Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,535 members, 7,770,390 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:15 AM

why do people hate pap (Ogi) so much? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / why do people hate pap (Ogi) so much? (12418 Views)

Poll: Do you like it?

Yes: 72% (71 votes)
No: 16% (16 votes)
indifferent: 10% (10 votes)
only when i'm sick: 1% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

For How Long Can I Preserve Pap (ogi) ? / Best Way To Make Pap Aka Akamu/ogi / People's Attitude Towards 'Pap' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: why do people hate pap (Ogi) so much? by amefi(m): 2:09pm On Jul 19, 2010
Missy B:

Ehn?

I MEANT IF YOU ARE A MAN NOW CUS YOU USED TO BE A WOMAN IN THE PAST!
Re: why do people hate pap (Ogi) so much? by MissyB1(m): 2:12pm On Jul 19, 2010
Erhmm . . . I'm what I say I am. smiley
Re: why do people hate pap (Ogi) so much? by damilola15: 2:19pm On Jul 19, 2010
I don't like it now because it makes me nauseous. My old man used to put ginger or pepper(it made him nauseous without it) and I got used to that as a child.
Re: why do people hate pap (Ogi) so much? by amefi(m): 2:25pm On Jul 19, 2010
Missy B:

Erhmm . . . I'm what I say I am. smiley

I TAKE YOU TO BE A HERMAPHRODITE THEN, NO HATING THO!
Re: why do people hate pap (Ogi) so much? by maurchy: 2:26pm On Jul 19, 2010
pap is nice joh. i love it though these days, i kinda prefer custard.

pap and akara
pap and moimoi
pap and bread

and when you take it with evaporated milk, hmmmmmmmmm wink
Re: why do people hate pap (Ogi) so much? by desgiezd(m): 2:27pm On Jul 19, 2010
I love pap very much but with much sugar. I dont like it with milk because it changes its taste. I love it on Saturdays because after taking a bowl-ful of it, it makes me sleep deeply.
Re: why do people hate pap (Ogi) so much? by maurchy: 2:30pm On Jul 19, 2010
though the lumpy akamu can be verrry disgusting. you just have to know how to make it well before it can be lump-less.
Re: why do people hate pap (Ogi) so much? by Ranoscky(m): 2:31pm On Jul 19, 2010
Anybody wey no like Akamu na'em be say dat persin dey miss better thing!

take am with better/well prepared agoyin beans u go know wetin lyf dey talk about!
Re: why do people hate pap (Ogi) so much? by MissyB1(m): 2:32pm On Jul 19, 2010
amefi:

I TAKE YOU TO BE A HERMAPHRODITE THEN, NO HATING THO!
Cool!
Re: why do people hate pap (Ogi) so much? by maxtop(m): 2:34pm On Jul 19, 2010
@ Poster, says who ? Coz i don't see anything wrong with pap, I do take it and i love it. grin grin grin
Re: why do people hate pap (Ogi) so much? by dominique(f): 2:59pm On Jul 19, 2010
maurchy:

pap is nice joh. i love it though these days, i kinda prefer custard.

pap and akara
pap and moimoi
pap and bread

and when you take it with evaporated milk,  hmmmmmmmmm wink

@ bolded
seriously? undecided
Re: why do people hate pap (Ogi) so much? by TeeJay6(m): 3:00pm On Jul 19, 2010
i dont, i luv pap & akara or moin moin, pap with sugar is cool
Re: why do people hate pap (Ogi) so much? by maurchy: 3:20pm On Jul 19, 2010
@ dominique,
yeah, pap and bread is cool too. it's just that they are both carb.
Re: why do people hate pap (Ogi) so much? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 19, 2010
I may have to revisit this thing, maybe I didn't make it correctly lol. I definitely wasn't flooding it with milk and sugar.
Re: why do people hate pap (Ogi) so much? by leboss6(m): 4:06pm On Jul 19, 2010
because y has a tail and two branches grin grin grin grin
Re: why do people hate pap (Ogi) so much? by Pethan: 4:24pm On Jul 19, 2010
Pap is one of my favourite, i take it every morning b4 going to work  smiley
Re: why do people hate pap (Ogi) so much? by Demdem(m): 4:26pm On Jul 19, 2010
NOT ME. i ONLY TAKE IT WHEN I AM SERIOUSLY SICK AND THAT DOESNT OCCUR OFTEN.
Re: why do people hate pap (Ogi) so much? by dejavu009: 5:06pm On Jul 19, 2010
dominique:

@ bolded
seriously? undecided
[/quoth te]
feelin u bruv, luv pap die
Re: why do people hate pap (Ogi) so much? by maurchy: 5:14pm On Jul 19, 2010
Pethan:

Pap is one of my favourite, i take it every morning b4 going to work  smiley

every morning b4 work? are you sure you don't sleep at work?
Re: why do people hate pap (Ogi) so much? by maurchy: 5:17pm On Jul 19, 2010
ogugua88:

I may have to revisit this thing, maybe I didn't make it correctly lol. I definitely wasn't flooding it with milk and sugar.

you don't have to flood it with milk and sugar. it's still nice without anything. the nearly bittersweet sour taste is still okay.
Re: why do people hate pap (Ogi) so much? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 19, 2010
I think most people just find the smell repulsive.
Re: why do people hate pap (Ogi) so much? by sophy09: 6:14pm On Jul 19, 2010
I love pap especially the white one with a lot of sugar. I don't like adding milk to my pap. The thing I like most about it is that it make me feel sleepy. I take it most times when I cannot sleep.
Re: why do people hate pap (Ogi) so much? by Robotnik: 6:46pm On Jul 19, 2010
have you guys heard of oatmeal, thats the shizznit
Re: why do people hate pap (Ogi) so much? by Ranoscky(m): 6:51pm On Jul 19, 2010
^^^ i lyk am lyke die! when i was a kid i don't lyk it den but now ehn. . .i dey eat am lyk say 2morow no dey!
Re: why do people hate pap (Ogi) so much? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 19, 2010
cos its tasteless,its not sweet n its not bitter,it goes down ur throat without any pleasure of eating,dont like it but if i dont have an option ill rather take brown pap or yellow pap mixed with very thick milk n plenty of sugar to make it have some taste n of course ill feel like am taking food wink wink wink
Re: why do people hate pap (Ogi) so much? by VPersie: 7:33pm On Jul 19, 2010
@Redmann44
Pap is good and I grew up on it back in the days. I've not taken it for some time now because it is not readily available where I am currently. I feel the reason why many folks on this thread dislike Ogi or akamu is because of the way it is prepared by different people. When I was in boarding house in Ogun State in the early 90's, I hated the Pap that was served by the school authorities. It was watery and you were also given two small akara balls to go along with it . Those were the days of suffering as a secondary school student. However, when I went home for holidays, My step mum prepared the Ogi in a superb way. It was thick and she served it with delicious Agoyin beans and sugar.

It should be noted that there are different kinds of pap. I don't like the white pap made from white maize [ I guess this is the type of pap that many nairalanders find it nauseous and do not like ]. I love the ogi made from Yellow Maize and Guinea Corn [ This variety of Pap is reddish in colour ]. The Yellow Ogi is my favourite and we used to have loads of it stored in our freezer. Ogi is very nutritious and I love taking it topped up with Bournvita and granulated sugar [ not the unhealthy Dangote sugar o ]. Cheers.

Did you attend NNSS ABK?
Re: why do people hate pap (Ogi) so much? by Fhemmmy: 8:46pm On Jul 19, 2010
I am sure most of those that said they loved it are just joking jare, how cld anyone love something like that . . . that things is gross.
Re: why do people hate pap (Ogi) so much? by Delebayo(m): 9:21pm On Jul 19, 2010
I don't like pap b'cos of the way it smells. I am not a fan of slimy looking food, when i see it i fell like throwing up tongue yeeakkk! Ogi cuastard and the like, it no way for me
Re: why do people hate pap (Ogi) so much? by Fhemmmy: 9:27pm On Jul 19, 2010
Delebayo:

I don't like pap b'cos of the way it smells. I am not a fan of slimy looking food, when i see it i fell like throwing up tongue yeeakkk! Ogi cuastard and the like, it no way for me

God bless you jare . . . . That thing is yawwwwkkkkkkkkkk
Re: why do people hate pap (Ogi) so much? by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:31pm On Jul 19, 2010
I love pap! Especially with Milk,sugar and some fried plaintain. Now dat makes my saturday!
Re: why do people hate pap (Ogi) so much? by Fhemmmy: 9:33pm On Jul 19, 2010
I will recommend this thread for anyone that wanna throw up and having a hard time, instead of sticking your finder down your throat, just read some of the combo on this thread, even an hungry man will puke
Re: why do people hate pap (Ogi) so much? by MissyB1(m): 9:38pm On Jul 19, 2010
From Missy's Kitchen . . . . grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Medicinal Benefits Of Scent Leaves(ocimum Gratissimum) / What Are You Having For Lunch / Realy Amazing Cakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.