Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,804 members, 7,841,121 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Motivation For Sim Card Registeration:punitive Or Compensatory - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Motivation For Sim Card Registeration:punitive Or Compensatory (572 Views)

NCC Fines MTN Nigeria N1.04trn For SIM Deactivation Default - The / Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS / Govt Should Pay For Sim Card Registration? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Motivation For Sim Card Registeration:punitive Or Compensatory by trekkie: 6:16pm On Jul 17, 2010
guys please give me your opinions cos i want to undertake a purely personal project and i want your opinions on this. the new directive by the fed. govt on sim card registeration just got tougher. now nbc has six months to deliver. but how do we get reluctant nigerians to do this? should the motivation be punitive that is without your registeration you cannot get other things or should it be monetary compensation i.e. if you register, you'll get x amount of naira. which would work sugar or vinegar to get the desired result. and what type of punishment if you are for punitive and what type of compensation if you are for that one. and do you think it can work at all?
Re: Motivation For Sim Card Registeration:punitive Or Compensatory by Ayowumie(m): 9:59am On Aug 27, 2010
The motivation should be compensatory thru appealing to the sense of judgement of Nigerians regarding the importance of registration. Nigerians are not that greedy as to be expecting money for every single civil responsibility. As it is, as far as am concerned, I CAN NEVA GO AND QUEUE FOR MORE THAN 5 MINUTES TO GET MY SIM REGISTERED. Time is precious and i can waste it trying to get a SIM registered but as time goes on, i will register it. I think it will only annoy many people, myself included, if the FGN or NCC gives an unrealistic deadline for the registration. As far as I know, the so called SIM registration is not part of good governance per se, it just to enable the govt track people and if the reason is politically inclined, it makes it easier to track and kill their political opponent. So what the hell?
Re: Motivation For Sim Card Registeration:punitive Or Compensatory by trekkie: 7:01pm On Sep 03, 2010
@ayo
i totally agree. time is the most precious thing i have and to squander it these days on sim card registeration is not just on my agenda. and do you know that the senators are exempt from this registration. i heard it myself said by the chairman on the committee for the registration.

(1) (Reply)

How Governors Rig Elections, By Donald Duke / Who Is Your 2011 Leader For Nigeria? / Jonathan Promises $3.5b Electrical Grid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.