Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,456 members, 7,850,591 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:11 AM

Senator Akpabio Empower Constituents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Akpabio Empower Constituents (546 Views)

Minority Leader, Senator Akpabio Visits President Buhari In London (Pictures) / Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader / Senator Akpabio To Be Formally Received Into APC On Thursday - APC UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Akpabio Empower Constituents by quickberry(m): 9:54am On Oct 24, 2018
Former Senate Minority leader, Godswill Akpabio has given out more than N100m grants to small and medium scale entrepreneurs in Akwa Ibom North West Senatorial district. The grants disburse through the Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria (SMEDAN) is part of the constituency empowerment programme of the Senator.

Senator Akpabio at the flag off of the  disbursement of the grants to his constituents in Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State,  said the unprecedented initiative was a way of making the weak in the society strong.

A total of 430 beneficiaries of the grants made of 40 from each of the 10 local government areas of the Senatorial district were issued checks for 250 thousand Naira each.

“Today is significant in several ways but most importantly, it is the continuation of our march towards making our people to be meaningfully engaged. I  have come here today as a demonstration of my philosophy that the true measure of democracy is how those who are given political mandates treat and relate with those who gave them the mandated.

“I believe that the electorates deserve performance not pronouncements.  I believe that they deserve help,  not condemnation. They deserve empowerment not negligence. It is not about building mansions but building people. It is not about pulling people down but lifting them up,” he said.

Governorship candidate of the APC in Akwa Ibom State, and the  Obong Nsima Ekere commended Senator Akpabio for the initiative and said words were not enough to describe the impact of the cash grants on the lives of the people.

The representative of the Small, Medium Entreprises Development Agency of Nigeria, SMEDAN, Boniface Okoroafor said the  gesture of Senator Akpabio was unprecedented, and commended him for his love for people.

Earlier Senator Akpabio had empowered over 2000 constituents with cars, buses, trycicles, tractors and other items while over 250  students benefited from scholarship awards.

Former local government chairman of Obot Akara and 12 former local government chapter chairmen of the PDP used the event to officially announce their defection to the All Progressives Congress.

Senator Akpabio thanked his party the APC for accepting him  and for their support in giving him the Senatorial ticket unopposed and that the initiative was his way of helping the weak.

Governorship candidate of the APC in Akwa Ibom state , Nsima Ekere said words were not enough to describe the noble gesture of his former boss and governor.

Earlier Senator Akpabio had empowered over 2000 constituents with cars, buses, trycicles, tractors and other items while over 250  students benefited from scholarship awards. The Senator has executed about 50 constituency projects across the 10 Local Government Areas of the Senatorial District.

Source: http://nationalnewstrack.com/senator-akpabio-splashes-cash-constituents/?fbclid=IwAR2niUs6kWTDjJu1H4SF3dipLjpOf_tKpYbp_gu2NSY4U5K-fxrla6-GhK8

1 Like

Re: Senator Akpabio Empower Constituents by CilicMarin: 9:57am On Oct 24, 2018
Uncommon Senator!

Akwa Ibom Ayaya!!! grin grin

Re: Senator Akpabio Empower Constituents by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:59am On Oct 24, 2018
Buhari to world Bank

Buhari is a bigot

Re: Senator Akpabio Empower Constituents by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 24, 2018
Udom is too weak for my liking. He needs a strategist to turn things around because with the way things are going in Akwa Ibom state, he may lose and cause problem for the PDP in the presidential election.

Akpabio is schooling him on how not to play with a grassroot politician.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

"This Your Cloud, What Happens When It Rains" A PMB Minister Asks / Mass Shooting At Pittsburgh Synagogue / APC Crisis: I Won’t Mortgage My Conscience To Keep My Job, Says Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.