Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,042 members, 7,825,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Buhari In Rivers For Inauguration Of New Terminal At Port Harcourt Airport - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari In Rivers For Inauguration Of New Terminal At Port Harcourt Airport (36675 Views)

Obidients Awaiting Peter Obi At Port Harcourt Airport (Videos & Pictures) / Lagos-Ibadan Highway For Inauguration Next Month — Federal Govt / Sanwo-Olu And Obafemi Hamzat Used Range Rover Sentinel Cars For Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari In Rivers For Inauguration Of New Terminal At Port Harcourt Airport by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 25, 2018
niyisky:
And they say this man is not working... cheesy
A contract of eighteen months lifespan that was awarded in 2013
Re: Buhari In Rivers For Inauguration Of New Terminal At Port Harcourt Airport by Allison012: 3:33pm On Oct 25, 2018
lemme me ask o.

is this Airport Terminal in P/harcourt.?

Maintainance Na Wahala.
Re: Buhari In Rivers For Inauguration Of New Terminal At Port Harcourt Airport by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 25, 2018
mrvitalis:

Provide prove Jonathan provided 100% funding and earn 50k from me

Or u keep shut
Nah so una dey talk as if you can provide proof you have ever gifted N50k in your life
Re: Buhari In Rivers For Inauguration Of New Terminal At Port Harcourt Airport by Ilamina(f): 3:36pm On Oct 25, 2018
I saw better in Dubai
Re: Buhari In Rivers For Inauguration Of New Terminal At Port Harcourt Airport by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 25, 2018
Abjay97:
With regards to international standards.. this airrport is poor
At least Google maps can locate it
Re: Buhari In Rivers For Inauguration Of New Terminal At Port Harcourt Airport by overlord77: 3:37pm On Oct 25, 2018
niyisky:
And they say this man is not working... cheesy

Bro, it is a good thing to see good and say it. This is nice.

However, the project is not half complete, all this rushing to commission is just cos elections are around the corner. I stay in PH and use that airport regularly, trust me, it's not half complete, this is just one wing, hence the repeated photos.

We should not be fooled by these politicians and their gimmicks
Re: Buhari In Rivers For Inauguration Of New Terminal At Port Harcourt Airport by BabaAduras: 3:38pm On Oct 25, 2018
tesppidd:

"Thank you GEJ for providing 100% funding"

Wow, God will forever bless Jonathan.

So he used his money to build us such a world class airport?

Wow!

No president has ever done such for Nigeria.

Using his personal funds for the sake of a nation.

And here is was thinking the project was funded by the federal government!

Kudos GEJ.

The Question is, if GEJ provided all the funding in 2013, why was the project not completed within agreed contractual window? I know for sure this project started well before 2013 when the airport was closed and all flights were diverted to Owerri Airport.

1 Like

Re: Buhari In Rivers For Inauguration Of New Terminal At Port Harcourt Airport by drmuri(m): 3:40pm On Oct 25, 2018
JudasNaCarrot:
Buhari always cutting tape on another man's initiated projects.

Initiate your own....no way!

Clueless and dullard President.
it is better to complete abandoned projects than start another batch of projects

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari In Rivers For Inauguration Of New Terminal At Port Harcourt Airport by rusher14: 3:44pm On Oct 25, 2018
thunderfirebuha:
Why have APC and Amaechi been hiding the outside view of the SAID world class renovations done to the PH airport

APC should show us the outside view....before ...we....

Here it is.

Satisfied?

Re: Buhari In Rivers For Inauguration Of New Terminal At Port Harcourt Airport by rusher14: 3:45pm On Oct 25, 2018
overlord77:

Bro, it is a good thing to see good and say it. This is nice.

However, the project is not half complete, all this rushing to commission is just cos elections are around the corner. I stay in PH and use that airport regularly, trust me, it's not half complete, this is just one wing, hence the repeated photos.

We should not be fooled by these politicians and their gimmicks

You use this international airport regularly to do what?
Re: Buhari In Rivers For Inauguration Of New Terminal At Port Harcourt Airport by nilokedelu: 3:49pm On Oct 25, 2018
Enhance your website security. Let's Manage Your Website So You Can Focus On Growing Your Business

Do you have a business website, E-commerce, Multi-level Marketing Website, Web Blog or other types of brand website and you want it maintained regularly and professionally while you focus on your business?

CONTACT US NOW TO GET YOUR WEBSITE SUPERCHARGED!

Re: Buhari In Rivers For Inauguration Of New Terminal At Port Harcourt Airport by jonneljonn(m): 3:51pm On Oct 25, 2018
what was the need for the president to come and commission a project he didn't initiate ??which project has buhari initiated in the south since he came to power
Re: Buhari In Rivers For Inauguration Of New Terminal At Port Harcourt Airport by Okrikacity: 3:52pm On Oct 25, 2018
jamace:
How many of the politicians has Buhari, as the chief security officer of Nigeria, arrested and prosecuted?
So the politicians kill the villagers and the fulanis move in to occupy the land, abi? Be wise, bro.

Be wise. Lol but you plan to vote in another Fulani man abi. Now tell me whats the difference
Re: Buhari In Rivers For Inauguration Of New Terminal At Port Harcourt Airport by jonneljonn(m): 3:52pm On Oct 25, 2018
[color=#770077]what was the need for the president to come and commission a project he didn't initiate ??which project has buhari initiated[color=#770077][/co in the south since he came to power??
Re: Buhari In Rivers For Inauguration Of New Terminal At Port Harcourt Airport by jonneljonn(m): 3:53pm On Oct 25, 2018
what was the need for the president to come and commission a project he didn't initiate ??which project has buhari initiated in the south since he came to power??
Re: Buhari In Rivers For Inauguration Of New Terminal At Port Harcourt Airport by kfasian: 3:53pm On Oct 25, 2018
See the proof here. Please send my 50k

https://www.nairaland.com/4789078/apc-lie-busted-port-harcourt

A topic on the frontpage claiming PH international Airport as an APC/Buhari project is nothing but false.

The Upgrade of PH international airport was a project awarded in 2013 by the federal government under former President Goodluck Jonathan. The contract was for the remodelling and building of international airport terminals in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kano and Enugu on a ‘Built, Operate and Transfer’ (BOT) basis, financed by Chinese EXIM Bank but with counterpart funds from Nigeria.

The FGN's obligation as part of this partnership was to provide $100 million counterpart funding which GEJ paid before he left office.

Like other projects, Buhari is laying claim and taking credit for a project he personal had no input in.

Here is a post by dailypost in 2016 when Adesoun tried to claim that the counterpart funding for this project had not being paid.

The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has lambasted the Minister of Finance, Ms. Kemi Adeosun for denying that Nigeria has paid its own part of the Airport Terminal counterpart funding of $100 million.

The party said contrary to the statement credited to Adeosun, who spoke in a television programme, Sunrise, on Tuesday, the federal government under former President Goodluck Jonathan awarded a contract for the remodelling and building of international airport terminals in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kano and Enugu on a ‘Built, Operate and Transfer’ (BOT) basis, financed by Chinese EXIM Bank but with counterpart funds from Nigeria.

Deputy Senate President, while speaking at plenary yesterday on the economy, suggested that Kemi Adeosun be assigned to another ministry to give way to a more competent person because of the situation at hand.

A statement issued Wednesday by the PDP National Publicity Secretary, Prince Dayo Adeyeye, described Adeosun’s statement as just one of the many lies consistently peddled by the All Progressives Congress, APC, disregarding and denying all the obvious achievements of the 16 years of PDP era and collective successes of Nigerians

“Once again, our attention has been drawn to a statement made by the Minister of Finance, Ms. Kemi Adeosun, during the Channels Television Live Programme, ‘Sunrise Daily’ of Tuesday, in which she stated that, ‘Nigeria has not paid the airport terminal counterpart funding of $100 million….’

“This information like many of her previous statements is: false, misleading, malicious and was deliberately made with the intention of blackmailing previous PDP led administration which have been the hallmark of the APC government.

“We are pained that the APC under Buhari is bent on sacrificing our hard earned democracy on the slab of falsehood by consistently disregarding and denying all the obvious achievements of the 16 years of PDP era and collective successes of Nigerians. Why is that?

“You will recall that the former President, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, in 2014, awarded the contract of remodelling and building of international airport terminals in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kano and Enugu on a BOT basis, financed by Chinese EXIM Bank with counterpart funds from Nigeria. The contract total sum was $500 million with counterpart funding of $100 million from Nigeria.

“The fact of the matter is that, Nigeria paid her own sum of $100 million on the 29th of January 2014 through the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) at the beginning of the projects.

“You will also recall that the Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Aviation, Hajiya Binta Bello, corroborated our position during her interview with THISDAY Newspaper on September 14, 2015, where she stated: ‘Finance was not an impediment, and Nigeria government counterpart funding of $100 million has been paid at the commencement of the projects.

“She went further to assert that the projects would be completed and delivered at the first quarter of 2016.

“In the light of the above, the claim by the Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun is not only standing the truth on its head but depicting the habitual lies and deceit the APC is known for.

“For the record, the previous PDP government entered into an agreement with the Chinese government to construct terminals in five airports, and in January 2014, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) wrote the Debt Management Office informing them of effecting the Payment of $100Million to the Chinese Firm, CECC which was remitted as directed by the CBN. In another thought, could it be that this needless confusion from the Minister regarding the already Paid Fund is to represent the Voucher again for payment?

“It is however unfortunate that a minister that is expected to know better on this matter would deliberately deceive the public in order to continue scoring cheap political points.

“To this end, we want to further advice the APC-led administration to concentrate on governance and stop deceiving Nigerians with their constant lies. What the people of this country need in this period of harsh economic recession is not meaningless and misguided lamentations from a government of the so called “Change” but good governance demonstrated by at least providing food on their table.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/09/22/pdp-blasts-adeosun-airport-remodelling-payment-jonathan/
Re: Buhari In Rivers For Inauguration Of New Terminal At Port Harcourt Airport by Tywo2018: 3:55pm On Oct 25, 2018
Lagos Airport is nothing to write home,I swear.
Re: Buhari In Rivers For Inauguration Of New Terminal At Port Harcourt Airport by jamace(m): 3:59pm On Oct 25, 2018
Okrikacity:

Be wise. Lol but you plan to vote in another Fulani man abi. Now tell me whats the difference
Have you heard Atiku make inflammatory religious, political and ethnic statements? NO! But with Buhari, he has made many. You know the statements

Buhari is an embodiment of extremism while Atiku is a moderate muslim.
Re: Buhari In Rivers For Inauguration Of New Terminal At Port Harcourt Airport by Okrikacity: 4:01pm On Oct 25, 2018
jamace:
Have you heard Atiku make inflammatory religious, political and ethnic statements? NO! But with Buhari, he has made many. You know the statements

Buhari is an embodiment of extremism while Atiku is a moderate muslim.

Forget that nonsense bro.. A Fulani man is a Fulani man Simple.

1 Like

Re: Buhari In Rivers For Inauguration Of New Terminal At Port Harcourt Airport by BubuZombi: 4:02pm On Oct 25, 2018
oilPUSSY:
Goodluck Jonathan started this project and the he's not owing any contractor before Buhari came to Power in 2015.
I don't know why Buhari is taking credit of what he didn't initiate or paid for.
God will punish anybody who's taking glory that belongs to someone else.

The continuity,

It takes a great leader to do such
Re: Buhari In Rivers For Inauguration Of New Terminal At Port Harcourt Airport by wealthpin: 4:05pm On Oct 25, 2018
mrvitalis:

Or u keep shut

Do you even have the #50k in ur account?
Braggart!
Re: Buhari In Rivers For Inauguration Of New Terminal At Port Harcourt Airport by mrvitalis(m): 4:06pm On Oct 25, 2018
wealthpin:

Do you even have the #50k in ur account?
Braggart!
Lol maybe, maybe not
Re: Buhari In Rivers For Inauguration Of New Terminal At Port Harcourt Airport by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 25, 2018
Okrikacity:

Forget that nonsense bro.. A Fulani man is a Fulani man Simple.

I don't think so bro. Atiku is obviously a liberal Muslim with a cosmopolitan outlook. You have to give him that.

Meanwhile, #istandwithbuharitill2023
Re: Buhari In Rivers For Inauguration Of New Terminal At Port Harcourt Airport by olajizz01(m): 4:11pm On Oct 25, 2018
oilPUSSY:
Goodluck Jonathan started this project and the he's not owing any contractor before Buhari came to Power in 2015.
I don't know why Buhari is taking credit of what he didn't initiate or paid for.
You better shut up,we have had enough of this rubbish, you should be ashamed that your useless and slowpoke Gej didn't complete any project within the period of 6yrs,mad people in their hell.
Re: Buhari In Rivers For Inauguration Of New Terminal At Port Harcourt Airport by chinedumoooo: 4:17pm On Oct 25, 2018
Best president in the history of nigeria,talkless and deliver more and more dividends of democracy without discrimination.
Re: Buhari In Rivers For Inauguration Of New Terminal At Port Harcourt Airport by mechanics(m): 4:19pm On Oct 25, 2018
Emmyloaded:
Good. This is the kind of government we need in this country.

Talk and Do government.
Okwueme Government
Yes o, I feel you bro.
Re: Buhari In Rivers For Inauguration Of New Terminal At Port Harcourt Airport by olajizz01(m): 4:20pm On Oct 25, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

I don't think so bro. Atiku is obviously a liberal Muslim with a cosmopolitan outlook. You have to give him that.

Meanwhile, #istandwithbuharitill2023
Liberal Muslim my foot,Fulani will ever be fulani,show us where Atiku condemn the senseless killing that is going on in the country, the only statement I heard from Atiku was that "genocide is going on in Taraba and they are about to extinct Fulani from the state."
Re: Buhari In Rivers For Inauguration Of New Terminal At Port Harcourt Airport by Biingoo: 4:29pm On Oct 25, 2018
mrvitalis:
Or u keep shut
Zombie!
Re: Buhari In Rivers For Inauguration Of New Terminal At Port Harcourt Airport by nijabazaar: 4:34pm On Oct 25, 2018
triplec93:
point out the supposed standard, some people are so negative not to appreciate a beautiful thing, i neither love Buhari nor Jonathan, but this is beauty itself.

Biko that thing is not beauty....its basic maintenance infrastructure.

Have u seen Mauritius' or all the four airports in South Africa?

There is architectural and 2019 technology at work and not this....
Re: Buhari In Rivers For Inauguration Of New Terminal At Port Harcourt Airport by goslowgoslow(m): 4:35pm On Oct 25, 2018
oilPUSSY:
Just the way God will punish Wike for taking the glory that belongs to Amaechi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

7-Year-Old Daniel Olutope Is Ekiti Governor For One Day As Fayemi Steps Aside / Terrorists Release Train Passenger Shot In Captivity, Four Others / Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.