed decision.......

I bet, the vehicle was sold as if it had a clean title......
Re: Help With Start And Stop Malfunction Toyota Highlander 2017 by thebigkendo(m): 4:57pm On Oct 18, 2018
Me i just want to see present picture of the this 2017 Highlander

cc JAYUK
Re: Help With Start And Stop Malfunction Toyota Highlander 2017 by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:11pm On Oct 18, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Sending channels of wrecked transformation, is not the issue here......

The presumed issue is, buyer probably thought he was buying a puppy, but got delivered a wild camel ........

I am perfectly aware wrecks can be transformed, but keep the buyer abreast of all the honest information + pictures, enabling buyer make an informed decision.......

I bet, the vehicle was sold as if it had a clean title......

we are on the same page now

it it the buyers responsibility to do checks on the car before buying
Re: Help With Start And Stop Malfunction Toyota Highlander 2017 by Lexusgs430: 5:30pm On Oct 18, 2018
ZIMDRILL:

I was on this page, but you probably thought I was not .... Glad we found our equilibrium..........
Re: Help With Start And Stop Malfunction Toyota Highlander 2017 by Lexusgs430: 5:37pm On Oct 18, 2018
thebigkendo:
Me i just want to see present picture of the this 2017 Highlander

cc JAYUK

It would look exactly like this .......... This car dealers are worse than devils in disguise.......

Re: Help With Start And Stop Malfunction Toyota Highlander 2017 by AutoElectNG: 5:41pm On Oct 18, 2018
ZIMDRILL:

What if there is material misrepresentation?

Can it vitiate the contract?
Re: Help With Start And Stop Malfunction Toyota Highlander 2017 by Readonee35L(m): 5:48pm On Oct 18, 2018
Thus thread has been derailed.
Re: Help With Start And Stop Malfunction Toyota Highlander 2017 by thebigkendo(m): 5:55pm On Oct 18, 2018
Lexusgs430:

It would look exactly like this .......... This car dealers are worse than devils in disguise.......

Hehehe naija dealers know the best panel beaters & painters in town
Re: Help With Start And Stop Malfunction Toyota Highlander 2017 by thebigkendo(m): 5:56pm On Oct 18, 2018
Readonee35L:

Because OP don abandon the thread for us grin
Re: Help With Start And Stop Malfunction Toyota Highlander 2017 by Lexusgs430: 6:02pm On Oct 18, 2018
Readonee35L:

Not yet ....... We are simply entertaining ourselves with technical issues, while we patiently await the arrival of our very special guest........
Re: Help With Start And Stop Malfunction Toyota Highlander 2017 by Lexusgs430: 6:04pm On Oct 18, 2018
thebigkendo:

Hehehe naija dealers know the best panel beaters & painters in town

Regardless..... They should still be upfront and honest........
Re: Help With Start And Stop Malfunction Toyota Highlander 2017 by thebigkendo(m): 6:16pm On Oct 18, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Regardless..... They should still be upfront and honest........

Not in Nigeria.. Our Car dealers/middle men are worse than our politicians grin grin grin
One rogue dealer will soon say "Nigerian cannot afford clean title cars"
Re: Help With Start And Stop Malfunction Toyota Highlander 2017 by Readonee35L(m): 6:45pm On Oct 18, 2018
thebigkendo:

Because OP don abandon the thread for us grin
Lexusgs430:

Not yet ....... We are simply entertaining ourselves with technical issues, while we patiently await the arrival of our very special guest........

As long as it has reach nigerian dealer matter.
Thread will be derailed.
If you know what yankee dealer has done my crew.
2017 C300 from dealer. Mr Whiteman said it has salvage title because of minor front impact.
Toor when motor reach client here in nigeria . all parking sensors and front accesories were malfunctuoning. Car had serious crash.
This thing will happen anywhere in the world and seller will tell you title is salvage for something minor. But note that there is different type of Minor grin.
If you check many reviews of dealers in the usa you'd read horror stories.

The worst of all is in Car Auctions.
scams of the century. Where you meet the Con White men from california and co.
They will package fufu and dead cars for you.
If a non experienced dealer comes across these kind of vehicles. Na gbese because he will bid lots of dollars thinking its a clean car. But its the complete opposite. Stripped accident cars with stolen airbags , sensors , ecu's e.t.c
Pictoral examples below .

I know someone who bought 2017 E300 from Copart. By the time car got to him in his city, the car was a scrap run and drive. If you pop the trunk na ground you go see bastards had gut the whole trunk, no airbags or sensors. The car was properly packaged with bumper covering everything. Imagine the car being for export. Na when motor comot for port you go know wetin you enter. And many dealers enter this trap. Especially does buying expensive benz, toyota, lexus from the auction.
I have just one advice.
If you are going to buy auction cars. AVOID NON INSURANCE SALE. if its sold by reseller or dealer . Run unless its cheap .

Re: Help With Start And Stop Malfunction Toyota Highlander 2017 by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:45pm On Oct 18, 2018
AutoElectNG:

What if there is material misrepresentation?

Can it vitiate the contract?

then thats a different story

yes it vitiate the contract
Re: Help With Start And Stop Malfunction Toyota Highlander 2017 by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 18, 2018
Readonee35L:

Thread will be derailed.
2017 C300 from dealer. Mr Whiteman said it has salvage title because of minor front impact.
Toor when motor reach client here in nigeria . all parking sensors and front accesories were malfunctuoning. Car had serious crash.
This thing will happen anywhere in the world and seller will tell you title is salvage for something minor. But note that there is different type of Minor grin.

If a non experienced dealer comes across these kind of vehicles. Na gbese because he will bid lots of dollars thinking its a clean car. But its the complete opposite. Stripped accident cars with stolen airbags , sensors , ecu's e.t.c

I know someone who bought 2017 E300 from Copart. By the time car got to him in his city, the car was a scrap run and drive. If you pop the trunk na ground you go see bastards had gut the whole trunk, no airbags or sensors. The car was properly packaged with bumper covering everything. Imagine the car being for export. Na when motor comot for port you go know wetin you enter. And many dealers enter this trap. Especially does buying expensive benz, toyota, lexus from the auction.
I have just one advice.
If you are going to buy auction cars. AVOID NON INSURANCE SALE. if its sold by reseller or dealer . Run unless its cheap .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5cAThUH6Js
Re: Help With Start And Stop Malfunction Toyota Highlander 2017 by Readonee35L(m): 6:55pm On Oct 18, 2018
Re: Help With Start And Stop Malfunction Toyota Highlander 2017 by Lexusgs430: 7:18pm On Oct 18, 2018
JAYUK, report for duty .....
Re: Help With Start And Stop Malfunction Toyota Highlander 2017 by thebigkendo(m): 7:32pm On Oct 18, 2018
Readonee35L:

Thread will be derailed.

I have just one advice.

Bros all dis you are saying is story.. Scam dey everywhere but

Mr Whiteman 1 out of 5 cars is fraud
But naija dealers 4 out of 5 is fraud..

Mr Whiteman sells you are more salvaged car than you expected or displayed.. But still declares it salvage..

Naija dealer nko? He will swear on his parent grave car was never involved in an accident..

Just last week, Somebody I know bought a toks 07 corolla...Immediately I saw the car with brand new shining headlamps.. I Knew it had front impact accident but in my mind I felt accident might not be too severe.
As the baba put licence plates, I used the lagos licence to get the vin number...
Accident was serious, airbags deployed
Colour was even changed... From white to gray.
We both know very soon the new colour will start peeling.

Car was sold to the old man as accident free, first body, factory AC. Worst part he bought it from a family friend at slightly above present market price because he probably believed the sweet mouth of his family friend.. This car is not accidented, all does cheaper ones are accidented.
Re: Help With Start And Stop Malfunction Toyota Highlander 2017 by Readonee35L(m): 8:33pm On Oct 18, 2018
thebigkendo:

Bros all dis you are saying is story.. Scam dey everywhere but

Mr Whiteman 1 out of 5 cars is fraud
But naija dealers 4 out of 5 is fraud..

Mr Whiteman sells you are more salvaged car than you expected or displayed.. But still declares it salvage..

Naija dealer nko? He will swear on his parent grave car was never involved in an accident..

Just last week, Somebody I know bought a toks 07 corolla...Immediately I saw the car with brand new shining headlamps.. I Knew it had front impact accident but in my mind I felt accident might not be too severe.
As the baba put licence plates, I used the lagos licence to get the vin number...
Accident was serious, airbags deployed
Colour was even changed... From white to gray.
We both know very soon the new colour will start peeling.

Car was sold to the old man as accident free, first body, factory AC. Worst part he bought it from a family friend at slightly above present market price because he probably believed the sweet mouth of his family friend.. This car is not accidented, all does cheaper ones are accidented.

If you are as smart as i think you are.
You'd pick the point out of my message and focus on it.

I'm in no competition to convince you about somebody that sold car for your neighbors grand dad or your mechanics uncle.
I'm not here to portray anybody as saint or evil.

He who get ear make e hear.
Do your deligent search on what ever you are buying was the purpose of my message. And do not trust anybody (irrespective of country or color) without you having concrete information when it comes to business.

Anybody Will Scam Anybody. If you fall victim , its your business . everybody will cry their cry

If monkey claim overwise them go use brain chop am.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fuel Pumps In Nigeria. / How To Check How Much Oil Your Car Takes / Lexus RX350 P0037 Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.