Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) (21481 Views)

One Die, Four Injured After Truck Fell On Cars In Lagos (Photos) / The Moment A Container Truck Fell And Crushed An SUV (Disturbing Video) / A 20ft Containerized Truck Fell At Ijora-7up Bridge This Morning - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by philip2014(m): 7:46pm On Oct 17, 2018
And this post make front page, situation we are used to on Agbara-lusada road

1 Like

Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by Yankee101: 7:54pm On Oct 17, 2018
I thought Dangote was repairing this road? And Oyedepo is from around here? And Dino Melaye village no far?
Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 17, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
Dino Melaye's axis.

Chai, People!!
Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 17, 2018
Yankee101:
I thought Dangote was repairing this road? And Oyedepo is from around here? And Dino Melaye village no far?

Village people on Internet! grin
Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by haaryobhami: 7:55pm On Oct 17, 2018
just this week to last week I have pass this road twice.
thank God oh
Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by Yankee101: 7:56pm On Oct 17, 2018
UNIQUEISRAEL:

Village people on Internet! grin

Pray tell
Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by AskProf: 7:59pm On Oct 17, 2018
Codebrain747963:
Programming gives you the power to change anything in the WORLD

Wao! Hoping this isn't a SCAM?
Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by hundredrivas(m): 8:03pm On Oct 17, 2018
Federal govt is actually very lifeless and is one of the most useless arms of govt in Nigeria. Just look at a federal road
Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by Switsex(f): 8:05pm On Oct 17, 2018
Please good people of nairaland! A sister is in dying need of help. I have been locked out of my apartment over failure to pay the house rent.
I've exhausted all possible means to raise up the cash but to no avail, I'm like a breadwinner in my family. Please help me no amount is too much. I've paid the rest remaining 35k. Please help a sister. Thanks,,, Account number: 0096918231. Diamond bank. Mary Nweze.
Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by Bluffly: 8:06pm On Oct 17, 2018
Stupid leaders with crazy followers
Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by guru90: 8:26pm On Oct 17, 2018
i think that Aba is worse via Bad roads..............................

i dont no that Ekiti is worse than Aba self.....

But Aba is still leading via Bad roads......
Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by Bearings: 8:30pm On Oct 17, 2018
My home town, Omuo Ekiti

1 Like

Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by PediakAuthor: 8:40pm On Oct 17, 2018
philip2014:
And this post make front page, situation we are used to on Agbara-lusada road

Omg... Suffering and smiling...
Why should A son of man be used to such a lifestyle...

And besides... Where is agbara lusada located... Cos im hearing it for d very first time... Maybe...
Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by PediakAuthor: 8:44pm On Oct 17, 2018
guru90:
i think that Aba is worse via Bad roads..............................

i dont no that Ekiti is worse than Aba self.....

But Aba is still leading via Bad roads......

Get the message bro... Ekiti State has one of the best road networks in Nigeria... From Omuo LGA to Aramoko LGA or from Moba LGA to Ikere LGA all have good road networks... Infacts, some traveller often prefer Ekiti route to Akure route while travelling to Lagos...

The pictured road in question is the link between Kogi State and Ekiti State...

Thanks...
Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by coretechng1(m): 8:56pm On Oct 17, 2018
Well tarred road everywhere.Dual lane.Good road networks nationawide. The country is working.

1 Like

Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by Smooyis(m): 9:02pm On Oct 17, 2018
The road is an important one connecting the north and south of Nigeria. Only in Nigeria will that kind of road be abandoned to deteriorate to its present pitiable and deadly state. When will our government have eyes and ears. shocked cool shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by berrystunn(m): 9:06pm On Oct 17, 2018
I don't really like Atiku...
But I will personally vote for him.

His a good bad guy..

Buhari is a bad badly guy.

1 Like

Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by guru90: 9:38pm On Oct 17, 2018
PediakAuthor:

Get the message bro... Ekiti State has one of the best road networks in Nigeria... From Omuo LGA to Aramoko LGA or from Moba LGA to Ikere LGA all have good road networks... Infacts, some traveller often prefer Ekiti route to Akure route while travelling to Lagos...

The pictured road in question is the link between Kogi State and Ekiti State...

Thanks...

I gat that.... But all the federal roads in Aba are dead.... e.g Aba to Ph etc...
Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by tyeenigga(m): 9:39pm On Oct 17, 2018
PediakAuthor:
Just yesterday, i was travelling to Ado-Ekiti from the North in order to witness the inauguration of my newly-elected Ekiti Governor, it was quite an adventurous trip for me tho.. To mention afew: the Toyota Corolla that broke down on the road after driving for 20 minutes, the unreliable Honda ball-joint that pulled off the track at a speed bump, the impressive sights of the ongoing construction of Dangote's Obajana/Kabba road giving travellers an alternative bypass to the Okene/Kabba route, the Ekiti kid (at the road-side) that sold 12 pieces of banana for 100naira (equivalent to that of 400naira in Abuja) and the likes...

Incidentally, a truck heading towards the Northern Nigeria from the South-West got derailed along the deterioriating Kabba/Omuo-Ekiti Federal Road (specifically at Ikoyi-Ijumu town in Kogi State).

As theorized by me, the ugly incidence occured due to the state of the poorly maintained road while the driver was trying to dogde the big pot-holes in a quest to get a head-on to the North...

Averagely, the ETA - Expected Time of Arrival of travellers between Omuo-Ekiti to Kabba, Kogi State should not be more than 25 minutes @ 120kmph, but the ETA is now roughly more than 1hour, you can hardly "Pedal to the Metal"!!!

The first question that flashed my mind when i had a sight of the incidence was that: "what if an innocent vehicle was passing by the trailer?" but we thank God that nothing of such happened.

It should be noted that most of the auto-crash incidence that occured in the past are often traceable to bad roads... However, i will not deny the fact that the Federal Government has been trying all viable means to fix the transport infrastructure of the Nation, but, i will like her to shift more interventional attention in fixing some deterioriating Federal Roads, such as this of Omuo-Ekiti/Kabba road which is one of the major link between the southern and northern Nigeria.

Lastly, i need to note that this particular road has been in a deterioriating state for several years without any effort to get it fixed, I hereby use this medium to reach out to FERMA (Federal Road Maintenance Agency) to yield to this wake up call.

God Bless Nigeria...
I saw the truck on my way to Ilorin from Abuja, two other truck sank while trying to pull it

1 Like

Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by PediakAuthor: 9:42pm On Oct 17, 2018
tyeenigga:

I saw the truck on my way to Ilorin from Abuja, two other truck sank while trying to pull it

Like seriously I knew something like that would happen cos no dry land around the spot...

1 Like

Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by Chuknovski(m): 1:56am On Oct 18, 2018
passed by i saw it, enroute lag, throgh ekiti akoko

1 Like

Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by abibun: 4:40am On Oct 18, 2018
That is ikoyi in ijumu LGA,the town before senator Smart Adeyemi's town

1 Like

Re: A Truck Fell Along Kabba/omuo-ekiti Federal Road (pictured) by asobo: 5:27pm On Feb 10, 2019
oladele97:
Kogi state has the worst road network in Nigeria, Kabba to Ilorin is another pathetic one
Let Buhari and Yahaya Bello come and fix the road. That was why we voted for change

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov Soludo commenced Dualisation of Ekwueme Square Road with Flyover in Awka(pi / Uk Visa Tlscontact Nigeria Lagos And Abuja (all You Need To Know) / Passengers Scamper For Safety As Fire Break Out At Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.