Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,089 members, 7,852,688 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:23 AM

Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World (23119 Views)

Aliko Dangote And His Ex Wife Meet, Years After Divorce (Photos) / Photos Of Aliko Dangote's Former Wife And Fatima's Mother / Abdulrahman Fasasi: Aliko Dangote's Adopted Son (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by myners007: 9:45am On Oct 25, 2018
kerry57:

where is Tony Elumelu from? You should ask why are there no rep from the west.
fFrom Delta state, south south
Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 25, 2018
Primusinterpares:
ok nice one ...
Reminds me of some people that are good outside and wicked inside...

kudos bro
Lol. This your statement has deep meaning o
Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by feemi: 9:52am On Oct 25, 2018
plainol:
I bet to disagree.

Dangote is the second most wicked person in Nigeria after Buhari.

This guy has killed more companies in Nigeria than recession.

His trailers has also killed more people than malaria and HIV combined.

He has made more people homeless with cut throat cement price than hurricane.

He has also made more Nigerians hungry by increasing the price of flour, sugar etc madly.

That guy is an opportunist, a very wicked opportunist.

Has anyone seen any retailer that makes good profit on any of his products?

I'm waiting for answers.

I want to believe that he dangote bankrolled that publication.
We know the charitable Nigerian billionaires n Alhaji Aliko is just a businessman. Very shrewd n mean, with his penchant for Indians then tell me if any charity can come out from an Indian system. And then,dangote group is biggest India group in Naija.

Indian system is the vampire system
Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by CAPSLOCKED: 10:02am On Oct 25, 2018
obonujoker:

But that is the truth.... Everything is of God... and if you get anything without God, that means, you get it through some other means, that makes you a thief and a robber (stealing) coz you didn't get it from God through his son Jesus Christ.. ( Read John 10 ) and see for yourself....

Good deeds without having Jesus, the person will still be judged (which I think is unfair) buh I can't question God, neither can you....

Don't be deceived... No matter how we try, God always wins.... Our prayer is that God should show us mercy continuously....

I'M NOT EVEN GOING TO ARGUE WITH YOU, YOU'VE MADE UP YOUR MIND TO DIE WITH THIS INHERITED RETARDATION.

realmindz:

He will burn till eternity, gnashing of teeth, eternal torture
though he believes in God but does not believe that God has a son....just for not believing, he is therefore wicked, evil and does not deserve to be excused from such punishment.

Religion is the beginning of retardation

IT JUST GETS WORSE THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT IT.

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by donnie(m): 10:22am On Oct 25, 2018
MiddleDimension:

@donnie

Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by Borntofuck: 10:29am On Oct 25, 2018
No supper rich is in nairaland but we make so much noise
Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by UrVillagePpl: 11:12am On Oct 25, 2018
mendii:
an overrated piece of crap
take it or leave it.. home or abroad.. a pair of his shoe can pay ur bills, I mean for 5yrs
Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by farem: 11:13am On Oct 25, 2018
mendii:
How did you come about this ' crap' of yours? Can you contest the figures cited?
Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by hoyiilow: 11:27am On Oct 25, 2018
[quote author=gregyboy post=72391576]Have not seen is charity .imagine if bil gate had an origin in nigeria just imagine the type of investment or charity organization he would establish over the 36 state....dangote is simply doing this for name. not for the purpose that why he cant do it perfectly. i have never come across any dangote charity organization. instead is monopoly is all over the country ..a politician hiding under the blanket of buisness ...i would take tinubu than dangote any day[/quoteu. Tryrmmmmm]

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by Holumhidey(m): 12:24pm On Oct 25, 2018
mendii:
cool
mendii:
BROS GO FIND WORK AND MAKE UR OWN MONEY
Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by akigbemaru: 12:33pm On Oct 25, 2018
36pripa:
Man-Like-Dangote

I love Dangote( even amongst all the rumours of him being a channel for money laundering by politicians) because he looks smart and daring ,however I don't see him doing things very spectacular with his foundation. Although he has done some great stuff, most of what he does is give around #10k to market women. Like, 10k will make meaning to them but will it really grow another Dangote?

For me, Elumelu's foundation that helps gather 10,000 entrepreneurs in Africa yearly is more effective. Africa needs to get past this beggarly philanthropic system. Maybe investing 100million in 20 individuals who will become mini-dangotes will make more meaning to the economy and country than share 10k to 10,000 market women.
Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by Adulphus(m): 1:16pm On Oct 25, 2018
edunwablog:
Aliko Dangote, president of Dangote Group, has been named the sixth most charitable man in the World, by Richtopia, a digital periodical that covers business, economics, and financial news, based in the United Kingdom.

Dangote recently endowed his foundation to the tune of $1.25 billion.

Warren Buffett, Bill Gates and J. K. Rowlings occupied the first three positions while Oprah Winfrey and Elon Musk were in the fourth and fifth position respectively.

Aside Dangote, Tony Elumelu, chairman of United Bank for Africa was 11th on the list and these two were the only Nigerians on the list.

Dangote started his foundation, Aliko Dangote Foundation in 1981, with a mission to enhance opportunities for social change through strategic investments that improve health and wellbeing, promote quality education, and broaden economic empowerment opportunities.

Aliko Dangote Foundation was, however, incorporated in 1994 as a charity in Lagos, Nigeria. 20 years later, the Foundation has become the largest private Foundation in sub-Saharan Africa, with the largest endowment by a single African donor.

https://www.akelicious.net/2018/10/aliko-dangote-named-6th-most-charitable.html

Tony Elumelu should be on number 6.. Dangote should be 11.. Which impact have he made..
Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by Squillionaire: 1:23pm On Oct 25, 2018
Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by MiddleDimension: 1:31pm On Oct 25, 2018
donnie:

Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

i think he was plain there when he said: ''....but those who do the will of my father''
Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by Quinic(m): 1:51pm On Oct 25, 2018
well deserved..
Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by Tolubory(m): 2:06pm On Oct 25, 2018
RobbinHood
Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by aduak(m): 3:28pm On Oct 25, 2018
Is there any household you go to without seeing Dangote product?
Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by stankezzy: 4:18pm On Oct 25, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:
HE'S A MUSLIM THAT DOESN'T SOW SEED. DOESN'T PAY TITHES, OR GO TO PASTORS FOR DELIVERANCE OR ANOINTING.
HE DOESN'T OWE ANY PASTORS NO FAVORS AND HE'S MAKING HIS MONEY, EMPLOYING THE JOBLESS (THIS INCLUDES THOSE THAT TITHE), AND HELPING THE LESS PRIVILEGED.

BUT..... A CERTAIN GROUP OF PEOPLE CLAIM THAT WHEN HE DIES AFTER ALL HIS GOOD WORK HE'S HEADING FOR ETERNAL PAIN AND DAMNATION IN HELL JUST BECAUSE HE WASN'T A CHRISTIAN. grin
don't sound stupid , who told you that he doesn't pay tithe? , rich men will do any thing to remain on top and be successful , it is only poor fellow like you that have problems with money, one popular pastor in abuja said it surprises him when alahajis come to pay tithe, when pope John Paul came to nigeria during abacha regime , as deadly as abacha is and also he was a Muslim but he specifically requested for special personal prayer for him and his house before other Nigerian which pope did , rich men believe in suceeding any how , in any means , it is only poor man that will say , let me remain poor
Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by Kennyxton: 4:20pm On Oct 25, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:
HE'S A MUSLIM THAT DOESN'T SOW SEED. DOESN'T PAY TITHES, OR GO TO PASTORS FOR DELIVERANCE OR ANOINTING.
HE DOESN'T OWE ANY PASTORS NO FAVORS AND HE'S MAKING HIS MONEY, EMPLOYING THE JOBLESS (THIS INCLUDES THOSE THAT TITHE), AND HELPING THE LESS PRIVILEGED.

BUT..... A CERTAIN GROUP OF PEOPLE CLAIM THAT WHEN HE DIES AFTER ALL HIS GOOD WORK HE'S HEADING FOR ETERNAL PAIN AND DAMNATION IN HELL JUST BECAUSE HE WASN'T A CHRISTIAN. grin

That is the exact place any person that does not acknowledge the personality of JESUS CHRIST.
Good work is very good and commendable but truth must be told.

Whatever whoever believes, that's not gonna change the TRUTH.
If you are able to believe that dreams exist and its clear to you... You have yourself to blame for not belelieving in eternity and truth therein.

A wise person always ask questions for truth and knowledge and not for argument.

Gentle regards
Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by CAPSLOCKED: 5:32pm On Oct 25, 2018
stankezzy:
don't sound stupid , who told you that he doesn't pay tithe? , rich men will do any thing to remain on top and be successful , it is only poor fellow like you that have problems with money, one popular pastor in abuja said it surprises him when alahajis come to pay tithe, when pope John Paul came to nigeria during abacha regime , as deadly as abacha is and also he was a Muslim but he specifically requested for special personal prayer for him and his house before other Nigerian which pope did , rich men believe in suceeding any how , in any means , it is only poor man that will say , let me remain poor

KAI!! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by writeprof(m): 6:32pm On Oct 25, 2018
36pripa:
Man-Like-Dangote

I love Dangote( even amongst all the rumours of him being a channel for money laundering by politicians) because he looks smart and daring ,however I don't see him doing things very spectacular with his foundation. Although he has done some great stuff, most of what he does is give around #10k to market women. Like, 10k will make meaning to them but will it really grow another Dangote?

For me, Elumelu's foundation that helps gather 10,000 entrepreneurs in Africa yearly is more effective. Africa needs to get past this beggarly philanthropic system. Maybe investing 100million in 20 individuals who will become mini-dangotes will make more meaning to the economy and country than share 10k to 10,000 market women.

Napoleon Hill tells us no millionaire will pay another person to be a millionaire.
Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by hahn(m): 6:38pm On Oct 25, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

KAI!! grin

That guy beans don done grin
Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by CAPSLOCKED: 6:42pm On Oct 25, 2018
hahn:

That guy beans don done grin
grin
Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by RealSniper: 7:28am On Oct 26, 2018
jaxxy:

This is a very meaningless rating if u ask me. So becos a single handedly endowed his own personal foundation to the tune of $1.25b he’s now 6th in the world? Not because the foundation has done or actually given or contributed to actual society. Look Foundations are created for various reasons and motives just check the Clintons foundation and see.
Dangote did not wait upon any foundation to push his dream and goals on becoming a billionaire. Foundation aside the jobs created by him alone is enough to be recognized. Nigerians expect every rich man to share his wealth to prove he is helping. Dangotes foundation have established more than 15,000 SMEs in the last 10years, helped in fighting health related issues across Africa and supported security.
Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by CoolAmbience(m): 6:31pm On Oct 26, 2018
36pripa:
Man-Like-Dangote

You know nothing about the Dangote Foundation, besides The Tony Elumelu Foundation doesn't gather 10,000 entrepreneurs yearly...what do you mean by gather entrepreneurs sef? In fact, you have no idea of what you are talking about.
Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by Horus(m): 4:01pm On Oct 27, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y8mxbdC3ls

Africa's Richest Man Dangote Ranked 6th Most Generous in the World

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Joseph Wayas Celebrates His 79th Birthday Today / Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? / Forex Racketeering: CBN Fines Banks, Bdcs Hundreds Of Millions For Infraction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.