Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,374 members, 7,812,093 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Mocking God? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mocking God? (25003 Views)

Starbucks Repulsive Advert Mocking Jesus / Are This People Mocking Daddy Kumuyi? / Stop Mocking God(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mocking God? by cooltola(m): 4:38am On Jan 16, 2006
"He who does not love , does not know God, For God is love" - I John 4:8

even those people mocked God  in one way or the other , God will always love them because he cares for human being regardless of who they are, what they did . He discipline us so that we can be like him . And incase he punish them  he is doing it because for the love- he is most compassionate , blameless and not an evil God but a loving God who never give up on us.  smiley smiley smiley smiley

remember this
"As I live," says the Lord God, " I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way  and live" Ezekiel 33:11
Re: Mocking God? by gbengaijot(m): 10:46am On Jan 16, 2006
I will still quote myself again as this is my final conclusion

"When God disciplines, we say he is mean, when he decide to be merciful, we complain that he is too dumb. The heart of man is desperately wicked and seeks justice in the beliefs of the way we are brought up coupled with environmental and relationship influence.

I believe in the existence of a supernatural being and he has the right to the way he does things.

How maany of u, after drawing a particular picture with a Paint program on the computer, looks at it and either delete it, or erase part of it. How many times have we looked at our computer system and decide to format it when it has virus or should i say how many times have we scribble lines on piece of paper and then crisp it to gether and chuck it in the bin.

How i wish those little "matters" have the chance of expressing their feelings and revolting against our actions just like we do unto God, and see how we react.

I bet if they could, i will be the first to get furious and do more worse harm for questioning my authority.

GOd never think like we do, and that makes us dummies before him."
Re: Mocking God? by perculiarrose(f): 3:54pm On Jan 16, 2006
this question is for KAG... pls r u a christain. if u don't believe in God then shut up.
Re: Mocking God? by nferyn(m): 4:00pm On Jan 16, 2006
perculiarrose:

this question is for KAG... please r u a christain. if u don't believe in God then shut up.
Why should anyone that doesn't believe in God shut up (by the way, there are also people that believein God and are not Christian)?
Re: Mocking God? by lifexpress(m): 3:10pm On Jan 18, 2006
Hi nferyn; every successful researcher must take more action to get results.
You never know what you can do about your concerns for God, until you try!
I'll be returning to Nigeria after a month holiday!
Goodluck.
And thanks for your comments on my website too!
You'll find the evidence you need now.
I have so much on my hands & mind, I only do what I can the best I can at a time.
Being able to do the best u can is a small test of how you are like God too.
Re: Mocking God? by nferyn(m): 3:23pm On Jan 18, 2006
No I don't find evidence, not at all. Please present that evidence here in this thread for all to see, so that we may be (or may not be) convinced by it.
Re: Mocking God? by Maze: 4:05pm On Jan 19, 2006
I just read the mail from Layi ?? Well ... all I want to say is that if God chose to act on every wrong statement human's made ,then the whole world would have been destroyed long ago and none of us would be here. Do not get me wrong .... I acknowledge that God is both a God of Judgement and a God of Love. However, it is neccessary that we remember that Jesus Himself said that He came to this world , not for the righteous but for the sinners. Remember that on the cross, with His badly bruised and beaten body nailed to the cross Jesus prayed to God and said " forgive them Father, they know not what they do". Even then , our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ did not give in to anger but prayed for the very people who persecuted Him. My point here is simple .... God is longsufering towards us and desires that every man BE SAVED. However, it is certain that every man will depart from this world one day and the main concern for everyone should be how to prepare for the life afterward. Jesus came so that every man could be saved and no matter what you may have said in the past ; even if its worse than what any of the people in Layi's post said .... remember that you CAN STILL BE SAVED. All you need do is believe and say a simple prayer of repentance. Confess yourself as a sinner , renounce your life of sin, confess Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, confess your belief that God the Father raised up the Lord Jesus Christ from the dead by the Power of the Holy Spirit and allow the miracle of re-birth to take place in your spirit. God will be with you and Bless you as you do it in faith, in Jesus Name, Amen.
Re: Mocking God? by KAG: 8:20am On Jan 20, 2006
perculiarrose:

this question is for KAG... please r u a christain. if u don't believe in God then shut up.

Have we met somewhere, someplace, at some point? If not, then I'm pleased to make your acquaintance. If there's anything within reason and with good reason, you'ld like me to do for you, please don't hesitate to ask. As per your unusual request above, I'm sorry, but it lacks a good reason amongst other things, so I guess I won't be complying. Nice to meet you though.
Re: Mocking God? by nicetohave(m): 11:49am On Jan 20, 2006
KAG im sorry but i think thats a simple question (wrongly presented though) which you should have used the opportunity to avail yourself of.
Re: Mocking God? by KAG: 12:51pm On Jan 20, 2006
nicetohave:

KAG im sorry but i think thats a simple question (wrongly presented though) which you should have used the opportunity to avail yourself of.

What was a simple question? The question that implied only somebody of a similar belief to hers could comment in this thread? Also, what exactly am I availing myself of?
Re: Mocking God? by nicetohave(m): 8:38pm On Jan 20, 2006
avail yourself of the opportunity to voice to her what you believe in and stand for, but as i said sorry if you dont seem to think it is necessary...........just mentioned it
Re: Mocking God? by KAG: 9:30pm On Jan 20, 2006
nicetohave:

avail yourself of the opportunity to voice to her what you believe in and stand for, but as i said sorry if you don't seem to think it is necessary...........just mentioned it

Gotcha'. I guess I don't feel it's necessary at this juncture, simply because I haven't figured out what label fits me best.
Re: Mocking God? by chrisd(m): 7:51pm On Jan 25, 2006
Those were nice examples, listen to this now.
A pastor performing a baptism was electrocuted inside his church after grabbing a microphone while partially submerged.
The Rev. Kyle Lake, 33, was standing in water in a baptismal at University Baptist Church when he was electrocuted.
Pastors at University Baptist Church routinely use a microphone during baptisms, Jamie Dudley said.
"He was grabbing the microphone so everyone could hear," she said. "It's the only way you can be loud enough."
Re: Mocking God? by jclord(f): 1:12am On Jan 26, 2006
layi
I liked your story. Be encouraged by the fact that when you share your faith with people
with a different world view you may not have a meeting of the minds right away. But you
are doing what God tells us to do. Your work is a seed of faith that God will water and he is
the one who ultimately saves people. He knows how to do it.

Keep on doing what you are doing!!!
Re: Mocking God? by SCATTAUNA(f): 2:59am On Jan 26, 2006
GOD is nature.. Heaven and Hell  is a state of mind.. think about the most happiest moment of your life when things are going great you have good health, your feeling right, money is flowing your wife or husband still loves you ect.. your just at peace with your thinking pattern and your happy that is the Heaven part of life.. Think of the bad times when your not content, your sad, you lose your job, wife or husband sleeping with other people.  you have all these negative thoughts in your head that you  can not get rid of. That thinking pattern to where you feel alone... that is the Hell  part of life,  that is burning in hell, fire, hot wata. ect what ever you want to call it.... The devil is the negative part of the human and the positive is the good side of human.. God is the force that keep things going.. we are all sparks of ?GOD don't be afraid to tell yourself that...  that is not to say you don't believe in yourself or something great.. if we can open our mind and not limit ourselves or yourself to what men write we can be much smarter...  Think about it
Re: Mocking God? by CharlieV: 4:53am On Jan 26, 2006
The "Mocking God" post has so many problems I don't know where to begin. I will begin by telling you I'm a Christian -- but I'm a Christian who believes that if Jesus read something like this, He'd tell you to take the log out of your eye. The rain falls on the just and the unjust.

Now, I read some excellent replies elsewhere to some of the absurdities in the post, let me share some with you:

THE MAN WHO BUILT TITANIC:
After the construction of Titanic, a reporter asked him how safe the
Titanic would be. With an ironic tone he said: "Not even God can sink it"

The result: I think you all know what happened to the Titanic.

Reply 1: Well that's what you get for being a passenger of a 25,000 ton liner built by just one man.
Reply 2: Yes, God showed you, didn't he? Stop blaspheming or I'll randomly kill more people that have nothing whatsoever to do with you!

JOHN LENNON:
Some years before during his interview with an American Magazine, he said:
"Christianity will end, it will disappear. I do not have to argue about
that. I am certain. Jesus was ok, but his subjects were too simple, Today
we are more famous than Him" (1966)".
Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ,
was shot six times.

Reply: And yet Aleister Crowley lived to be 72. A little selective, isn't it?

Reply to the above reply: Yeah, but he is dead, right? God wins! George Burns played God in movies. That has to be some sort of blasphemy, right? And where is George Burns now? Dead. God wins!

Other replies to the John Lennon part quoted songs and statements by dozens of rock artists which were much, much more blasphemous than anything John Lennon ever said, artists who are still alive and well.

Reply to the whole post: Wow! I'm really impressed. All these people said bad things and then died eventually! I'd better be careful or I might die eventually too.

Reply to the story of the girl in the car: I really, really wonder about a mother who would send her daughter off with a carload of drunks, and trust God more than the matter of blood alcohol content. I usually don't want to compound grief with punishment, but if the girl is a minor, her mother should be arrested! (If it was even remotely a true story.)

MARILYN MONROE:
She was visited by Billy Graham during a presentation of a show. He is a preacher and Evangelist and the Spirit of God had sent him to preach to her. After hearing what the Preacher had to say, she said: "I don't need your Jesus" A week later, she was found dead in her apartment.

Reply: Of course, the fact that Marilyn Monroe was Jewish is inconsequential.

Some more replies:

1. The same logic can be applied to other religions.

Never reject the Word of Allah, the Koran! (Or the Book of Mormon, or the I Ching, etc.)

Martin Luther King, Jr., a Christian leader, rejected the Koran and was shot to death!

(Fill in your list of other Christians who died young. Be sure to include some anti-Koran quotes.)

2. I don't reject the Word of God. I reject your word! God never told me He wrote the Bible!

There's much, much more that can be written about the opening post.

Frankly, I'm a Christian, and I find the opening post to be offensive, taking glee in the deaths of others, and attributing it to God. Yes, I'm Christian. I also happen to feel greatly saddened for the death of John Lennon, as just one example from the list, and it was a deeply mentally disturbed human being, and not God, that killed him, and I think it's a greater blasphemy to say God killed John Lennon then every blasphemy John Lennon ever said combined. And when John Lennon said, "Love is the answer," and, "All you need is love," he just happens to have echoed Christ's two greatest commandments.

So if there is any blasphemy here, it's in the post about "Mocking God" and it's horrible list.

Charlie
Re: Mocking God? by donnie(m): 10:45am On Jan 26, 2006
layi,

I really admire you for the strong arguments you have put up.

I heard a story about a talkshow where a christian and a non-christian were arguing about the reality of Jesus and the gospel on televison. The non-christian said all sorts of blasphemies.

At a point the christain got fed up and he said, "In the name of jesus, i command you to come out of him"

Immediately, the man who was busy speaking blasphemies began to manifest, shaking all about the place right before the cameras.

That is what we will be seeing in these last days...not much of talking without action.
Re: Mocking God? by KAG: 11:21am On Jan 26, 2006
donnie:

layi,

I heard a story about a talkshow where a christian and a non-christian were arguing about the reality of Jesus and the gospel on televison. The non-christian said all sorts of blasphemies.

At a point the christain got fed up and he said, "In the name of jesus, i command you to come out of him"

Immediately, the man who was busy speaking blasphemies began to manifest, shaking all about the place right before the cameras.

That is what we will be seeing in these last days...not much of talking without action.

Bollocks.
Re: Mocking God? by kaylala(m): 11:34am On Jan 26, 2006
when will ya all stop this arguements,what else have you been gaining?? angry
Re: Mocking God? by chrisd(m): 11:38am On Jan 26, 2006
Stories like that will dull your mind. One time some pentecostal said I was the devil. I never got shaking however wink wink wink wink kiss kiss kiss
Re: Mocking God? by kaylala(m): 11:43am On Jan 26, 2006
WHAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lipsrsealed

You mean,they reall called you the DEVIL

Hope you are not really wink
Re: Mocking God? by nferyn(m): 11:46am On Jan 26, 2006
KAG:

Bollocks.
The question is, who's bullocks are you talking about and how did they get there in the first place. I would even add that their very existence is evidence of a force beyond your understanding grin grin grin
See, that's what happens when you don't accept the truth and the light. Oh how sad your meaningless life really is grin grin grin grin
Re: Mocking God? by nferyn(m): 11:47am On Jan 26, 2006
kaylala:

WHAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lipsrsealed

You mean,they reall called you the DEVIL

Hope you are not really wink

Don't you know?
It's common knowledge that Catholics eat babies
Re: Mocking God? by CharlieV: 3:50pm On Jan 26, 2006
layi,

You seem to have great faith in this.. story.. that you heard.

If you have such great faith, why don't you give it a try? Then you can come back and tell everyone the results. Here's what you do:

1. Find an atheist willing to debate you publically.
2. Begin engaging him in debate.
3. While everyone is watching, say, "In the name of jesus, i command you to come out of him"

If you have the same results, you win!

Be sure to have someone video record the event.

I'm sure your faith is strong, so you need not be concerned with the rolling laughter in the audience should your attempt fail. Surely, a command in the name of Jesus cannot fail.

If it works, I think this would be a great way to eliminate crime! Get a bullhorn and drive around streets and cities saying, "In the name of Jesus, I command all evil spirits to come out of all people and depart quickly!"

We'll have a perfect planet in no time. tongue

Charlie
Re: Mocking God? by nferyn(m): 3:57pm On Jan 26, 2006
@ Charlie V & Donnie

I volonteer. Let me be the willing atheist for this experiment.
Re: Mocking God? by kaylala(m): 5:43pm On Jan 26, 2006
Charlie V,you are welcomed.
nferyn:

It's common knowledge that Catholics eat babies

How true can you be
Re: Mocking God? by Seun(m): 6:08am On Feb 06, 2006
"charly v":
3. While everyone is watching, say, "In the name of jesus, i command you to come out of him"

I'm sure your faith is strong, so you need not be concerned with the rolling laughter in the audience should your attempt fail.

You almost had me rolling on the floor with laughter. These stories that cannot be verified always seem to come up where miracles are being discussed. I will also like to volunteer for the experiment, though I'm first gonna have to read up about how to resist hypnotism and insulate my body from any unexpected electric shocks.
Re: Mocking God? by nicetohave(m): 11:54am On Feb 06, 2006
Charlie V:

You seem to have great faith in this.. story.. that you heard.

If you have such great faith, why don't you give it a try? Then you can come back and tell everyone the results. Here's what you do:

1. Find an atheist willing to debate you publically.
2. Begin engaging him in debate.

I'm sure your faith is strong, so you need not be concerned with the rolling laughter in the audience should your attempt fail. Surely, a command in the name of Jesus cannot fail.

If it works, I think this would be a great way to eliminate crime! Get a bullhorn and drive around streets and cities saying, "In the name of Jesus, I command all evil spirits to come out of all people and depart quickly!"

We'll have a perfect planet in no time. tongue

Charlie

How do you think your word came out? obviously you know nothing of what youre saying, what you said and how you said it is interesting!!! undecided

Seun:

You almost had me rolling on the floor with laughter. These stories that cannot be verified always seem to come up where miracles are being discussed. I will also like to volunteer for the experiment, though I'm first going to have to read up about how to resist hypnotism and insulate my body from any unexpected electric shocks.

This is more like foolish talk than sarcasm
Re: Mocking God? by Seun(m): 12:02pm On Feb 07, 2006
Nicetohave, you are now engaging in personal attacks?
Re: Mocking God? by demmy(m): 8:36pm On Feb 07, 2006
donnie:

layi,

Very very funny mythic world view. grin grin grin
Re: Mocking God? by nicetohave(m): 8:48pm On Feb 07, 2006
Seun:

Nicetohave, you are now engaging in personal attacks?

is that how you see it? I apologize, that is never my intent but to show you how empty your words are and also to show you your lack of standard, you who will hardly tolerate anyone saying anything amiss against someone's sexual orientation before deleting posts yet deem it fit to unbridlely show sarcasm for another's religious acts and beliefs, which to me is stronger than any sexual orientation/gratification.
Re: Mocking God? by ocelot: 3:15am On Feb 25, 2006
hey guys i really think there is a point we are missing here.
Firstly, thnx my dear christian people and atheists, nice conversation you got going on here Layi smiley. Let mexplain something

1. today in our world almost everything is based on reason,logic and every step requires a proof , everything is percieved in a 5-diamensional way (if i should put it that way)- based on the 5 major senses (sight, smell, taste, hearing, touch). Science has come to disprove miracles and logic to do away with faith.

2. it is not a debate but rather a fact to we (christians) that extraordinary things do happen (miracles are real) we will only end up rubbishing our faith if we try to define them based on the values the world has set for us , its too limited a tool to measure up with.science cannot measure faith. ITS IMPOSSIBLE.
i dont fight their views cos its not really their fault , its the limit of their perception and the variables and values they have set for themselves.

3. we christians who believe and know that these miracles happen actually operate one additional diamension the diamension beyond sound, sight, hearing, touch etc. WE OPERATE IN THE DIAMENSION OF FAITH. we have the power to "call forth the things that are nought as though they were".

4. We set values and standards higher than them. thats why they complain that christianity is difficult:
We say "no sex before marriage" , they say " lets test if we are sexually compatible"
We say "no to sin" , "they say there is nothing like sin" there is right and wrong depending on the situation or occassion.
they try to make the "christian walk" without the hurdles , they try to claim a prize they havent worked for.

5. How much more evidence do you need , look at the world today headed for total destruction because it has the wisdom to produce and create new potential hazards daily (the car,nuclear energy, the best war planes, genetically enginneered foods) etc. and the more we try to better our lives without the help or knowlege of God the worse it gets.

6. The founding fathers of a country like America (Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln etc.) believed and relied on God right from the creation of America. :and even if you compare America today with America then, the marked difference would be clearly seen with lower crime rates etc. When we kick out God from schools, we kick Him out of our lives and the very essence on which the foudations of the state of America was founded. Remember the American motto still remains: "IN GOD WE TRUST". WHY??

Think.smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bishop Abioye: Any Man Who Doesn't Show Commitment Financially Not Safe To Marry / Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion / 'Student Pastors Are The Biggest Scammers In Nigerian University' - Man Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.