Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,117 members, 7,811,138 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

'South-East Governors Never Against Peter Obi’s Candidacy' – Ikpeazu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'South-East Governors Never Against Peter Obi’s Candidacy' – Ikpeazu (10760 Views)

Wike Says G-5 Governors Never Agreed To Support Peter Obi / Ifagbemi Awamaridi: Lagos LP Crisis May Nullify Obi’s Candidacy / Calistus Okafor Still In Court Over LP, Case Threatens Peter Obi's Candidacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

'South-East Governors Never Against Peter Obi’s Candidacy' – Ikpeazu by JeanBoKassa: 5:46pm On Oct 17, 2018
The governor of Abia State, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu on Wednesday denied reports making round that South East governors and Igbo leaders of the People Democratic Party (PDP) extraction were against the nomination of former Governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi as the running mate to Alhaji Atiku Abubakar for 2019 presidential election.

Ikpeazu who was answering questions from journalists at the Governor’s lodge located in Aba, the commercial hub of the state when Obi paid a condolence visit to him and the people of Abia State over the pipeline explosion in Osisioma Ngwa which has reportedly claimed over hundred lives, said it was wrong for anyone to claim that the governors of the South East were against Obi’s nomination.

He described Obi as a worthy son of Igbo land and a gift from Ndi-Igbo to Nigeria whom every Igbo man both at home and in the diaspora will queue behind considering his pedigree.

He said: “You were told a lie. Let me use this opportunity to congratulate our brother and a worthy son of Igbo Land for his nomination. He’s a gift from Ndi-Igbo to this country. His works and pedigree bears eloquent testimony of the Igbo DNA.

“It will be foolhardy for anybody not to queue behind a man like this to continue to serve this country to the best of his ability. What the South East governors said was that we expect our candidate to come back from his trip and have a tete-a-tete with us. And he said he will come to speak with us.

“There were no time leaders of Ndi-Igbo and South East Governors said we are not happy. His choice was apt and you can see the wide spread reception it is getting. If we are banking on the eleven million Igbos in the diaspora to vote it is only Mr. Peter Obi that can get them to do so.”

Also speaking, the chairman of the South East caucus of the National Assembly and senator representing Abia South Senatorial District in the senate, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe said that Peter Obi’s selection is one that has lifted the spirit of every Igbo person and has no opposition from any angle.

“As the chairman of South East Senate caucus of the National Assembly that the whole National Assembly is behind Peter Obi  and at no time was there any problem about his nomination as running mate to our presidential candidate.

“We know that ourselves, the governors forum and everybody in the South East are all in support of him. Because today, Nigeria needs men and women who their yes is their yes and no is no.

“We need people who will not see subsidy and call it under recovery. We need people who will not say that they’ve defeated Boko Haram and they turn around and keep executing Red Cross Workers. Today, what we have is somebody we can all queue behind to rescue Nigeria. Let me say it without equivocation that all Igbo leaders are queuing behind Peter Obi.”

Meanwhile, Mr. Peter Obi while speaking during his condolence visit urged Abia people to take heart. He consoled the locals and made personal donations to the affected people.

Speaking on his nomination and the perceived opposition from South East Obi said, “We in the South East has never been divided and we have never acted against each other.

“We have always acted as a team. The governors and the leaders are my own leaders. Since this wrong insinuation started, I’ve consulted governor Umahi, Ugwuanyi and of course today I’m here with my brother Ikpeazu, all the three PDP governors I’ve spoken with them.

“I have spoken to Senator Ike Ekweremmadu, one of our leaders.  Of course Senator Abaribe  is here with me. I’ve spoken with all of them including T. A Orji and Sam Egwu. For us,  we are going to work like a team. For us what is important is to rebuild Nigeria and rebuild the South East.

“What we need is to create jobs and make Nigeria better. We have always acted as a team. It is an opportunity for us to come out and vote massively for the PDP. we must put all hands on deck to get this mission accomplished.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/seast-govs-never-against-peter-obis-candidacy-ikpeazu/

16 Likes

Re: 'South-East Governors Never Against Peter Obi’s Candidacy' – Ikpeazu by JeanBoKassa: 5:47pm On Oct 17, 2018
Chaii they have left umahi.

Is now clear the people that was against Obi.

Umahi chaiiiii

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'South-East Governors Never Against Peter Obi’s Candidacy' – Ikpeazu by Earthquake1: 5:53pm On Oct 17, 2018
He would have been slapped if he said otherwise
Re: 'South-East Governors Never Against Peter Obi’s Candidacy' – Ikpeazu by Earthquake1: 5:54pm On Oct 17, 2018
JeanBoKassa:
Chaii they have left umahi.

Is now clear the people that was against Obi.

Umahi chaiiiii

They were in support of Umahi

They were taken aback by the backlash

12 Likes

Re: 'South-East Governors Never Against Peter Obi’s Candidacy' – Ikpeazu by slivertongue: 5:57pm On Oct 17, 2018
ofcourse we know dat it was d handiwok of d scam party-APC

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'South-East Governors Never Against Peter Obi’s Candidacy' – Ikpeazu by Almaiga: 6:09pm On Oct 17, 2018
The South East support President Buhari.

1 Like

Re: 'South-East Governors Never Against Peter Obi’s Candidacy' – Ikpeazu by BeautifulMind2: 6:22pm On Oct 17, 2018
We have always acted as a team. The governors and the leaders are my own leaders. Since this wrong insinuation started, I’ve consulted governor Umahi, Ugwuanyi and of course today I’m here with my brother Ikpeazu, all the three PDP governors I’ve spoken with them.

“I have spoken to Senator Ike Ekweremmadu, one of our leaders. Of course Senator Abaribe is here with me. I’ve spoken with all of them including T. A Orji and Sam Egwu. For us, we are going to work like a team. For us what is important is to rebuild Nigeria and rebuild the South East.

Lalasticlala

7 Likes

Re: 'South-East Governors Never Against Peter Obi’s Candidacy' – Ikpeazu by Sweetcollins: 6:50pm On Oct 17, 2018
We aff hear
Re: 'South-East Governors Never Against Peter Obi’s Candidacy' – Ikpeazu by princeade86(m): 6:50pm On Oct 17, 2018
good
Re: 'South-East Governors Never Against Peter Obi’s Candidacy' – Ikpeazu by Kenekingisback: 6:51pm On Oct 17, 2018
Amazing clarification.

5 Likes

Re: 'South-East Governors Never Against Peter Obi’s Candidacy' – Ikpeazu by Smart3856bwlu: 6:51pm On Oct 17, 2018
Fr

1 Share

Re: 'South-East Governors Never Against Peter Obi’s Candidacy' – Ikpeazu by khinqberry(m): 6:51pm On Oct 17, 2018
grin #atikuobi 2019

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'South-East Governors Never Against Peter Obi’s Candidacy' – Ikpeazu by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 17, 2018
So the pigmy in Ebonyi has been left orphan in his daftness.

Now the generality of Igbo race has seen his greed and selfishness, which may have just put a nail in his rise beyond the governorship of Ebonyi state.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'South-East Governors Never Against Peter Obi’s Candidacy' – Ikpeazu by gen2briz(m): 6:53pm On Oct 17, 2018
All is well
My PVC and passport are still intact
Re: 'South-East Governors Never Against Peter Obi’s Candidacy' – Ikpeazu by Randy100: 6:53pm On Oct 17, 2018
We must unite now to wrestle power from the lifeless one.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'South-East Governors Never Against Peter Obi’s Candidacy' – Ikpeazu by popsyleo1: 6:53pm On Oct 17, 2018
Ojukwu son is an animal nah. He is a lazy idiot

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'South-East Governors Never Against Peter Obi’s Candidacy' – Ikpeazu by chiedu7: 6:53pm On Oct 17, 2018
Buhari's Media Machine know how to generate FAKE NEWS!
Almaiga:
The South East support President Buhari.

God forbid, a man who cannot give us a fair share of the budget?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'South-East Governors Never Against Peter Obi’s Candidacy' – Ikpeazu by myettiallah: 6:54pm On Oct 17, 2018
Buhari will win
I love my president

1 Like

Re: 'South-East Governors Never Against Peter Obi’s Candidacy' – Ikpeazu by LordofNaija: 6:54pm On Oct 17, 2018
[/b]We need people who will not see subsidy and call it under recovery. We need people who will not say that they’ve defeated Boko Haram and they turn around and keep executing Red Cross Workers. Today, what we have is somebody we can all queue behind to rescue Nigeria. Let me say it without equivocation that all Igbo leaders are queuing behind Peter Obi.”[b]
Shots fired

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'South-East Governors Never Against Peter Obi’s Candidacy' – Ikpeazu by chiagozien(m): 6:55pm On Oct 17, 2018
Whether you people support him or not it wont stop us from boycotting 2019 election.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'South-East Governors Never Against Peter Obi’s Candidacy' – Ikpeazu by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 17, 2018
It is very impossible as a camel passing through a needle's eye as these governors going against obi.
Unless they don't value their lives and that of their families.

I don't even see the need why this has been news.

They will support him or any other igbo son with every arsenal they have.

Even if small input, let him an atiku try.

Like that like that Nigeria will improve.
I don't pray for miracle cos I'm trying to be realistic here.

1 Like

Re: 'South-East Governors Never Against Peter Obi’s Candidacy' – Ikpeazu by iLoveAnambra(m): 7:03pm On Oct 17, 2018
Oya go and sin no more...
Atikulate OVI
Re: 'South-East Governors Never Against Peter Obi’s Candidacy' – Ikpeazu by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 17, 2018
Ok.
Re: 'South-East Governors Never Against Peter Obi’s Candidacy' – Ikpeazu by BiafraIShere(m): 7:16pm On Oct 17, 2018
Sending the terrorist back to Daura is a task that must be done!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'South-East Governors Never Against Peter Obi’s Candidacy' – Ikpeazu by Buharimustgo: 7:17pm On Oct 17, 2018
myettiallah:
Buhari will win
I love my president

Why won't u love a terrorists?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'South-East Governors Never Against Peter Obi’s Candidacy' – Ikpeazu by Doerstech(m): 7:20pm On Oct 17, 2018
Ok
Re: 'South-East Governors Never Against Peter Obi’s Candidacy' – Ikpeazu by Almaiga: 7:21pm On Oct 17, 2018
chiedu7:

So the group of person's on the screenshots below are aliens abi?

1 Like

Re: 'South-East Governors Never Against Peter Obi’s Candidacy' – Ikpeazu by Lilimax(f): 7:29pm On Oct 17, 2018
chiedu7:

Tufiakwa nwoke a!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Won’t Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Again With Buhari — PDP / UK Parliament Debate Petition For Sanction Against Human Rights Abuse In Nigeria / Defend Yourselves Against Bandits’ Invasion – CAN Tells Southern Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.