Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Stop Dumping Mentally Challenged Persons In Anambra - State Government - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Stop Dumping Mentally Challenged Persons In Anambra - State Government (12596 Views)

Ogun: 'stop Dumping Dead Babies, Faeces In Public Waste Bins" - Commissioner / Anambra Women Ministry Clears Nkpor Express of Mentally Challenged Persons (Pix) / Mentally Challenged Woman Gives Birth To A Baby Boy In Anambra (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Dumping Mentally Challenged Persons In Anambra - State Government by ebusnwaoma: 4:58am On Oct 20, 2018
The Anambra State Government has issued a warning to neighbouring states, who reportedly dump mentally challenged persons in the state.

Anambra State Commissioner for Children and Women’s Affairs, Mrs Ndidi Mezue, who recounted how the state had rehabilitated over 100 persons within a short while, aid because some states had noticed that the State had a rehabilitation programme for mentally challenged persons and other destitute people, they have decided to dump them with reckless abandon.

According to Mrs Ndidi who spoke with Punch's correspondent, most of the rehabilitated people were from other states.

“Most of the individuals who were picked up from different locations in Anambra State were people from neighbouring states, who were dropped off in Anambra State by unknown individuals.

“The ministry will do all it can to rid the streets of Anambra State of destitute and mentally-challenged people. The manner in which such people are brought into Anambra State to carry out illicit activities like begging and wandering is disgusting" she said.

“It is not easy to manage such persons. One of the mentally challenged persons was  tracked from the UNIZIK junction, Awka to Amawbia before the team were able to apprehend him. From the information gathered from the boy who is probably in his early twenties, it was revealed that he is from Edo State.

“The subsequent raid that was carried out under the Aroma flyover, Awka, netted an elderly mentally challenged woman, who explained that she is from Lagos State, and was dropped off in the state, by her uncle" she added.

https://lailasnews.com/stop-dumping-mentally-challenged-persons-in-anambra-state-government/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Dumping Mentally Challenged Persons In Anambra - State Government by Perky89(m): 5:22am On Oct 20, 2018
Lol

4 Likes

Re: Stop Dumping Mentally Challenged Persons In Anambra - State Government by OMANBALA1: 5:22am On Oct 20, 2018
ffuck this nigga above. Aint like you have something sensible to say.

Omanbala has worked very hard to put resources in place for rehabilitation of the mentally challenged and to rid our street of this nuisance only for our irresponsible neighbors to keep littering my father's land. We should issue a warning and sternly direct it to these people and next time it happened we will ship these psychos back to their states. Anambra nnem can't keep using our lean resources to bail foreigners out.

Ononenyi nwa.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Dumping Mentally Challenged Persons In Anambra - State Government by deji17: 5:22am On Oct 20, 2018
Anambra state and mad people.. Tufiakwa.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Dumping Mentally Challenged Persons In Anambra - State Government by donofdons: 5:23am On Oct 20, 2018
Let them leave mad people alone na. I was mad for 4 years and I really enjoyed myself. Lying by the smelly gutter of idumota felt better than staying in the best hotel room. Just like Christ, I was quite convinced I was God and I created the world. I felt better in my rags that anyone will feel in a Gucci until one rich idiot came to take me to a psychiatrist who gave me medicine that cleared the illusion from my eyes and I now feel like I am suffering.

Before you insult me, know that being mad feels exactly the same way many born again Christians feel. That is, when a man believes a stupid story so much that he believes an imaginary Christ is his friend and he hears God talk to him.
The truth is that Christ himself was a mad man like me and actually believed he was God. Him eye clear when them knack nail enter him hand, na Im him start to Dey beg God.

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Stop Dumping Mentally Challenged Persons In Anambra - State Government by BecomeALandLord(m): 5:23am On Oct 20, 2018
Oh really?
Re: Stop Dumping Mentally Challenged Persons In Anambra - State Government by sumbo5: 5:24am On Oct 20, 2018
May God heal them all in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Stop Dumping Mentally Challenged Persons In Anambra - State Government by Sarang(f): 5:25am On Oct 20, 2018
Funny how they are not gonna be helped and taken to a mental hospital but getting rid of..

Hitlers of this day.. ndi ala angry
Re: Stop Dumping Mentally Challenged Persons In Anambra - State Government by inoki247: 5:25am On Oct 20, 2018
Dey are trying to advertise dat dey need more Mad man indirectly so dey can use dat Avenue to steal Tax payer moni

1 Like

Re: Stop Dumping Mentally Challenged Persons In Anambra - State Government by chiedu7: 5:25am On Oct 20, 2018
deji17:

Every state has them.

It appears only Anambra has a plan.

That means ur state is PLANLESS

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stop Dumping Mentally Challenged Persons In Anambra - State Government by deji17: 5:28am On Oct 20, 2018
chiedu7:

Every state has them.

It appears only Anambra has a plan.

That means ur state is PLANLESS
But Anambra appears to have them in abundance. Too many mad people.

6 Likes

Re: Stop Dumping Mentally Challenged Persons In Anambra - State Government by September13: 5:28am On Oct 20, 2018
It's a good thing you are doing Madam

Keep up the good work

1 Like

Re: Stop Dumping Mentally Challenged Persons In Anambra - State Government by nwamabo247(m): 5:29am On Oct 20, 2018
they want to benefit from the good governace of the state naw

3 Likes

Re: Stop Dumping Mentally Challenged Persons In Anambra - State Government by OMANBALA1: 5:30am On Oct 20, 2018
bodesmith:
too many mentally deranged people in my state

And your state is

5 Likes

Re: Stop Dumping Mentally Challenged Persons In Anambra - State Government by OMANBALA1: 5:31am On Oct 20, 2018
September13:
It's a good thing you are doing Madam

Keep up the good work

We have pressing need , our youths are jobless and hopeless , and our resources must be used to build Anambra for only Anambra people.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Dumping Mentally Challenged Persons In Anambra - State Government by Believe33: 5:33am On Oct 20, 2018
sumbo5:
May God heal them all in Jesus name. Amen

Our mentality self. don't you think that they need treatment and care. People living with mental illness need our support and respect and not maltreatment. That is how its been done in the western world. Let our government and non profit organisations provides accommodation, treatment and care to them not the other way round. Most of them can be properly treated and integrate back to the community.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Dumping Mentally Challenged Persons In Anambra - State Government by Nobody: 5:34am On Oct 20, 2018
Ndi ala everywhere.
Re: Stop Dumping Mentally Challenged Persons In Anambra - State Government by OMANBALA1: 5:34am On Oct 20, 2018
deji17:

Very few Ndi Anambra are among these people, we have worked very hard to build rehabilitation facilities just like we completely got rid of exam malpractice. We dont have mad people littered all over the place. Now, tell me where you come from.

14 Likes

Re: Stop Dumping Mentally Challenged Persons In Anambra - State Government by flyca: 5:34am On Oct 20, 2018
deji17:
The government is trying to rehabilitate ONLY mentally unstable Anambrarians. Tell your people that they should rehabiltate theirs too. And not to dump them in Anambra.

12 Likes

Re: Stop Dumping Mentally Challenged Persons In Anambra - State Government by deji17: 5:36am On Oct 20, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Very few Ndi Anambra are among these people, we have worked very hard to build rehabilitation facilities just like we completely got rid of exam malpractice. We dont have mad people littered all over the place. Now, tell me where you come from.
Akuko uwa.
Re: Stop Dumping Mentally Challenged Persons In Anambra - State Government by mushystuff: 5:38am On Oct 20, 2018
deji17:

Dumb statement! Did you even read not to talk of comprehend? You just hate and hate for no reason!

10 Likes

Re: Stop Dumping Mentally Challenged Persons In Anambra - State Government by googlepikins: 5:39am On Oct 20, 2018
Afonjas stop dropping your mad cuzins in our door step

3 Likes

Re: Stop Dumping Mentally Challenged Persons In Anambra - State Government by deji17: 5:41am On Oct 20, 2018
mushystuff:

Dumb statement! Did you even read not to talk of comprehend? You just hate and hate for no reason!
Hate is a strong word. Only LiePOB are allowed to hate.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Dumping Mentally Challenged Persons In Anambra - State Government by OMANBALA1: 5:42am On Oct 20, 2018
deji17:
Akuko uwa.

Didn't they say one of them was from Lagos? Your people...lol

6 Likes

Re: Stop Dumping Mentally Challenged Persons In Anambra - State Government by mushystuff: 5:49am On Oct 20, 2018
deji17:
Hate is a strong word. Only LiePOB are allowed to hate.

You do a very good job of hating. Lying, deceit and double-faced dealings are rampant in your neck of the woods so you fit the bill of a 'LiePOB' to a Tee.

4 Likes

Re: Stop Dumping Mentally Challenged Persons In Anambra - State Government by JaffyJoe(m): 5:50am On Oct 20, 2018
The state with the highest representation of mad people is Oyo State no doubt. Dem full everywhere for Ibadan.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Dumping Mentally Challenged Persons In Anambra - State Government by dbynonetwork: 5:54am On Oct 20, 2018
The entire Skull miners state government should take note..... They should stop dumping mentally challenged skull miners in anambra State..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Dumping Mentally Challenged Persons In Anambra - State Government by deji17: 5:54am On Oct 20, 2018
mushystuff:

You do a very good job of hating. Lying, deceit and double-faced dealings are rampant in your neck of the woods so you fit the bill of a 'LiePOB' to a Tee.
Whatever you believe is fine by me. Its part of the madness going on in Anambra. No lefelendum, no erection.

1 Like

Re: Stop Dumping Mentally Challenged Persons In Anambra - State Government by Hotfreezer: 5:55am On Oct 20, 2018
Why are they crying?
Shebi Anambra is "Home for All"?

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chikwe Ihekweazu: No State In Nigeria Is COVID-19 Free / Lamentations Of A ‘frustrated’ Nigerian Surgeon / U.S. Reports Malaria Vaccine Breakthrough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.