Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Jim Ovia Launches "Africa Rise And Shine" Book In New York (PHOTOS) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Jim Ovia Launches "Africa Rise And Shine" Book In New York (PHOTOS) (10555 Views)

Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum / Jim Ovia's 'Africa Rise And Shine' Launching Is On Monday / 'Africa Rise And Shine' Jim Ovia's Book To Be Launched September 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jim Ovia Launches "Africa Rise And Shine" Book In New York (PHOTOS) by Frankicent(m): 2:20pm On Oct 20, 2018
Sholaco:
So why can it be lanuch here on African continent embarassed

sarap he already launched the book here in Nigeria @Eko hotel last month.
Re: Jim Ovia Launches "Africa Rise And Shine" Book In New York (PHOTOS) by GeorgeTheCoder: 2:20pm On Oct 20, 2018
He launched in Lagos, is that not enough ?
How many times have you seen white people go outside their countries to launch books ? This is just an inferiority complex at work.
Re: Jim Ovia Launches "Africa Rise And Shine" Book In New York (PHOTOS) by ITCareerINxtGen: 2:21pm On Oct 20, 2018
Nice.
How will U end the year? Broke? Self-assured? Rich? U have the power to determine it. Stop waiting. Take SURE STEPS! Not wishful thinking. Life offers U so many doors, it is up to U to choose which to open & which one to close. Remember time is not your friend! A service business puts money in your pocket, like this one -

http://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Phones-Tablets-Repairs-Professionals/dp/9789534116. Get It NoW!
Re: Jim Ovia Launches "Africa Rise And Shine" Book In New York (PHOTOS) by nextstep(m): 2:21pm On Oct 20, 2018
Sholaco:

Because the idea is to promote Africa to outside investors. Our wealthy elite are always looking to buy property in Dubai and London and don't care about opportunities here. On the other hand foreign investors are looking to invest in Africa, and are looking for good reasons why.

Launching in Africa will only get you a disinterested audience that's just there to "go to a book launching event", talk endlessly and and show off their expensive clothes and iPads. At most you'll get small coverage on ChannelsTV without real action from investors.

That's why.
Re: Jim Ovia Launches "Africa Rise And Shine" Book In New York (PHOTOS) by GeorgeTheCoder: 2:24pm On Oct 20, 2018
SoNature:
America is a very powerful country
It's as though if you haven't been recognized in the United States, you have yet to get started
Perhaps that's why Nigerian companies are rushing to advertise their products on CNN
God bless America

Nigerian companies advertise on CNN because CNN has regional reach. Those Avery's you see for zenith Bank, uba etc are broadcast to West Africa. Americans Asians and Europeans don't get to see them
Re: Jim Ovia Launches "Africa Rise And Shine" Book In New York (PHOTOS) by SoNature(m): 2:33pm On Oct 20, 2018
GeorgeTheCoder:

Nigerian companies advertise on CNN because CNN has regional reach. Those Avery's you see for zenith Bank, uba etc are broadcast to West Africa. Americans Asians and Europeans don't get to see them

I doubt. There are two arms of CNN: CNN for Americans and CNN for the rest of the world.

If you always watch it, you would notice.

After reading the headlines, they will announce what Americans will henceforth be watching and then the rest of the world

Besides, if your argument is correct, why am I seeing Malaysian and Macedonian ads? I should have been seeing African ads only
Re: Jim Ovia Launches "Africa Rise And Shine" Book In New York (PHOTOS) by Ugosample(m): 2:36pm On Oct 20, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Oga just sell your book. Africa's narrative can never be changed.
lolz
why do you think so?
Re: Jim Ovia Launches "Africa Rise And Shine" Book In New York (PHOTOS) by Ugosample(m): 2:37pm On Oct 20, 2018
GeorgeTheCoder:
He launched in Lagos, is that not enough ?
How many times have you seen white people go outside their countries to launch books ? This is just an inferiority complex at work.

what is this one saying?
Re: Jim Ovia Launches "Africa Rise And Shine" Book In New York (PHOTOS) by lexy2014: 2:42pm On Oct 20, 2018
aminulive:
@POLITICSNGR

The Founder/Chairman of Zenith Bank Plc, Mr. Jim Ovia recently launched his book, Africa Rise and Shine in New York. This prestigious event happened on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly and had foreign dignitaries and private sector captains of industry in attendance.

Earlier, Africa Rise and Shine was unveiled in Lagos at Eko Hotel and Suites on September 17, 2018. The event had Nigeria’s Vice President, His Excellency, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, GCON (SAN), other government functionaries, traditional rulers and private sector stakeholders present.

Africa Rise and Shine is available for pre-order online at Amazon and in-store at Laterna Books and Roving Heights.

https://politicsngr.com/jim-ovia-launches-africa-rise-shine-book-new-york-photos/

is that a book launch?
Re: Jim Ovia Launches "Africa Rise And Shine" Book In New York (PHOTOS) by GeorgeTheCoder: 2:47pm On Oct 20, 2018
SoNature:

I doubt. There are two arms of CNN: CNN for Americans and CNN for the rest of the world.

After reading the headlines, they will announce what Americans will henceforth be watching and then the rest of the world

Besides, if your argument is correct, why am I seeing Malaysian and Macedonian ads? I should have been seeing African ads only

I disagree.

CNN broadcasts in segments to many different markets. US, EU, Asia, Africa, Latin America. What you watch in Nigeria is CNN international + the West African segment. It used to cost 15 million per quarter to advertise on this segment. I have no idea what the going rate now is.

You see ads for Malaysia and Macedonian airlines because these companies want to develop their business in West Africa. Nigeria in particular is a growth market. If you were to watch CNN in Kigali or Nairobi, the ads would be different. If you watch CNN in South America there are options for programs in spanish.

Go on their website and you will see their coverage areas, market segments and information on languages, programming and pricing.
Re: Jim Ovia Launches "Africa Rise And Shine" Book In New York (PHOTOS) by GeorgeTheCoder: 2:51pm On Oct 20, 2018
Ugosample:

what is this one saying?

Go to school and learn comprehension. Again.
Re: Jim Ovia Launches "Africa Rise And Shine" Book In New York (PHOTOS) by Ugosample(m): 2:58pm On Oct 20, 2018
GeorgeTheCoder:

Go to school and learn comprehension. Again.

;undecided
Re: Jim Ovia Launches "Africa Rise And Shine" Book In New York (PHOTOS) by Focusmind: 3:22pm On Oct 20, 2018
SoNature:

It depends on what you paid for. Some pay for world wide audience and som pay for country / regional views only
Re: Jim Ovia Launches "Africa Rise And Shine" Book In New York (PHOTOS) by samseen02(m): 3:38pm On Oct 20, 2018
If you are ready to make N1500 to N3000 Daily pls visit this link https://www.nairaland.com/4798805/proven-legit-make-n1500-n3000#72260342
Re: Jim Ovia Launches "Africa Rise And Shine" Book In New York (PHOTOS) by harmbhrosz(m): 3:40pm On Oct 20, 2018
ShameOnAPC:
Sell your book there, since you've decided to lunch it in New York

Charity begins at home
as if you were even going to buy grin
Re: Jim Ovia Launches "Africa Rise And Shine" Book In New York (PHOTOS) by ClassiqueMan: 3:41pm On Oct 20, 2018
DrRasheed:
Very industrialist in his speech, well cultured unlike the boss of micro finance.
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Jim Ovia Launches "Africa Rise And Shine" Book In New York (PHOTOS) by ClassiqueMan: 3:42pm On Oct 20, 2018
ictjobber:
You want Africa to rise and shine but you no fit patronize any of the numerous publishing houses wey full here. You had to cross the Atlantic to publish your book.. Africa rise and shine kee you there
undecided undecided undecided

Re: Jim Ovia Launches "Africa Rise And Shine" Book In New York (PHOTOS) by Nwibii: 4:05pm On Oct 20, 2018
Thugnificent:
Nice, also, Happy birthday to me!! . I thank God for life and being able to complete the 365 day circle. Even tho i don't have food to eat not to talk of celebrating but I'm greatful to God for that priceless gift. I'll really appreciate anyone who'll help to make my day memorable. It'll never be forgotten!! God bless us all.

HBD bro, age graciously, may d next person below me ask u to send him ur account digits bro. Hope u are not banking with Zenith bank?
Re: Jim Ovia Launches "Africa Rise And Shine" Book In New York (PHOTOS) by philoedu(m): 4:14pm On Oct 20, 2018
This is what might be called '-African enigma, it just like in medicine, we have all type from every conner of the globe to our Country, yes they are just- Medicine but when we get African cocotion mix up of whatever means or ways , we call "-Alternative Medicine, now the question is why is - alternative? , medicine is medicine inrespective of who made it.

I think African need to school their mind and recognized who they really are in the first place before anyone can take them seriously..l remain Afro- Optimist, no matter what any one says about Africans.

1 Like

Re: Jim Ovia Launches "Africa Rise And Shine" Book In New York (PHOTOS) by Thugnificent(m): 5:18pm On Oct 20, 2018
Nice
Re: Jim Ovia Launches "Africa Rise And Shine" Book In New York (PHOTOS) by rozayx5(m): 5:30pm On Oct 20, 2018
Homeboiy:
come to Benin city and see how scanty it is

all roads blocked cos of book launch

ha

but BUBU did not come na

why all that security?

GEj was there with Gowon

1 Like

Re: Jim Ovia Launches "Africa Rise And Shine" Book In New York (PHOTOS) by babasolution: 5:33pm On Oct 20, 2018
APCLyingBastard:
Rubbish.

Your wakanda fairy tale crap book was launched not in your shith0le but in the White's man land.

Why do these people like disgracing themselves

the baby boomer generation are very wicked
Re: Jim Ovia Launches "Africa Rise And Shine" Book In New York (PHOTOS) by babasolution: 5:35pm On Oct 20, 2018
TimeMachine:

Africa's narrative has changed but remains stagnant in the minds of the very ignorant who can not see the visible physical changes but resort to the narrative in their minds. Your assertion is plainly myopic. And that is because you have not really known Africa, it is a continent of many countries, some of these countries are very much better than 'some' Western Countries and 'some' European countries.

But then again, someone in a hamlet of some village will always think the rest of African countries and their cities must look like his hamlet.

That is ignorant perception of the subject's myopic narrative and not the true position of things.

Rest in Peace, friend.

its a lie,until Africa starts produces for its self,African narrative has therefore not changed
Re: Jim Ovia Launches "Africa Rise And Shine" Book In New York (PHOTOS) by mikael11(m): 5:56pm On Oct 20, 2018
shey na African American you write the book for?
Re: Jim Ovia Launches "Africa Rise And Shine" Book In New York (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 20, 2018
babasolution:

its a lie,until Africa starts produces for its self,African narrative has therefore not changed
Re: Jim Ovia Launches "Africa Rise And Shine" Book In New York (PHOTOS) by babasolution: 6:07pm On Oct 20, 2018
producing i mean to say
Re: Jim Ovia Launches "Africa Rise And Shine" Book In New York (PHOTOS) by maduabuchi15(m): 7:52pm On Oct 20, 2018
You better sell that book there and change the title to American arise. The idiot that use Nigeria money to write a book he knows nothing about. Africa kee you there. I'm still wondering if Africa is now in USA
Re: Jim Ovia Launches "Africa Rise And Shine" Book In New York (PHOTOS) by Ctrlfocus: 9:34pm On Oct 20, 2018
Sholaco:

It is better not to lauch it in Africa simply because most of the great people of (great minds-developed minds) that will eventually help Africa to rise and shine are THERE in the west of which i am one of them.

Whosoever care should try n get a copy afterwards. ..

Thanks y' ul.
Re: Jim Ovia Launches "Africa Rise And Shine" Book In New York (PHOTOS) by Litmus: 10:19pm On Oct 20, 2018
What is it with Nigerians and "Africa!" Nigerians should concentrate on Nigeria, forget Africa, Africa means you no good. If Nigerians worldwide with the economic means help government increase the living standards of all Nigerians, the purchasing power of Nigeria would be such, the purchasing power of the rest of Africa could be done without.
Re: Jim Ovia Launches "Africa Rise And Shine" Book In New York (PHOTOS) by uche77zero(m): 6:28pm On Oct 21, 2018
ShameOnAPC:
Sell your book there, since you've decided to lunch it in New York

Charity begins at home

Read you news it was launched in Lagos

(1) (2) (Reply)

Average Cost Of Chemicals For Paint Production / Products That Can Be Imported Into Nigeria / NIMC Clears Over 2.5m Backlog Of NIN Modification – DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.