Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. (40476 Views)

Pastor Carlton Apologizes After Calling Church Members ‘poor’ And ‘broke’ / Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says / Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. by Mankosi: 10:06am On Oct 28, 2018
Nice
Re: Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 28, 2018
It beats me hollow why a vast number of supposedly lettered Nigerians believe that monies given to beggars could be used to harm the givers through metaphysical means.

Very superstitious bunch.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. by mightyhazell: 10:07am On Oct 28, 2018
yep
Re: Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. by Chineke1stSon: 10:07am On Oct 28, 2018
dejavuh0007:
if God so much love the world and us as he claims to do, y did he create d needy? y r some rich and some are poor? will i be right to say some r made poor and in need by God so that the scriptures can b fulfilled?
The air you breath, the waters and trees, the fruits and vegetables that spring forth from the ground were all made free of charge...it was man's greed that put a price to them all..not God.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. by stagger: 10:08am On Oct 28, 2018
Giving is a 5-fold ministry.

If you give to the poor and neglect your parents, you will receive no blessing.
Likewise, if you only believe in giving to the poor and you side with a government whose policies are impoverishing people and adding to the number of poor people daily, you will not be blessed.

Let's not deceive ourselves here.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. by LordIsaac(m): 10:09am On Oct 28, 2018
I esteem this verse far above the Malachi they always emphasize. Bless you OP.

1 Like

Re: Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. by Benekruku(m): 10:15am On Oct 28, 2018
stagger:
Giving is a 5-fold ministry.

If you give to the poor and neglect your parents, you will receive no blessing.
Likewise, if you only believe in giving to the poor and you side with a government whose policies are impoverishing people and adding to the number of poor people daily, you will not be blessed.

Let's not deceive ourselves here.

Well said

You paying tithes and underpaying your workers, You just wasting money

Better use you tithe to go drink beer cos you wasting money

1 Like

Re: Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. by emerged01(m): 10:15am On Oct 28, 2018
Benekruku:
Their Pastors are the poverty stricken personality's in their life's

Nigeria would have been a better place if we were lifting the nearest to us who needs help

People be taking tithes to Ibafo and Sango Otta all the way from Lekki and would probably have a gateman doing far below average

Don't point finger anybody. Op has opened a great thread preaching love without pointing finger to anybody. Behave like op,be concern about yourself. Go out there and help the needy be less concern about some people.
This is not a tithe thread. Pls let us be focus on giving to the needy.

4 Likes

Re: Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. by udemzyudex(m): 10:17am On Oct 28, 2018
hisexcellency34:
I support giving tithes to the poor rather than taking it to church

Paying tithes and giving to the poor are two different things.

If you want to help the poor do so and if you believe in paying tithe, do so too.
Re: Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. by Rosay15(f): 10:21am On Oct 28, 2018
I believe in giving cus its a channel of blessing. Is nt until wen u ve a million bt from d little u ve, try and give out nt necessary u give to ur pastor bt ur parent and d needy people around u and wen u give let it be between u and God, nt d one u will do and start putting it on social media doing such means u ve already take d blessing. God bless d giver.
Re: Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. by emerged01(m): 10:23am On Oct 28, 2018
Zionista:
It beats me hollow why a vast number of supposedly lettered Nigerians believe that monies given to beggars could be used to harm the givers through metaphysical means.

Well,the world is the full of evil. But I just want to let you know that giving money to the beggars doesn't mean you are giving to the needy. Not all beggars are needy. Recognize a needy and give to him or her. It may not be money but food,clothes or providing a job to a jobless.

5 Likes

Re: Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. by SmilingMary(m): 10:28am On Oct 28, 2018
The sad truth is our churches these days don't preach deep on this topic. All they do is align your prosperity to how much you give to the church. Sad

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. by SmilingMary(m): 10:28am On Oct 28, 2018
emerged01:

Well,the world is the full of evil. But I just want to let you know that giving money to the beggars doesn't mean you are giving to the needy. Not all beggars are needy. Recognize a needy and give to him or her. It may not be money but food,clothes or providing a job to a jobless.

God bless you, well said
Re: Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. by alamoht(m): 10:30am On Oct 28, 2018
Like seriously this came at the right time.

1 Like

Re: Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. by tunary(m): 10:30am On Oct 28, 2018
Zionista:

Very very true except you don't believe in the existence of spiritual powers. diabolical (spiritual) powers can be use to manipulate things. yahoo plus is a perfect example

Giving ur money to certain evil people can spell doom for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. by MartinsD12(m): 10:31am On Oct 28, 2018
jesusjnr:
Jesus said: "Then shall the King
say unto them on his
right hand, Come, ye
blessed of my
Father, inherit the
kingdom prepared for you from the
foundation of the
world: For I was an
hungred, and ye
gave me meat: I was
thirsty, and ye gave
me drink: I was a
stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye
clothed me: I was
sick, and ye visited
me: I was in prison,
and ye came unto
me. Then shall the
righteous answer
him, saying, Lord,
when saw we thee
an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a
stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we
thee sick, or in
prison, and came
unto thee? And the King shall
answer and say unto
them, Verily I say
unto you, Inasmuch
as ye have done it unto one of the least
of these my
brethren, ye have
done it unto me."
Mt 25:34-40.(KJV)
Nothing make me cry like seeing people suffer, I do the best I can to at least put smiles on one's face but there are millions of people that needs your care start from your streets to everywhere you go offer help as this is the only Saving grace

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. by dejavuh0007(m): 10:32am On Oct 28, 2018
Chineke1stSon:

The air you breath, the waters and trees, the fruits and vegetables that spring forth from the ground were all made free of charge...it was man's greed that put a price to them all..not God.
so u expect the farmer that cultivated all these to give it to u free of charge? remember it's dis same God that said he that will not work, let him not eat.
Re: Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. by ollah2: 10:32am On Oct 28, 2018
Smart365Life:

Let me break it down for you.

When Computers were created, the idea was to solve complex mathematical calculations and to simplify human tasks. Today, we know that hackers can do terrible things with a PC from a remote location.

When God created man, the idea was for man to have Dominion over creation (Gen 1:26-28) and be like God (Psa 82:6). But we know how man lost that.

Being rich or being poor didn't come from God. The original plan was for man to be like God here on Earth as God is in Heaven. God wanted an "offspring" He could communicate with that has flesh and blood.

Very lame!!

Ain t God supposed to be omnipresence, omniscience, omnipotence ?
Re: Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. by jaxxy(m): 10:33am On Oct 28, 2018
Angy55:
When ye give! Give in the secret and your father in heaven will reward you openly. Not all these social media flaunt to get applauds from people.

Jesus feed 5 thousand people openly. It all depends on the motive behind the act. Sm people show theirs on social media to encourage others to equally give others do it to create a false image and pride.

Then also giving to the needy in Nigeria can be a challenge cos many of them a pretenders and even diabolic

3 Likes

Re: Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 28, 2018
emerged01:

"Ask and it shall be given"

It is presumed that one would seek help when overwhelmed with any situation.

I give if I have. Like you pointed out, it could be in any form.
Re: Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. by ollah2: 10:35am On Oct 28, 2018
udemzyudex:

Paying tithes and giving to the poor are two different things.

If you want to help the poor do so and if you believe in paying tithe, do so too.

Paying tithe is absolute bullshit. Those that need help are the poor, less previledges etc. We should all endeavour to help them in the best way possible

The best kind of giving is one which receiving from the receiver isn't possible.

1 Like

Re: Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. by dejavuh0007(m): 10:37am On Oct 28, 2018
Smart365Life:

Let me break it down for you.

When Computers were created, the idea was to solve complex mathematical calculations and to simplify human tasks. Today, we know that hackers can do terrible things with a PC from a remote location.

When God created man, the idea was for man to have Dominion over creation (Gen 1:26-28) and be like God (Psa 82:6). But we know how man lost that.

Being rich or being poor didn't come from God. The original plan was for man to be like God here on Earth as God is in Heaven. God wanted an "offspring" He could communicate with that has flesh and blood.
I don't get it. God created man to serve him, and yet he still allowed man to go against him? and that give me that crap that God was allowing man to exercise freewill.

1 Like

Re: Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. by Lumig: 10:37am On Oct 28, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Also of importance is the need to give to the truly needy especially those who aren't in a position to help or do anything for themselves that moment.

Some give to their buddies to impress and get social acceptance but think such giving glorifies God. It doesn't. Giving to be seen is bad as explained by Mathew 6:2-4.
God bless you sir, the commonest kind of giving we do these days is the GIVING FOR SOCIAL ACCEPTANCE which is not acceptable to God as it is pointed out by Matthew 6:2-4
Re: Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. by Chineke1stSon: 10:40am On Oct 28, 2018
dejavuh0007:

so u expect the farmer that cultivated all these to give it to u free of charge? remember it's dis same God that said he that will not work, let him not eat.
Not when the capitalist are buying up all the lands for real estate and mowing down the trees for furniture...not when the animals for food are being slaughtered into extinction and turned into bags and shoes for the rich...how come the birds in the air and the animals in the bush don't farm or go to school and yet they feed well and look healthy? The world was made to sustain life but man is doing a very good job at degrading it..
Re: Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 28, 2018
tunary:
Very very true except you don't believe in the existence of spiritual powers. diabolical (spiritual) powers can be use to manipulate things. yahoo plus is a perfect example

Giving ur money to certain evil people can spell doom for you

Please can you elaborate how the money given out can spell doom?

I think we Africans mystify a lot of things. Even when Satan is busy in Australia, we blame him for things that do not even interest him.

We attribute our failings, shortcomings and honest mistakes to some malevolent forces somewhere.

And the buck passing continues.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 28, 2018
dejavuh0007:
if God so much love the world and us as he claims to do, y did he create d needy? y r some rich and some are poor? will i be right to say some r made poor and in need by God so that the scriptures can b fulfilled?
poverty is a thing of the mind. Someone is raised as poor by some unfortunate circumstances, he knows only what poor is, strives to be only slightly better than his parents or have a room and parlor just like his parents. He doesn't aspire for much, he thinks it is impossible.
He learns a trade but never does the extra to be extra ordinary, he doesn't know God etc..and on the cycle of poverty goes on.all these are human factors, has nothing to do with God.
Ignorance is n excuse, please people, know God, understand His word, seek His face and do good. God bless you jesusjnr, God bless you

1 Like

Re: Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. by onenaija001(m): 10:41am On Oct 28, 2018
Zionista:

Hey it does happens.
Re: Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. by ikezuora4689(m): 10:42am On Oct 28, 2018
jesusjnr:
say unto them on his
right hand, Come, ye
blessed of my
Father, inherit the
foundation of the
hungred, and ye
thirsty, and ye gave
sick, and ye visited
and ye came unto
me. Then shall the
righteous answer
him, saying, Lord,
when saw we thee
thee sick, or in
prison, and came
answer and say unto
them, Verily I say
unto you, Inasmuch
of these my
brethren, ye have
done it unto me."
God please bless me.....I like putting smile on people's face
Re: Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. by Chineke1stSon: 10:42am On Oct 28, 2018
ollah2:

Very lame!!

This head slamming Islamic fanatic has found his way into Christian threads...again..why am I not surprised...the hypocrite will be the first to label others intolerant..

1 Like

Re: Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. by famiebee(f): 10:42am On Oct 28, 2018
jesusjnr:
say unto them on his
right hand, Come, ye
blessed of my
Father, inherit the
foundation of the
hungred, and ye
thirsty, and ye gave
sick, and ye visited
and ye came unto
me. Then shall the
righteous answer
him, saying, Lord,
when saw we thee
thee sick, or in
prison, and came
answer and say unto
them, Verily I say
unto you, Inasmuch
of these my
brethren, ye have
done it unto me."
May God make me a giver soon.....
It's gives me joy whenever I put smile on people's face
Re: Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. by Smart365Life(f): 10:45am On Oct 28, 2018
ollah2:

Very lame!!

And your point is...?
Clearly, from your question you lack understanding of the subject matter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Pastor, Oluwadayomisi Epenusi, Killed In US / Upload Your Christmas Selfie Here / Omega Power Ministries Weds 140 Couples Same Day (photos/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.