Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,018 members, 7,814,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs (51213 Views)

Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria / Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change / Nigerian Musicians Categorized Into A - F List By AdebisiOlumide5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by mantosa(m): 3:38pm On Jan 14, 2020
Lyricism and songwriting are the most outstanding qualities ever shown by musicians but there are still hideous and erroneous feats made by the so-called musicians in songs. You would wonder if those songs were properly vetted by mixers and A&R executives before they passed on to marketing and licensing departments of record labels. Independent and upcoming musicians making these blunders in lyrics is forgivable but when superstars make these errors, we should stripe them off charts, awards and achievements especially if there is an expectation behind the brand. Recently, we have seen trolls on the rise about how superstar musicians have messed up a good song just because they were not apt in their lyricism. In rare cases, flops are allowed in lyricism if the song is unfinished or a comedic type.

Missy Elliot

Missy Elliot is still one of the best female hip/hop breakouts in the history of music. At a young age, the female rapper struck relationships with the best songwriters and producers in music especially Timbaland but that did not stop her from embarrassing herself on ‘Work it’ as she shrieked these lyrics confidently: “Take my thong off and my ass go boom!”. This is definitely an incoming tsunami.

Naira Marley

The Nigerian Popstar had a great year in 2019 but in that same year he made lines which found their way into the Nigerian pop culture notably one that music lovers can remember from “Soapy”:

“Inside life, go to the five 5 alive.” It is forgiven as the song became a nationwide hit even with the controversy surrounding the singer.

Coldplay

“Lights will guide you home, and ignite your bones.” Did Coldplay ask fans to ignite their bones? Did the lead singer tell fans that the lights will lead them home after a show? So many things must be going through your mind also. But “fix you” is a hit nonetheless.

R.Kelly

Music lovers have cancelled Robert and we are here to remind you about one of his lyrics we can never forget – this same line brought traces about his sexual crimes from “You remind me of something” and here it is: “Girl you look just like my car, I wanna wax it.” How on earth did a girl end up looking like a car? Was she made in Vietnam?

Davido

Davido’s attempt to flow in rhythmic pattern in revival single “If” failed and we are still shocked that none of those people in the studio failed to correct this line: “My number one itutu sipping burukutu”. David’s lover must be a drunkard.

source - http://tushmagazine.com.ng/the-worst-lyrics-ever-used-by-musicians-in-songs/

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by kestolove95(m): 4:12pm On Jan 14, 2020
No one vex me pass that davido own...imagine d rubbish wey him dey talk

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Oluwasaeon(m): 4:15pm On Jan 14, 2020
Tekno says hi

168 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by lenghtinny(m): 12:03am On Jan 15, 2020
I don't recall hearing go to the five alive in soapy....

There's some vernacular mixed up somewhere in between

31 Likes

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Newguyhere: 10:26am On Feb 25, 2020
Funny
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Pidginwhisper: 10:26am On Feb 25, 2020
And Tekno didn’t make the list

110 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Nobody: 10:26am On Feb 25, 2020
Let me just drop this here grin grin

114 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by CAPSLOCKED: 10:27am On Feb 25, 2020
REMA: AMAKA BODY SWEET PASS HOT EBA. undecided

197 Likes 10 Shares

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by vizkiz: 10:27am On Feb 25, 2020
As long as sane lyrics is concerned, 80% of Nigerian artistes have rubbish lines.

Why is Wizkid and Tekno not on the list though?

Even Wizkid himself don’t know what “Joro” means. He was asked during an interview and baba was dumbfounded.

Tekno talk say “If you like Karate, I’ll teach you mathematics” which kin mumu lyrics be this nitori olorun?

PS: Your lyrics about Naira Marley’s “Soapy” is wrong.

158 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by AerialMapper: 10:27am On Feb 25, 2020
Wizkid

King of worst lines

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by SouthNigerian: 10:27am On Feb 25, 2020
Mumu post...
music is about rythm & tunes, no one really gives a heck bout em lyrics...

More so, Music is a language of its own, Music is Art that corronates different views...

13 Likes

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Nobody: 10:27am On Feb 25, 2020
If you likey karate I go teach you mathematics - Tekno

Nigga what?!!!!

[img]https://media1./images/81791a2f1a867bef2e84a5c1c6c10e6d/tenor.gif?itemid=5863270[/img]

Tekno is the king of Wack lyrics

258 Likes 10 Shares

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Bawizzo(m): 10:27am On Feb 25, 2020
Greetings from we @tekno music group.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by hakeem4(m): 10:27am On Feb 25, 2020
Inyanya: from the bed to the bedroom

329 Likes 18 Shares

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by SaintHilary(m): 10:28am On Feb 25, 2020
Nigerian music and lyrics should not be put in the same sentence. We hear crazy things like...

"ToTori me 1time To, ToTori me 2time Toto, ToTori me 3 time ToToTo",

or is it the one that goes to the studio to sing

" Girl your body dey do skeletun skeletun skeletun skeletun skeletun skeletun,

If you need good lyrics listen to Jhonny Drille, Wurld, and funny enough Erriga, as for the rest.. Ayiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by dayleke: 10:28am On Feb 25, 2020
Ijo yoyo, ijo yoyo ooo - kollington

Shinamania da mi lohun, ese meji l'oke o,
Omoge shasha ma ma sha mi, to ba se mo, dawo pada,
- shina peters

grin grin

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by InfoSources: 10:28am On Feb 25, 2020
grin
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by abbaapple: 10:28am On Feb 25, 2020
angry

OP you are confused! What’s the meaning of all this I blame the mode sha lipsrsealed

14 Likes

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by azpekuliar: 10:28am On Feb 25, 2020
I recall their horrible choruses much better. So these two readily come to mind;

“... chop Banana till you go yo” x50

“.. oya totori mi one time, tor.. totori me two time, tor tor ... totori me three time, tor tor tor”

Dafuq!

94 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Oblitz(m): 10:29am On Feb 25, 2020
Tekno

Skeletun

5 Likes

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by rabazamba: 10:29am On Feb 25, 2020
Oluwasaeon:
Tekno says hi
grin If you likey Karatey I'll teach you Mathematics. What da fuq grin grin

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by money121(m): 10:29am On Feb 25, 2020
Ok
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Mayor21(m): 10:29am On Feb 25, 2020
$

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by dake40(m): 10:29am On Feb 25, 2020
mantosa:
Lyricism and songwriting are the most outstanding qualities ever shown by musicians but there are still hideous and erroneous feats made by the so-called musicians in songs. You would wonder if those songs were properly vetted by mixers and A&R executives before they passed on to marketing and licensing departments of record labels. Independent and upcoming musicians making these blunders in lyrics is forgivable but when superstars make these errors, we should stripe them off charts, awards and achievements especially if there is an expectation behind the brand. Recently, we have seen trolls on the rise about how superstar musicians have messed up a good song just because they were not apt in their lyricism. In rare cases, flops are allowed in lyricism if the song is unfinished or a comedic type.

Missy Elliot

Missy Elliot is still one of the best female hip/hop breakouts in the history of music. At a young age, the female rapper struck relationships with the best songwriters and producers in music especially Timbaland but that did not stop her from embarrassing herself on ‘Work it’ as she shrieked these lyrics confidently: “Take my thong off and my ass go boom!”. This is definitely an incoming tsunami.

Naira Marley

The Nigerian Popstar had a great year in 2019 but in that same year he made lines which found their way into the Nigerian pop culture notably one that music lovers can remember from “Soapy”:

Inside life, go to the five 5 alive.” It is forgiven as the song became a nationwide hit even with the controversy surrounding the singer.

Coldplay

“Lights will guide you home, and ignite your bones.” Did Coldplay ask fans to ignite their bones? Did the lead singer tell fans that the lights will lead them home after a show? So many things must be going through your mind also. But “fix you” is a hit nonetheless.

R.Kelly

Music lovers have cancelled Robert and we are here to remind you about one of his lyrics we can never forget – this same line brought traces about his sexual crimes from “You remind me of something” and here it is: “Girl you look just like my car, I wanna wax it.” How on earth did a girl end up looking like a car? Was she made in Vietnam?

Davido

Davido’s attempt to flow in rhythmic pattern in revival single “If” failed and we are still shocked that none of those people in the studio failed to correct this line: “My number one itutu sipping burukutu”. David’s lover must be a drunkard.

source - http://tushmagazine.com.ng/the-worst-lyrics-ever-used-by-musicians-in-songs/

Inside life, Loo tiri 5 alive (You will see 5 alive inside life) and not what you wrote above

Still doesn't make a difference

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by fatymore(f): 10:30am On Feb 25, 2020
Hello
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Nobody: 10:30am On Feb 25, 2020
AerialMapper:
Wizkid

King of worst lines

Still has more lyrical contents than your mcm that buys songs

7 Likes

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:31am On Feb 25, 2020
This remind us of  Bruno Mars – Grenade

There was this line he sang :

'Should’ve known you was trouble
From the first kiss
Had your eyes wide open
Why were they open'?

The only way he could know her eyes were open would be if he had his own eyes open.

wink

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by sotall(m): 10:31am On Feb 25, 2020
Ok
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by fernandez1(m): 10:32am On Feb 25, 2020
lenghtinny:
I don't recall hearing go to the five alive in soapy....

There's some vernacular mixed up somewhere in between

Don't mind op....him no hear am well, go to the alive bawo.

He said lo ti ri 5 alive and not go to the 5alive

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? / "One Corner" Dance Hits Nigeria (video) / “I Win Big Brother, Them Wan Finish Me…” – Efe Says In His Latest Song (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.