Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,659 members, 7,851,253 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:54 PM

Atiku: 180 Former Lawmakers Take Position On Peter Obi’s Choice As Running Mate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku: 180 Former Lawmakers Take Position On Peter Obi’s Choice As Running Mate (23165 Views)

Rivers: No Remedy For 25 Former Lawmakers - PDP Insists / PDP Governors' Forum Meet In Bauchi, Take Position On INEC, NNPC, Defections / Southwest On Standby As Igbo Leaders Protest Obi’s Choice As Atiku Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku: 180 Former Lawmakers Take Position On Peter Obi’s Choice As Running Mate by senatordave1(m): 12:56pm On Oct 17, 2018
Monimatic:
Atikulated
Buhari is a gworo chewing bastard
*BEFORE PDP DIES IN AKWA IBOM*

_By Franklyn ISONG_

It has become crucial that I pen down this article, because, lately, *I am perturbed about the decreasing strength of the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) in Akwa Ibom state. 2019 is around the corner, I fear the party may not make it to the Hilltop Mansion. I am not a doom’s day prophet but, on the heels of daily defection by its chieftains, political officeholders and supporters to the All Progressive Congress (APC), any good political observer can conclude that this is not a good omen for the PDP. The party in the state seems boxed into the corner by the opposition APC.* Strange conclusion abi!?

Okay, it all started on January 19, 2017, when the Senator representing Akwa Ibom South (Eket) senatorial district (where the governor hails from) in the Senate, Nelson Effiong, defected from the PDP to the APC during a plenary session of the senate.

Senator Effiong had while leaving the PDP, said; “No reasonable politician who is worth his salt would remain and allow his people to be drifting about without a direction. So I have decided today, the 19th day of January, 2017 to resign from the PDP and move to the party that is bringing peace and direction to this country, the APC. So I move.” But the state PDP, through a statement dismissed the Senator’s claims as unfounded.

The senator, if my mind has not failed me, also during a recorded radio interview with Planet 101.1 FM, Uyo, boasted that he was just leading the way for other aggrieved national assembly members from Akwa Ibom state to follow. He claimed that in a matter of weeks or months there would be defection from PDP. He was again dismissed by the state PDP as lying. The party (PDP) noted that its members remained intact and one indivisible entity.
The Senator was vindicated at the weekend with the defection of another national assembly member, Emmanuel Ukoette. He represents Ukanafun/Oruk Anam federal constituency in the House of Reps.

He is not the only key PDP member who has defected. There are others who do not like publicity, like the former Managing Director of Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Barr Bassey Dan-Abia Snr.; and his younger brother, the former House of Representative member for Eket federal constituency, Barr Bassey Dan-abia Jnr. These are the major controller of political equation in Esit Eket LGA.

In Ikot Abasi LGA aside from the MD of NDDC, Obong Nsima Ekere, recently, a former chapter chairman of Ikot Abasi PDP, Hon. Udo George led other members of his former exco to defect to APC. While in Itu, Obong Bassey Ekanem, the CEO of Base Engineering and major financier of the party’s activities in Oku Iboku clan also quitted, to mention a few, for want of space.

It is not always enough for PDP defectors to be rained with all manner of abusive words and unprintable names by the party’s members and government officials on the media, instead of looking inward to find out why they are leaving the party. For me, this act is uncalled for. It should be stopped. It is likened to applying Panadol tablets for viral disease. It is no longer workable. It has failed to yield result in the past.

Let PDP officials and the governor know that the party as it stance cannot win any election in 2019. Let the governor come out from his comfort zone, I mean, the Hilltop Mansion and start midnight visitation/meeting with key political players in the state.

Why are key political players defecting from the party to APC? Who are next in line of defection? Where has the party got it wrong? Can anything be done to reverse the looming extinction of PDP in the state?

Like I said at the beginning of this piece, I am not a prophet, but I can bet my grandpa’s imported shoes and coats that the sooner these avalanches of nagging questions are answered, the closer to victory PDP has become. Else!!!! “Deacon Udom Emmanuel will be remembered as a one-term Governor of Akwa Ibom state,” according to defected Senator Nelson Effiong.

The bulk now rest on the ‘Executive’ table of Governor Udom Emmanuel. He is the leader of his party (PDP) in the state. Except he has no second term ambition, otherwise, it is even too late for him to start asking his party members questions.

There is no smoke without fire. His party members maybe disenchanted with his style of governance. They may even be uncomfortable with the policy thrust of his administration, or maybe they are unhappy with attitudes of some appointed government officials in his cabinet. This is the time for Governor Emmanuel to find the black sheep before darkness covers. It is time for him, to remove his coat and tie; and wear t-shirts and jean trousers. The task ahead for him will be too hot for coats and tie attire, I can swear to anything, if he doubts me.

Now is the time to think out a permanent solution to ending this defection menace in PDP. Anyone believing that PDP in Akwa Ibom state is still intact and strong as it was before 2015 general elections better wakes up from his fool’s paradise.

• _Franklyn Isong is a public affairs commentator (Published March 7, 2017)_

*Culled from Radar newspaper:*

http://radarpapers.ng/2017/03/07/before-pdp-dies-in-akwa-ibom/
Re: Atiku: 180 Former Lawmakers Take Position On Peter Obi’s Choice As Running Mate by Banyourdestiny: 12:56pm On Oct 17, 2018
Pavore9:

That is very irrational of you.
Now, tell me what's rational?
Re: Atiku: 180 Former Lawmakers Take Position On Peter Obi’s Choice As Running Mate by excel101(m): 12:57pm On Oct 17, 2018
In Atikobi we trust
Re: Atiku: 180 Former Lawmakers Take Position On Peter Obi’s Choice As Running Mate by Pavore9: 1:01pm On Oct 17, 2018
Banyourdestiny:
Now, tell me what's rational?

Not everyone believes God exists and Heaven has not fallen while you are here expecting everyone to support Atiku/Obi. Not every Nigerian witha PVC is divided along the lines of APC/PDP as they are people who are tired of persons in these parties and would rather prefer to vote outside these two.
Re: Atiku: 180 Former Lawmakers Take Position On Peter Obi’s Choice As Running Mate by MyPoint: 1:01pm On Oct 17, 2018
Hfavored:
Obi we know meanwhile people should just stop this man a Christian. Obi is Olumba Olumba cultist. He is even married to their gods daughter

This is laughable.
Obi is a staunch Catholic. This statements shows your ignorance about the OOO and how they operate.
Re: Atiku: 180 Former Lawmakers Take Position On Peter Obi’s Choice As Running Mate by excel101(m): 1:02pm On Oct 17, 2018
Hfavored:
Obi we know meanwhile people should just stop this man a Christian. Obi is Olumba Olumba cultist. He is even married to their gods daughter
Young man don't worry we'll manage him, because his cult is far better than the MIYETTI ALLAH that we know.

1 Like

Re: Atiku: 180 Former Lawmakers Take Position On Peter Obi’s Choice As Running Mate by hollywater: 1:06pm On Oct 17, 2018
They are all Atikulated.
Re: Atiku: 180 Former Lawmakers Take Position On Peter Obi’s Choice As Running Mate by Banyourdestiny: 1:06pm On Oct 17, 2018
Pavore9:

Not everyone believes God exists and Heaven has not fallen while you are here expecting everyone to support Atiku/Obi. Not every Nigerian witha PVC is divided along the lines of APC/PDP as they are people who are tired of persons in these parties and would rather prefer to vote outside these two.
Now this is irrational... Why waste your vote? Who kills rat while the house is on fire?

Rational thing is to vote out Buhari first so that these politicians will know that power of incubency no longer works that anyone can be voted out. Voting for anybody outside of atiku or Buhari is a total waste of vote, thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku: 180 Former Lawmakers Take Position On Peter Obi’s Choice As Running Mate by senatordave1(m): 1:11pm On Oct 17, 2018
excel101:
In Atikobi we trust
Igbos has gain economically in Buhari Government than any other Government.

1. An igbo man is manufacturing and supplying military arm trucks(Innoson motors).

2. After 58yrs military boots are been manufactured in Aba.

3. For the first time after 58yrs Arara market in Aba has 24hrs electricity to boost their production.

4. For the first time after 58yrs Abakiliki Rice is been sold in supermarkets like Shoprites and many more shops.

5. Buhari has made Igbos importers transactions with China easy with the Naira deal with yarn.

6. Buhari has constructed more roads in igbo land than any other government.

7. 2nd Niger bridge is on going by Buhari.

8. Buhari reelection 2019 will produce an igbo Senate President in the 9th Assembly.

9. Only Buhari reelection 2019 will guarantee igbo Presidency 2023.

10. Buhari is more of bless to Igbos than a curse.
Re: Atiku: 180 Former Lawmakers Take Position On Peter Obi’s Choice As Running Mate by WorldRichest: 1:12pm On Oct 17, 2018
clefstone:
Osinbajo is a theoretical genius, Obi is a practical genius. Enough of the theories and dreams, let's do reality, let's do Obi, lets OBIdiently Atikulate

Are you talking about Obituary and the US Fugivie Atikuloot? My hand no dey.
Re: Atiku: 180 Former Lawmakers Take Position On Peter Obi’s Choice As Running Mate by kelvee(m): 1:16pm On Oct 17, 2018
Someone needs this ASAP.

Re: Atiku: 180 Former Lawmakers Take Position On Peter Obi’s Choice As Running Mate by fedorahat: 1:20pm On Oct 17, 2018
ArmaniUhuru:

You say N-power? And buhari’s daughter was recently appointed into NNPC board.

People like you are the reason Noah allowed more animals into his ark than humans.
And you truly believe Buharis daughter is a board member of NNPC.

People like you are the reason whyAfrica is still backward.
Re: Atiku: 180 Former Lawmakers Take Position On Peter Obi’s Choice As Running Mate by Pavore9: 1:20pm On Oct 17, 2018
Banyourdestiny:
Now this is irrational... Why waste your vote? Who kills rat while the house is on fire?

Rational thing is to vote out Buhari first so that these politicians will know that power of incubency no longer works that anyone can be voted out. Voting for anybody outside of atiku or Buhari is a total waste of vote, thanks.

There are some who think voting out Buhari to vote in Atiku is replacing a fake drug with another fake medication, to them APC and PDP are the two sides of the same.
Re: Atiku: 180 Former Lawmakers Take Position On Peter Obi’s Choice As Running Mate by moses93(m): 1:22pm On Oct 17, 2018
why are some IBOS pretesting against the man in the first place? why can't these people be their brother's keeper for crying out loud? this is bullsh*t mehn.
Re: Atiku: 180 Former Lawmakers Take Position On Peter Obi’s Choice As Running Mate by excel101(m): 1:22pm On Oct 17, 2018
senatordave1:

1. An igbo man is manufacturing and supplying military arm trucks(Innoson motors).

3. For the first time after 58yrs Arara market in Aba has 24hrs electricity to boost their production.

4. For the first time after 58yrs Abakiliki Rice is been sold in supermarkets like Shoprites and many more shops.

5. Buhari has made Igbos importers transactions with China easy with the Naira deal with yarn.

8. Buhari reelection 2019 will produce an igbo Senate President in the 9th Assembly.

Either they'Ve gained in Buhari's Govt. or not, all we need is ATIKOBI.

1 Like

Re: Atiku: 180 Former Lawmakers Take Position On Peter Obi’s Choice As Running Mate by technicallyrich(m): 1:30pm On Oct 17, 2018
Hfavored:
my bro,is olumba olumba not christians again.
Re: Atiku: 180 Former Lawmakers Take Position On Peter Obi’s Choice As Running Mate by MallamJackson(m): 1:36pm On Oct 17, 2018
Peacemaker5128:
they just sacrifice Biafra just for VP slot to Fulani Muslim grin grin grin grin

Pained fellow on deck!

Ever since the emergence of the man as running mate APC knew "it is seasled"

Their doom of course.

#Back2DauraIsAProject

Daura dai baba!!
Re: Atiku: 180 Former Lawmakers Take Position On Peter Obi’s Choice As Running Mate by Wahala90: 1:40pm On Oct 17, 2018
PDP help!

Re: Atiku: 180 Former Lawmakers Take Position On Peter Obi’s Choice As Running Mate by Wahala90: 1:42pm On Oct 17, 2018
senatordave1:

Mumu. Most of those were PDP arrangements. Save your breath, we will vote Atiku.
Re: Atiku: 180 Former Lawmakers Take Position On Peter Obi’s Choice As Running Mate by donqx: 1:55pm On Oct 17, 2018
smiley
Re: Atiku: 180 Former Lawmakers Take Position On Peter Obi’s Choice As Running Mate by eric111111(m): 3:10pm On Oct 17, 2018
Sirpaul:
2019 loading ....
lets put hands together to build this country. Please lets stop insulting one another.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hate Speech Bill: Ibrahim Babangida Nobody Says Can Muzzle Nigerians / Labour Party To Tinubu: Investigate INEC & Yakubu before Emefiele / PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Lafia, Nasarawa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.