Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,794 members, 7,851,679 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:13 AM

Wizkid’s Fever: The Best And Worst Moments - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wizkid’s Fever: The Best And Worst Moments (542 Views)

The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs / Wizkid’s Fever Video Breaks Nigerian Youtube Record / Biggest Moments In Nigerian Music Industry In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wizkid’s Fever: The Best And Worst Moments by onnybee: 8:54pm On Oct 27, 2018
One Kid, one hot celebrity vixen, one spicy video, three million YouTube views and counting, the Wizkid Fever is sweeping across the Internet, much to the delight of fans worldwide.

Following the average reception of Fever’s audio released three weeks ago, Wizkid upped the game and surpassed everyone’s expectations with the release of the suggestive music video on Wednesday. You must have seen the video by now, and if not, don’t dull yourself, watch it here: https:///2883dq

Never have I seen so many people so excited to catch a fever before shocked, and I really can’t blame them. Featuring Mavin Record’s first lady, Tiwa Savage, as the luscious vixen in a love affair with Grammy Award nominee Wizkid, the video is one of a kind and packed full with steamy and thought-provoking moments.

Like any work of art, there are people who “get it” and people don’t, normal sturvs. So, join me— whether you’re a fan of the video or not— in digging out the very best and worst moments of Fever.

The best moment: Since its release, encomium has been pouring in for Fever from all walks of life. On Thursday, the video was certified fresh by Daddy Freeze himself. In his words, “I think the video for #Fever is great, the chemistry is amazing, Wiz did a good job and so did Tiwa.” Then he went ahead and slammed it a sumptuous score of 9.5/10.

I couldn’t agree more. Despite the 10-year age gap, the electricity flowing between Wizkid and Tiwa in the video is palpable, and it has probably generated more current in Nigeria than PHCN has in the past week (references loading). The way Wiz’s fingers traced the contours of Tiwa’s curves, the way their eyes locked in each other's and his lips brushed sensually against hers, tell yourself the truth, you felt it too! wink

There are so many fantastic moments such as this in the video, but the best came early in the 00:54 mark. It’s simply coal fire: not blazing, not all smoke and little heat, but intense, heartfelt passion. #PepperStewEverywhere!

The worst moment: So, Tiwa and Wizkid have been teasing us for a while now with their relationship. The music superstars finally get together in a hot video, they had a romantic location, they had themselves to themselves, and they failed woefully to get our fevers up to 100 degrees with a passionate kiss, or any kind of kiss sef.

So the worst moment for me shares the same spot with the best at the 00:54 mark simply because they came so close, but yet so far. That is, they gave us STEW without meat angry (Thumbs (okay half a thumb) down, guys! I suspect the only people happy with this are Wizkid and Tiwa’s innumerable crushes and probably Teebillz, Tiwa’s estranged husband, and one or all of Wiz’s babymamas.

Bonus Second Best: What’s better than one best moment? Two! From its African theme to Tiwa’s bodacious bod, Fever serves us enough reasons to keep on loving it. And the bonus best moment lies towards the end of the video, at the 03:33 mark, precisely, with Tiwa leaning into her Lion and city lights glimmering in front of them.

The moment seems to say, “We don’t care about anyone else— whether haters or age-checkers— we've got our money, we've got each other, we've got the world.” It’s just a magical and suggestive moment, and, yes, I totally dig the Royce too.

So, there you have it! The Fever video stripped down to its top and bottom moments. No doubt, the video is one of the best to be released this year, and I can’t wait for more from the duo. But how about you, do you agree with my picks? What are your best and worst (if any) moments from the video?

Re: Wizkid’s Fever: The Best And Worst Moments by pepenini88(m): 8:57pm On Oct 27, 2018
stew

(1) (Reply)

[music] Tekno X 2kingz – You Can Get It (prod. By Stunna) / [music] Yovi Ft. Wizkid – Holy Water / JD West - Low (prod Jdwest) | Mpnaija.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.