Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,106 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

Let's Talk About Warren Buffet - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Let's Talk About Warren Buffet (6496 Views)

Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion / Guys, Let's Talk Business / Warren Buffett Diagnosed With Prostate Cancer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Talk About Warren Buffet by frankiriri(m): 7:05am On Jul 27, 2007
hola2ng:

All in all -everything has been said.
We all still need to follow our own beliefs and principles.
If it works for Mr. A does not guarantee it would work for Mr. B

I dont agree with that statement.
In this life there are principle and laws that govern everything. All you have to do is work with a given principle and you will acheive the desired results.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Warren Buffet by hola2ng(m): 11:18am On Jul 27, 2007
Re: Let's Talk About Warren Buffet by omoelle(f): 11:36pm On Jul 27, 2007
Thanx all, this is very enlightening.
Re: Let's Talk About Warren Buffet by Amjiving: 11:01pm On Sep 29, 2007
What would Warren do in the current bear market
Re: Let's Talk About Warren Buffet by frankiriri(m): 4:14pm On Dec 14, 2007
@ Amjiving
Warren or any other long termer would seize hold of the opportunities presented by the bear market to offloads funds packed into other short term investments into value stocks.
That is why it is important for us to have access to cash.
Re: Let's Talk About Warren Buffet by WBuffet: 4:49pm On Apr 07, 2008
Interesting!!!
Re: Let's Talk About Warren Buffet by muyii12: 12:15pm On Apr 08, 2008
@egoldman,
i saw ur post about first bank and dunlop,pls what can you asy about transcorp shares.
Re: Let's Talk About Warren Buffet by recruiter1: 8:16pm On Apr 12, 2008
hey all, if you wanna talk about Warren Buffet the man, no problem. However, if u wanna talk about his investment technique then you've gotta take ur time. Some poster before said there r laws that govern things and my man Warren has summed up the laws that consistently work in any, i repeat, ANY equity market. Whether it's in Nigeria, Japan, USA, UK. His techniques work. But to fully understand his techniques you've gotta go back to his metor, a man called Benjamin Graham, who started the institution that evolved into today's CFA.

Anyways, if you want to learn a simple yet highly effective method of investing the Warren/Graham way, then you MUST read BUFFETLOGY. If you just wanna learn about the man's idiosncracies then the other biographies are okay. BUT if it's about how he invests then you have to read BUFFETOLOGY by Mary Clark, ADVANCED BUFFETOLOGY by the same author and lastly THE SMART INVESTOR by Benjamin Graham.

However, i warn you that these books require (especially the last one) require patience and commitment to long term value investing. Anyone read all these books yet?
Before anyone asks, you should be able to get Smart Investor and Advanced buffetology at Nu Metro or that Christian bookshop near Eko Hotel (V/I), i can't remember the name right now sad . I saw Advanced buffetology there.
Re: Let's Talk About Warren Buffet by WBuffet: 1:14pm On Apr 14, 2008

Hey, I never did that!
Re: Let's Talk About Warren Buffet by frankiriri(m): 4:51pm On Apr 14, 2008
recruiter1:

hey all, if you want to talk about Warren Buffet the man, no problem. However, if u want to talk about his investment technique then you've gotta take your time. Some poster before said there r laws that govern things and my man Warren has summed up the laws that consistently work in any, i repeat, ANY equity market. Whether it's in Nigeria, Japan, USA, UK. His techniques work. But to fully understand his techniques you've gotta go back to his metor, a man called Benjamin Graham, who started the institution that evolved into today's CFA.

Anyways, if you want to learn a simple yet highly effective method of investing the Warren/Graham way, then you MUST read BUFFETLOGY. If you just want to learn about the man's idiosncracies then the other biographies are okay. BUT if it's about how he invests then you have to read BUFFETOLOGY by Mary Clark, ADVANCED BUFFETOLOGY by the same author and lastly THE SMART INVESTOR by Benjamin Graham.

However, i warn you that these books require (especially the last one) require patience and commitment to long term value investing. Anyone read all these books yet?
Before anyone asks, you should be able to get Smart Investor and Advanced buffetology at Nu Metro or that Christian bookshop near Eko Hotel (V/I), i can't remember the name right now sad . I saw Advanced buffetology there.
I have Buffetology and I also have Benjamin Graham's intelligent investor ( thought I have not ye gotten round to reading it. ). Me, I am more interested in the man's investment technique, which have catapulted him to the no 1 position in the richest people 's list.
The bookshop you are refering to at V/I is Laterna Ventures. It is on Oko Awo street
Re: Let's Talk About Warren Buffet by WBuffet: 4:30pm On Apr 18, 2008
mmm!
Re: Let's Talk About Warren Buffet by abujabooks(f): 5:57pm On May 02, 2008
Great stock investor.
Re: Let's Talk About Warren Buffet by WBuffet: 3:46pm On May 13, 2008

That was when I thought of starting Berkshire Hathaway.
Re: Let's Talk About Warren Buffet by GeorgeD1(m): 9:47am On Jul 08, 2009
that man is a smart chap
Re: Let's Talk About Warren Buffet by GeorgeD1(m): 1:11pm On Jul 28, 2009
i wonder what shares he may be buying now in this global meltdown?
Re: Let's Talk About Warren Buffet by WBuffet: 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2010
My principles are not difficult to apply but the business world is full of impatient and obstinate investors who do not want to learn

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Warren Buffet by GeorgeD1(m): 9:41am On Aug 04, 2010
your a buffet imposter?
Re: Let's Talk About Warren Buffet by frankiriri(m): 5:00pm On Jul 22, 2017
Been ages I posted here.
With the benefit of hindsight can we analyse how successful our investment strategy has been
Re: Let's Talk About Warren Buffet by Kennyking1234: 2:33am On Apr 13, 2021
WBuffet:

My principles are not difficult to apply but the business world is full of impatient and obstinate investors who do not want to learn
lol
Re: Let's Talk About Warren Buffet by Kennyking1234: 2:34am On Apr 13, 2021
frankiriri:
Been ages I posted here.
With the benefit of hindsight can we analyse how successful our investment strategy has been
Nice idea sir

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

51 Businesses To Start With 100k-500k In Nigeria (2023 Updated) / Access Bank Plans N30bn 15.5% Tier-2 Bond / Is Condom Importation Against Christianity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.