Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,750 members, 7,831,400 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? (9188 Views)

Teni Left Without Shaking Buhari's Hand After Receiving Award From Him (Video) / 5 Politicians That Showed Respect To Peter Obi While Shaking Hands With Him / Femi Fani-Kayode: "Kumuyi Shaking Buhari, I Am Ashamed" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by IamAtikulate: 7:26am On Oct 24, 2018
Lifeoffjay16:
. Russia, US and maybe China. British pm is a slave to the queen. Nigerian president possesses the most powers after US and RUSSIA Ps. Buhari will go, atiku will go. Nigerian presidency will remain. We talking about the office here.
What are you saying? Stop deceiving yourself pls.
Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 24, 2018
What is your source ?
Don't give me a blog, give me real documentation.
Your people are well known for rewriting history at will.
forgiveness:

If you don't know, ask.

Although, after my own personal research, I am glad to see that one tribe (the jebu) who now identifies with yoruba actually had balls.
I am still waiting for the ooni of ife and the alaffin of oyo, what were they doing when africa was being invaded ?
They were bowing down to the british without giving a fight.
Out of all you guys who claim to be "plenty pass everybody", only the few jebu had enough balls to give a fight to the brits.
Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by forgiveness: 4:47pm On Oct 24, 2018
prolog2:
What is your source ?
Don't give me a blog, give me real documentation.
Your people are well known for rewriting history at will.

Although, after my own personal research, I am glad to see that one tribe (the jebu) who now identifies with yoruba actually had balls.
I am still waiting for the ooni of ife and the alaffin of oyo, what were they doing when africa was being invaded ?
They were bowing down to the british without giving a fight.
Out of all you guys who claim to be "plenty pass everybody", only the few jebu had enough balls to give a fight to the brits.

This is my source.

https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imagbon&ved=2ahUKEwiowojgsZ_eAhWPDuwKHfdkBeQQFjABegQICxAE&usg=AOvVaw1hTU90-NUCkA2l_8W0pNP_

Moreover, not only one resisted Egba and Awori also resisted.

This is the source for Egba.

https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adubi_War&ved=2ahUKEwizy-39s5_eAhVO_KQKHTU-CxIQFjAJegQIABAB&usg=AOvVaw1AMpLKnEEakGJ0kQg7ldsP

The is source for Lagos.

[b]Battle of November 25, 1851 Edit
The first attack on November 25, 1851 was hastily organized and led by Commander Forbes who underestimated Oba Kosoko's defenses of about 5,000 men armed with muskets. Commander Forbes attack party consisted of 306 officers, men, marines and sailors aboard HMS Bloodhound along with 21 boats. Though the HMS Bloodhound sustained heavy fire from canons from the shore, a landing party went ashore but met very stiff resistance. By nightfall, the British had sustained 2 casualties and 10 injuries and Commander Forbes ordered a retreat.[7]

Battle of December 26, 1851 Edit
The battle of December 26, 1851 was termed by Lagosians Ogun Ahoyaya/Ogun Agidingbi (translated, "The Boiling Battle"wink. Captain Jones led the attack party consisting HMS Bloodhound, HMS Teaser, a flotilla of boats including The Victoria and The Harlequien equipped with overwhelming fighting power engaged Kosoko in a battle lasting 3 days. Kosoko put up a very stiff resistance however the British Navy's superior firepower won the day. Kosoko and his leading chiefs fled Lagos for Epe on December 28, 1851. According to Samuel Davies, a Saro and younger brother of JPL Davies who participated on the British side aboard HMS Bloodhound, Kosoko would have inflicted great losses on the British Navy had he not relied solely on static defenses but had deployed his war canoes with their swivel guns.[7] The British sustained 15 casualties and 75 wounded men. A young JPL Davies was among the wounded.[8]

Akitoye was taken ashore on December 29 to assess the bombarded town and accepted the loyalty of the chiefs to his installation as Oba of Lagos. On December 30, the British Navy dismantled all Kosoko's batteries and dumped 46 of his war guns at sea[/b].[7]

https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reduction_of_Lagos&ved=2ahUKEwiwnOKztJ_eAhVG3aQKHaHnDd8QFjABegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw3oTeLRDi0gUe_Mz4BnC7Ng&cshid=1540395914340

About Ibadan and others, they were engaged in 16 years civil war when the British came hence British allowed them to kill themselves.
Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by Xander85: 4:53pm On Oct 24, 2018
Naijaguy12345:
Its the humility in him and besides who will question him if he choses not to bow. Is Buhari not older than him ? He is an Oba, a leader of about 1 million people in his town, Buhari is a leader of over 200 million people.

Even bishops bowed for Buhari. The respect is not for buhari but the office of the president.

Nice try mate! The photographer took the pic at an opportune time, just as they were going to sit down!

Bow to Buhari say wetin happen!? Is he the Pope?
Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 24, 2018
First of all wikipedia is not a source and is not reliable in any manner.
Second of all, the Lagos which fought the british was under the authority of the Oba of Benin.
You people's myth about the awori has been going on for too long.
As every precolonial map indicates, Lagos was part of Benin Kingdom.
The only tribe which now calls itself yoruba and which fought the brits is called jebu.

forgiveness:

This is my source.

https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imagbon&ved=2ahUKEwiowojgsZ_eAhWPDuwKHfdkBeQQFjABegQICxAE&usg=AOvVaw1hTU90-NUCkA2l_8W0pNP_

Moreover, not only one resisted Egba and Awori also resisted.

This is the source for Egba.

https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adubi_War&ved=2ahUKEwizy-39s5_eAhVO_KQKHTU-CxIQFjAJegQIABAB&usg=AOvVaw1AMpLKnEEakGJ0kQg7ldsP

The is source for Lagos.

[b]Battle of November 25, 1851 Edit
The first attack on November 25, 1851 was hastily organized and led by Commander Forbes who underestimated Oba Kosoko's defenses of about 5,000 men armed with muskets. Commander Forbes attack party consisted of 306 officers, men, marines and sailors aboard HMS Bloodhound along with 21 boats. Though the HMS Bloodhound sustained heavy fire from canons from the shore, a landing party went ashore but met very stiff resistance. By nightfall, the British had sustained 2 casualties and 10 injuries and Commander Forbes ordered a retreat.[7]

Battle of December 26, 1851 Edit
The battle of December 26, 1851 was termed by Lagosians Ogun Ahoyaya/Ogun Agidingbi (translated, "The Boiling Battle"wink. Captain Jones led the attack party consisting HMS Bloodhound, HMS Teaser, a flotilla of boats including The Victoria and The Harlequien equipped with overwhelming fighting power engaged Kosoko in a battle lasting 3 days. Kosoko put up a very stiff resistance however the British Navy's superior firepower won the day. Kosoko and his leading chiefs fled Lagos for Epe on December 28, 1851. According to Samuel Davies, a Saro and younger brother of JPL Davies who participated on the British side aboard HMS Bloodhound, Kosoko would have inflicted great losses on the British Navy had he not relied solely on static defenses but had deployed his war canoes with their swivel guns.[7] The British sustained 15 casualties and 75 wounded men. A young JPL Davies was among the wounded.[8]

Akitoye was taken ashore on December 29 to assess the bombarded town and accepted the loyalty of the chiefs to his installation as Oba of Lagos. On December 30, the British Navy dismantled all Kosoko's batteries and dumped 46 of his war guns at sea[/b].[7]

https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reduction_of_Lagos&ved=2ahUKEwiwnOKztJ_eAhVG3aQKHaHnDd8QFjABegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw3oTeLRDi0gUe_Mz4BnC7Ng&cshid=1540395914340

About Ibadan and others, they were engaged in 16 years civil war when the British came hence British allowed them to kill themselves.
Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by forgiveness: 5:16pm On Oct 24, 2018
prolog2:
First of all wikipedia is not a source and is not reliable in any manner.
Second of all, the Lagos which fought the british was under the authority of the Oba of Benin.
You people's myth about the awori has been going on for too long.
As every precolonial map indicates, Lagos was part of Benin Kingdom.
The only tribe which now calls itself yoruba and which fought the brits is called jebu.

Did you give me source to prove Kanuri, Fulani, Benin etc resisted the British? Show me any reliable source to that effect.

Who told you Kosoko was under the authority of Benin as at that time?

Do you have a source to back up your claim?

Adubi war the Egbas fought was about what?

Edit
On 11 June, a party of soldiers, recently returned from East Africa, were brought in to help police the area and keep the peace. On 13 June, Egba rebels pulled up railway lines at Agbesi and derailed a train. Other rebels demolished the station at Wasimi and murdered the British agent; the Oba Osile, the African leader of the north-eastern Egba district.[2] Hostilities between the 30,000 rebels and colonial troops continued for about three weeks at Otite, Tappona, Mokoloki and Lalako but by the 10th July, the rebellion had been put down and the leaders killed or arrested.[2]

Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by efighter: 5:44pm On Oct 24, 2018
360degreess:
.and so what?..do u know according 2 the constitution a governor is more powerful than a king? not 2 talk of a whole respectful and a "JUST" leader like Buhari..pmb trully deserve that respect..waiting 4 the comments of ipob pigs e-warriors(Atikulooters).

Kings report to their respective Local Government Chairmen even the Oba of Benin, Ooni of Ife, Obi of Onitsha and Sultan of Sokoto.
Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by orisa37: 5:45pm On Oct 24, 2018
Respect begats Respect.. In this regard, Buhari is the President and King of all Traditional Rulers and Governments of the Federation.
This statement is valid if Buhari is aware.
Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 24, 2018
efighter:

Kings report to their respective Local Government Chairmen even the Oba of Benin, Ooni of Ife, Obi of Onitsha and Sultan of Sokoto.
The Oba of Benin reports to nobody, neither does the sultan of sokoto. Stop confusing your case for generality. You guys don't know the meaning of kingship.
Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 24, 2018
orisa37:
Respect begats Respect.. In this regard, Buhari is the President and King of all Traditional Rulers and Governments of the Federation.
This statement is valid if Buhari is aware.
you guys have gone crazy once again. Buhari is not a king. Why even engage with a deluded fellow like you?
Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by Codak44(f): 6:15pm On Oct 24, 2018
Obi of Onitsha standing tall wen he met Queen Elizabeth II...

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 24, 2018
So your solution now is to quote wikipedia without acknowledging it ? Wikipedia is still not a source kid.
forgiveness:

Did you give me source to prove Kanuri, Fulani, Benin etc resisted the British? Show me any reliable source to that effect.

Who told you Kosoko was under the authority of Benin as at that time?

Do you have a source to back up your claim?

Adubi war the Egbas fought was about what?

Edit
On 11 June, a party of soldiers, recently returned from East Africa, were brought in to help police the area and keep the peace. On 13 June, Egba rebels pulled up railway lines at Agbesi and derailed a train. Other rebels demolished the station at Wasimi and murdered the British agent; the Oba Osile, the African leader of the north-eastern Egba district.[2] Hostilities between the 30,000 rebels and colonial troops continued for about three weeks at Otite, Tappona, Mokoloki and Lalako but by the 10th July, the rebellion had been put down and the leaders killed or arrested.[2]
Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 24, 2018
Some comments really show how dumb nigerians are. Did a guy just use the nigerian constitution to rank kings of precolinial kingdoms with governors of the postcolonial nigeria ? Dumbness !!!!
Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by forgiveness: 7:29pm On Oct 24, 2018
prolog2:
So your solution now is to quote wikipedia without acknowledging it ? Wikipedia is still not a source kid.

Give me your source suppose old man. Abi you bi source?
Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 24, 2018
Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by orisa37: 5:32am On Oct 25, 2018
prolog2:
you guys have gone crazy once again. Buhari is not a king. Why even engage with a deluded fellow like you?

Easy bro. Deluded ke? What about El Rufai who now is the Governor and King of all Emirates, Kingdoms, Fifdoms, Kajes, Kois, Koros, Gbagis, Gwaris, Katafs etc in Kaduna State?
Is he deluded or totally mad? You Chinese Human Pepper Soup Ibo importer and eater.
Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by Nobody: 5:34am On Oct 25, 2018
Edoloaded:

Bro u dey compare buhari with queen Elizabeth..

are u sure everything is alright
Hypocrites

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alleged N12.2bn Fraud: Patience Jonathan To Know Her Fate May 9 / Supreme Court Officials Charged With N2.2bn Fraud- Daily Trust / I Will Pay 30,000 As Minimum Wage – Zamfara PDP Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.