Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,397 members, 7,861,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:53 AM

Lagos Resumes Work On Okokomaiko- Badagry Road - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Resumes Work On Okokomaiko- Badagry Road (13673 Views)

Abba Kyari Reinstated, Resumes Work - Demola Of Lagos (Photos) / COVID-19: Buhari Resumes Work After Testing Negative / Lagos State Government Resumes Construction Of The Ten-Lane Lagos-Badagry Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Resumes Work On Okokomaiko- Badagry Road by technuel: 8:27am On Oct 18, 2018
Road where I dey now who come dey lie this kind lie this early morning

1 Like

Re: Lagos Resumes Work On Okokomaiko- Badagry Road by dany5(f): 8:28am On Oct 18, 2018
And why did OP upload lekki express instead of Badary express way?if you are a journerlist then you gave failed woefully.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Resumes Work On Okokomaiko- Badagry Road by tete7000(m): 8:32am On Oct 18, 2018
Fasola caused all these in the first instance. They are only trying to clear a mess caused by one of their own.
Re: Lagos Resumes Work On Okokomaiko- Badagry Road by trychris: 9:17am On Oct 18, 2018
LAYAS! Nothing good comes from this Bamgbetan.LCDA Chairman his performance was zero but filled with press releases like this one!
Re: Lagos Resumes Work On Okokomaiko- Badagry Road by rapwide(m): 9:43am On Oct 18, 2018
lol where dem de since na
Re: Lagos Resumes Work On Okokomaiko- Badagry Road by seguntijan(m): 9:59am On Oct 18, 2018
BREAKING NEWS: AMBODE TO RUN IN 2019

The governor of Lagos State Akinwunmi Ambode on Monday held a press briefing at his office in Alausa Ikeja.

Among other things, Governor Ambode revealed his intention to run during the 2019 Access Bank Lagos City Marathon.

Biko, I put beans for fire. Good morning
Re: Lagos Resumes Work On Okokomaiko- Badagry Road by robert334: 10:09am On Oct 18, 2018
Bad road have ever seen in my life
Re: Lagos Resumes Work On Okokomaiko- Badagry Road by Celmatador(m): 10:38am On Oct 18, 2018
Abegii! Am sure he wants to steal his retirement fund thru this project. Tomorrow now u will hear he spent 3 billion naira.

Re: Lagos Resumes Work On Okokomaiko- Badagry Road by Innomach(m): 10:38am On Oct 18, 2018
Liars! That is the road I apply on daily basis. As a matter of fact, a new shock absorber that I recently changed, got damaged and ripped my back tire open after running into a very deep pothole covered by flood right in the middle of the road.... Their men are there truly, but what are they doing? Sand/stone filling some potholes which only take two three days to wash off leaving the road worse than it were. If the government are sincere, let them visit the mentioned places themselves. But they wouldn't, probably because they've collected their kick backs and look the other way. That road is a drain pipe, that's the reason they're not committed to patching the bad portions of the road. The money they're wasting on that road in the name of rehabilitation is more than enough to fix that road if they are serious. They know if they permanently find solution on the road, that business has closed for them. And that is the reason they are deceiving themselves, busy but doing nothing. I challenge the commissioner to visit the named places and come back to repeat his release.
Re: Lagos Resumes Work On Okokomaiko- Badagry Road by PK2: 10:55am On Oct 18, 2018
Lagos State Government make una fear God ooo,wch of the listed areas above looks like this right now.
rodeo0070:
…Assures commuters of a permanent solution to the traffic jam

The Lagos State Government has assured residents who commute along the Lagos- Badagry Road that efforts to rehabilitate the bad portions of the road have resumed following the cessation of the rains.

A press release signed by the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr. Kehinde Bamigbetan said that despite being an international route under the purview of the Federal Government, Lagos State will deploy equipment and its maintenance team to the road until commuters and other users are relieved of the stress caused by the bad portions.

Addressing the need to overhaul the road, the statement revealed that the Ministry of Works & Infrastructure has maintained the road regularly in the last three and a half years through rehabilitation, explaining that discussions with investors willing to upgrade the road under the Private-Public Partnership deal are ongoing at both the State and Federal levels.

According to the statement, “So far, the Public works Corporation has carried out palliative works at Iyana Era, Ijanikin, Oko-Afo, Magbon, Ibereko, Araromi, Iyana Isashi and Agbara”.

It noted the importance of the route to trade in the West African region, saying discussions about the planned expansion of the Lagos-Badagry Expressway to a 10-lane highway, which began with the construction of the section from Eric Moore to Okokomaiko, formed part of discussions between Lagos State Governor Akinwunmi Ambode and Chinese investors during President Buhari’s recent trip to China.

The statement added that in July, this year, Governor Akinwunmi Ambode responded to residents’ complaints about the traffic logjam along the expressway by directing that the completed segment of the road with the BRT Corridor from Eric Moore to Trade Fair be opened up to ease traffic.

It listed the completed portions of the road to include Aradagun-Iworo-Ajido road and Ajara- Agelaso- Poka/ Erekiti while Aradagun-Imeke-Ajido-Epeme road, Samuel –Ekundayo/Toga are undergoing construction.

Bamigbetan assured residents that the government will put in place adequate measures to ensure smooth flow of traffic and security during the process that will also include commencement of the construction of Abule Ado Road.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/lagos-resumes-work-on-okokomaiko-badagry-road/
Re: Lagos Resumes Work On Okokomaiko- Badagry Road by PK2: 10:59am On Oct 18, 2018
Leave those people jare,road wey we dey pass everyday na em dem dey show us picture of wetin no be......Most car owner are forced to park their car at home or rather visit the mechanic twice or thrice in 2 weeks due to the bad road and yet they keep telling peeps they are working
Innomach:
Liars! That is the road I apply on daily basis. As a matter of fact, a new shock absorber that I recently changed, got damaged and ripped my back tire open after running into a very deep pothole covered by flood right in the middle of the road.... Their men are there truly, but what are they doing? Sand/stone filling some potholes which only take two three days to wash off leaving the road worse than it were. If the government are sincere, let them visit the mentioned places themselves. But they wouldn't, probably because they've collected their kick backs and look the other way. That road is a drain pipe, that's the reason they're not committed to patching the bad portions of the road. The money they're wasting on that road in the name of rehabilitation is more than enough to fix that road if they are serious. They know if they permanently find solution on the road, that business has closed for them. And that is the reason they are deceiving themselves, busy but doing nothing. I challenge the commissioner to visit the named places and come back to repeat his release.
Re: Lagos Resumes Work On Okokomaiko- Badagry Road by senetorjboss(m): 11:13am On Oct 18, 2018
post=72188566:
Ambode is still working!
Wre,,, Cus the residents threatened pass protest bah
Re: Lagos Resumes Work On Okokomaiko- Badagry Road by mechanics(m): 12:25pm On Oct 18, 2018
post=72188566:
Ambode is still working!
Sure, he has to still work .
Re: Lagos Resumes Work On Okokomaiko- Badagry Road by rapixihu: 12:46pm On Oct 18, 2018
ambode still dey sha ,lagos aint dead yet... tongue
Re: Lagos Resumes Work On Okokomaiko- Badagry Road by Phyde: 2:37pm On Oct 18, 2018
skarlett:
They should work on the Barracks to Mile 2 road too. It's a mess and quicksand trap whenever it rains.

Even that Iyanaoba road they've been constructing for ages angry
Maybe they are yet to notice that is the worst place whenever it rain.
Re: Lagos Resumes Work On Okokomaiko- Badagry Road by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 18, 2018
Phyde:

Maybe they are yet to notice that is the worst place whenever it rain.

They're very dumb, they started construction and left it midway, what did they expect?
Re: Lagos Resumes Work On Okokomaiko- Badagry Road by hemmaoshos(m): 6:37pm On Oct 18, 2018
That is lekki road on the picture....lol
crazygod:
Story. I ply that route almost everyday. Until I see it before I believe. By the way, let him finish that airport to dopemu road before he leaves. The road that was small before he now narrowed it further and abandoned it. angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

LASG Gives N20,000 Each To 2nd Batch Of 315 Returnees From South Africa / Amotekun: South West Governors To Sign Bill For Legal Backing On February 14 / Gunmen Attack SARS Police Station In Enugu, Six Sars Operatives Killed- Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.