Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,002 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure (7692 Views)

Calabar-ugep-ogoja-katsina Ala Road- Another GEJ Project Buhari Takes Credit / Top 10 'dodgy' Contracts Awarded Under Brf In Lagos State / Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by gbengapro: 5:17pm On Jul 15, 2010
We are fed up with the serial lies and media propaganda of
> Fashola. Can you imagine that the LASU-Iba road contract
> that was jerked up and awarded for several billions of naira
> and which the contractor claimed to have completed ready for
> commissioning was last week destroyed by flood. Not only did
> the flood completely cut and divided the road into two
> because of the shoddy work done, the culvert that was
> erected by the contrator was removed by the flood, hence,
> erosion water sacked occupants of the houses thereby
> destroying property worth millions of naria. And this is a
> clear example of how all their projects which they have over-
> inflated are handled in Lagos in spite of the media hype
> that BRF is performing.
He should forget about his second term illusion. A la
> ti o le se!
>
>
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by thweraja10: 5:32pm On Jul 15, 2010
Na Fashola construct the bridge. Sigh
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by saintneo(m): 6:55pm On Jul 15, 2010
That Chinese was just noodles. cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

WOW! I used that road while I resided at Igando angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by chosen04(f): 7:21pm On Jul 15, 2010
gbengapro:

We are fed up with the serial lies and media propaganda of
> Fashola. Can you imagine that the LASU-Iba road contract
> that was jerked up and awarded for several billions of naira
> and which the contractor claimed to have completed ready for
> commissioning was last week destroyed by flood. Not only did
> the flood completely cut and divided the road into two
> because of the shoddy work done, the culvert that was
> erected by the contrator was removed by the flood, hence,
> erosion water sacked occupants of the houses thereby
> destroying property worth millions of naria. And this is a
> clear example of how all their projects which they have over-
> inflated are handled in Lagos in spite of the media hype
> that BRF is performing.
He should forget about his second term illusion. A la
> ti o le se!
>
>

I thut u guys claimed that that ''flower planter'' was the best governor in this country?

That guy is a disaster waiting to happen. No, its already happening!

Can you imagine the billions spent in planting flowers and breaking houses? destroying markets and re-arranging media hips?
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by tpiah: 7:28pm On Jul 15, 2010
this is the road. If you have eyes, look at it very well.

@ chosen04

does the sight of flowers hurt your eyes? You prefer seeing overflowing gutters and trash heaps, right? I'm sure if they ask you how many flowers you've planted in your entire life, the answer will be zero.
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by oderemo(m): 7:30pm On Jul 15, 2010
guys dont worry , paddy-lo and babapupa will fix that road.
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by tpiah: 7:32pm On Jul 15, 2010
^instead of panicking, an educated person will look at what went wrong and analyze the soil.

that's why oyibos always seem to get sense past nigerians.
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by ezeagu(m): 7:34pm On Jul 15, 2010
tpiah:

this is the road. If you have eyes, look at it very well.

I don't understand, what happened?
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by babapupa: 7:44pm On Jul 15, 2010
tpiah:

^instead of panicking, an educated person will look at what went wrong and analyze the soil.

that's why oyibos always seem to get sense past nigerians.

Abeg don't mind the illiterates. What's this got to do with Fashola or road construction? That's a freeking sinkhole and it's a natural and common occurrence.

Silly dumb and dumbers,
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by blacksta(m): 7:45pm On Jul 15, 2010
Only God knows how much the contractor collected to build the road and now one rainfall the thing collapse - Why Why Why  - what happened to international best practices on road building.  I suspect the contract was given to an Area boy turned civil engineer with 2 tippers, 1 caterpillar and 100 labourers with shovel and rake.  

In the western world before  a road is constructed the foundation is strengthened with pure concrete and metal casing rods and definitely not with CLAY SOIL. I just hope Eko Atlantic is not built with this kind of foundation.
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by tpiah: 7:48pm On Jul 15, 2010
blacksta:

Only God knows how much the contractor collected to build the road and now one rainfall the thing collapse - Why Why Why  - what happened to international best practices on road building.  I suspect the contract was given to an Area boy turned civil engineer with 2 tippers, 1 caterpillar and 100 labourers with shovel and rake. 

In the western world before  a road is constructed the foundation is strengthened with pure concrete and metal casing rods and definitely not with CLAY SOIL. I just hope Eko Atlantic is not built with this kind of foundation.

Contractor begins filling Tampa sinkhole

TAMPA - Some 20 tons of limestone boulders and eight dump trucks full of sand were dumped today into a gaping sinkhole that already has swallowed a car and was threatening a condominium building.

"This is not a repair," said Carl Kirchendorfer, with NEC Keystone Inc., a local contractor that fixes sinkholes. "It's not a Band-Aid. It's a plug."

A backhoe parked about 30 feet away from the lip of the pit and used an extension arm to drop the rocks and sand into the pit, located in a rear parking lot of the Bordeaux Village Condominiums on 50th Street north of Fowler Avenue.

The rocks were dropped first into the hole, followed by the sand. The goal was to overfill the hole, Kirchendorfer said. By doing that, rain will drain off to the side and not into the hole, which would further destabilize soil.

"We're filling it up," Kirchendorfer said, "so it doesn't act like a big funnel when it rains."

Once the pit is filled, engineers can take ground penetrating radar readings to determine the stability of the ground.

The 25-foot-wide, 40-food-deep pit opened up Sunday in the eastern parking lot of the condo complex.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/jul/15/151401/contractor-plug-tampa-sinkhole-rocks-sand/

[quote][/quote]
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by blacksta(m): 7:50pm On Jul 15, 2010
Liar liar  Sink hole ko  Singing lesson ni

make i go research sink hole and come back to deal with the topic.

This is simply shoddy work
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by oderemo(m): 7:50pm On Jul 15, 2010
Abeg don't mind the illiterates. What's this got to do with Fashola or road construction? That's a freeking sinkhole and it's a natural and common occurrence.
babapupa , so we are all illiterates now.
an injury is much sooner forgotten than an insult.{lord chesterfield 1746}
u start the mudsling oh. shocked shocked
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by tpiah: 7:54pm On Jul 15, 2010
blacksta:

Liar liar Sink hole ko Singing lesson ni

make i go research sink hole and come back to deal with the topic.

[img]http://www.mpwwa.ca/siteadmin/assets/photo-gallery/sinkhole-01.jpg[/img]

[img]http://images.ctv.ca/archives/CTVNews/img2/20090717/450_sinkhole_road3_090717.jpg[/img]

[img]http://monado.files./2009/07/sinkhole-finch-e-of-dufferin-2009.jpeg[/img]

is it that hard for you to admit your level of knowledge is faulty?
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by babapupa: 7:58pm On Jul 15, 2010
ode remo:

babapupa , so we are all illiterates now.
an injury is much sooner forgotten than an insult.{lord chesterfield 1746}
u start the mudsling oh. shocked shocked

Would you like me to repeat it again? Yes you are, pick up a book and educate yourselves sometimes.
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by tpiah: 8:02pm On Jul 15, 2010

Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by blacksta(m): 8:10pm On Jul 15, 2010
What causes sinkholes?

A sinkhole is a large depression in the Earth's surface, often shaped[b] like a well or a funnel[/b], that can be up to several miles in diameter. Sinkholes are most common [size=15pt]in limestone regions.[/size] Underground layers of limestone can be dissolved by groundwater or by seepage from above-ground streams.

http://www.enotes.com/science-fact-finder/earth/what-causes-sinkholes

I have seen a number of sink holes they all look round - The lagos one is not round and is not in a limestone area it is simply substandard work
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by oderemo(m): 8:13pm On Jul 15, 2010
Would you like me to repeat it again? Yes you are, pick up a book and educate yourselves sometimes
i will let your insult pass, cos i know your age.
like i said b4, you dont have a reverse gear, thats your problem.
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by tpiah: 8:16pm On Jul 15, 2010
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by babapupa: 8:18pm On Jul 15, 2010
blacksta:

What causes sinkholes?

A sinkhole is a large depression in the Earth's surface, often shaped[b] like a well or a funnel[/b], that can be up to several miles in diameter. Sinkholes are most common [size=15pt]in limestone regions.[/size] Underground layers of limestone can be dissolved by groundwater or by seepage from above-ground streams.

http://www.enotes.com/science-fact-finder/earth/what-causes-sinkholes

I have seen a number of sink holes they all look round - The lagos one is not round and is not in a limestone area  it is simply substandard work

Mogbe!! So sinkholes must be round?

Why not just shut up and let people assume you get common sense instead of opening your mouth and confirm your lack of common sense and illiterate status.
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by babapupa: 8:22pm On Jul 15, 2010
ode remo:

i will let your insult pass, cos i know your age.
like i said b4, you dont have a reverse gear, thats your problem.

I guess you were praising me when you uttered "paddy-lo and babapupa will fix that road"

Cry baby, don't dish out what you can't take.
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by blacksta(m): 8:24pm On Jul 15, 2010
Answer the question fool  - Is that part of Lagos a limestone area. This damage was not caused by A river bursting it banks it was caused RAIN for goodness sake or maybe they did not budget for drainage system  - bloody shoddy work.
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by tpiah: 8:28pm On Jul 15, 2010
blacksta for goodness sake stop this embarassing tirade.

a river bursting it's banks or flooding caused by heavy rains- isnt it still water involved?
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by oderemo(m): 8:30pm On Jul 15, 2010
I guess you were praising me when you uttered "paddy-lo and babapupa will fix that road
"
praise you? your ego is now Atlantic grin

Cry baby, don't dish out what you can't take.  

i am objective, analytical and fair in my in my comments., but will not stoop low to name calling which is butter to bread for you.
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by blacksta(m): 8:32pm On Jul 15, 2010
tpiah:

blacksta for goodness sake stop this embarassing tirade.

a river bursting it's banks or flooding caused by heavy rains- isnt it still water involved?

if it is were a river that busted it banks then no problem but for Rain that you are expecting  dont u think a drainage system would  have prevented the unnecessary havoc  - it is  still shoddy work. which is common factor in Nigeria
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by tpiah: 8:36pm On Jul 15, 2010
^^the drainage system can either prevent or aggravate sinkholes.

all this info is on wiki.

nobody is saying lagos has a perfect drainage system, but sinkholes are also found in other places besides lagos, including the western world.

the issue here is why join the likes of gbengapro and chosen04 to rain curses on fashola.

those two [and forpeace, etc] are exercises in idiocy and nobody in their right mind would consider them anything but clowns.
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by bkbabe90(m): 8:40pm On Jul 15, 2010
blacksta:

if it is were a river that busted it banks then no problem but for Rain that you are expecting  dont u think a drainage system would  have prevented the unnecessary havoc  - it is  still shoddy work. which is common factor in Nigeria

Man, shut up and go smoke some crack in an alley somewhere! Thats a freaking sink-hole! Are u blind or dumb, or dumb and blind? Jesus!
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by AloyEmeka8: 8:44pm On Jul 15, 2010
This is not only seen in Lagos but across Nigeria because our POLITICIANS/LEADERS take kickbacks thereby forcing contractors to invest only 5% of the amount billed for the project on it.

For those posting pictures of sinkholes in the West, did they even ask for the ages of those roads?. Must we measure all our failures with the west?. Can't we set the pace sometimes?. Looking at the one in Lagos, one can easily tell that they were  built with a substandard materials. The road is not thick enough to withstand common harmattan.

I don't like the idea of abusing Fashola tho but he should make sure he probes the project and hold the contractors accountable unless he has skeletons in his cupboard pertaining to the contract.
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by babapupa: 8:47pm On Jul 15, 2010
ode remo:

"
praise you? your ego is now Atlantic grin

i am objective, analytical and fair in my in my comments., but will not stoop low to name calling which is butter to bread for you.

What was objective and analytical about "paddy-lo and babapupa will fix that road"?

Do you even read your own posts?
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by babapupa: 8:55pm On Jul 15, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

This is not only seen in Lagos but across Nigeria because our POLITICIANS/LEADERS take kickbacks thereby forcing contractors to invest only 5% of the amount billed for the project on it.

For those posting pictures of sinkholes in the West, did they even ask for the ages of those roads?. Must we measure all our failures with the west?. Can't we set the pace sometimes?. Looking at the one in Lagos, one can easily tell that they were  built with a substandard materials. The road is not thick enough to withstand common harmattan.

I don't like the idea of abusing Fashola tho but he should make sure he probes the project and hold the contractors accountable unless he has skeletons in his cupboard pertaining to the contract.

lol @ construction engineer. So from where you're siting, you are able to tabulate the technical details and the quality of the materials used?

What's age of the road got to do with a natural occurrence and sinkholes is not limited to the west. What pace would you like to set about a natural occurrence. This is just another illiterate thinking and utterance.
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by oderemo(m): 8:58pm On Jul 15, 2010
@babapupa i better ignore you.
i like fashola, i have friends that wine and dine with the geezer VERY well.
he is trying his best, but i have the opportunity to look critically at events when they unfold in lagos and drop my views once in a while without being called nutter and illiterate by the like of babapupa and paddy-lo.
damn.
Re: Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure by tpiah: 9:00pm On Jul 15, 2010
see oyibo/western style of reporting, and compare with the incoherent rants of the thread starter and his cronies:

Rain leads to Hwy. 135 sinkhole

The powerful storms pushed the annual rainfall total for Santa Maria from 93 percent of normal before the storms hit to 155 percent of normal at the end of the day Thursday, said Ken Clark, expert senior meteorologist with AccuWeather.

Even though the storm series is gone, remnants of the problems it caused remain.

Notably, a small section of northbound Highway 135 south of the Highway 1 overpass cracked and sunk due to the conditions.

In heavy rain, incidents of roadways washing away are fairly common, Jones said.

http://www.lompocrecord.com/news/local/article_4d72299e-07ea-11df-9599-001cc4c03286.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why You Should Not Yet Rejoice About 2017 Budget? / SW To Assume 5% Role From 2019 / NPA Looting: Reps Urge EFCC To Investigate Hadiza Bala Usman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.