Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Olawepo-hashim Emerges Third Force Presidential Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olawepo-hashim Emerges Third Force Presidential Candidate (12728 Views)

Third Force Movement Finally Endorses Atiku / Olawepo Hashim Emerges Flagbearer Of Third Force Coalition (video) / 2019: Third Force Political Parties Unite, Come Up With Plan To Defeat Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olawepo-hashim Emerges Third Force Presidential Candidate by mrakeli62: 4:19am On Oct 26, 2018
Business Mogul and frontline Presidential CAN, Mr., Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim has consolidated his presidential bid with his emergence at the weekend as a third force presidential candidate in prime position to challenge the duo of President Mohammadu Buhari of the All Progressive Congress (APC) and Alhaji Atiku Abubakar of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP).

Olawepo-Hashim running on the platform of the People’s Trust (PT) had earlier won the party’s presidential ticket following a fusion of over ten political parties, including the Olisa Agbakoba lead National Intervention Movement (NIM). His name has since been submitted to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

Reliable sources have also confirmed that more parties are likely to fuss into the growing alliance, following a new zeal to join forces against the duo of President Buhari and Alhaji Abubakar, in what will give a lie to the impression that next year’s election is a two horse race.

The growing integration of the third force includes the majority of members of the moribund Alliance for New Nigeria (ANN), even though a tiny fraction of the party still went ahead and presented a presidential candidate.

The Middle-Belt Forum had earlier shortlisted Olawepo-Hashim among four of its prominent indigenes as likely presidential candidates to represent the region in next year’s presidential poll

Others who had made the list were a former Minister of Information, Prof. Jerry Gana; former Deputy Governor of the Central Bank, Dr. Obadiah Mailafia; and former Plateau State Governor, Senator Jonah Jang, amongst a dozen candidates that went through the rigorous screening.

Chaired by Air Commodore Dan Suleiman, the panel reportedly shortlisted Olawepo-Hashim, the youngest amongst the four, for his deep knowledge of the economy arising from his successful business endeavours, spanning the breadth of oil and gas , power, communications and marketing.

The businessman’s urbane and cerebral qualities partly reflected in his feats in the University of Lagos and the Buckingham University where he was best student in his cohort, winning the MaxBerlof Award for Global affairs were also advantages.

The first elected National Deputy Publicity Secretary of the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Olawepo-Hashim, the youngest of the aspirants screened, is seen as a potential force from the Middle-Belt region, good enough to attract first-time voters on the national voter register numbering over fifteen million apart from potential voters from the region and elsewhere.

Other than this are his pro-democracy credentials beginning from his University of Lagos days and growing into his real life experiences, leading to his recognition as Amnesty International Prisoner of Conscience in 1989.

Detribalized with strong bridge-building credentials, his international exposure additionally appealed to the eighteen-member screening committee, spread across fourteen Middle-Belt states.

Aside Commodore Dan Suleiman, who is former military administrator and one- time Nigerian envoy to Russia, other personalities on the then screening panel included former Adjutant-General of the Nigerian Army, Major-General Zamani Lekwot, former Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen Ishaya Bamaiyi, former Governor of old Gongola State, Mr. Wilberforce Juta, former Governor of old Kwara State, Chief Cornelius Adebayo, Mr. Sam Ada Maagbe and Chief John Odakun.

https://www.akelicious.net/2018/10/olawepo-hashim-emerges-third-force.html

1 Like

Re: Olawepo-hashim Emerges Third Force Presidential Candidate by otokx(m): 4:23am On Oct 26, 2018
Jokers

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawepo-hashim Emerges Third Force Presidential Candidate by bankyblue(m): 4:50am On Oct 26, 2018
Yeye

2 Likes

Re: Olawepo-hashim Emerges Third Force Presidential Candidate by kenbee(f): 2:45pm On Oct 26, 2018
Even the APC governors are now OBIDIENTLY ATIKULATING. If Na lie, ask Rochas & Amosun.
while you are talking about Third World ko Third force ni.

8 Likes

Re: Olawepo-hashim Emerges Third Force Presidential Candidate by chloride6: 2:47pm On Oct 26, 2018
Event: 2019 General Elections - Olawepo-Hashim

Market: Over/Under 50,000

Over 1.98 Under 1.77

grin grin grin grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawepo-hashim Emerges Third Force Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 26, 2018
them just wan chop him change
Re: Olawepo-hashim Emerges Third Force Presidential Candidate by ossaisly(m): 2:47pm On Oct 26, 2018
And what is making him a third force? Any convincing reply?
Re: Olawepo-hashim Emerges Third Force Presidential Candidate by timijoseph01(m): 2:48pm On Oct 26, 2018
Joker..
Btw IPHONE 8 PLUS FOR SALE..
Contact via Signature
Re: Olawepo-hashim Emerges Third Force Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 26, 2018
Time wasters. U expect northerners to vote u over atiku or pmb. Sir u are mad

1 Like

Re: Olawepo-hashim Emerges Third Force Presidential Candidate by Onlinealaba(m): 2:49pm On Oct 26, 2018
lol, Third force or vote splitters they should just Atikulate and stop forming God knows what.

check my siggy, get your electronics, SMART TVs and sound bars at affordable rate,payment on delivery, BUY4ME services available too with POD option.

2 Likes

Re: Olawepo-hashim Emerges Third Force Presidential Candidate by HRtechnique: 2:52pm On Oct 26, 2018
WHO ARE WE GOING TO VOTE FOR NOW?

I wish there was really someone more qualified than those duo who are recycled.

1 Like

Re: Olawepo-hashim Emerges Third Force Presidential Candidate by Princedapace(m): 2:54pm On Oct 26, 2018
yeyerolling:
Time wasters. U expect northerners to vote u over atiku or pmb. Sir u are mad

Is Nigeria's election all about Northerners?

We are indirectly encouraging those guys to keep producing kids without education, all in the name of winning election..

Na all of us go suffer am las las.. Nonsense country

3 Likes

Re: Olawepo-hashim Emerges Third Force Presidential Candidate by Maxymilliano(m): 2:56pm On Oct 26, 2018
How many times will he emerge as Presidential candidate ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olawepo-hashim Emerges Third Force Presidential Candidate by cooldipo(m): 2:56pm On Oct 26, 2018
Third force shocked
Re: Olawepo-hashim Emerges Third Force Presidential Candidate by mikaael(m): 2:57pm On Oct 26, 2018
chloride6:
Event: 2019 General Elections - Olawepo-Hashim

Market: Over/Under 50,000

Over 1.98 Under 1.77

grin grin grin grin grin

Mehn....u go dey bet for dream o
Re: Olawepo-hashim Emerges Third Force Presidential Candidate by HomeOfMe(f): 2:57pm On Oct 26, 2018
Who is this one? From where to where? O I guess,apc wants to use him to split pdp's votes. This is the first time I'm knowing him. So if at all I'm going to vote,I'd reither vote apc or pdp Instead of wasting my vote on an inconsequencial candidate.

1 Like

Re: Olawepo-hashim Emerges Third Force Presidential Candidate by OsuMustGo: 3:00pm On Oct 26, 2018
otokx:
Jokers
shut up
Re: Olawepo-hashim Emerges Third Force Presidential Candidate by phase1: 3:13pm On Oct 26, 2018
Humourous time-wasters!

grin grin grin
Re: Olawepo-hashim Emerges Third Force Presidential Candidate by Teaser4(m): 3:14pm On Oct 26, 2018
this one wey no fit win his polling unit...I bet my balls say he no fit see 5k votes. jokers
Re: Olawepo-hashim Emerges Third Force Presidential Candidate by codoxira: 3:21pm On Oct 26, 2018
Not Only On Konga & Jumia! Your Website Can Also Have Payment Gateway Checkout System

Online payment can be used by almost any business, ranging from e-commerce websites to course organizers wanting to get attendees pay for the course fee online, or even charity organizations to get donations online

Why don't you contact us now and turn your website into a Shopping destination?

CONTACT US TO GET STARTED NOW!

Re: Olawepo-hashim Emerges Third Force Presidential Candidate by hammedkola(m): 3:22pm On Oct 26, 2018
All this media propanganda not gonna sell this man...I don't know him. angry
Re: Olawepo-hashim Emerges Third Force Presidential Candidate by symbianDON(m): 3:23pm On Oct 26, 2018
see the problem with our youths?? they prefer two very old and expired failures to a young, fresh hand with newer ideas. tomorrow you will hear them wailing upandan.

3 Likes

Re: Olawepo-hashim Emerges Third Force Presidential Candidate by pkang: 3:24pm On Oct 26, 2018
Great News.

I hope he won't step down for.......

I am Atikulating Sha.
Re: Olawepo-hashim Emerges Third Force Presidential Candidate by sleek214(m): 3:27pm On Oct 26, 2018
3rd force ni, 4th force ko
Re: Olawepo-hashim Emerges Third Force Presidential Candidate by koolbe(m): 3:27pm On Oct 26, 2018
The man is a scammer. He's been kicked out of ANN and went ahead to buy d candidacy of PT.
Re: Olawepo-hashim Emerges Third Force Presidential Candidate by nwanwaoge(m): 3:42pm On Oct 26, 2018
mrakeli62:
Business Mogul and frontline Presidential CAN, Mr., Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim has consolidated his presidential bid with his emergence at the weekend as a third force presidential candidate in prime position to challenge the duo of President Mohammadu Buhari of the All Progressive Congress (APC) and Alhaji Atiku Abubakar of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP).

Olawepo-Hashim running on the platform of the People’s Trust (PT) had earlier won the party’s presidential ticket following a fusion of over ten political parties, including the Olisa Agbakoba lead National Intervention Movement (NIM). His name has since been submitted to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

Reliable sources have also confirmed that more parties are likely to fuss into the growing alliance, following a new zeal to join forces against the duo of President Buhari and Alhaji Abubakar, in what will give a lie to the impression that next year’s election is a two horse race.

The growing integration of the third force includes the majority of members of the moribund Alliance for New Nigeria (ANN), even though a tiny fraction of the party still went ahead and presented a presidential candidate.

The Middle-Belt Forum had earlier shortlisted Olawepo-Hashim among four of its prominent indigenes as likely presidential candidates to represent the region in next year’s presidential poll

Others who had made the list were a former Minister of Information, Prof. Jerry Gana; former Deputy Governor of the Central Bank, Dr. Obadiah Mailafia; and former Plateau State Governor, Senator Jonah Jang, amongst a dozen candidates that went through the rigorous screening.

Chaired by Air Commodore Dan Suleiman, the panel reportedly shortlisted Olawepo-Hashim, the youngest amongst the four, for his deep knowledge of the economy arising from his successful business endeavours, spanning the breadth of oil and gas , power, communications and marketing.

The businessman’s urbane and cerebral qualities partly reflected in his feats in the University of Lagos and the Buckingham University where he was best student in his cohort, winning the MaxBerlof Award for Global affairs were also advantages.

The first elected National Deputy Publicity Secretary of the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Olawepo-Hashim, the youngest of the aspirants screened, is seen as a potential force from the Middle-Belt region, good enough to attract first-time voters on the national voter register numbering over fifteen million apart from potential voters from the region and elsewhere.

Other than this are his pro-democracy credentials beginning from his University of Lagos days and growing into his real life experiences, leading to his recognition as Amnesty International Prisoner of Conscience in 1989.

Detribalized with strong bridge-building credentials, his international exposure additionally appealed to the eighteen-member screening committee, spread across fourteen Middle-Belt states.

Aside Commodore Dan Suleiman, who is former military administrator and one- time Nigerian envoy to Russia, other personalities on the then screening panel included former Adjutant-General of the Nigerian Army, Major-General Zamani Lekwot, former Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen Ishaya Bamaiyi, former Governor of old Gongola State, Mr. Wilberforce Juta, former Governor of old Kwara State, Chief Cornelius Adebayo, Mr. Sam Ada Maagbe and Chief John Odakun.

https://www.akelicious.net/2018/10/olawepo-hashim-emerges-third-force.html
laughing
Re: Olawepo-hashim Emerges Third Force Presidential Candidate by Vipdike(m): 3:47pm On Oct 26, 2018
Why some unknown certain people plunged into political scene when virtually unknown?
Re: Olawepo-hashim Emerges Third Force Presidential Candidate by Muyology: 3:47pm On Oct 26, 2018
pkang:
Great News.

I hope he won't step down for.......

I am Atikulating Sha.
many pple are not to be blame. Even Obj that started the 3rd force where is he today. Over night he started articulating. This is same man that has been calling Atiku a corrupt man for the past 12 years now supporting same Atiku. Obj is more of our problem than solution.
What support obj throwing his support for any of the new breed politicians.
Let's show all of them way out

1 Like

Re: Olawepo-hashim Emerges Third Force Presidential Candidate by davidsthe(m): 3:48pm On Oct 26, 2018
HomeOfMe:
Who is this one? From where to where? O I guess,apc wants to use him to split pdp's votes. This is the first time I'm knowing him. So if at all I'm going to vote,I'd reither vote apc or pdp Instead of wasting my vote on an inconsequencial candidate.

Pls vote (not if at all). Vote candidates of your choice, vote your conscience, just get involved. Thank you From an EiE volunteer

1 Like

Re: Olawepo-hashim Emerges Third Force Presidential Candidate by dadebayo1(m): 4:19pm On Oct 26, 2018
Third foce grin...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Flood Renders 2, 000 People Homeless In Imo / Navy Set Up Operations Base To Protect N19 Trillion Investment In Lagos / NERC Deregulates Meters Prices May 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.