Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Port Harcourt Airport Named ‘Worst Airport In The World 2015' [Throwback] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Port Harcourt Airport Named ‘Worst Airport In The World 2015' [Throwback] (24877 Views)

Worst Airport In Nigeria? Pictures / Buhari Attended Churches In 2015 (Throwback Photos) / Atiku Campaigned For Buhari To Defeat Jonathan In 2015 (Throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Port Harcourt Airport Named ‘Worst Airport In The World 2015' [Throwback] by kahal29: 7:44pm On Oct 25, 2018
While Changi International Airport, Singapore, was named the best, Port Harcourt International Airport was named the worst international airport in the world for the year 2015.

Of the 10 worst international airports in the world, the Nigerian airport was the only African airport on the list.

In a report published by CNNMoney and released by The Guide to Sleeping in Airports – an internationally respected travel website – the other airports on the list were from Asia, Europe and the Middle East.

The survey, which had qualifying responses from 26,297 well-travelled respondents, put Cape Town International Airport, South Africa, as the best airport on the continent.

According to the survey, the Nigerian airport is riddled with unpleasant and unhelpful staff, alleged corruption, a severe lack of seating, broken air-conditioning and the fact that the arrivals hall is loacted inside a tent.

The website said the good news, however, is that “some areas of the terminal have been recently renovated, meaning you can expect actual walls, floors and windows. Though it is a far cry from reasonable, improvements are being made.”

Here are the worst and best airports in the world for 2015, according to the report:

WORST AIRPORTS OF 2015

1. Port Harcourt International Airport (Nigeria)

2. King Abdulaziz International Airport (Jeddah, Saudi Arabia)

3. Tribhuvan International Airport (Kathmandu, Nepal)

4. Tashkent International Airport (Uzbekistan)

5. Simon Bolivar International Airport (Caracas, Venezuela)

6. Toussaint Louverture International Airport (Port au Prince, Haiti)

7. Hamid Karzai International Airport (Kabul, Afghanistan)

8. Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam)

9. Benazir Bhutto International Airport (Islamabad, Pakistan)

10. Beauvais-Tille International Airport (Paris)

Best International Airport for 2015

BEST AIRPORTS OF 2015

1. Changi International Airport (Singapore)

2. Incheon International Airport (Seoul, South Korea)

3. Haneda International Airport (Tokyo, Japan)

4. Taoyuan International Airport (Taipei, Taiwan)

5. Hong Kong International Airport

6. Munich International Airport (Germany)

7. Helsinki International Airport (Finland)

8. Vancouver International Airport (Canada)

9. Kuala Lumpur International Airport (Malaysia)

10. Kloten International Airport (Zurich, Switzerland)

https://www.thecable.ng/port-harcourt-international-airport-named-worst-in-the-world

Today the story has Changed

9 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Named ‘Worst Airport In The World 2015' [Throwback] by princdebola201(m): 7:46pm On Oct 25, 2018
the idiotic pdp spokesperson claimed it was an eldorado,before buhari comissioned it

78 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Named ‘Worst Airport In The World 2015' [Throwback] by hisgrace090: 7:52pm On Oct 25, 2018
It"s a disgrace before!

Formally a wast bin.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Named ‘Worst Airport In The World 2015' [Throwback] by EvilMetahuman: 7:57pm On Oct 25, 2018
Pdp?
Never again.

Only insane kids or people with short memory or brain damaged will want those accursed pdp people back.

86 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Named ‘Worst Airport In The World 2015' [Throwback] by EricBloodAxe: 8:01pm On Oct 25, 2018
Zombies above typing trash. Buhari and Apc will fail woefully come 2019. Never again will Nigerians vote a lifeless president and a useless party like APC to control the affairs of Nigeria again.
As for the zombie below me, better learn a trade or go back to farming because come 2019, The Atikulates will ensure your lifeless master returns to his farm to tend to his 150 gay cows in the outskirts of Daura.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Named ‘Worst Airport In The World 2015' [Throwback] by EvilMetahuman: 8:03pm On Oct 25, 2018
mor0n above me typing trash.

I hope you are ready to lick cownu's urine again after you have failed to athiefkuloot

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Named ‘Worst Airport In The World 2015' [Throwback] by vedaxcool(m): 8:03pm On Oct 25, 2018
Only mentally unstable, unintelligent lazy freeloaders will insist that an airport which looked more like a glorified emergency ward for flee infested pigs than an actual airport was handed to PMB completed and was a project completed by PDP.

59 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Named ‘Worst Airport In The World 2015' [Throwback] by seanfer(m): 8:32pm On Oct 25, 2018
EricBloodAxe:
Zombies above typing trash. Buhari and Apc will fail woefully come 2019. Never again will Nigerians vote a lifeless president and a useless party like APC to control the affairs of Nigerians again.

Before you call them Zombie can you truly answer if truly the Airport is not worst in the world during the period your PDP was in power?

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Named ‘Worst Airport In The World 2015' [Throwback] by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 25, 2018
PBM lekan si

2019 is sure

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Named ‘Worst Airport In The World 2015' [Throwback] by overall90: 8:39pm On Oct 25, 2018
seanfer:

Before you call them Zombie can you truly answer if truly the Airport is not worst in the world during the period your PDP was in power?

because then there was a lot of construction going on so they have to make us of canopies to process passengers and cargo making the place look disorganized.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Named ‘Worst Airport In The World 2015' [Throwback] by seanfer(m): 9:36pm On Oct 25, 2018
overall90:

because then there was a lot of construction going on so they have to make us of canopies to process passengers and cargo making the place look disorganized.

I live in PH and I go to that airport weekly I can tell you that What we had was glorified Car Park as Airport

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Named ‘Worst Airport In The World 2015' [Throwback] by overall90: 12:26am On Oct 26, 2018
seanfer:

I live in PH and I go to that airport weekly I can tell you that What we had was glorified Car Park as Airport

I'm not here to play politics.I'm only explaining to you why the airport was rated as such.that airport was small and looked old and had even suffered a fire incident some times 2006. then during Gej and Stella Odua time,a contract was awarded for the remodeling and expansion of the airport.because the entire domestic and international wings were closed.they have to improvise by erecting canopies and shacks here and there.it was in that state that airport was rated the worst.also note that the domestic wing have long been completed and in use since 2014 while work is on going at the international wing.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Named ‘Worst Airport In The World 2015' [Throwback] by kahal29: 4:45am On Oct 26, 2018
overall90:

I'm not here to play politics.I'm only explaining to you why the airport was rated as such.that airport was small and looked old and had even suffered a fire incident some times 2006. then during Gej and Stella Odua time,a contract was awarded for the remodeling and expansion of the airport.because the entire domestic and international wings were closed.they have to improvise by erecting canopies and shacks here and there.it was in that state that airport was rated the worst.also note that the domestic wing have long been completed and in use since 2014 while work is on going at the international wing.

Really?

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Named ‘Worst Airport In The World 2015' [Throwback] by engineerboat(m): 5:10am On Oct 26, 2018
kahal29:

Really?

Did you take time to read the whole story

If you have done you will have seen this in your said news.

The website said the good news, however, is that “some areas of the terminal have been recently renovated, meaning you can expect actual walls, floors and windows. Though it is a far cry from reasonable, improvements are being made.”

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Named ‘Worst Airport In The World 2015' [Throwback] by engineerboat(m): 5:10am On Oct 26, 2018
Zombies always looking like their named

4 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Named ‘Worst Airport In The World 2015' [Throwback] by Nobody: 6:22am On Oct 26, 2018
It was under construction

Zombies should try harder

undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Named ‘Worst Airport In The World 2015' [Throwback] by BruncleZuma: 6:22am On Oct 26, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Port Harcourt Airport Named ‘Worst Airport In The World 2015' [Throwback] by biztip: 6:22am On Oct 26, 2018
let them also claim d hardship Nigerians re suffering too

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Named ‘Worst Airport In The World 2015' [Throwback] by AdonaiAluminium: 6:22am On Oct 26, 2018
Then the contact awarded and paid for by PDP was yet to be completed,

Contact us for all Your roofing Jobs, water collector systems, insulated roofing sheets and panels, roof maintenance services etc

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Named ‘Worst Airport In The World 2015' [Throwback] by educhigo: 6:25am On Oct 26, 2018
even after the renovate is still look like police station in china,and this thieves stole billions for this shit call international airport,nigerians wake up

4 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Named ‘Worst Airport In The World 2015' [Throwback] by boss1310(m): 6:25am On Oct 26, 2018
I was watching it on TV and the people were behaving like servants who are seeing their master,in Africa we see those in government as above us in contrast to the civilised countries we try to imitate

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Named ‘Worst Airport In The World 2015' [Throwback] by Monaco2(m): 6:26am On Oct 26, 2018
From one to five are Asian countries..... Among the ten best airport in the world, six are in Asia... Those guys are taking over when it comes to things like this. They are just the best

6 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Named ‘Worst Airport In The World 2015' [Throwback] by candygist: 6:26am On Oct 26, 2018
overall90:

Oya clap for your self

6 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Named ‘Worst Airport In The World 2015' [Throwback] by davodyguy: 6:27am On Oct 26, 2018
I can attest to HND airport in Tokyo, Japan.

It's a very great airport just like O'R Thambo airport in South Africa and Dubai Airport.

My fear about Hong Kong International Airport is that, it's too close to water

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Named ‘Worst Airport In The World 2015' [Throwback] by Crystalvivi: 6:28am On Oct 26, 2018
Congratulations... But daura is still your last bus stop

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Named ‘Worst Airport In The World 2015' [Throwback] by davodyguy: 6:29am On Oct 26, 2018
educhigo:
even after the renovate is still look like police station in china,and this thieves stole billions for this shit call international airport,nigerians wake up
if anyone stole, it's under gej. Didn't you supporters of Gej say that the correct was paid for 100% by GEJ and Buhari only supervised completion?

If we're to believe you, tell us who stole billions

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Named ‘Worst Airport In The World 2015' [Throwback] by rusher14: 6:29am On Oct 26, 2018
overall90:

For 16 years , PDP ignored an international airport until it became the butt of all jokes.

Dunderheads wish to tell us how this is normal in other parts of the world.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Named ‘Worst Airport In The World 2015' [Throwback] by pawesome(m): 6:30am On Oct 26, 2018
EvilMetahuman:
Pdp?
Never again.

Only insane kids or people with short memory or brain damaged will want those accursed pdp people back.
and PDP paid for the airport....

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Named ‘Worst Airport In The World 2015' [Throwback] by MrAJQ(m): 6:31am On Oct 26, 2018
PDP? God forbid.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Named ‘Worst Airport In The World 2015' [Throwback] by Gossiplover: 6:31am On Oct 26, 2018
That one dey naa
Re: Port Harcourt Airport Named ‘Worst Airport In The World 2015' [Throwback] by rusher14: 6:32am On Oct 26, 2018
maybachmusic:
It was under construction

Zombies should try harder

undecided

So other governments wait till their airports look like shalanga ?

Are you trying to normalize what PDP did for 16 years as what happens everywhere around the world?

May your offsprings receive the PDP treatment of that airport.

Amen.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Airport Named ‘Worst Airport In The World 2015' [Throwback] by aku626(m): 6:38am On Oct 26, 2018
If PDP has God as a candidate some people would still say never again. Same applies on the flip side

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No Completed Federal Project In Pdp’s 16 Years Reign – Osinbajo / PDP Recalls Senators To Abuja / More Pictures, As Buhari Campaigns In Taraba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.