Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage (36112 Views)

Catriona Laing Visits Ooni Of Ife [photo] / Larry Ekundayo Visits Ooni Of Ife And Kneels Before Him (pics) / Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by movetoca: 4:03pm On Oct 27, 2018
JasonScoolari:
If not for the very fact that he's one of the best governors in the SE, I would have settle down and swear for him. I mean, how can a CSO of a state in the SE decides to abandon his duties just to congratulate a monarch far away Ile Ife?

Funny thing is that, the monarch don't give a pint of furck about the mofo.
Did you care to find out their personal relationship? They could be friends.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by hisexcellency34: 4:06pm On Oct 27, 2018
E be like say this Obiano no get work to do for Anambra
Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by 9gerian: 4:14pm On Oct 27, 2018
Smart man!

gistblogger:
Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State, Nigeria was in Ile-Ife on Friday to congratulate the Ooni of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ojaja II and his queen, Silekunola Ogunwusi (Yeyeluwa) on their wedding which took place recently.

Describing Ooni Ogunwusi who is a Co-Chairman of National Council Of Traditional Rulers Of Nigeria, his father and long time friend, Mr Obianor called Ile-Ife the spiritual home of the Yorubas where everyone came from.

“Your Majesty, I was far away in America when you got married last week. As a son and long time friend of yours, I consider it necessary to come and congratulate you and your beautiful Yeyeluwa because you have always shown love to me, to my wife to our government, to the people of Anambra state and Igboland in general. My wife and I are so proud to be associated with you as the king of this town Ile-Ife which is the spiritual home of the Yorubas where everyone came from,” Governor Obiano said.

“Kabiyesi, I pray for your long life on this sacred throne of Oduduwa, I wish you and your wife yeyeluwa good health and God Almighty will bless your marriage with good children,” he added.

Responding, the monarch thanked Governor Obiano for the visit, describing him as a long time friend who has always shown love and respect to the throne of Oduduwa and the overall traditional institution in Nigeria

“Your Excellency, on behalf of Yeluwa and I and on behalf of the people of Ife Kingdom, I welcome you to your home, this is the throne of Oduduwa, father of over 500m people worldwide.

“We have come a long way together. You are my long time friend even when we had nothing and when we didn’t know God had prepared exhalted posititons for both of us in this country. You have also made me so proud of you as one of the very best governors this country has ever produced.

” You have been working assiduously in the service of your people and that is why you are well loved by the people of Anambra and Igbo nation as a whole,” Ooni said.

The monarch called for a standing ovation from the people in the hall including Yeyesorun, the wife of the Ewi of Ado Ekiti and her entourage in honour of the governor, appreciating him as a good example of accountability and leadership. He implored him to remain focussed and never relent in his determination to develop Anambra State.

Gist via Gistmore - http://gistmore.com/governor-obiano-visits-ooni-ife-wife-wishes-successful-marriage

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by Zorbadezinc: 4:20pm On Oct 27, 2018
hisexcellency34:

His only work is drinking himself to stupor, aided by his useless wife who feeds him alcohol constantly. Ogogoro governor

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by Zorbadezinc: 4:25pm On Oct 27, 2018
akiOYIBO:
In the United States, during election period, politicians goes to the people for campaign. In Nigeria if they are not going to IBB, Gowon, Abdulsalam Abubakar then they will be going to Ooni, Oba or Eze. Small time they will tell u the people elected them. Nigerians are morons!

Obiano have finished his own campaign so he is free to wakabout

He is only facing impeachment fro his House of Assembly for his incompetence and Alcoholism

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 27, 2018
Kabiyesi Wire Wire grin
Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by Komu1048(m): 4:47pm On Oct 27, 2018
JasonScoolari:
If not for the very fact that he's one of the best governors in the SE, I would have settle down and swear for him. I mean, how can a CSO of a state in the SE decides to abandon his duties just to congratulate a monarch far away Ile Ife?

Funny thing is that, the monarch don't give a pint of furck about the mofo.

Shut up! U r a waste to this generation. So a governor shouldn't visit a long time friend anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by rymesgentility(m): 4:48pm On Oct 27, 2018
[quote author=JasonScoolari post=72453565]If not for the very fact that he's one of the best governors in the SE, I would have settle down and swear for him. I mean, how can a CSO of a state in the SE decides to abandon his duties just to congratulate a monarch far away Ile Ife?

This man is striving so hard to be the worst Governor anambra state have ever had, he is practically not working anything, only to use public funds to purchase buses, pay millions of Naira to paint and write all WILLIE IS WORKING , am from anambra state , truth should be told the man is a drug addict, he is not working any shit
Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by ekestic1976(f): 4:55pm On Oct 27, 2018
emydnoble:

All I can see is Bush Man.... shocked shocked

You no dey see well, we know before.
Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by bla4(m): 4:55pm On Oct 27, 2018
God bless the federal republic of Nigeria
Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by redsquare(m): 5:00pm On Oct 27, 2018
EggSauce:
Hmmmm sometimes I wonder if the igbo online are different from the one's offline. because the one's offline usually exhibit good manners and they do have sense unlike the one's online

I wonder the same with online Yorubas. They are so senseless and uncouth unlike the offline ones.
Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by Zorbadezinc: 5:08pm On Oct 27, 2018
[quote author=rymesgentility post=72458991][/quote]

Point of correction,pls

Obiano is only a drunkard, an alcoholic, NOT a drug addict, please.
Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by omooba969(m): 5:17pm On Oct 27, 2018
hisexcellency34:

Hope you'll be able to sleep tonight, seeing obiano leaving far east to witness the splendor of an Afonja monarch. grin

Igboz. cool
Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by jafol(m): 5:21pm On Oct 27, 2018
EggSauce:
Hmmmm sometimes I wonder if the igbo online are different from the one's offline. because the one's offline usually exhibit good manners and they do have sense unlike the one's online

No o my brother, all of them are the same, when ibos come in contact with yorubas they don't have any option to bow to us cos na our land dem dey. Na we dey feed their family for village. They r pretenders

3 Likes

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by CoolAmbience(m): 5:22pm On Oct 27, 2018
Benekruku:

You are hungry

My brother, the guy's comment weak me sef. Hunger na bad thing o.

1 Like

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by Rexnegro(m): 5:34pm On Oct 27, 2018
I just like this governor, his doings and reasoning is just far different from a typical Igbo man both online and offline... most of them behaves without courtesy and regards. obiano is just different.

1 Like

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by jafol(m): 5:38pm On Oct 27, 2018
[quote author=redsquare post=72459219]

I wonder the same with online Yorubas. They are so senseless and uncouth unlike the offline ones.[/quotel]

So if yorubas like u said are senseless and uncouth so what r ur ipods Igbo o? Lmao. You ibos r ridiculous u expect to rain insults on yorubas and yorubas should just keep quiet because u know us for that. You all r insane, we r just getting started

2 Likes

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 27, 2018
gistblogger:
Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State, Nigeria was in Ile-Ife on Friday to congratulate the Ooni of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ojaja II and his queen, Silekunola Ogunwusi (Yeyeluwa) on their wedding which took place recently.

Describing Ooni Ogunwusi who is a Co-Chairman of National Council Of Traditional Rulers Of Nigeria, his father and long time friend, Mr Obianor called Ile-Ife the spiritual
home of the Yorubas where everyone came from.

“Your Majesty, I was far away in America when you got married last week. As a son and long time friend of yours, I consider it necessary to come and congratulate you and your beautiful Yeyeluwa because you have always shown love to me, to my wife to our government, to the people of Anambra state and Igboland in general. My wife and I are so proud to be associated with you as the king of this town Ile-Ife which is the spiritual home of the Yorubas where everyone came from,” Governor Obiano said.

“Kabiyesi, I pray for your long life on this sacred throne of Oduduwa, I wish you and your wife yeyeluwa good health and God Almighty will bless your marriage with good children,” he added.

Responding, the monarch thanked Governor Obiano for the visit, describing him as a long time friend who has always shown love and respect to the throne of Oduduwa and the overall traditional institution in Nigeria

“Your Excellency, on behalf of Yeluwa and I and on behalf of the people of Ife Kingdom, I welcome you to your home, this is the throne of Oduduwa, father of over 500m people worldwide.

“We have come a long way together. You are my long time friend even when we had nothing and when we didn’t know God had prepared exhalted posititons for both of us in this country. You have also made me so proud of you as one of the very best governors this country has ever produced.

” You have been working assiduously in the service of your people and that is why you are well loved by the people of Anambra and Igbo nation as a whole,” Ooni said.

The monarch called for a standing ovation from the people in the hall including Yeyesorun, the wife of the Ewi of Ado Ekiti and her entourage in honour of the governor, appreciating him as a good example of accountability and leadership. He implored him to remain focussed and never relent in his determination to develop Anambra State.

Gist via Gistmore - http://gistmore.com/governor-obiano-visits-ooni-ife-wife-wishes-successful-marriage

I love the "You are my long time friend even when we had nothing and when we didn’t know God had prepared exhalted posititons for both of us in this country"
God connect me to the right people. Amen!
Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by Ishilove: 6:03pm On Oct 27, 2018
Those dark knuckles cry
Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by Zorbadezinc: 7:18pm On Oct 27, 2018
Rexnegro:
I just like this governor, his doings and reasoning is just far different from a typical Igbo man both online and offline... most of them behaves without courtesy and regards. obiano is just different.

He is just different because he is intoxicated 80 percent of the time. Typical Igbo people are conscious of their surroundings. This governor is dazed and oblivious of what is happening around him most times

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by SuccesYear: 11:39pm On Oct 27, 2018
VivaDeAngelo:
What is the essence of visiting him?
go ask him in Awka
Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by Converge11(m): 6:17am On Oct 28, 2018
VivaDeAngelo:

Why is it ur concern?
Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by 12345baba(m): 11:44am On Oct 28, 2018
VivaDeAngelo:
to congratulate him. Na bad thing?
Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by OROSUNBOLB(m): 12:31pm On Oct 28, 2018
I only hope their marriage will last as I can't explain why I keep having this feeling that it is just of matter of time before it goes south on the basis of inreconciliable personal differences.
Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by Zorbadezinc: 8:04am On Oct 29, 2018
OROSUNBOLB:
I only hope their marriage will last as I can't explain why I keep having this feeling that it is just of matter of time before it goes south on the basis of inreconciliable personal differences.

Well, Obiano and Ooni are birds of same feather, only that Ooni is better than Obiano who married his messenger Ebelechukwu Obiano after his first wife die in mysterious circumstances.
At least Ooni never kill any of his wives
If he don’t like them he will send them packing and pick a new one.
It is Obiano guilty conscience that have turn him into an Alcoholic under the control of his Delilah wife Ebelechukwu Obiano

Zombie Governor

I pity for Anambara people

Re: Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage by Ayobami7(m): 11:06am On Nov 11, 2018
this is my comment

(1) (2) (Reply)

Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread / Col. Stephen Honest Is Dead! Bachama Kingdom Monarch Dies (photo) / How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.