Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Help!!! My Radiator Fans Are Not Working & Engine Overheating -toyota Camry 2007 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help!!! My Radiator Fans Are Not Working & Engine Overheating -toyota Camry 2007 (3354 Views)

Wohala After Washing My Radiator And Condenser. / My Radiator Reservoir Gets Empty Quickly / Radiator Fans Don't Work When AC Is On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! My Radiator Fans Are Not Working & Engine Overheating -toyota Camry 2007 by whalleh: 8:50am On Oct 17, 2018
Dear Gurus in the house,

My mechanic worked on my engine yesterday. He changed the plugs, engine oil, filter. He also changed many fuses after he complained that most of my fuses are bridged and proposed that the fuses be changed.

After all the routine maintenance, my radiator fans does not kick in when engine is hot and AC does not cool (It picks and stops). Engine is overheating for the very first time since I bought the car.

I have attached an image of my fuse box. I'll appreciate if you guys can please help me check if anything was missed out in the fuse box.

I had to run the car this morning without the AC on to avoid overheating again.

Thanks in advance

Re: Help!!! My Radiator Fans Are Not Working & Engine Overheating -toyota Camry 2007 by hisgrace090: 9:08am On Oct 17, 2018
Go back to the mechanic for a recheck or look for another not nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Radiator Fans Are Not Working & Engine Overheating -toyota Camry 2007 by ikechemez(m): 9:29am On Oct 17, 2018
Look for an electrician to remove the thermostat. That solves your problem. Thank me later sha
Re: Help!!! My Radiator Fans Are Not Working & Engine Overheating -toyota Camry 2007 by homeboy205: 9:34am On Oct 17, 2018
You don mess up BIG TIME... Why change fuse when it's working the mech don remove the fan fuse maybe the one he put is not working.. Try get your fuse back
Re: Help!!! My Radiator Fans Are Not Working & Engine Overheating -toyota Camry 2007 by TRYGO(m): 9:48am On Oct 17, 2018
First things first here.
Here are some questions for you:
1. has the radiator fans being working before now?
2. how did the mechanic know that the fuses were bridged(shorted)?

Was there any electrical glitches you were experiencing that led him to recommend replacing those fuses in the engine fuselage?

Here's what you'd do:
1. ask the mechanic to have a rechecked of all the fuses he put in there.
It might be that he has mistakenly caused the radiator fan fuse to be shorted mistakenly, thereby leading to an open circuit in the fan circuits.

2. Whilst trying to replaced e some of the fuses, he may have mistakenly caused one of the fan relays to shift from its location (this would happen, if the slot in which the relay fits into, is worn).
Ask him to properly try pushing in the relays in their slots with little effort.

3. Do not ever agree to anyone that tells you to remove your car's thermostat.
The thermostat jeeps your engine's operating temperature at the recommended threshold, in order to effect efficient operation of the engine, and the fluids in the car.

I hole this piece of suggestion helps you sort out the problem.

Regards,
Joseph
08066643532(call/WhatsApp)
DW Nig Ltd
www.dxta.net.ng

PS: My bet on this is that is either he mistakenly placed a low amperage fuse in there.
Ensure the recommended fuses were replaced.
Don't use a 7.5A fuse where a 20A fuse is required.
If you do, you'd get an open circuit problems (fan won't power up!).
Re: Help!!! My Radiator Fans Are Not Working & Engine Overheating -toyota Camry 2007 by thebigkendo(m): 11:00am On Oct 17, 2018
ikechemez:
Look for an electrician to remove the thermostat. That solves your problem. Thank me later sha

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6770267_img20180131204415914_jpega8a1b325872407ea172a13fd2649da63

Diportivo dis your brother enh
Re: Help!!! My Radiator Fans Are Not Working & Engine Overheating -toyota Camry 2007 by whalleh: 1:23pm On Oct 17, 2018
TRYGO:
First things first here.
Here are some questions for you:
1. has the radiator fans being working before now?
2. how did the mechanic know that the fuses were bridged(shorted)?

Was there any electrical glitches you were experiencing that led him to recommend replacing those fuses in the engine fuselage?

Here's what you'd do:
1. ask the mechanic to have a rechecked of all the fuses he put in there.
It might be that he has mistakenly caused the radiator fan fuse to be shorted mistakenly, thereby leading to an open circuit in the fan circuits.

2. Whilst trying to replaced e some of the fuses, he may have mistakenly caused one of the fan relays to shift from its location (this would happen, if the slot in which the relay fits into, is worn).
Ask him to properly try pushing in the relays in their slots with little effort.

3. Do not ever agree to anyone that tells you to remove your car's thermostat.
The thermostat jeeps your engine's operating temperature at the recommended threshold, in order to effect efficient operation of the engine, and the fluids in the car.

I hole this piece of suggestion helps you sort out the problem.

Regards,
Joseph
08066643532(call/WhatsApp)
DW Nig Ltd
www.dxta.net.ng

PS: My bet on this is that is either he mistakenly placed a low amperage fuse in there.
Ensure the recommended fuses were replaced.
Don't use a 7.5A fuse where a 20A fuse is required.
If you do, you'd get an open circuit problems (fan won't power up!).

Thank you very much. I have asked that he come back and recheck the fuselage for what has gone wrong since he is the one who worked on it.

And to your first question, the radiator fans have been working perfectly before the operation. There were some minor electrical glitches that prompted the replacement of some of the fuses like the side mirrors not working, the running light not coming on or misbehaving.
Re: Help!!! My Radiator Fans Are Not Working & Engine Overheating -toyota Camry 2007 by diportivo: 8:06pm On Oct 17, 2018
ikechemez:

undecided

Re: Help!!! My Radiator Fans Are Not Working & Engine Overheating -toyota Camry 2007 by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:07am On Oct 18, 2018
ikechemez:

if a child starts coughing do you cut the tongue ? or you try to treat the cough

(1) (Reply)

How To Tell If Your Catalytic Converter Has Been Stolen / Must Know Toyota Rav4 / Honda Accord 2005 Vs Nissan Altima 2005-which Is More Expensive To Maintain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.