Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Shonekan’s Death: Daughter Debunk Reports - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shonekan’s Death: Daughter Debunk Reports (30249 Views)

Ernest Shonekan Buried In ₦30 Million Vault, ₦8 Million Casket / Ernest Shonekan Is Dead. Former Interim National Government Leader Dies / Buhari, Jonathan, Shonekan, Obasanjo, Abdulsalami Abubakar Meet In Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shonekan’s Death: Daughter Debunk Reports by faroukfahima(m): 8:35pm On Oct 23, 2018
Mrs. Basirat Umar-Shonekan, one of the daughters of former Head of Interim National Government (ING), Chief Ernest Shonekan has debunked the rumoured death of her father.

In a chat with OkayNG.com representative in faraway Canada, Umar-Shonekan declared that her father is still hale and hearty as at the time of speaking.

The Nigerian-born Canadian Naval Accountant further explained that she learnt about her father’s death through a Facebook report which compelled her to make phone calls across to Nigeria to authenticate the incident.

Basirat, who later made an internet call to one of her close family friend in Nigeria, Idir Abu, further explained that the entire Shonekan family was highly embarrassed by the internet news.

“To be frank with you, all of us too were very embarrassed by the Facebook report and I had to hurriedly call Nigeria. Although Baba is suffering from sickness usually associated with old age, but I can tell you that my dad is fine”, Basirat said.

Mrs. Umar-Shonekan further said that the Ernerst Shonekan’s first born was still with their father in the family’s Lagos house.

https://www.okayng.com/shonekans-death-daughter-debunk-reports-read/

Re: Shonekan’s Death: Daughter Debunk Reports by abc115: 8:49pm On Oct 23, 2018
Social Media and Fake News

5 Likes

Re: Shonekan’s Death: Daughter Debunk Reports by obembet(f): 8:59pm On Oct 23, 2018
Whatever, all this past leaders, I don't really care about them... Including the current president of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Shonekan’s Death: Daughter Debunk Reports by xbernardx(m): 8:59pm On Oct 23, 2018
Nigerian bloggers deserve some accolades

Them don get the traffic already, in fact this one way Dem say na lie means more traffic again

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shonekan’s Death: Daughter Debunk Reports by ishowdotgmail(m): 9:00pm On Oct 23, 2018
Who con dey lie now
Re: Shonekan’s Death: Daughter Debunk Reports by Bolusticus: 9:00pm On Oct 23, 2018
One way or the other, the government really need to put laws in place guiding against false and fake news.

4 Likes

Re: Shonekan’s Death: Daughter Debunk Reports by Bolusticus: 9:00pm On Oct 23, 2018
yes
Re: Shonekan’s Death: Daughter Debunk Reports by Racoon(m): 9:01pm On Oct 23, 2018
shocked It's death that bloggers are playing with like this

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Shonekan’s Death: Daughter Debunk Reports by landmark86: 9:01pm On Oct 23, 2018
Nigerians and fake news are like this

1 Like

Re: Shonekan’s Death: Daughter Debunk Reports by afamaustin(m): 9:01pm On Oct 23, 2018
He will leave long
Re: Shonekan’s Death: Daughter Debunk Reports by HAkorehdeh(m): 9:02pm On Oct 23, 2018
Who talk say him die before?

Re: Shonekan’s Death: Daughter Debunk Reports by Sholaco: 9:03pm On Oct 23, 2018
Which good his living do Nigeria citizens .....Useless people that sold their birth right for a pot of porridge.....betrayed abiola their brother at d expense of crippled ibb

2 Likes

Re: Shonekan’s Death: Daughter Debunk Reports by dykedarlyn(m): 9:03pm On Oct 23, 2018
Bloggers should endeavor to verify every news before putting it out on the internet
Re: Shonekan’s Death: Daughter Debunk Reports by Brownshugar69: 9:03pm On Oct 23, 2018
Every blog what’s to trend. But whoever uses someone death need to make money, death will visit them the same way thunder and lightning visited Kemi.
Re: Shonekan’s Death: Daughter Debunk Reports by apesinola001: 9:03pm On Oct 23, 2018
obembet:
Whatever, all this past leaders, I don't really care about them... Including the current president of Nigeria.

True talk
Re: Shonekan’s Death: Daughter Debunk Reports by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 23, 2018
I learnt of the news of Pa Shonekan's purported death via TVContinental.
Re: Shonekan’s Death: Daughter Debunk Reports by Schuffeadv23: 9:03pm On Oct 23, 2018
Na lie Mohammed talk am

1 Like

Re: Shonekan’s Death: Daughter Debunk Reports by eazisky(m): 9:04pm On Oct 23, 2018
RUMOUR MONGERS

this news is surely from lie mohammed
Re: Shonekan’s Death: Daughter Debunk Reports by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 23, 2018
Until you show your stupidity

Schuffeadv23:
Na lie Mohammed talk am
Re: Shonekan’s Death: Daughter Debunk Reports by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:05pm On Oct 23, 2018
Good to hear that.
Re: Shonekan’s Death: Daughter Debunk Reports by KrystosCJ(m): 9:05pm On Oct 23, 2018
Well the damage has been done.
Re: Shonekan’s Death: Daughter Debunk Reports by Maxymilliano(m): 9:05pm On Oct 23, 2018
No smoke without fire, Shonekan is close to his grave, just as Pa Moses Olaiya aka Baba Saala was once rumored to be dead few months ago, only to surrender finally not quite long.
Re: Shonekan’s Death: Daughter Debunk Reports by KrystosCJ(m): 9:05pm On Oct 23, 2018
NL and fake news are like 5 & 6.

What if Shonekan or his daughter decides to sue all those who own attention-seeking, visitor-monitoring, click-tripping blogs or websites for spreading false news about his death?

smiley
Re: Shonekan’s Death: Daughter Debunk Reports by ImperialYoruba: 9:06pm On Oct 23, 2018
I passed my condolence after i heard. Wherever the source of this fake news is may God deal with them for wishibg death on other people parents.

1 Like

Re: Shonekan’s Death: Daughter Debunk Reports by wink2015(m): 9:06pm On Oct 23, 2018
faroukfahima:
Mrs. Basirat Umar-Shonekan, one of the daughters of former Head of Interim National Government (ING), Chief Ernest Shonekan has debunked the rumoured death of her father.

In a chat with OkayNG.com representative in faraway Canada, Umar-Shonekan declared that her father is still hale and hearty as at the time of speaking.

The Nigerian-born Canadian Naval Accountant further explained that she learnt about her father’s death through a Facebook report which compelled her to make phone calls across to Nigeria to authenticate the incident.

Basirat, who later made an internet call to one of her close family friend in Nigeria, Idir Abu, further explained that the entire Shonekan family was highly embarrassed by the internet news.

“To be frank with you, all of us too were very embarrassed by the Facebook report and I had to hurriedly call Nigeria. Although Baba is suffering from sickness usually associated with old age, but I can tell you that my dad is fine”, Basirat said.

Mrs. Umar-Shonekan further said that the Ernerst Shonekan’s first born was still with their father in the family’s Lagos house.

https://www.okayng.com/shonekans-death-daughter-debunk-reports-read/

Noted
Re: Shonekan’s Death: Daughter Debunk Reports by kanayo76: 9:06pm On Oct 23, 2018
The person that gave the fake news must be a relative of Lai Mohamed, the chief priests of lies & grand petron of propaganda

1 Like

Re: Shonekan’s Death: Daughter Debunk Reports by exlink10(m): 9:06pm On Oct 23, 2018
rumors everywhere

una no dey tire?
Re: Shonekan’s Death: Daughter Debunk Reports by oshe111(m): 9:07pm On Oct 23, 2018
Na wa ooooo

Re: Shonekan’s Death: Daughter Debunk Reports by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 23, 2018
sad sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Presidential Candidate Atiku Abubakar In The US To Meet With Congressmen / NJC Advises Buhari To Retire Walter Onnoghen Compulsorily Over $1.7m Cash / Court Ruled In January That INEC Can Use Any Method For Results Transmission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.