Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,580 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage (36096 Views)

Catriona Laing Visits Ooni Of Ife [photo] / Larry Ekundayo Visits Ooni Of Ife And Kneels Before Him (pics) / Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by gistblogger: 12:39pm On Oct 27, 2018
Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State, Nigeria was in Ile-Ife on Friday to congratulate the Ooni of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ojaja II and his queen, Silekunola Ogunwusi (Yeyeluwa) on their wedding which took place recently.

Describing Ooni Ogunwusi who is a Co-Chairman of National Council Of Traditional Rulers Of Nigeria, his father and long time friend, Mr Obianor called Ile-Ife the spiritual home of the Yorubas where everyone came from.

“Your Majesty, I was far away in America when you got married last week. As a son and long time friend of yours, I consider it necessary to come and congratulate you and your beautiful Yeyeluwa because you have always shown love to me, to my wife to our government, to the people of Anambra state and Igboland in general. My wife and I are so proud to be associated with you as the king of this town Ile-Ife which is the spiritual home of the Yorubas where everyone came from,” Governor Obiano said.

“Kabiyesi, I pray for your long life on this sacred throne of Oduduwa, I wish you and your wife yeyeluwa good health and God Almighty will bless your marriage with good children,” he added.

Responding, the monarch thanked Governor Obiano for the visit, describing him as a long time friend who has always shown love and respect to the throne of Oduduwa and the overall traditional institution in Nigeria

“Your Excellency, on behalf of Yeluwa and I and on behalf of the people of Ife Kingdom, I welcome you to your home, this is the throne of Oduduwa, father of over 500m people worldwide.

“We have come a long way together. You are my long time friend even when we had nothing and when we didn’t know God had prepared exhalted posititons for both of us in this country. You have also made me so proud of you as one of the very best governors this country has ever produced.

” You have been working assiduously in the service of your people and that is why you are well loved by the people of Anambra and Igbo nation as a whole,” Ooni said.

The monarch called for a standing ovation from the people in the hall including Yeyesorun, the wife of the Ewi of Ado Ekiti and her entourage in honour of the governor, appreciating him as a good example of accountability and leadership. He implored him to remain focussed and never relent in his determination to develop Anambra State.

Gist via Gistmore - http://gistmore.com/governor-obiano-visits-ooni-ife-wife-wishes-successful-marriage

6 Likes

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by gistblogger: 12:40pm On Oct 27, 2018

1 Like

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by gistblogger: 12:40pm On Oct 27, 2018
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by immortalcrown(m): 12:42pm On Oct 27, 2018
Politicians and their esoteric visits.

8 Likes

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by JasonScoolari: 12:44pm On Oct 27, 2018
If not for the very fact that he's one of the best governors in the SE, I would have settle down and swear for him. I mean, how can a CSO of a state in the SE decides to abandon his duties just to congratulate a monarch far away Ile Ife?

Funny thing is that, the monarch don't give a pint of furck about the mofo.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by Fierce11: 12:44pm On Oct 27, 2018
....Beautiful yeyeluwa

10 Likes

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by RanayP(m): 3:22pm On Oct 27, 2018
The best King I know!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by oluadex99(m): 3:22pm On Oct 27, 2018
Good

1 Like

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by behulasupu: 3:22pm On Oct 27, 2018
This prophetess woman marrying an occultic king na wah for her oo

12 Likes

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by emydnoble(m): 3:23pm On Oct 27, 2018
Fierce11:
....Beautiful yeyeluwa
All I can see is Bush Man.... shocked shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by demolinka(m): 3:23pm On Oct 27, 2018
Hope he prostrated

3 Likes

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by EggSauce(m): 3:23pm On Oct 27, 2018
Hmmmm sometimes I wonder if the igbo online are different from the one's offline. because the one's offline usually exhibit good manners and they do have sense unlike the one's online

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by Cumtroller: 3:24pm On Oct 27, 2018
Obiano made a terrible blunder. The Ooni of Ife is an extremely randy and sexually perverse individual - typical of all Afonja’s.

Obiano, your wife is at risk.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by mohlanforex: 3:25pm On Oct 27, 2018
Yoruba 500 million world wide. that must be a fake news.

7 Likes

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by Atiku2019: 3:26pm On Oct 27, 2018
JasonScoolari:
If not for the very fact that he's one of the best governors in the SE, I would have settle down and swear for him. I mean, how can a CSO of a state in the SE decides to abandon his duties just to congratulate a monarch far away Ile Ife?

Political alliance. They might have been friends even before he became an Ooni and Obiano before leadibg Anambara

2 Likes

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by Ohraykon: 3:26pm On Oct 27, 2018
Who cares
Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by Benekruku(m): 3:26pm On Oct 27, 2018
Cumtroller:
Obiano made a terrible blunder. The Ooni of Ife is an extremely randy and sexually perverse individual - typical of all Afonja’s.

Obiano, your wife is at risk.

You are hungry

28 Likes

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by deji17: 3:27pm On Oct 27, 2018
I like Obiano politics better compared to that of Peter Obi

11 Likes

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by akiOYIBO: 3:27pm On Oct 27, 2018
In the United States, during election period, politicians goes to the people for campaign. In Nigeria if they are not going to IBB, Gowon, Abdulsalam Abubakar then they will be going to Ooni, Oba or Eze. Small time they will tell u the people elected them. Nigerians are morons!

2 Likes

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 27, 2018
This WIFE too fine oooo
U sure say no be IGBO...??

2 Likes

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by Gboom: 3:27pm On Oct 27, 2018
JasonScoolari:

Do you know the relationship between them?
If you are sentimental you may not reach your desired goal, change your reasoning faculty.

19 Likes

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by ItsTutsi(m): 3:27pm On Oct 27, 2018
Slave! He had better pay homage..second class citizen

3 Likes

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 27, 2018
akiOYIBO:
In the United States, during election period, politicians goes to the people for campaign. In Nigeria if they are not going to IBB, Gowon, Abdulsalam Abubakar then they will be going to Ooni, Oba or Eze. Small time they will tell u the people elected them. Nigerians are morons!
NIGERIA and the US na mate...??

3 Likes

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by Mankosi: 3:32pm On Oct 27, 2018
I am sure ooni must have destroyed this girl by now.

1 Like

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by Truthisit: 3:32pm On Oct 27, 2018
behulasupu:
not ur business. Mind urs

11 Likes

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by olas24u(f): 3:32pm On Oct 27, 2018
JasonScoolari:

This is a smart humanbeing and cannot think like you folks.

11 Likes

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by Born2Breed(f): 3:43pm On Oct 27, 2018
gistblogger:
Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State, Nigeria was in Ile-Ife on Friday to congratulate the Ooni of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ojaja II and his queen, Silekunola Ogunwusi (Yeyeluwa) on their wedding which took place recently.

Describing Ooni Ogunwusi who is a Co-Chairman of National Council Of Traditional Rulers Of Nigeria, his father and long time friend, Mr Obianor called Ile-Ife the spiritual home of the Yorubas where everyone came from.

“Your Majesty, I was far away in America when you got married last week. As a son and long time friend of yours, I consider it necessary to come and congratulate you and your beautiful Yeyeluwa because you have always shown love to me, to my wife to our government, to the people of Anambra state and Igboland in general. My wife and I are so proud to be associated with you as the king of this town Ile-Ife which is the spiritual home of the Yorubas where everyone came from,” Governor Obiano said.

“Kabiyesi, I pray for your long life on this sacred throne of Oduduwa, I wish you and your wife yeyeluwa good health and God Almighty will bless your marriage with good children,” he added.

Responding, the monarch thanked Governor Obiano for the visit, describing him as a long time friend who has always shown love and respect to the throne of Oduduwa and the overall traditional institution in Nigeria

“Your Excellency, on behalf of Yeluwa and I and on behalf of the people of Ife Kingdom, I welcome you to your home, this is the throne of Oduduwa, father of over 500m people worldwide.

“We have come a long way together. You are my long time friend even when we had nothing and when we didn’t know God had prepared exhalted posititons for both of us in this country. You have also made me so proud of you as one of the very best governors this country has ever produced.

” You have been working assiduously in the service of your people and that is why you are well loved by the people of Anambra and Igbo nation as a whole,” Ooni said.

The monarch called for a standing ovation from the people in the hall including Yeyesorun, the wife of the Ewi of Ado Ekiti and her entourage in honour of the governor, appreciating him as a good example of accountability and leadership. He implored him to remain focussed and never relent in his determination to develop Anambra State.

Gist via Gistmore - http://gistmore.com/governor-obiano-visits-ooni-ife-wife-wishes-successful-marriage

Laughing at the bolded.

1 Like

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by Ategberoson(m): 3:46pm On Oct 27, 2018
obiano, okorocha, umahi, ouk even ikpeazu had prove their are still sane people left in East politics

I see those guys going far in national politics. they have allies out of their east, who are the friends of obi in east and out of East

3 Likes

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by Chiboto414: 3:49pm On Oct 27, 2018
behulasupu:
make u dey always watch ur back as u dey run ur mouth o! A word is enough for ........if u know u know

1 Like

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by VivaDeAngelo(m): 3:50pm On Oct 27, 2018
What is the essence of visiting him?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread / How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland / Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.