Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,309 members, 7,836,350 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

OGUN APC Crisis: Amosun Bitter With Oshiomole, accuses Lagos Cabal Of Fraud - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OGUN APC Crisis: Amosun Bitter With Oshiomole, accuses Lagos Cabal Of Fraud (2051 Views)

Asari Dokubo Accuses Military, Cabal Of Oil Theft In Nigeria / 2023: President Buhari In Strategic Close Door Meetings With Oshiomole / Oba Of Benin Reprimands Obaseki For Refusing Overtures For Peace With Oshiomole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OGUN APC Crisis: Amosun Bitter With Oshiomole, accuses Lagos Cabal Of Fraud by dyydxx: 4:30pm On Oct 22, 2018
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/291803-apc-crisis-governor-amosun-talks-tough-accuses-oshiomhole-lagos-cabal-of-fraud.html?fbclid=IwAR39lDCNzB-aWMvqu0CU-y-yaLO5bo2u2yizIiBazxHP5vClWDDj1uDokYc

The Ogun State Governor, Ibikunle Amosun, on Monday continued his protest against the outcome of the All progressives Congress (APC) primaries in his state as he accused the National Chairman of the party, Adams Oshiomhole, of colluding with “a cabal in Lagos” to write fake results which produced Dapo Abiodun as the party’s governorship candidate for the 2019 election.

Mr Amosun made the allegation in an interview with journalists shortly after swearing-in the new Chief Judge of the state, Mosunmola Dipeolu, at the governor’s office in Abeokuta, the state capital.

He alleged the involvement of former governors Bola Tinubu (Lagos) and Segun Osoba (Ogun) in the alleged fraud, citing their silence on the matter as evidence of their consent to it.

“The President already knows there was no election in Ogun State. He knows that they just went to Lagos, write all results, and that what they did is fraud. If the National Working Committee or the National Chairman said there was any election in Ogun State, It was all fraud. That is what I said,” Mr Amosun stated.

The outgoing governor, who could not hide his bitterness, insisted that there were no genuine primaries by the National Working Committee (NWC) of the party, aside the one which produced Adekunle Akinlade as governorship candidate.

Mr Amosun had initially announced Mr Akinlade as consensus candidate before the NWC of the party insisted on conducting direct primaries. The NWC, after the controversial primaries declared Mr Abiodun governorship candidate of the party. The Ogun APC leadership, loyal to Mr Amosun, however conducted a rival primary that produced Mr Akinlade.

“Mr President already knows, there was no election in Ogun State, other than the one we held,” the governor said.

“The issue of Chief Osoba and Asiwaju and co, what we said was that there was a deafening silence from their end, and silence means consent. You can record me and publish out in your newspapers’

“We have not heard one word from any of them. Was there any election in Ogun State? Yes or No? They should come out and those that are hiding behind one finger, they cannot come out. People at this level should be courageous enough to take position, to come out , to come and tell us whether there was election.

“On governorship, the day they said they did it or not, the one that we had, there was live telecast, people even witnessed. They all came that they are changing again. They removed Leke Adewolu, Mikail Kazeem. All of those ones are nothing but fraud,” the governor said.
Re: OGUN APC Crisis: Amosun Bitter With Oshiomole, accuses Lagos Cabal Of Fraud by Kwamecron(m): 4:31pm On Oct 22, 2018
He should go to heeellllll

3 Likes

Re: OGUN APC Crisis: Amosun Bitter With Oshiomole, accuses Lagos Cabal Of Fraud by Kwamecron(m): 4:34pm On Oct 22, 2018
Greedy politician
If he kws he's serious he should drop he's senator ambition

2 Likes

Re: OGUN APC Crisis: Amosun Bitter With Oshiomole, accuses Lagos Cabal Of Fraud by Kenekingisback: 4:34pm On Oct 22, 2018
Great..

What can he do?

Introduce a physical border across Lagos especially towns such as Alagbole, Sango, Ojodu and even Agbara grin

1 Like

Re: OGUN APC Crisis: Amosun Bitter With Oshiomole, accuses Lagos Cabal Of Fraud by sarrki(m): 4:35pm On Oct 22, 2018
New friend of the enemies of the state
Re: OGUN APC Crisis: Amosun Bitter With Oshiomole, accuses Lagos Cabal Of Fraud by sarrki(m): 4:35pm On Oct 22, 2018
They are going to sing his praises to the high heavens
Re: OGUN APC Crisis: Amosun Bitter With Oshiomole, accuses Lagos Cabal Of Fraud by afroniger: 4:36pm On Oct 22, 2018
Why is Amosun dragging Tinubu into the matter just because he chose to keep quiet and mind his business? Why now when he's not having his way? He shot himself in the foot by refusing to accommodate Osoba's faction with his 'winners take all' attitude, forgetting that sometimes in politics you have to draw your enemies closer than your friends to have your way. He should stop blaming others for the problem he created with his own hands.

8 Likes

Re: OGUN APC Crisis: Amosun Bitter With Oshiomole, accuses Lagos Cabal Of Fraud by Racoon(m): 4:37pm On Oct 22, 2018
Fascist: Amosun, Amaechi, Yari and Rochas all got their asses toast.Karma is real.

7 Likes

Re: OGUN APC Crisis: Amosun Bitter With Oshiomole, accuses Lagos Cabal Of Fraud by raumdeuter: 4:49pm On Oct 22, 2018
If Tinubu talk they will complain, If Tinubu doesnt talk they will complain

Some people when they cannot handle their wife will blame Tinubu

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OGUN APC Crisis: Amosun Bitter With Oshiomole, accuses Lagos Cabal Of Fraud by SarkinYarki: 4:52pm On Oct 22, 2018
APC and result alteration na 5 and 6 ., APC has no business being a party in a democratic setting the are more suited to be a criminal organization

3 Likes

Re: OGUN APC Crisis: Amosun Bitter With Oshiomole, accuses Lagos Cabal Of Fraud by Maxymilliano(m): 4:59pm On Oct 22, 2018
Amosun should lick his wound in peace and settle for the few slots allocated to him, who were the NWC members and INEC representatives that conducted and supervised the primaries that produced Tripple A and other candidates on his consensus list ?

Yeye man, after riding roughshod over founding members of the party for years, he's now crying wolf.

3 Likes

Re: OGUN APC Crisis: Amosun Bitter With Oshiomole, accuses Lagos Cabal Of Fraud by dyydxx: 5:18pm On Oct 22, 2018
E pain am grin grin grin

I'm so liking this
Re: OGUN APC Crisis: Amosun Bitter With Oshiomole, accuses Lagos Cabal Of Fraud by lionness(f): 5:19pm On Oct 22, 2018
Share power. No
Appreciate those who got you there. No
Work with Oshoba. No
Work with Tinubu: I don't need Tinubu, I'm Buharis man
And now he's running from pillar to post, attacking Oshiomole, and the elders.
Osibanjo, Tinubu and Oshoba really knocked out this neophyte. This governor thinks gragra is power. Welcome to the Games of Throne Season 10.

4 Likes

Re: OGUN APC Crisis: Amosun Bitter With Oshiomole, accuses Lagos Cabal Of Fraud by seunmsg(m): 5:58pm On Oct 22, 2018

“The issue of Chief Osoba and Asiwaju and co, what we said was that there was a deafening silence from their end, and silence means consent. You can record me and publish out in your newspapers

Dapo Abiodun's emergence is really making Amosun run mad. Why should Tinubu and Osoba speak out on his behalf? What's their business with the candidate he intend to imposed? When Tinubu stood by him four years ago against Osoba, how did he pay him back?

Amosun forgot how he went everywhere attacking Yayi simply because of Tinubu. Yayi left the state for him and he still can't ensure the success of his puppet candidate. He should lick his wounds quietly and stop ranting like an ant.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: OGUN APC Crisis: Amosun Bitter With Oshiomole, accuses Lagos Cabal Of Fraud by xeneciy: 6:23pm On Oct 22, 2018
THIS POWERFUL TRAINING DELIVERS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW IN DIGITAL MARKETING IN 3 WEEKS

This program is designed to not only give you insight but also train you on the entire digital marketing ecosystem, and this program instills a 360-degree understanding of the field. You'll cover the full range of digital marketing specialties, and build a broad foundation that will make you an invaluable addition to any company seeking digital marketing expertise.

Digital Marketers are in high demand. So get onboard the practical training that helps you open up a world of opportunities in Digital Marketing

What you will learn and practice from this All-in-one Powerful Training!

- Actual Best Blogging Practices with SEO (including blogging mistakes and tips)
- SEO (Search Engine Best Practices)
- Practical Understand of Google Adwords and Google Adsense
- Practical Understand of Affiliate Marketing
- Practically learn how to manually GROW your Twitter and Instagram real followers
- Practical training on EMAIL MARKETING – tips and techniques
- GUERILLA MARKETING
- GRAPHICS DESIGN
- PLUS MUCH MORE

TRAINING COMMENCEMENT DATE: Tues, 13th of November, 2018. TIME: 10AM – 2PM DAILY

TRAINING COST: N24,999 (PAYMENT BEFORE TRAINING) – 20% Discounts for Early birds
N29,999 (PAYMENT ON TRAINING DAY)

VENUE: Unity Road, Off Toyin Street, off Awolowo Way, Ikeja, Lagos

REQUIREMENTS: Just your laptop and writing pad – UNLIMITED INTERNET WIFI AVAILABLE!

REFRESHMENT: Daily LUNCH every day of the training for FREE!

OUR COMMITTED AND FIRM GUARANTEE: At the end of this training, we guarantee that you would be able to implement aforementioned tactics to grow your business/upgrade your career.
We even offer the first training day for FREE to those doubting Thomases to come and taste the awesome practical DMM training we offer. But if after the one day free training you would like to commence the full training, you will be paying the full payment of N29,999(NO DISCOUNT!)

Re: OGUN APC Crisis: Amosun Bitter With Oshiomole, accuses Lagos Cabal Of Fraud by dyydxx: 7:01pm On Oct 22, 2018
From an insider

Not many Ogun State residents knew that Senator Adeola Solomon (Yayi) had 16 of the 26 legislators in the Ogun State House of Assembly as at November last year. But for the intervention of Hon. Abiodun Akinlade, who 'pulled' four of the 'rebel' legislators back to the side of Mr. Governor, the story today would have been different.

A naive Akinlade believed that support would enable Mr. Governor compensate him with the the gubernatorial ticket. Being a friend, son of man advised him to no avail. Biodun refused to listen. It was Ibikunle Amosun or nothing. Initially, my friend might have suspected Babalawo was a Yayi person.

However, despite the many waves Yayi created across Ogun State, I consistently turned down invitations to join his group. As I did with Prince Gboyega Nasir Isiaka and Otunba Jimi Lawal, a request for what in specific terms Yayi plans to do IF he becomes Governor went unanswered.

Besides, credible sources in Lagos, at the time, confirmed that Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu had no hand in the Yayi venture. In fact, the sources went further by saying, Yayi was Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola's project. That was it for me, despite Ogbeni being my Egbon and friend. I knew what went down in Ondo State, when Aketi got the ticket due to a similar situation. Votes among the three sides of Asiwaju were divided. And Aketi got the ticket.

But back to Ogun State, Amosun and his loyalists wrongly believed Yayi's ambition was an Asiwaju project. Till date, it appears this belief persists. It is possible an instruction for Yayi to return to the senate for a second term might have been interpreted to mean Tinubu stopped his project. Fa ... Fa ... Faaolu! The Jagaban, to the best of my little knowledge, was not involved at all.

Today, reports are quoting Amosun to be blaming the same Tinubu for Prince Dapo Abiodun's emergence as Ogun State APC gubernatorial candidate. Iyen ki die o! O fe dabi ese Rago!! Anyway, son of man no see any light for that corner. Egbon SIA n m'efo nibe yen ni o!!!

To me, it is the same with Chief Olusegun Osoba too. Some of us remain angry with Osoba till tomorrow that he was not actually interested in sending Amosun away in 2015. If Osoba had wanted to, it was very easy. An Ake indigene as SDP candidate would surely have divided Egba votes as Amosun, an Owu, belong to the fourth section in rank in Abeokuta hierarchy.

The old man also had another opportunity after the first election. He bluntly refused to align with PDP telling a number of SDP House of Assembly candidates, who had indicated interest to step down in no uncertain terms, "I am not part of any Amosun must go group." It was another lesson in political management for son of man, as I ruminated on why we had to leave the APC at the time.

I am sure Amosun would have mentioned the name of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo too if not for the manner in which Mr. President delivered his message yesterday. Osinbajo's name has been mentioned more than a zillion times by loyalists of Mr. Governor as the brain behind the move to cage Amosun. All na wash. Nothing join. It remains a gubernatorial Ziggy.

Dapo got on board on his own, deploying the best of old PDP's tactics, which others before him had disdained despite quality advice. The Yayi crowd he was sensible enough to get to his side was a definite icing on the cake for him. And, the oil magnate had more than a financial war chest to prosecute his ambition.

Amosun may not have told his loyalists the full story involving him and Dapo. Son of man will just share a bit, as I am sure others will give a full account some day. From information available to me, Amosun bluntly refused to suggest Dapo's name for ministerial appointment in 2015, despite the man's contribution to the success of APC at the polls in Ogun State.

Shortly before Dapo became a gubernatorial aspirant, he had agreed with Amosun's suggestion that the Iperu- Remo born businessman should go for the senate ticket of Ogun East. Dapo began his efforts in earnest, only to discover Amosun was playing games with him, as usual. Mr. Governor instructed party officials in Ogun East not to relate with him. Those who do risked sanctions from Abeokuta.

Dapo went and confronted Amosun on the perfidy, and thereafter pointedly told the Governor that instead of Senate, he will run for the gubernatorial seat. He dared Mr. Governor to stop him. The rest, as they say, is now history.

As pointed out in an earlier piece, Amosun still needs to sit back and reflect. He has missed it in several places. Now, he is fighting on many fronts. A quality General does not behave like that. Count your losses. Retreat in an orderly fashion. Plan for another day. It is the basic advice one can give this Ipata man!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OGUN APC Crisis: Amosun Bitter With Oshiomole, accuses Lagos Cabal Of Fraud by BabaRamota1980: 7:04pm On Oct 22, 2018
Amosun should shattap there!

He has failed to play politics at state level and should bear his own cross, not pass blames.

Ive never seen a Governor, beside Peter Obi who holds the record, visit Abuja so frequently and for almost everything.

Anytime he is in news he is with Buhari. Kilode!

2 Likes

Re: OGUN APC Crisis: Amosun Bitter With Oshiomole, accuses Lagos Cabal Of Fraud by forgiveness: 7:11pm On Oct 22, 2018
Cry cry baby. E pain am. Hahahaha! grin

Imagine bitting the fingers that fed him. shocked Dapo singlehandedly sponsored his election while Tinubu gave him a platform to contest and win election yet the ingrate is wailing. Smh.
Re: OGUN APC Crisis: Amosun Bitter With Oshiomole, accuses Lagos Cabal Of Fraud by BabaRamota1980: 7:14pm On Oct 22, 2018
dyydxx:
From an insider

Not many Ogun State residents knew that Senator Adeola Solomon (Yayi) had 16 of the 26 legislators in the Ogun State House of Assembly as at November last year. But for the intervention of Hon. Abiodun Akinlade, who 'pulled' four of the 'rebel' legislators back to the side of Mr. Governor, the story today would have been different.

A naive Akinlade believed that support would enable Mr. Governor compensate him with the the gubernatorial ticket. Being a friend, son of man advised him to no avail. Biodun refused to listen. It was Ibikunle Amosun or nothing. Initially, my friend might have suspected Babalawo was a Yayi person.

However, despite the many waves Yayi created across Ogun State, I consistently turned down invitations to join his group. As I did with Prince Gboyega Nasir Isiaka and Otunba Jimi Lawal, a request for what in specific terms Yayi plans to do IF he becomes Governor went unanswered.

Besides, credible sources in Lagos, at the time, confirmed that Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu had no hand in the Yayi venture. In fact, the sources went further by saying, Yayi was Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola's project. That was it for me, despite Ogbeni being my Egbon and friend. I knew what went down in Ondo State, when Aketi got the ticket due to a similar situation. Votes among the three sides of Asiwaju were divided. And Aketi got the ticket.

But back to Ogun State, Amosun and his loyalists wrongly believed Yayi's ambition was an Asiwaju project. Till date, it appears this belief persists. It is possible an instruction for Yayi to return to the senate for a second term might have been interpreted to mean Tinubu stopped his project. Fa ... Fa ... Faaolu! The Jagaban, to the best of my little knowledge, was not involved at all.

Today, reports are quoting Amosun to be blaming the same Tinubu for Prince Dapo Abiodun's emergence as Ogun State APC gubernatorial candidate. Iyen ki die o! O fe dabi ese Rago!! Anyway, son of man no see any light for that corner. Egbon SIA n m'efo nibe yen ni o!!!

To me, it is the same with Chief Olusegun Osoba too. Some of us remain angry with Osoba till tomorrow that he was not actually interested in sending Amosun away in 2015. If Osoba had wanted to, it was very easy. An Ake indigene as SDP candidate would surely have divided Egba votes as Amosun, an Owu, belong to the fourth section in rank in Abeokuta hierarchy.

The old man also had another opportunity after the first election. He bluntly refused to align with PDP telling a number of SDP House of Assembly candidates, who had indicated interest to step down in no uncertain terms, "I am not part of any Amosun must go group." It was another lesson in political management for son of man, as I ruminated on why we had to leave the APC at the time.

I am sure Amosun would have mentioned the name of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo too if not for the manner in which Mr. President delivered his message yesterday. Osinbajo's name has been mentioned more than a zillion times by loyalists of Mr. Governor as the brain behind the move to cage Amosun. All na wash. Nothing join. It remains a gubernatorial Ziggy.

Dapo got on board on his own, deploying the best of old PDP's tactics, which others before him had disdained despite quality advice. The Yayi crowd he was sensible enough to get to his side was a definite icing on the cake for him. And, the oil magnate had more than a financial war chest to prosecute his ambition.

Amosun may not have told his loyalists the full story involving him and Dapo. Son of man will just share a bit, as I am sure others will give a full account some day. From information available to me, Amosun bluntly refused to suggest Dapo's name for ministerial appointment in 2015, despite the man's contribution to the success of APC at the polls in Ogun State.

Shortly before Dapo became a gubernatorial aspirant, he had agreed with Amosun's suggestion that the Iperu- Remo born businessman should go for the senate ticket of Ogun East. Dapo began his efforts in earnest, only to discover Amosun was playing games with him, as usual. Mr. Governor instructed party officials in Ogun East not to relate with him. Those who do risked sanctions from Abeokuta.

Dapo went and confronted Amosun on the perfidy, and thereafter pointedly told the Governor that instead of Senate, he will run for the gubernatorial seat. He dared Mr. Governor to stop him. The rest, as they say, is now history.

As pointed out in an earlier piece, Amosun still needs to sit back and reflect. He has missed it in several places. Now, he is fighting on many fronts. A quality General does not behave like that. Count your losses. Retreat in an orderly fashion. Plan for another day. It is the basic advice one can give this Ipata man!

Well articulated.

I was rooting for Amosun to be the successor to Jagaban and be the regional patron for our political advancement...but he needs to shape up quick and recover himself. He is not living up to expectations at all.

Anyone that will succeed Jagaban at regional level has to be a consensus builder and one with maturity to yield ground sometimes.

I think Jagaban needs to intervene. They should call a regional meeting and help Amosun out, not leave him to embarass his legacy infront of Buhari like that.

Dragging traditional rulers to Abuja ...c'mon maaaannn!
Re: OGUN APC Crisis: Amosun Bitter With Oshiomole, accuses Lagos Cabal Of Fraud by WisdomFlakes: 5:29am On Oct 23, 2018
We have not heard the last of this matter, guys. Buhari is putting Oshiomhole under severe pressure to change the result to favour Amosun's candidate. Forget every other thing you have heard. I strongly believe Akinlade will end up as the APC candidate to fly the party flag because Amosun is deploying every means (including blackmail) to see to that.

Oshiomhole's plan was to try to make sure that the governors don't end up shutting out other stakeholders of the party in their states by gobbling up and imposing all the candidates at the state level, but Buhari feels he needs these governors (whom are already sytlishly threatening to dump him in the upcoming election) so Oshiomhole will have no choice than to do the wishes of the governors in the end. That is how it will play out in the end, you watch.

1 Like

Re: OGUN APC Crisis: Amosun Bitter With Oshiomole, accuses Lagos Cabal Of Fraud by raumdeuter: 5:48am On Oct 23, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Well articulated.

I was rooting for Amosun to be the successor to Jagaban and be the regional patron for our political advancement...but he needs to shape up quick and recover himself. He is not living up to expectations at all.

Anyone that will succeed Jagaban at regional level has to be a consensus builder and one with maturity to yield ground sometimes.

I think Jagaban needs to intervene. They should call a regional meeting and help Amosun out, not leave him to embarass his legacy infront of Buhari like that.

Dragging traditional rulers to Abuja ...c'mon maaaannn!

And when Jagaban calls them, they will now turn it on his head that he wants to be dictating for them

4 Likes

Re: OGUN APC Crisis: Amosun Bitter With Oshiomole, accuses Lagos Cabal Of Fraud by Nobody: 6:22am On Oct 23, 2018
Wetin Amosun come gain Now?
Re: OGUN APC Crisis: Amosun Bitter With Oshiomole, accuses Lagos Cabal Of Fraud by seunmsg(m): 7:28am On Oct 23, 2018
WisdomFlakes:
We have not heard the last of this matter, guys. Buhari is putting Oshiomhole under severe pressure to change the result to favour Amosun's candidate. Forget every other thing you have heard. I strongly believe Akinlade will end up as the APC candidate to fly the party flag because Amosun is deploying every means (including blackmail) to see to that.

Oshiomhole's plan was to try to make sure that the governors don't end up shutting out other stakeholders of the party in their states by gobbling up and imposing all the candidates at the state level, but Buhari feels he needs these governors (whom are already sytlishly threatening to dump him in the upcoming election) so Oshiomhole will have no choice than to do the wishes of the governors in the end. That is how it will play out in the end, you watch.

The above is very wrong. APC NWC can no longer on its own substitute the party candidate once their names have been submitted to INEC. Substitution can only be allowed in case of death or voluntary withdrawal of the candidate. I don't see Dapo Abiodun withdrawing voluntarily.
Re: OGUN APC Crisis: Amosun Bitter With Oshiomole, accuses Lagos Cabal Of Fraud by WisdomFlakes: 7:39am On Oct 23, 2018
seunmsg:

The above is very wrong. APC NWC can no longer on its own substitute the party candidate once their names have been submitted to INEC. Substitution can only be allowed in case of death or voluntary withdrawal of the candidate. I don't see Dapo Abiodun withdrawing voluntarily.

I think Nov. 2 is the final deadline for substitution. Go and mark my words. Akinlade will emerge the final candidate by hook or crook.

(1) (Reply)

Busted Again: Ogundamisi Caught Lying / Photos from PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Bauchi - Photos / INEC Halts Collation Of Rivers Election Results, To Continue On Wednesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.