Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,269 members, 7,811,776 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter (36360 Views)

Ex-Minister, Wantaregh Paul Unongo Is Dead / Police Killed 'Bobby Devil' A Notorious Gang Leader In Rivers State (Graphic Pix / Nigeria Police Killed 20 Yrs Old Girl, Shoot A Boy In Ajegunle - Rugged Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by AcuraZDX: 10:28am On Oct 24, 2018
The shocking and untimely death of 31-year-old Anita Akapson by operatives of Nigerian Police Force in Abuja has taken a new turn as new facts emerge.

The mysterious circumstances surrounding the killing of Anita Akapson, the daughter of a former Minister of Finance, Nenadi Usman, in Abuja, have been unfolded as fresh facts have emerged.

A new reporter revealed that the 31-year-old victim was shot in her Honda Accord car, for allegedly refused to alight when directed by the policeman who killed her on October 13.

It was learnt that after demobilising the car by firing at the tyres, the Superintendent of Police, who shot her, was said to have asked Akapson to come out of the car but she reportedly refused, fearing that she might be harmed.

While speaking to a correspondent, some sources close to the investigation revealed on Tuesday that the police officer insisted that Akapson should step out of her car, but she refused to budge.

“In an attempt to force the door open, the police officer fired at the car door and the bullet went through it, hit Akapson in the stomach and exited into the driver seat,”

the source explained while tendering the picture showing the trajectory of the bullet.
Meanwhile, the Spokesman of the Federal Capital Territory Police, Anjuguri Manzah, declined to comment on the case, saying the investigation was still ongoing.

The family of the deceased has also refuted reports that they have secured an independent investigator to probe the death of their daughter, describing the claim as erroneous.

The lawyer for the family, Kayode Ajulo, said it was untrue that an independent investigator was probing the case, noting that the family expected the police to carry out a thorough investigation into the tragedy and prosecute those involved.

See more:

https://zenithnaija.com/update-on-how-police-killed-ex-ministers-daughter-anita-in-abuja/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by dafeyankee: 10:30am On Oct 24, 2018
So not alighting from a car is death sentence now?

This is a win win situation for ordinary Nigerians.

Rest in peace Anita, but maybe your death as the daughter of a powerful man from the hands of the Police, might make them change one or two practices in the police that will be protective to the general populace.

126 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:30am On Oct 24, 2018
hmmm
Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 24, 2018
“In an attempt to force the door open, the police officer fired at the car door and the bullet went through it, hit Akapson in the stomach and exited into the driver seat,”

I can't even fathom this...

If our government doesn't stop recruiting lunatics as police officers, they'll all kill us one by one. The NPF is in badly need of reform and educated people. Only then!

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by daddytime(m): 11:23am On Oct 24, 2018
Not stepping out from the car most likely at a dark corner on the orders of black-cladded, rifle-totting, mean-faced looking and for a certainty pot-bellied men was enough justification to use lethal and deadly force on an innocent unarmed "female"?

Very lame and poor attempt at defending this indefensible murder of a young innocent lady.

R.I.p young lady.
https://www.nairaland.com/4405326/nigeria-europe-through-desert-a-true

18 Likes

Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by Fierce11: 11:23am On Oct 24, 2018
The Nigerian Police are a terrible disgrace.
Who even shoots at a door when someone is in the car?.. He did not even aim the keyhole.. God!
What manner of unapprehensive wickedness is this?.. May karma not lose track of the bastard.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by Ppbran: 11:24am On Oct 24, 2018
This na wah
Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by cnwamo(m): 11:24am On Oct 24, 2018
Oh wow.
It’s amazing how other people’s lives has no worth to some people. How do you just shoot at someone who has not showed signs of aggression or threatened your life in any way, oh Nigeria my country we really have a very long way to go.
At 31 she probably had her masters and PHD, so all those hours of cracking her brain studying or planning on a future and working towards it ended at the hands of someone that was supposed to serve and protect her.
This and many other things strengthens my resolution to not start a family in Nigeria, there are too many hurdles to jump daily, you secretly live in fear. I’m quite certain if she weren’t the child of a prominent Person this case would have been swept under the rug and then life would go on for the Shooter.
R.I.P Anita

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by b0rn2fuck(m): 11:25am On Oct 24, 2018
I tire for Nigeria my country
Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by bedspread: 11:25am On Oct 24, 2018
Another Life Wasted!!
Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by XaintJoel20: 11:26am On Oct 24, 2018
The Nigeria Police needs urgent reforms.

1 Like

Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 24, 2018
the police superintendent who fired the shot should be shot too. Nigerian police are a bunch of barbaric animals.

14 Likes

Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by sacajawea: 11:26am On Oct 24, 2018
Police is your friend
Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by nattty(m): 11:26am On Oct 24, 2018
Na wa ooo

1 Share

Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by thorpido(m): 11:26am On Oct 24, 2018
Isn't it just madness to fire at a car with the occupant inside after you have shot at the tyres?

Is this how they are trained at the Police college?smh

5 Likes

Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by SlayQueenVids(f): 11:26am On Oct 24, 2018
A grin
Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by inoki247: 11:27am On Oct 24, 2018
Dem don carry dere brutality dey face d elite daz what the masses faces without any justice...

9 Likes

Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by goshen26: 11:28am On Oct 24, 2018
This story weak me

Which kind lie be this na? Even concentrated Tetraoxosulphate(vi)acid (H2SO4) is usually diluted b4 its being used in the lab, can't the NPF get a professional liar like that minister whose name has lie to help them fabricate better lie.

Nigeria is not safe for common man if they can shoot the daughter of an ext minister

7 Likes

Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by Mankosi: 11:29am On Oct 24, 2018
When they see unarmed civilians they start raising guns and shooting but when they see robbers or Boko Haram they urinate on their trousers and their guns will start lacking bullets.......

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 24, 2018
I still don't know why the NPF hasn't been reformed. How can an uneducated Aboki be assigned an assault rifle on the basis of being a police officer. Some of them are not even mentally stable enough to handle a stun gun.

9 Likes

Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by jaxxy(m): 11:29am On Oct 24, 2018
What on earth is wrong with our police force. How can u fire a weapon just to deflate a tire of a harmless lady? Then shooting at the door handle to open the doors?? Is this normal behavior in dealing with situations like this or are our police force not just trained on dealing with issues? How can u just open fire on an unarmed person?

This abnormal behavior and brutality has to stop once and for all bt taking decisive action.

4 Likes

Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by FrostyButter: 11:29am On Oct 24, 2018
Animals...in my country, theives harass you, police harass you, soldiers harass you, terrorists harass you, poverty harasses you.

And guess what, even the rich these days suffer from all these harassment. Didn't senetors get harassed the other day?

Now way to be safe in my country. Now way to keep your family away from harm. Even if you're successful, even if you live a nice neighborhood.... The madness of Nigeria finds a way to take away those you love from you.

This is a mad country ran by Lifeless brains.

6 Likes

Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by faithfull18(f): 11:30am On Oct 24, 2018
Hmm, maybe they will finally do something about it. Infact, once these guys wear that uniform, all hell is let loose.

1 Like

Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by peacebirdone: 11:30am On Oct 24, 2018
Real sad. This doesnt add up.
Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by pol23: 11:30am On Oct 24, 2018
Too sad.
Make dem review the system...den no gree...
Weach sure knows the masses will suffer it more,but for the little time you feel it.. it will be tragic...
Your kids ll visit someday...
Rip to a gentle soul...
Your papa na your Enemy in disguised....He failed to create a safe environment for you and for millions like you.
Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by alonso4a(m): 11:30am On Oct 24, 2018
make rich people children die small... since na min of finance dauta d news dy fly
NEXT

1 Like

Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by omololu2020(m): 11:31am On Oct 24, 2018
Even before reading it

RIP to the dead girl,but I have no pity for the minister sha.
Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by gurunlocker: 11:31am On Oct 24, 2018
Every Nigerian police officer should undergo psychiatric test.

Was he thinking the bullet won't go through the door after firing? Like firing bullet will make the door open without harming the lady in the car?

Talk of stupid officer....

1 Like

Re: Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter by magicminister: 11:32am On Oct 24, 2018
Knowledge is knowing that you don't have any right in Nigeria
Bravery is fighting for your rights
Wisdom is knowing when to fight for those rights.
Its not the victim's fault but we should be aware that we live in the belly of the beast and demons are in human flesh

I always advise young people especially to comply with our depraved policemen.
Smile, hail them something like "offiiiiicerrrr", and hand over 100 naira note.

As a young person driving a nice car, i get pulled over every day. I mean every day.
Sometimes its worse than the others. Sometimes they search my car and waste my time.

It will be well!!

That's all i have to say.

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Who Set Girlfriend Ablaze Sentenced To Death By Hanging / Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai / Man banished for stealing joystick in Kogi.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.