Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Osita Ikechukwu And Igbokwe Defend Fashola 2023 South West Presidency Campaign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osita Ikechukwu And Igbokwe Defend Fashola 2023 South West Presidency Campaign (1382 Views)

South East Vs South West Presidency, Who Would SS People Support? / 2023: What Tinubu Will Do If North Refuses South West Presidency / Shehu Sani: It Will Be Unfair To Deny South-West Presidency In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osita Ikechukwu And Igbokwe Defend Fashola 2023 South West Presidency Campaign by Nobody: 4:07am On Oct 27, 2018
2023 Igbo Presidency: Joe Igbokwe, Osita Okechukwu reply Fashola

October 26, 2018
Samuel Ogundipe

Some All Progressives Congress politicians from the South-East have responded to a statement by the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, that the 2023 presidential ticket of the ruling party would be zoned to the South-West.

Joe Igbokwe and Osita Okechukwu, both leading Igbo voices in the APC, said Mr Fashola’s comment was a wake up call that the South-East must turn out to vote for President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019.

Mr Fashola said at a town hall event in Lagos on Thursday that the people of South-West should vote for Mr Buhari in order to get the presidency back to the region.

“A vote for Buhari in 2019, means a return of power to the South-west in 2023. I am sure you will vote wisely,” Mr Fashola said per the News Agency of Nigeria.

In separate interviews Friday, they told PREMIUM TIMES that Mr Fashola’s comments should not be seen as offensive but only logical and political.

“It is okay for the minister to say what he said because this is politics,” Mr Igbokwe said. “It is now left to the Igbo to see whether they would take this seriously and compete well in 2019.”

“What the Igbo need to do now is to massively vote for the president in 2019 so that by 2023 the party would see that we have the numbers and zone the presidency to us,” Mr Igbokwe added.

Mr Okechukwu, director-general of state-owned Voice of Nigeria, said the APC would be ready to toe the path of equity and justice by zoning presidential ticket to the South-East in 2023, but warned that it would not come on a platter.

“You have to fight for it to get it. We have to show that we deserve the ticket in 2023 by voting heavily for the president at the upcoming elections,” Mr Okechukwu said.

“The APC I know would consider how the South-East has not produced president since 1999 and, therefore, zone the ticket to us on the principle of equity and natural justice,” he said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/292673-2023-igbo-presidency-joe-igbokwe-osita-okechukwu-reply-fashola.html
Re: Osita Ikechukwu And Igbokwe Defend Fashola 2023 South West Presidency Campaign by zombieTRACKER: 4:16am On Oct 27, 2018
These are fools working selfishly for crumbs to feed their protruding stomachs...

The party has already zoned the 2023 presidency to Tinubu...

For Buhari's men to honour such treaty remains a story for another day ...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osita Ikechukwu And Igbokwe Defend Fashola 2023 South West Presidency Campaign by onomeabuja: 4:33am On Oct 27, 2018
zombieTRACKER:
These are fools working selfishly for crumbs to feed their protruding stomachs...

The party has already zoned the 2023 presidency to Tinubu...

For Buhari's men to honour such treaty remains a story for another day ...
BY THE GRACE OF ALMIGHTY GOD, THE CREATOR OF HEAVEN & EARTH & THE CREATOR OF MANKIND, ALL THESE PEOPLE WILL ONLY TRY BUT THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE SHALL BE VICTORY.I.AM NOT A POLITICIAN (MY OPINION ) BELIEVE & MILLIONS OF NIGERIANS OUT THERE, BELIEVE THAT THERE IS VACANCY IN ASO ROCK COME 2019.
Re: Osita Ikechukwu And Igbokwe Defend Fashola 2023 South West Presidency Campaign by seborrhic: 4:38am On Oct 27, 2018
I bet these 2 would sell their father's birthrights in exchange for a sniff of the dung of one of Buhari's cows,as long as they are made head or board member of one inconsequential agency or the other where they are assured of food for their families and can parade one government agency ID or the other.

1 Like

Re: Osita Ikechukwu And Igbokwe Defend Fashola 2023 South West Presidency Campaign by emmie14: 4:55am On Oct 27, 2018
I am highly disappointed in the man Joe Igboukwu and shall never respect him in this life.
APC is returning power to south west and it went down well with you when the initial plans was south east and you supported without slight argument. You are a coward and sell-out.

1 Like

Re: Osita Ikechukwu And Igbokwe Defend Fashola 2023 South West Presidency Campaign by yipata: 5:09am On Oct 27, 2018
oh they won't listen oh.. U know okorocha already said it. They will stand against all their SONS future all because of ego. Well we are always ready and prepared for the opportunity.
Re: Osita Ikechukwu And Igbokwe Defend Fashola 2023 South West Presidency Campaign by front4line: 5:10am On Oct 27, 2018
Joe Igbokwe wan kill NL igbo / Ipob finish patapata lol.

1 Like

Re: Osita Ikechukwu And Igbokwe Defend Fashola 2023 South West Presidency Campaign by engrfcuksmtin(m): 5:19am On Oct 27, 2018
Awon omo ale ibo If you know, you know.
Re: Osita Ikechukwu And Igbokwe Defend Fashola 2023 South West Presidency Campaign by mrvitalis(m): 5:24am On Oct 27, 2018
2023 would likely be south west(APC) Vs South east (PDP)

The question is who would the north support

Would the north prefer a south west candidates to a south east candidates? That's something I can't tell

Voter turnout in the north would be lower tho, would a southern Muslim candidates affect the choice of north

I would want to see fashola Vs Obi come 2023

I would prefer obi tho

So my northern brothers who would u guys prefer
Re: Osita Ikechukwu And Igbokwe Defend Fashola 2023 South West Presidency Campaign by mrvitalis(m): 5:27am On Oct 27, 2018
emmie14:
I am highly disappointed in the man Joe Igboukwu and shall never respect him in this life.
APC is returning power to south west and it went down well with you when the initial plans was south east and you supported without slight argument. You are a coward and sell-out.
There was never a time power was promoted to the south east

Presidency is zoned to the south... South south, south east and south west all can go for it

But honestly speaking the best igbo politicians are still in pdp except onu (who I won't vote because his age)
Re: Osita Ikechukwu And Igbokwe Defend Fashola 2023 South West Presidency Campaign by Nemesis001: 5:37am On Oct 27, 2018
mrvitalis:

Presidency is zoned to the south... South south, south east and south west all can go for it

But honestly speaking the best igbo politicians are still in pdp except onu (who I won't vote because his age)

What happened to Okorocha
Re: Osita Ikechukwu And Igbokwe Defend Fashola 2023 South West Presidency Campaign by Nemesis001: 5:39am On Oct 27, 2018
Igbokwe is just an efulefu who is loyal to his pay master Tinubu.

He can't even visit his village anymore. SMH
Re: Osita Ikechukwu And Igbokwe Defend Fashola 2023 South West Presidency Campaign by mrvitalis(m): 6:02am On Oct 27, 2018
Nemesis001:

He is from my state... I would rather vote a northerner again than vote for that thing

Nigerian don't deserve to experience such evil...

Turned owerri Nigeria's cleaness city to one of the worst city in Nigeria

What can he point to have achieved in IMO
Re: Osita Ikechukwu And Igbokwe Defend Fashola 2023 South West Presidency Campaign by udo2018: 6:07am On Oct 27, 2018
Nemesis001:

He said "Best" Igbo politicians and you're mentioning the name of a mad man..
Re: Osita Ikechukwu And Igbokwe Defend Fashola 2023 South West Presidency Campaign by jayson87: 6:14am On Oct 27, 2018
Fashola is a dreamer to think Buhari will support them in their presidency bid for 2023.

Watching you guys in black and white, Tinubu will be sanitary used and dumped come 2019
Re: Osita Ikechukwu And Igbokwe Defend Fashola 2023 South West Presidency Campaign by seunmsg(m): 6:30am On Oct 27, 2018
Both PDP and APC cannot microzone their tickets to south east. Once the northerners are done, power will return to the south and the three zones in the south can compete for it. Atiku from north east competed for the PDP ticket against Tambuwal from north west and Saraki from north central. Same will happen in APC in 2023. It is now left for each zones to strategies on how best to position their region for the presidency ahead of 2023. Abusing Fashola, Igbokwe and Osita at this point is just plain silly. They are far more wiser than those of you yearning emotional nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Osita Ikechukwu And Igbokwe Defend Fashola 2023 South West Presidency Campaign by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 27, 2018
With BUHARI winning, are you sure of being alive for 2023?

Unemployment - highest since God created Nigeria..
World poverty capital..
Debt highest in history with no work done..
Inflation is the order of the day..
Re: Osita Ikechukwu And Igbokwe Defend Fashola 2023 South West Presidency Campaign by Jadax(m): 6:52am On Oct 27, 2018
The prodigal son's.......
Re: Osita Ikechukwu And Igbokwe Defend Fashola 2023 South West Presidency Campaign by chiagozien(m): 6:58am On Oct 27, 2018
Una Wahala be that because no referendum no election in east.
Re: Osita Ikechukwu And Igbokwe Defend Fashola 2023 South West Presidency Campaign by Auladimeji1: 7:10am On Oct 27, 2018
Igbos are behaving as if the presidency is their birthright, if they don't caution ipod they will never rule Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Osita Ikechukwu And Igbokwe Defend Fashola 2023 South West Presidency Campaign by Shehunoshewhat: 7:31am On Oct 27, 2018
mrvitalis:
2023 would likely be south west(APC) Vs South east (PDP)

The question is who would the north support

Would the north prefer a south west candidates to a south east candidates? That's something I can't tell

Voter turnout in the north would be lower tho, would a southern Muslim candidates affect the choice of north

I would want to see fashola Vs Obi come 2023

I would prefer obi tho

So my northern brothers who would u guys prefer

Honestly, I can't wait to see the SW and SE go head in the presidential election on the platform of APC and PDP respectively.

What a contest it will be.

But Igbos may prefer the VP slot to a northern muslim... embarassed Cowards!
Re: Osita Ikechukwu And Igbokwe Defend Fashola 2023 South West Presidency Campaign by emmie14: 7:31am On Oct 27, 2018
mrvitalis:

okay bro. Direction accepted
Re: Osita Ikechukwu And Igbokwe Defend Fashola 2023 South West Presidency Campaign by mrvitalis(m): 7:34am On Oct 27, 2018
Shehunoshewhat:

Honestly, I can't wait to see the SW and SE go head in the presidential election on the platform of APC and PDP respectively.

What a contest it will be.

But Igbos may prefer the VP slot to a northern muslim... embarassed Cowards!

Lol you think so?

That's never happening ...

The we would see the true population percentage of igbos in Lagos
Re: Osita Ikechukwu And Igbokwe Defend Fashola 2023 South West Presidency Campaign by wingmanII: 8:34am On Oct 27, 2018
seunmsg:
Both PDP and APC cannot microzone their tickets to south east. Once the northerners are done, power will return to the south and the three zones in the south can compete for it. Atiku from north east competed for the PDP ticket against Tambuwal from north west and Saraki from north central. Same will happen in APC in 2023. It is now left for each zones to strategies on how best to position their region for the presidency ahead of 2023. Abusing Fashola, Igbokwe and Osita at this point is just plain silly. They are far more wiser than those of you yearning emotional nonsense.

Emotional nonsense? Greedy animals. What happened to justice, Fairplay and decency? Well, we will see how it plays out. There may not even be a country after 2023.Continue playing winner takes all and others will be watching you as mugus.
Re: Osita Ikechukwu And Igbokwe Defend Fashola 2023 South West Presidency Campaign by efighter: 8:37am On Oct 27, 2018
You cannot work in Union Bank and go to GTBank to ask for salary. If you don't vote for APC in 2019, please don't expect APC to zone the 2023 presidency to you or even give you more than one ministerial position. Any zone out of the three southern zones that gives APC highest vote in 2019 will be the zone that will produce the president in 2023. That is fair enough, you cannot be taking sacrifices to the gods of iron and thunder, then you expect Jesus to bless you.

1 Like

Re: Osita Ikechukwu And Igbokwe Defend Fashola 2023 South West Presidency Campaign by efighter: 8:40am On Oct 27, 2018
wingmanII:

Emotional nonsense? Greedy animals. What happened to justice, Fairplay and decency? Well, we will see how it plays out. There may not even be a country after 2023.Continue playing winner takes all and others will be watching you as mugus.

Who are you calling greedy animals? Your family or who? You have been screaming that there may not be a country since we whipped your asses between 1967 and 1970, up till today, Nigeria is still growing though in the wrong direction. So shut the fucck up.

1 Like

Re: Osita Ikechukwu And Igbokwe Defend Fashola 2023 South West Presidency Campaign by Shehunoshewhat: 8:44am On Oct 27, 2018
mrvitalis:

Lol you think so?

That's never happening ...

The we would see the true population percentage of igbos in Lagos

Igbo population in Lagos is just about 25%
Otherwise, APGA (Igbo) candidates in Lagos should be winning elections.
Re: Osita Ikechukwu And Igbokwe Defend Fashola 2023 South West Presidency Campaign by fergie001: 8:45am On Oct 27, 2018
You want the Igbos to outvote the Yorubas in supporting buhari so as to make a case for 2023.....
But your President rightly acclaimed same region as 5%......
Now,we also know the amount of PVCs collected....do how can we do it....?

I am confused....
Re: Osita Ikechukwu And Igbokwe Defend Fashola 2023 South West Presidency Campaign by nku5: 9:24am On Oct 27, 2018
These efulefu clowns have come again. It's because of clowns like these that Igbos do not have kings like that. I thank God for that. Even though Joe Igbokwe has been the highest ranking Igbo slave to Tinubu for many years who reckons with him in Nnewi? He is a nobody there

This efulefu issue really needs to be looked at.There needs to be an articulated way of really socially ostracising these jokers in the east. This sort of bad behaviour must have consequences
Re: Osita Ikechukwu And Igbokwe Defend Fashola 2023 South West Presidency Campaign by mrvitalis(m): 9:47am On Oct 27, 2018
Shehunoshewhat:

Igbo population in Lagos is just about 25%
Otherwise, APGA (Igbo) candidates in Lagos should be winning elections.
Lol u forgot igbos don't really vote even at home not to talk about Lagos
Re: Osita Ikechukwu And Igbokwe Defend Fashola 2023 South West Presidency Campaign by Omeokachie: 9:53am On Oct 27, 2018
BMC get levels.

These ones are clowns working for their next meals. must be said that they are very well paid though to do what they are doing...

Their job function is a very simple one....mislead your people who are gullible.
Re: Osita Ikechukwu And Igbokwe Defend Fashola 2023 South West Presidency Campaign by GMPO(m): 10:10am On Oct 27, 2018
J

(1) (Reply)

"Nnamdi Kanu Is A Coward And A Liar" - DSS Source / Support A Christian/muslim Ticket In Igboland / Igbos Vs Yoruba Slug It Out 2023 Elections, Hausa Referees.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.