Stats: 3,155,506 members, 7,826,911 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter (36373 Views)

Ex-Minister, Wantaregh Paul Unongo Is Dead / Police Killed 'Bobby Devil' A Notorious Gang Leader In Rivers State (Graphic Pix / Nigeria Police Killed 20 Yrs Old Girl, Shoot A Boy In Ajegunle - Rugged Man (2) (3) (4)

Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by observanc1: 2:30pm On Oct 24, 2018
dafeyankee:
So not alighting from a car is death sentence now?

This is a win win situation for ordinary Nigerians.

Rest in peace Anita, but maybe your death as the daughter of a powerful man from the hands of the Police, might make them change one or two practices in the police that will be protective to the general populace.
after demobilising d tyres o. Nigeria stories dey tire person
Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by observanc1: 2:36pm On Oct 24, 2018
SixDividedByTwo:
the police superintendent who fired the shot should be shot too. Nigerian police are a bunch of barbaric animals.
simply put him in one those so many abandoned vehicles in police stations and shoot at the door.
Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by chinedu234(m): 3:04pm On Oct 24, 2018
The country is still suffering from various forms of impunity. The current president is in love with abuse of the laws and lack of respect for the rule of law. So also are the security agencies under his command so influenced. Unfortunately,most citizens don't have any escape now. But nature has it's plans and everything shall be perfect at it's own time.

Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 24, 2018
Rip young lady....

Your dad killed you.
Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 24, 2018
chuckjonesbaba:

My brother this is why I left Nigeria. I swear nothing is working. Nothing!

Baba, which country you dey and when and how did you leave?

I always need stories like this to motivate myself.
Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 24, 2018
chinedu234:
The country is still suffering from various forms of impunity. The current president is in love with abuse of the laws and lack of respect for the rule of law. So also are the security agencies under his command so influenced. Unfortunately,most citizens don't have any escape now. But nature has it's plans and everything shall be perfect at it's own time.

Other than the sudden death of Buhari, Nigerians will be under his yoke for another 4 years. I have braced myself already and I pray for the grace for me and my family to survive. Afterall, we survived the reign of sanni Abacha and we are still here.

#istandwithbuharitill2023
Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by DAramis: 3:41pm On Oct 24, 2018
The important advice gotten from someone is never to argue with someone holding a gun
Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by Reference(m): 3:43pm On Oct 24, 2018
It is hard to imagine what threat the lady posed to the policeman that deadly force was required in the course of duty. He should be charged accordingly. However I want to be an advocate of law enforcement today.

I wonder why folks think that disobeying a lawful order of a policeman is right in every way by a sane and capable citizen. If the victim here was disabled and could not disembark from the vehicle or perhaps could not understand the language of communucation as in a foreign country, that is excusable. But for goodness sake, there is no policeman in the world who will accept at face value the disobedience of a lawful order. At least the person involved will be escalating the situation.

Be it in the United States or Japan, 'if you are told to exit your vehicle' you will exit that vehicle one way or the other so why escalate the situation. As a matter of fact even if the order is considered unlawful, consider this.

The policeman doesn't know you and so has no sentiment attached to you that differs from the vehicle previously stopped. You could be a felon, an armed robber or a terrorist. Are these expected to disobey orders too. Does society expect the policeman to agree that criminals pick and choose what to obey and what not to.

In peculiar situations sometimes you see a citizen disobey, confront and even brawl with law enforcement officials and at the end of the day, the matter is settled, the policeman (men) are appeased and the perpetuator goes his way having not obeyed the order....I will say only in Nigeria does this happen. What if he had stolen property in his trunk, or a kidnap victim or what if the vehicle itself was stolen. In decent societies the police cannot be pleaded with, induced or appeased to ignore what was their duty and responsibilities either by the public or by their colleagues. I have never seen that happen. Once the citizen rolls it can only go south for him.

Of course not every policeman is right and not every order is legal but in Nigeria your best bet is to work up the food chain till you get to the point where professionalism exists. Even if the policeman at the check point is drunk and disorderly, just obey. You stand a better chance at finding reason with his superior in the squad car and if the whole group is perceived wrong you stand a better chance at the station.

Yes, we all acknowledge that the police is largely problematic and may not be up to scratch in many ways but a lot of people are just too naive and totally ignorant of how things work. That anywhere in the world you are making things more difficult for yourself and endangering your life if you escalate what is hitherto a civil situation. Just obey then recourse.

Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by CeceNene(f): 4:46pm On Oct 24, 2018
Killed in her prime, RIP dear. The sight of those men in uniform gives me the creep. NPF need total reform ASAP.
Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by litaninja(m): 4:47pm On Oct 24, 2018
Now that a prominent figure is affected, maybe, just maybe something will come out of this...
Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by Abiiiike(f): 7:19pm On Oct 24, 2018
dafeyankee:

Sad.

But sadly, some deaths have to happen for others to live freely. Thousands marched and died, for other blacks to enjoy the freedom they now enjoy in the United States.

People have sacrificed for you.

Yea sure, but i hope you would say this if one of your family members had been murdered this way without your consent or theirs
Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 24, 2018
Xaos:

I can't even fathom this...

If our government doesn't stop recruiting lunatics as police officers, they'll all kill us one by one. The NPF is in badly need of reform and educated people. Only then!
Most of them dey mumu
Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by frozen70(f): 10:17pm On Oct 24, 2018
Police with their careless way of handling gun

Will he say that he did this in self defence as it was always their usual claim or out of stupidity

As them done touch lion tail, let's see how it goes
Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by Nobody: 12:31am On Oct 25, 2018
The issue of Police and their wanton disregard for human life starts with the Government. In this day and age with advances in science and technology, there's absolutely no reason why these men and women don't undergo a back ground check as well as psychiatric test before they are hired to serve the Nigerian public. If the goverment actually care for the people, it should have instituted such tests especially since these unjustified killings by these mentally deranged cops have been going on.

Civil Servant Dies In Efcc's Custody After Six Hours (pictured) / South African Man Who Burnt His Girlfriend Once Beat Her (Photos) / Lady Who Flogged Testimony Toke To Death Over Witchcraft, Arrested (Photos)