Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Lagos State Government Restores Door-to-door Waste Evacuation By PSP Operators - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Government Restores Door-to-door Waste Evacuation By PSP Operators (19846 Views)

Diesel Price Hike: Enugu Increases Waste Evacuation Contracts' Budget / Nigerians Are Angry - Shehu Sani Reacts Over Door-to-door Campaign / Cross River Restores The Biggest Flag In Africa (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Government Restores Door-to-door Waste Evacuation By PSP Operators by Nobody: 6:57am On Oct 24, 2018
A Governor that has the highest number of untarred roads and potholes, is that one a Governor?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Restores Door-to-door Waste Evacuation By PSP Operators by adioolayi(m): 6:57am On Oct 24, 2018
Ambode fighting this political battle with caution.... he doesn't want anything to get him out of that office. Politics can humble anyone
Re: Lagos State Government Restores Door-to-door Waste Evacuation By PSP Operators by teflonjake(m): 7:00am On Oct 24, 2018
yeyerolling:
neither do u know what checks and balances mean.

I am an authority in the field of political science. Forget the crap called checks and balance, those are favorable and unfavorable terms in politics. We all know what executive power means.

If you understand the social science called politics, you won't argue much.
Re: Lagos State Government Restores Door-to-door Waste Evacuation By PSP Operators by kanayo76: 7:04am On Oct 24, 2018
Ejimagift:
Ambode the lilly livered strong head governor had to be bullied before restoring sanity. Visionscape is a failure
Do you mean Madam. Ambode, the greatest Coward of our time.
Re: Lagos State Government Restores Door-to-door Waste Evacuation By PSP Operators by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 24, 2018
teflonjake:

I am an authority in the field of political science. Forget the crap called checks and balance, those are favorable and unfavorable terms in politics. We all know what executive power means.

If you understand the social science called politics, you won't argue much.
before 2015 did u knw ambode Does he have followers Does he hv men in key places If devil gives u power he can do wat he wants

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Restores Door-to-door Waste Evacuation By PSP Operators by opribo(m): 7:04am On Oct 24, 2018
When he needed to act and be the man he didn't instead he allowed Tinubu to use him to shine.

He ought to have moved and see them all on their knees begging him to stay. Now see him running helter skelter to save his face from impeachment if he fails to do their bidding.
Re: Lagos State Government Restores Door-to-door Waste Evacuation By PSP Operators by laytoshtwo: 7:06am On Oct 24, 2018
teflonjake:
Only in Nigeria.

Ambode is damn too weak. That man has been boxed from different angles.

He's not in the know of his executive powers.

He is too weak, so you want him to be fighting so that he will be impeached and not be able to steal enough money for the few months h have left. Oga park well jare grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos State Government Restores Door-to-door Waste Evacuation By PSP Operators by Willie2015: 7:07am On Oct 24, 2018
teflonjake:
Only in Nigeria.

Ambode failed to choose his battle wisely.
Re: Lagos State Government Restores Door-to-door Waste Evacuation By PSP Operators by ijabiken1(m): 7:10am On Oct 24, 2018
dodoniyi:
The Lagos State Government has directed the Association of Waste Managers of Nigeria (AWAM), otherwise known as PSP operators, to resume door-to-door evacuation of waste.

Newsmen report that the government gave the directive during a meeting with the waste managers on Tuesday in Lagos.

The Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Mr Tunji Bello, said in a statement that the PSP operators should go back to their various areas of operation and restore the door-to-door evacuation of waste.

Bello said that the directive was in making good the government’s promise to achieve a cleaner and healthier environment.

He said that Lagos State Government had constituted a committee, headed by him, to thoroughly review the situation and design template for the restoration of the services of PSP operators.

”This move is to reassure you that we are set on a new beginning and it is to consolidate what we have achieved. Everybody must work together to restore the glory of Lagos,” the SSG said.

He said that government had appointed Mr Ola Oresanya, former General Manager of LAWMA, as a consultant to work with the state to fashion out a format for the restoration of door-to-door waste collection.

Bello urged the PSP operators to be ready for work and set aside any misgivings, adding that he was in constant touch with the leadership of AWAM who had assured him of their cooperation.

The Commissioner for Environment, Mr Babatunde Durosinmi-Etti, urged all stakeholders to recognise the urgent need to clear the backlog of waste in the metropolis, while a holistic solution was being worked out simultaneously.

”Being aware that PSP operators were in business to make profit and sustain employment, government therefore enjoins residents to pay for waste collection by the PSP operators,” Durosinmi-Etti said.

The Chairman of AWAM, Mr Oladipo Egbeyemi, expressed appreciation to the government for the development.

Egbeyemi urged for thorough situation review and provision of enabling environment for unhindered performance by members of the association.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/10/lagos-state-government-restores-door-to-door-waste-evacuation-by-psp-operators/
@ last ambode ended loosing is dignity as a governor of Lagos state after much pressure.for now I can see dere is no governor in Lagos state.
Re: Lagos State Government Restores Door-to-door Waste Evacuation By PSP Operators by hisgrace090: 7:14am On Oct 24, 2018
FedericGodwin:
cool tongue grin
This is one of the beauties of democracy. I love a situation where the party leaders and members have power on the elected members of their party. Imagine Tinubu and Co have agreed to the emotions of some set of people, how do you think PSP operators and their families would have coped because of bad policies of Ambode? He has been forced to receive sense.
If we have powers on our legislators and other elected politicians like this, the fear of God and the people that voted them would always be the beginning of their wisdom.
Until we as youths shun violence and start demanding for better representation and accountability from these politicians, we won't move far and they will loot the future before we get there.
Shop being sentimental.
Don't allow religion, ethnicity or emotion becloud your sense of reasoning and judgement

It seems this tinubu power which I daily condemn makes sense at last.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Restores Door-to-door Waste Evacuation By PSP Operators by Lifestone(m): 7:14am On Oct 24, 2018
teflonjake:
Only in Nigeria.

Sometimes I wonder what you guys wants from leadership. Ambode is responding to the needs of the people and you are here saying he is weak. To me that's a sign of strength

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Restores Door-to-door Waste Evacuation By PSP Operators by Jefferyhi86(m): 7:15am On Oct 24, 2018
grin
Re: Lagos State Government Restores Door-to-door Waste Evacuation By PSP Operators by efighter: 7:16am On Oct 24, 2018
Chrisnoni:
All dey want from the governor ve been done, dey should leave him alone now so he can defect to another party... am just saying sha

If he defect to another party, we shall impeach him within a week and we will not allow him go back home to meet his arrogant wife because EFCC will pick him up immediately. We control the State Assembly, Judiciary, Media, Police, EFCC, even Lagos Area Boys. Whatever we bind in Bourdillon Road is bound in Heaven. Power belongs to the people and not the political office holders.
Re: Lagos State Government Restores Door-to-door Waste Evacuation By PSP Operators by Topmaike007(m): 7:17am On Oct 24, 2018
see yawa,Ambo something wey u suppose no scrap then by now we go dey plan on how we go come vote massively for you
Re: Lagos State Government Restores Door-to-door Waste Evacuation By PSP Operators by AdonaiAluminium: 7:17am On Oct 24, 2018
Good developement, the mountains of dirts are getting out of hand.

Contact us for all Your roofing Jobs, water collector systems, insulated roofing sheets and panels, roof maintenance services etc
Re: Lagos State Government Restores Door-to-door Waste Evacuation By PSP Operators by teflonjake(m): 7:17am On Oct 24, 2018
laytoshtwo:

He is too weak, so you want him to be fighting so that he will be impeached and not be able to steal enough money for the few months h have left. Oga park well jare grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Oya driver drop me here na

grin grin
Re: Lagos State Government Restores Door-to-door Waste Evacuation By PSP Operators by Topmaike007(m): 7:18am On Oct 24, 2018
efighter:

If he defect to another party, we shall impeach him within a week and we will not allow him go back home to meet his arrogant wife because EFCC will pick him up immediately. We control the State Assembly, Judiciary, Media, Police, EFCC, even Lagos Area Boys. Whatever we bind in Bourdillon Road is bound in Heaven. Power belongs to the people and not the political office holders.
una be God?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Restores Door-to-door Waste Evacuation By PSP Operators by FedericGodwin: 7:18am On Oct 24, 2018
hisgrace090:

It seems this tinubu power which I daily condemn makes sense at last.

Until we start to understand some things through questioning with a view to achieving knowledge, we might be making mistakes all the time. In SA the party leaders ask the President to resign with 48 hours or face impeachment, he opted for the former but if it happens in Nigeria it would turn to either religion or ethnic war among the youth. The people should have the power over the elected sir.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Restores Door-to-door Waste Evacuation By PSP Operators by Topmaike007(m): 7:19am On Oct 24, 2018
Lifestone:

Sometimes I wonder what you guys wants from leadership. Ambode is responding to the needs of the people and you are here saying he is weak. To me that's a sign of strength
leave all those people alone some of them are small boys
Re: Lagos State Government Restores Door-to-door Waste Evacuation By PSP Operators by laurel03(m): 7:19am On Oct 24, 2018
opalu:
Ambode, if you or your relatives or in laws are reading this. I want you to know that there is enough time for you do make great impact in the aspect of housing. We have developed a mass housing strategy that will ensure at least 3 million houses for Lagosians or any state at all. This would be private-sector driven. This will etch the name of any state governor in the sands of history. 0 8 0 3 9 3 5 3 7 4 7
even he abandoned most of fashola housing estate project
Re: Lagos State Government Restores Door-to-door Waste Evacuation By PSP Operators by hisgrace090: 7:20am On Oct 24, 2018
FedericGodwin:

Until we start to understand some things through questioning with a view to achieving knowledge, we might be making mistakes all the time. In SA the party leaders ask the President to resign with 48 hours or face impeachment, he opted for the former but if it happens in Nigeria it would turn to either region or ethnic war among the youth. The people should have the power over the elected sir.

Thanks! I have learn greatly today.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Restores Door-to-door Waste Evacuation By PSP Operators by FedericGodwin: 7:22am On Oct 24, 2018
hisgrace090:

Thanks! I have learn greatly today.

Thank you sir for your love. God bless

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Restores Door-to-door Waste Evacuation By PSP Operators by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 24, 2018
teflonjake:
Only in Nigeria.

You want him to spend the next few months fighting a possible yet... avoidable impeachment? Not every battle is worth fighting bros!
Re: Lagos State Government Restores Door-to-door Waste Evacuation By PSP Operators by tiwiex(m): 7:26am On Oct 24, 2018
teflonjake:
Only in Nigeria.

Only in Nigeria Wetin. He took a working model and scattered it. For me, that model was fair to the residents and the citizens. You now change the model, increase the money being paid out to visionscape and the whole place is a mess. Don't also forget Lagosians are not direct benefotiaries of the business anymore but a company with one leg in Nigeria and one in the UK. I suggest you do some extra work on how Ambode handled Lagos affairs. He deserved to go and I don't even leave in Lagos. I am the least surprised he was kicked out. Even civil servants are very delighted.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Restores Door-to-door Waste Evacuation By PSP Operators by EniiT: 7:29am On Oct 24, 2018
teflonjake:
Only in Nigeria.

So what is your point exactly? Are you personally ok with the waste everywhere in Lagos? What's wrong with retracing your steps if you have made a policy mistake? I hope your hatred of all things APC won't choke you laslad
Re: Lagos State Government Restores Door-to-door Waste Evacuation By PSP Operators by spiritedtete: 7:30am On Oct 24, 2018
opalu:
Ambode, if you or your relatives or in laws are reading this. I want you to know that there is enough time for you do make great impact in the aspect of housing. We have developed a mass housing strategy that will ensure at least 3 million houses for Lagosians or any state at all. This would be private-sector driven. This will etch the name of any state governor in the sands of history. 0 8 0 3 9 3 5 3 7 4 7

This looks good.. I am interested... DM me.
Re: Lagos State Government Restores Door-to-door Waste Evacuation By PSP Operators by EniiT: 7:31am On Oct 24, 2018
teflonjake:
Only in Nigeria.

So what us your point exactly? Are you personally ok with the waste everywhere in Lagos? What's wrong with retracing your steps if you have made a policy mistake? I hope your hatred of all things APC won't choke you laslas
Re: Lagos State Government Restores Door-to-door Waste Evacuation By PSP Operators by Afamed: 7:34am On Oct 24, 2018
opribo:
When he needed to act and be the man he didn't instead he allowed Tinubu to use him to shine.

He ought to have moved and see them all on their knees begging him to stay. Now see him running helter skelter to save his face from impeachment if he fails to do their bidding.
The one you don't know. He would have been impeached had he made such attempt. Most of you don't know Ambode created enemies for himself. Ambode isn't in good terms with the party executive, he isn't in good term with state Assembly. So where will he run too?
Re: Lagos State Government Restores Door-to-door Waste Evacuation By PSP Operators by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:42am On Oct 24, 2018
yeyerolling:
neither do u know what checks and balances mean.

Thank you joor.

I was expecting that. Am not sure he knows anything on politics or government. Just spewing trash.
Re: Lagos State Government Restores Door-to-door Waste Evacuation By PSP Operators by purpledferanmi1: 7:48am On Oct 24, 2018
As if he got there on his own.
you think is by blabbing on nairaland.
Re: Lagos State Government Restores Door-to-door Waste Evacuation By PSP Operators by 7lives: 7:48am On Oct 24, 2018
Topmaike007:
see yawa,Ambo something wey u suppose no scrap then by now we go dey plan on how we go come vote massively for you

Na only you make sense for this thread jare.
Ambode have no business dismantling a working system, what EXACTLY does he stand to gain?.
In a desperate bid to out shine his predecessor and enrich himself, he LOST a wonderful opportunity to write his name in the sands of time.
Re: Lagos State Government Restores Door-to-door Waste Evacuation By PSP Operators by enemmo(f): 8:00am On Oct 24, 2018
Lifestone:

Its too late.

I'm sure traders would hate him by now.

Scattered markets in Lagos, displaced most of the traders all in the name of building millennium bus stops

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: The Mind Game Begins / Shell’s 20km Gas Pipeline Connects Industrial Zones In Aba / Modupe Ozolua Visits Communities Destroyed By Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.