Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (574 Views)

House On The Rock Communion Day Outfits: Right Or Wrong? (Pics) / Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) / Hadith About Najran Christians Praying In The Masjid(mosque) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Xavier5(m): 12:11pm On Oct 21, 2018
Re: . by Xavier5(m): 12:13pm On Oct 21, 2018
Re: . by Xavier5(m): 12:14pm On Oct 21, 2018
Re: . by Xavier5(m): 12:15pm On Oct 21, 2018
Re: . by Godaboveall2: 12:33pm On Oct 21, 2018
Wrong. But needs higher understanding to know.

1 Like

Re: . by Mirriamvic(f): 10:28pm On Oct 21, 2018
TOTALY WRONG I DISLIKE IT . IT IS BORN OUT OF MAN'S WICKEDNESS

1 Like

Re: . by Xavier5(m): 2:30pm On Oct 22, 2018
Re: . by enilove(m): 2:48pm On Oct 22, 2018
Mirriamvic:
TOTALY WRONG I DISLIKE IT . IT IS BORN OUT OF MAN'S WICKEDNESS

Is the enemy they pray against loving or wicked ?

Praying against wicked souls is not wickedness .

1 Like

Re: . by purem(m): 2:53pm On Oct 22, 2018
How the hell will I pray for someone that doesn't want me to be successful in life

I rather BIND him or her

2 Likes

Re: . by enilove(m): 2:59pm On Oct 22, 2018
Xavier5:
CONTINUATION

Another instance is in 2 Timothy 4:14 (KJV);

"Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works:"

The above scripture is all about Paul the Apostle writing to Timothy his son in the LORD. In the scripture, Paul told Timothy about the evil or wicked or unfair actions of Alexander the coppersmith towards him. Now look at Paul's statement, Paul prayed that Alexander should be rewarded according to his works which means he prayed against Alexander. Now does it mean, Paul committed Sin by praying against Alexander rather than praying for him as commanded?

JESUS, when HE was on Earth didn't destroy his enemies or prayed against them rather HE did the opposite. An instance could be seen in Luke 9:51-56 when JESUS cautioned the James and John when they urged HIM (JESUS) to send down fire from heaven to consume the Samaritans because they refused them passage through their Land. BUT The HOLY SPIRIT Slaughtered Ananias and Sapphira just for Lying. Acts 5:1-11. This is getting complicated. Does that mean the HOLY SPIRIT committed SIN by doing what HE did. That's for you to ponder on.

So in Essence all I'm trying to say is according to the above facts, it is not a SIN neither is it WRONG for a Christian to pray against his or her enemy and also it is not also a SIN neither is it WRONG for a Christian to pray for his or her enemy. The choice is for every Christian to choose the way he or she wants to pray when it comes to Enemy issues.
As a matter of fact, Christians should do both depending on the scenario. There are times and scenarios when Christians should pray for their enemies and there are times and scenarios when they should pray against their enemies. That's what I do. There are times and scenarios when I pray for my enemies and There are times and scenarios when I pray against my enemies.

In Conclusion, it is not a Sin neither is it Wrong for a Christian to pray against his or her enemy and also it is not also a Sin neither is it Wrong for a Christian to pray for his or her enemy.

Thank You, Namastey.

#Xavier.
#Critical_Issues.

THE END.

We don't pray against our neighbours who are our carnal enemies but against spiritual enemies who are agents of darkness , like witches , wizards , satanists , demons, principalities etc.

1 Like

Re: . by budaatum: 3:13pm On Oct 22, 2018
enilove:

We don't pray against our neighbours who are our carnal enemies but against spiritual enemies who are agents of darkness , like witches , wizards , satanists , demons, principalities etc.

Atheist? Muslims? Jehova Witnesses? Catholics?
Re: . by budaatum: 3:15pm On Oct 22, 2018
purem:
How the hell will I pray for someone that doesn't want me to be successful in life

I rather BIND him or her
If only there were somewhere in scripture that says "pray for you enemy" , I would have had a response for you.

Pity.
Re: . by enilove(m): 3:43pm On Oct 22, 2018
budaatum:

Atheist? Muslims? Jehova Witnesses? Catholics?

The above are not to be prayed against but prayed for, because they need Divine interventions .
Some of them are even , character wise , better of than some christian, but unfortunately they will end in hell.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Delta State Government Approves Book By Pastor Chris For Tertiary Institutions / Perhaps Majority Will Be Saved In The End / Pastor Jailed for telling members to tithe 10% of their incomes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.