Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,824 members, 7,831,680 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola (36644 Views)

Supreme Court Judgement: We’ve Accepted Defeat – Matawalle’s Camp / You have accepted defeat already . Nigerians To Festus Keyamo / Ambode Accepted Defeat To Avert Impeachment - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola by jaxxy(m): 8:00pm On Oct 26, 2018
buhariguy:
you don't know what is actually happening in this country.
The stolen funds recovered is from where,
From the corrupt people you love so much, and that stolen funds met for infrastructure
did cause recession,
And the corrupt people are still dragging the case in court till tomorrow,
Efcc was able to recovered 1tr naira,
And 500b naira was added to 2017 budget and 500b naira in 2018 budget.,
Moreover, you can see how the budget has increased from 4.2tr naira to 7.2tr naira in 2016, and increase to 8.2tr naira in 2017 and increase to 9.2tr naira in 2019.
How can you explain this?
You can see this government has really tried.

I don’t love any corrupt politician cos I actually vote for buhari in 2015 against Jonathan who I supported previous to get a very needed change bt that’s not happening. Buhari started well bt made a joke of his fight against corruption stance by allowing his corrupt aide to carry on. It’s a big slap on our faces. To make matters worse the economy wasn’t handled well. Budget is increasing bt how much of this budget is been utilized for the right and effective purposes and policies. The people must feel the effects of good governance bt that far from the situation.

Blame Jonathan as much as u want bt we can’t continue like this. There is almost not sight or hope for the change we want.

Then I notice it’s not about budget or even policies bt leadership style because anytime Osinbajo is In charge there more positive effects felt hence the reason people have said a cabal run this government.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola by carrascocity(f): 8:13pm On Oct 26, 2018
Dgoz:
I thought this government have banned codeine?

Jezzzz
Re: Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola by millhouse: 8:16pm On Oct 26, 2018
zombieTRACKER:
I think fashola needs help...

His utterances lately reeks of super cluelessness
his words are sounds of a drowning man ..he obviously has seen that apc is heading for the rocks .. anything to salvage the party at this time
Re: Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola by Fxwarrior: 8:17pm On Oct 26, 2018
buhariguy:
which 4yrs wasted,
Are the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of bia-fra terrorist not seeing achievement everyday with just $94b,
While Pdp wasted $1.1tr in 16yrs without a single project.

You are misinformed and probably brain washed. Aha! Your moniker says it all. I voted for your master and what did I gain?I was driven out of mjy business with increase in cost of production. I had to change to another venture and all is getting better now.

*checks for my PVC again.
Re: Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola by EmmyCC: 8:21pm On Oct 26, 2018
Fashola is talking rubbish GEJ Conceded defeat because he lost, if he didn't want to be there during recession he wouldn't have contested in the first place
Re: Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola by thunderbabs: 8:23pm On Oct 26, 2018
Fasola mouth don dey leak now... If we start with am now, dey go say youths nor get respect angry
Re: Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola by BabaO2: 8:25pm On Oct 26, 2018
jumpandpas:
To think that this orphaned earthworm is a SAN baffles me.

Fashola started where your best lasted, you no dey look face omo oko jatijati.
Re: Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola by Bekermann(m): 8:28pm On Oct 26, 2018
Imminent recession? Nigeria's economy reached an all time high under the last administration. So I wonder what Mr Fashola is saying.
Re: Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola by Sgwin: 8:35pm On Oct 26, 2018
This is why I hate yourba people...yourba people get mouth no action...betrays and greedy jealousy people
Re: Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola by GentleMoney: 8:35pm On Oct 26, 2018
Binikingdowm:
I think there's a special weed in APC that Buhari gave his members
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola by mod9: 8:35pm On Oct 26, 2018
shocked
Binikingdowm:
The Minister for Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, has said former President Goodluck Johnathan only conceded defeat after the 2015 elections because he knew the nation would witness economic recession soon.

Mr Jonathan, before the announcement of the final results, in a move that shocked many political pundits, conceded defeat to the current president, Muhamadu Buhari, after a keenly contested polls.

That was the first time an incumbent would be losing the top seat (and conceding victory) to an opposition party in Nigeria.

Mr Jonathan has been celebrated globally for his action, which many believe saved the country from political turmoil.

The economy plunged into recession shortly after in 2015. The recession raged in 2016 and through late 2017 when the nation then emerged from it.

However, Mr Fashola, a former governor of Lagos State, said on Thursday at a South-west town hall meeting that Mr Jonathan only relinquished power because he wanted to avoid being at the helm of affairs during the recession.

The meeting was organised by the Minister for Information, Lai Mohammed, and held at the Emeritus Professor Theophilus Ogunlesi Hall, opposite University College Hospital, Ibadan, Oyo State.

Mr Fashola at the meeting also said the Goodluck government not only plunged the nation into recession but pushed it into debts.

”What was left behind were massive debts owed to contractors who had not been paid for three to five years and who had laid off thousands of workers and shut down equipment and plants.

”That was one of the reasons why the economy first went into, and, I suspect, one of the reasons they (Goodluck administration) quickly conceded defeat,” Mr Fashola said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/292657-jonathan-accepted-defeat-in-2015-due-to-imminent-recession-fashola.html

Re: Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola by GentleMoney: 8:36pm On Oct 26, 2018
Dgoz:
I thought this government have banned codeine?
shocked
Re: Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola by buchai: 8:52pm On Oct 26, 2018
so fashola wants to tell us that our economy is still under Jonathan's control or what?. sometimes fashola talks like an educated illiterate it baffles me a man like him can talk like a woman without thinking and evaluating his words.
Re: Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola by msmon(m): 8:53pm On Oct 26, 2018
Mi O Gbo English!
Re: Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola by LANDLORD72: 8:55pm On Oct 26, 2018
Fashola has gone mad again o
Re: Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola by Sydebel(m): 9:16pm On Oct 26, 2018
Idiot
Re: Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola by buhariguy(m): 9:19pm On Oct 26, 2018
Fxwarrior:

You are misinformed and probably brain washed. Aha! Your moniker says it all. I voted for your master and what did I gain?I was driven out of mjy business with increase in cost of production. I had to change to another venture and all is getting better now.

*checks for my PVC again.
and all is getting better now under this government,
More betterment will come , this is just the beginning of the betterment that will last you forever.
The beginning was not good, that is what fashola is saying now, that the $1.1tr mismanaged for the past 16yrs was the reason for the recession of 2016 that lead to your unfortunate sack.
Blame the past for everything that happened.
Re: Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola by themanderon: 9:25pm On Oct 26, 2018
Only your hypnotized and eternally brainless zombies will believe this horseshit Mr fashola.
The economy went south because the clueless fake integrity man allowed the already wobbling economy to run on autopilot for six "SOLID" months!!! I mean who does that? Only an accidental president does.
Re: Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola by mubaking: 9:29pm On Oct 26, 2018
INTEGRITYA1:

The graphic design is beautiful.
oo ooh thank you so much
Re: Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola by michoim(m): 9:32pm On Oct 26, 2018
Yes ooo. He has always being a coward. But this time around his cowardice pays off positively on democracy. ..
Re: Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola by exlink10(m): 9:36pm On Oct 26, 2018
hmmmm

is it that APC is making every of their members lose their brains or what?

even fashola is saying this rubbish
Re: Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola by jamjo: 9:44pm On Oct 26, 2018
Binikingdowm:
The Minister for Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, has said former President Goodluck Johnathan only conceded defeat after the 2015 elections because he knew the nation would witness economic recession soon.

Mr Jonathan, before the announcement of the final results, in a move that shocked many political pundits, conceded defeat to the current president, Muhamadu Buhari, after a keenly contested polls.

That was the first time an incumbent would be losing the top seat (and conceding victory) to an opposition party in Nigeria.

Mr Jonathan has been celebrated globally for his action, which many believe saved the country from political turmoil.

The economy plunged into recession shortly after in 2015. The recession raged in 2016 and through late 2017 when the nation then emerged from it.

However, Mr Fashola, a former governor of Lagos State, said on Thursday at a South-west town hall meeting that Mr Jonathan only relinquished power because he wanted to avoid being at the helm of affairs during the recession.

The meeting was organised by the Minister for Information, Lai Mohammed, and held at the Emeritus Professor Theophilus Ogunlesi Hall, opposite University College Hospital, Ibadan, Oyo State.

Mr Fashola at the meeting also said the Goodluck government not only plunged the nation into recession but pushed it into debts.

”What was left behind were massive debts owed to contractors who had not been paid for three to five years and who had laid off thousands of workers and shut down equipment and plants.

”That was one of the reasons why the economy first went into, and, I suspect, one of the reasons they (Goodluck administration) quickly conceded defeat,” Mr Fashola said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/292657-jonathan-accepted-defeat-in-2015-due-to-imminent-recession-fashola.html

Please do anyone knows what Buhari or Buharist have given Fashola that is making him lose some brain cells, really he is losing it.
Re: Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola by buhariguy(m): 9:47pm On Oct 26, 2018
jaxxy:

I don’t love any corrupt politician cos I actually vote for buhari in 2015 against Jonathan who I supported previous to get a very needed change bt that’s not happening. Buhari started well bt made a joke of his fight against corruption stance by allowing his corrupt aide to carry on. It’s a big slap on our faces. To make matters worse the economy wasn’t handled well. Budget is increasing bt how much of this budget is been utilized for the right and effective purposes and policies. The people must feel the effects of good governance bt that far from the situation.

Blame Jonathan as much as u want bt we can’t continue like this. There is almost not sight or hope for the change we want.

Then I notice it’s not about budget or even policies bt leadership style because anytime Osinbajo is In charge there more positive effects felt hence the reason people have said a cabal run this government.
you are right but you need to get the facts right.
1. About his corrupt aide,
The fight against corruption has not started, it is only the arms deal which involves ATM dasuki,
Corruption are not actually there like that in this government because of TSA.
Unlike before when every ministries, and agencies has more than 20 account each,
The stealing was rampant in every MDAs.
2. How did you want the economy to be handled well,? Is it in terms of allowing scrupulous importers to flood the market with cheaper and fake goods in order to kill our economy, or custom should allow free entry of goods, how will custom generate money to fund our budget.
In the past custom don't generate money up to 200b naira a year to the government, the money always end up in their pockets,
Did you like such system,?
Compare to now, when custom generate 1.2tr naira to fund the budget even when oil price was $30/barrel.
People don't pay complete tax before or the tax official pocket the tax,
FIRS never generated up to 1tr naira before when budget was 4tr naira and oil price was above $100/b.
But today FIRS generate 4tr naira every year to fund the budget without depending solely on oil.
And budget increase from 4tr naira in previous government to 8.5tr naira today has created room for more infrastructure and agricultural development.
Re: Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola by Wantam: 9:48pm On Oct 26, 2018
Why did he contested for the election from the first place, since recession was looming then? people should be sincere even for once!
Re: Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola by kechywillz(m): 9:51pm On Oct 26, 2018
I hope people examine this man,who knows the kind of drugs he is on
Re: Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola by buhariguy(m): 9:52pm On Oct 26, 2018
Polchiz:

And how much have you borrowed?
11tr naira tied to infrastructure,
Gej also borrowed 12tr naira without a single project for the loan.
Plus $1.1tr from oil sales without a single project for the money.
Re: Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola by 8stargeneral: 9:59pm On Oct 26, 2018
All apc members are mad
Re: Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola by lereinter(m): 10:06pm On Oct 26, 2018
consequences of working for a cow

Nigerians stand up for your Right
Re: Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola by Mozegee: 10:19pm On Oct 26, 2018
You are the most useless minister Nigeria govt has ever employed .For 4 years what this governmen has accomplish is to blame.Minister of darkeness,you said in 6months Nigeria will experience power supply like europen countries.By the time you people will acccept your responsibility while the masses voted you people in power,it will be too late.You have lost my respect.
Re: Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola by jamezman(m): 10:26pm On Oct 26, 2018
grin cheesy angry grin
I laugh in Latin....
This Same set of people saw all the fault and wrongs im the past adminstration but now that you are in power your failing ability has accelerated beyound measure...
All you do now is blame people for your misfortune...

When a child is said to be maltreated and unduely impacted positively And the parents bring's a new teacher...
What's expected of teacher is it to complain of the past or do the needful in making sure their is an improvement....
Re: Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola by Codes151(m): 10:41pm On Oct 26, 2018
This fool with dirty mouth keeps talking!!? How does 2015, johnathan and election relate with epileptic power supply?
Re: Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola by Felixv: 10:49pm On Oct 26, 2018
deomelo:

Okonjo saw the numbers far back in 2012 and told us to get ready for recession.

The articulate fools don’t want to read this. They are busy insulting Fashola after he allowed ibos in his cabinet. How many non indigenes did obituary allow in his

Okonjo saw the numbers and screamed danger back in 2013

Okonjo and Jona declared austerity measures in 2014 when oil was selling for $75/barrel.

We thank God she was not in charge when oil dropped down to $27/barrel.

Bottom line, Fashola was factual and right on the money, the economy was on life support between 2012 to 2015 when Nigerians kicked Jona out of office, in fact, he borrowed hundreds of billions to pay workers salary till his last month in office.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governor Umahi's Massive Convoy At UNN (Video) / Naira Rain At NASS As Senators Collect N23.4m Each- The Nation / Appointments: Buhari Has Violated Laws —senators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.