Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Ibb Backs Out Of 2011! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibb Backs Out Of 2011! (1037 Views)

Ibb Backs Oba Of Lagos / IBB Backs Mohamed Shakau / Kabiru Sokoto For 2015 / Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibb Backs Out Of 2011! by Boboribo: 8:59am On Jul 16, 2010
www.thenationonlineng.net/web3

Special Adviser to the President on National Assembly Matters, Senator Mohammed Abba Aji yesterday said that former Military President, General Ibrahim Babangida would not contest the 2011 presidential election with President Goodluck Jonathan.

According to him, Babangida would step aside from the race any moment from now.

Abba Aji, who is the chairman of Friends of Democracy, a coalition of groups drumming support for President Jonathan for the 2011 presidential race, spoke to journalists in his office Thursday.

He maintained that there were good reasons why Babangida will not contest the election with Jonathan.

According to him, Babangida understands what is at stake in Nigeria today and that he would not do anything that could jeopardise the unity and stability of the nation, stressing that the former military leader had made similar personal and political sacrifices in the past, by sacrificing his personal interests for the good of the country.

“Former President Babangida is not just a member of the PDP but also a well respected leader of the party. We respect him a lot because he has made a lot of political sacrifices before. He has also made a lot of personal sacrifices too,” Abba Aji said
Re: Ibb Backs Out Of 2011! by Brownteeth(m): 9:14am On Jul 16, 2010
sacrificing for the nations sake? Is that the excuse? I hope he isnt trying trying something tricky. I guess he realized his ambition was becoming impossible day by day.
Re: Ibb Backs Out Of 2011! by hatch: 9:14am On Jul 16, 2010
Why now ? Please IBB do not step aside or back out,we want you to atleast waste more money and time b4 coming to your senses!What a Pathetic Hyena !
Re: Ibb Backs Out Of 2011! by oderemo(m): 9:17am On Jul 16, 2010
dont 4get he is the maraboutdona
Re: Ibb Backs Out Of 2011! by Brownteeth(m): 9:17am On Jul 16, 2010
Its remaining buhari who on his way to a third straight defeat.
Re: Ibb Backs Out Of 2011! by tkb417(m): 9:18am On Jul 16, 2010
he shd continue stepping aside till he steps into his grave

GJ would rule for 8 years

he shd add 8 to his age right now and tell me if he feels he can step in as an octogenerian

he shd just go and die somewhere
Re: Ibb Backs Out Of 2011! by formunt(m): 9:24am On Jul 16, 2010
Forget your elections go for independence. let north go and south go.This is better for your children and you can make more money as well.
IBB is not a good image for Nigeria .
Re: Ibb Backs Out Of 2011! by TheClown: 9:28am On Jul 16, 2010
Big B 1, where you dey? cheesy
Re: Ibb Backs Out Of 2011! by Onlytruth(m): 9:29am On Jul 16, 2010
lol! The result of his opinion poll research across Nigeria came back. He is thoroughly convinced he would lose. Poor IBB.
Re: Ibb Backs Out Of 2011! by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 16, 2010
Kennyblues and Big 1 must be crying now.Abeg make una remember me for one prado jeep o. . .rotflmao
Re: Ibb Backs Out Of 2011! by naso2(m): 9:35am On Jul 16, 2010
It is still mere speculation so no one should rejoice yet. I however know that IBB is not as brave as he appears. He will never go into any battle where he has less than 90% assurance of victory, so contesting against an incumbent amidst the division in the north presently does not in any way help his case. I somehow feel he will not contest
Re: Ibb Backs Out Of 2011! by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 16, 2010
na_so:

It is still mere speculation so no one should rejoice yet. I however know that IBB is not as brave as he appears. He will never go into any battle where he has less than 90% assurance of victory, so contesting against an incumbent amidst  the division in the north presently does not in any way help his case. I somehow feel he will not contest
there is no way on earth pdp would make IBB their flagbearer and since he can't win through an opposition party,he may likely step down.he's reading the handwriting on the wall.who needs a devil as a president.
Re: Ibb Backs Out Of 2011! by snowdrops(m): 9:50am On Jul 16, 2010
IBB is a very clever man. This is not the first time he is seemingly pulling out of a presidential race. Why spend so much money campaigning then to pull out later?

He knows he is evil and so many people would lick their lips to see his head on a plate. I believe this is his bargaining tool to propagate himself as a free man.

Besides, why should the presidents` and not IBBs spokesperson be announcing this?
Re: Ibb Backs Out Of 2011! by naso2(m): 9:56am On Jul 16, 2010
snowdrops:

IBB is a very clever man. This is not the first time he is seemingly pulling out of a presidential race. Why spend so much money campaigning then to pull out later?

He knows he is evil and so many people would lick their lips to see his head on a plate. I believe this is his bargaining tool to propagate himself as a free man.

Besides, why should the presidents` and not IBBs spokesperson be announcing this?

You understand how this things work. He surely will be reinbursed "good measure, pressed down , shaking together and running over".

In the backdoor negotiations to make him pull out, he will then make them know how much he has commited to the coming elections and will be setlled big time. Besides he will use that to bargain for some key slots for his supporters.
Re: Ibb Backs Out Of 2011! by Jakumo(m): 10:10am On Jul 16, 2010
Dang, no chit ?   After all that hot air from The Evil Genius, and all those fancy SUVs bought, he is simply QUITTING ?

Naw, this can't be true.  Tell us it ain't so,  Pablo Ibrahim Escobar Babangida.  You can't just RUN AWAY after all the cash you've laid out.   Call a news conference, for phuck's sake, and tell the world your press secretary is full of chit, and that you WILL run for the pole position in Nigeria come 2011.

Subsequent to this tragic turn of events, rumours abound that Nairaland's very own Big Bee , who had happily mortgaged his Belgravia home to raise money for the printing of thousands of "Vote IBB" posters, while penning an avalanche of ecstatic pro-Babangida essays in recent days, is now refusing all meals and close to suicide. 

[size=14pt]DON'T DO IT[/size] Big Bee !  We shall remain loyal fans and admirers even if you go broke over this unfortunate chit.   There IS life after another IBB U-turn, rest assured.  The problem with suicide is that the victim never gets to read the eulogies.  When there is life, there is hope ha ha ha ha.   Ahem,    Seriously, though, we do offer our most insincere condolences.  You must be feeling crushed right about now. Har har   

As for you, Evil Genius Baboongida, the honorable option still open is to RE-ENTER THE 2011 PRESIDENTIAL RACE, in accordance with the wisdom of that mantra you coined after overturning the landslide victory won by MKO Abiola in Nigeria's June 12 1993 elections - " No man is greater than Nigeria ."
Re: Ibb Backs Out Of 2011! by kehneah: 10:22am On Jul 16, 2010
step down my ass.its all in the blueprint,c the big picture
Re: Ibb Backs Out Of 2011! by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 16, 2010
I hope this man has not used the likes of Bigb1 and kaseem afegbua once again to buy himself some political relevance.

I will not be suprised to hear from them once again in the run up to 2015 elections.

IBB will remain Nigeria's perenial Presidential candidate till he dies and may never get to that office.

But the sad truth is whether honestly or dishonestly IBB has remained the only Presidential candidate who has tried to debate policies, ideas and his vision for the future of Nigeria. Eventhough I have no interest in giving him any benefit of doubt, he is the only candidate who has attempted to debate issues and lay out an agenda. If we are at a stage where the only candidate that has made sense so far is the candidate we simply do not want, then that I think is a collective failure of politics in Nigeria.
Re: Ibb Backs Out Of 2011! by Browser69(m): 10:56am On Jul 16, 2010
Whao! IBB, I can't believe this until after 24hrs if there is no response from his camp. Then he would be a big for nothing COWARD.
Re: Ibb Backs Out Of 2011! by PapaBrowne(m): 12:19pm On Jul 16, 2010
mikeansy:

I hope this man has not used the likes of Bigb1 and kaseem afegbua once again to buy himself some political relevance.

I will not be suprised to hear from them once again in the run up to 2015 elections.

IBB will remain Nigeria's perenial Presidential candidate till he dies and may never get to that office.

But the sad truth is whether honestly or dishonestly IBB has remained the only Presidential candidate who has tried to debate policies, ideas and his vision for the future of Nigeria. Eventhough I have no interest in giving him any benefit of doubt, he is the only candidate who has attempted to debate issues and lay out an agenda. If we are at a stage where the only candidate that has made sense so far is the candidate we simply do not want, then that I think is a collective failure of politics in Nigeria.

So true. He talks about policies! Which is a good thing. Only problem is the guy is doing all that just to appease his haters. I wish other candidates can talk about direct policies they intend to pursue. That way we know what we can hold them to.
Re: Ibb Backs Out Of 2011! by Gbawe: 1:04pm On Jul 16, 2010
PapaBrowne:

So true. He talks about policies! Which is a good thing. Only problem is the guy is doing all that just to appease his haters. I wish other candidates can talk about direct policies they intend to pursue. That way we know what we can hold them to.

Indeed. I also agree with you that IBB is merely waxing lyrical , with popular mantra, to appeal to Nigerians and placate those who see him as undemocratic and anti-progress. Nonetheless , even as we all know IBB's game, other candidates have to quickly sort out primary issues ( such as party platform they will run on ) to enable them declare , as early as possible , an interest in the Presidency as IBB has done commendably early.

Let the 'gladiators' show their hands and policies so that Nigerians can judge and 'place their bets' . Otherwise IBB , even if many totally reject him, will begin to actually sound like he means well for Nigeria with talks of "true federalism", "state Police" , "deregulation" and "increased PPP utilisation" while others keep mute in failing to reveal their plans for Nigeria.

The AC have said their candidate will emerge before the end of July. If , as promised , their candidate will be young , detribalised , a "man of merit", and a progressive , then this will up the ante as Nigerians can look forward to a keen race because other parties, as per the example the AC has set , will want to shun unpopular business-as-usual old men who are symbols of Nigeria's past failings. We can then hope to see men of merit battling it out by articulating their plans for Nigeria.
Re: Ibb Backs Out Of 2011! by MShittu: 10:27pm On Jul 16, 2010
I honestly can't trust IBB, and I'm a northerner. The degree of corruption that he took place under his rule is inexcusable.
Re: Ibb Backs Out Of 2011! by Mariory(m): 2:56am On Jul 17, 2010
Big B1 what happened this time? What are you guys going to do with the 500 campaign cars now?

(1) (Reply)

What / National Assembly Election to hold on Saturday: Postponed in some areas / Why The General Wept

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.