Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Dad's Renting Late Uncle's House - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dad's Renting Late Uncle's House (779 Views)

How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! / 7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late / His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dad's Renting Late Uncle's House by Eclairs: 11:15pm On Jul 16, 2010
Perhaps I am getting things wrong. I need a word of advice.

My late Uncle's son decided to put His fathers' house up for sale even before the end of the funeral. The house as I understand is been willed to him and he has no intention of staying there. The funeral is only just ended and my dad has just rented my uncle's place. He has no house of his in Nigeria but has three hotels which are on lease. He spends time in these hotels when ever he visits and plans to buy/build his over the next 5yrs.

He says he's tired of his "normadic life". My uncle was like a father to him (all of us) and I seem to think he's not done right by renting the place, and he says if the person who now owns the place (Uncle's son) decides to offer the place up for rent/sale. he's got every right to buy/rent it, My uncle's got other sons and relatives some of which are very closed to me. I just feel this isnt right (my dad having to reside in my uncle's 10 bed room house). I feel the need to separate myself from Him, You think its the best thing to do? By separate, I mean just watch from afar coz I honestly fear the worst but he seem to think there's nothing to worry about. I wish I agree with him!!!!
Re: Dad's Renting Late Uncle's House by no1madman(m): 12:34am On Jul 17, 2010
s
Re: Dad's Renting Late Uncle's House by bigfather(m): 7:51am On Jul 17, 2010
I don't think it's right. Cus your dad might lose his respect.

Why not advice him ?
Re: Dad's Renting Late Uncle's House by iice(f): 11:10am On Jul 17, 2010
I don't see what's wrong undecided
Who better to stay in the house than a relative. . .atleast the said relative will take care of the house well
Re: Dad's Renting Late Uncle's House by Eclairs: 1:39pm On Jul 18, 2010
iice:

I don't see what's wrong undecided
Who better to stay in the house than a relative. . .atleast the said relative will take care of the house well

Thats my dad's point.

big father:

I don't think it's right. Cus your dad might lose his respect.

Why not advice him ?

and this is my point. i've tried talkin to him but it feels like I am wasting my time, thanks for your word of advice
Re: Dad's Renting Late Uncle's House by okgerald(m): 9:20pm On Jul 18, 2010
Your popsi might be looking for a cheap apartment being his brothers house, he will surely get it cheap and might not pay the next rental fee till he completes his own house.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Buy Gift For Someone In Nigeria Online / Tackiest, Nastiest External Christmas Decorations / Lights. Share Your Pictures! / Prosperity Breeds Promiscuity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.