Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

57 Chibok Girls Seen In Cameroon – Parents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 57 Chibok Girls Seen In Cameroon – Parents (25016 Views)

How Obama, Borno Govt Frustrated Chibok Girls’ Rescue – Jonathan / 8 Suspected Kidnappers Of Chibok Girls Arrested By Police 4 Years After (Photos) / Chibok Girls Kidnapper Jailed For 20 Years: Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

57 Chibok Girls Seen In Cameroon – Parents by dre11(m): 7:12am On Oct 28, 2018
By Kabiru R. Anwar

Fifty-seven Chibok school girls being held by Boko Haram have been sighted in two villages in Cameroon, parents of the abducted girls told Daily Trust on Sunday yesterday.

The girls were seen by other female captives who at different times were kept by the insurgents in the two villages in northern part of Cameroon, the Chairman of Chibok Girls Parents Association, Yakubu Nkenke, told our correspondent yesterday.

Nkenke said the girls who escaped and returned to their village near Chibok, disclosed that the 57 girls were broken into two groups and held in Garin Magaji and Garin Mallam villages located in Marwa in northern Cameroon.

According to him, all the girls were married off to Boko Haram fighters across the border and many of them had children.

“Some of the captives escaped from the villages and spent months in military facility in Bama, where they were screened before they were finally released. One of them told us she met many of our abducted girls in two Cameroonian villages”, he disclosed.

“Seven of the abducted Chibok girls are living in Garin Magaji, while 50 others are held in Garin Mallam where they live with their husbands and children,” he added.

Nkenke said testimonies from parents as well as records in the association’s register matched the names of the girls mentioned by the escapees.

Calling on President Muhammadu Buhari to collaborate with his Cameroonian counterpart to rescue the girls, Nkenke said he believed the military had got the information when they screened the escapees in Bama five months ago.

The Chibok leader noted that the information had thrown Chibok community into confusion and grief as parents expected the authorities to swing into action.

Daily Trust had reported on Friday that 25 parents of the abducted girls have died.
However, Nkenke reiterated that the parents remained grateful to the federal government under Buhari, for negotiating the release of 112 girls and rescuing four others.

“Following the visit to Dapchi town by a federal government delegation to meet the parents of Leah Sharibu, the only remaining Dapchi school girl in Boko Haram captivity, the parents of more than 100 Chibok girls still with the insurgents called on President Buhari to extend a similar gesture to Chibok.

“The parents trust the Buhari administration because they fulfilled their promises on the freed 103 girls. Even the four who escaped on their own were able to make it because of the pressure mounted on the insurgents. But as human beings they feel it is taking too long to bring back their children after they were told it would happen soon”, he said.

Meanwhile, a former Boko Haram female captive, Zainab, who escaped three months ago told our correspondent that she lived with three Chibok girls in a mountain community, Dutsen Ibrahim, around Gwoza in Borno State, near the Cameroon border.

“I met some of the Chibok girls in Sambisa, when I lived with my first Boko Haram husband in Sambisa. After my husband died in a battle, I was married to another man, Nuru and we moved to Dutsen Ibrahim, near Ngoshe. There I met three Chibok girls. One of them now bears the Muslim name, Zainab but I don’t know her Christian name. The other one is Yagana,” she said.

When contacted, Col. Clement Nwachukwu, the Media Coordinator, Operation Lafiya Dole, said he could not comment on the matter as he had been outside Maiduguri, his operational base and he was therefore not aware of such development.

“I am in a noisy environment, I am currently in Biu for an assignment, so I don’t have update on what is going on there”, Col. Nwachukwu said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/57-chibok-girls-seen-in-cameroon-parents.html

1 Like

Re: 57 Chibok Girls Seen In Cameroon – Parents by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:14am On Oct 28, 2018
NIGERIAN ARMYYYYYYYYY......

WAKE UP AND MARCH ON NOWWWW.....

.......after some quick and sensible investigation please.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 57 Chibok Girls Seen In Cameroon – Parents by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:15am On Oct 28, 2018
According to him, all the girls were married off to Boko Haram fighters across the border and many of them had children

Something must be done after adequate investigation to this latest development.
Those girls must come back safely to their various families.
So shall it be.........

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 57 Chibok Girls Seen In Cameroon – Parents by IamD18: 7:18am On Oct 28, 2018
Abduction of Chibok girls is a political scam.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 57 Chibok Girls Seen In Cameroon – Parents by jieta: 7:21am On Oct 28, 2018
G
Re: 57 Chibok Girls Seen In Cameroon – Parents by baliyubla: 7:23am On Oct 28, 2018
They were seen in Heaven, not only Cameroon. Everybody taking turns to make a fool of the dullard. That's what happens when a NEPA Bill Certificate bigot presides over a complex society of over 200 million citizens like Nigeria.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 57 Chibok Girls Seen In Cameroon – Parents by agabaI23(m): 7:39am On Oct 28, 2018
One month to election they will be brought back.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: 57 Chibok Girls Seen In Cameroon – Parents by Okoroawusa: 7:41am On Oct 28, 2018
baliyubla:
They were seen in Heaven, not only Cameroon. Everybody taking turns to make a fool of the dullard. That's what happens when a NEPA Bill Certificate bigot presides over a complex society of over 200 million citizens like Nigeria.
Go n remove him na!

nkita ara!

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 57 Chibok Girls Seen In Cameroon – Parents by PFRB: 7:57am On Oct 28, 2018
The scam is coming full circle

2 Likes

Re: 57 Chibok Girls Seen In Cameroon – Parents by Racoon(m): 8:22am On Oct 28, 2018
Suddenly the insurgents/kidnap sagas are now coming in full circle @ the eve of an election year.Political conspiracy!
-https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/57-chibok-girls-seen-in-cameroon-parents.html

-https://www.nairaland.com/dresmithen
Re: 57 Chibok Girls Seen In Cameroon – Parents by Firefire(m): 9:31am On Oct 28, 2018
IamD18:
Abduction of Chibok girls is a political scam.

By APC, Buhary & their co-terrorists.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 57 Chibok Girls Seen In Cameroon – Parents by Firefire(m): 9:33am On Oct 28, 2018
agabaI23:
One month to election they will be brought back.

To deceive the fools still supporting the terrorist

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 57 Chibok Girls Seen In Cameroon – Parents by Arthurity1(m): 9:56am On Oct 28, 2018
How is it possible that the parents of these girls know where they are and the combined armies of Nigeria and Cameroon doesn't? I don't know whether this is all lies or if it's the truth. If this information is true then they shouldn't have leaked it to the press.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 57 Chibok Girls Seen In Cameroon – Parents by Ibegtodiffer: 10:03am On Oct 28, 2018
I strongly believe that Boko Haram can be defeated. The only thing Nigeria as a nation has decided never to defeat are the beneficiaries. And as long as we don't defeat the beneficiaries, all we're doing is sacrificing our gallant soldiers.

6 Likes

Re: 57 Chibok Girls Seen In Cameroon – Parents by agabaI23(m): 10:17am On Oct 28, 2018
Firefire:

To deceive the fools still supporting the terrorist
Honestly!

1 Like

Re: 57 Chibok Girls Seen In Cameroon – Parents by segebase(m): 11:37am On Oct 28, 2018
APC at it again
Re: 57 Chibok Girls Seen In Cameroon – Parents by oshe111(m): 11:53am On Oct 28, 2018
Ezekwesili right now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 57 Chibok Girls Seen In Cameroon – Parents by ijustdey: 4:38pm On Oct 28, 2018
cc lalasticlala

this chibok issue was one of the cardinal points PMB uses to win the election in 2015 but up till now he hasn't had a clue

are we now going to elect him again on promises he won't have a clue to it's solution

7 Likes

Re: 57 Chibok Girls Seen In Cameroon – Parents by Kenekingisback: 7:30pm On Oct 28, 2018
Stories as election time don dey reach grin grin grin

useless government of APC

2 Likes

Re: 57 Chibok Girls Seen In Cameroon – Parents by BruncleZuma: 7:31pm On Oct 28, 2018
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 57 Chibok Girls Seen In Cameroon – Parents by miqos02(m): 7:32pm On Oct 28, 2018
Hoooo
Re: 57 Chibok Girls Seen In Cameroon – Parents by Bossontop(m): 7:33pm On Oct 28, 2018
undecided
U sure say dis nor be anoda propaganda??

1 Like

Re: 57 Chibok Girls Seen In Cameroon – Parents by chinavs9ja(m): 7:33pm On Oct 28, 2018
I refused to be deceived by loser with no certificate!

I am a web developer and writer check my signature
Re: 57 Chibok Girls Seen In Cameroon – Parents by Bambambiglo: 7:33pm On Oct 28, 2018
Shame on Igbos
Re: 57 Chibok Girls Seen In Cameroon – Parents by observanc1: 7:33pm On Oct 28, 2018
Okoroawusa:

Go n remove him na!

nkita ara!
give us till Feb 2019. We shall surely remove him
Re: 57 Chibok Girls Seen In Cameroon – Parents by yeman2012(m): 7:33pm On Oct 28, 2018
that's serious
Re: 57 Chibok Girls Seen In Cameroon – Parents by yanituyeyo: 7:33pm On Oct 28, 2018
chibok girls in caemoroon. this is interesting
Re: 57 Chibok Girls Seen In Cameroon – Parents by AutoReportNG: 7:34pm On Oct 28, 2018
This ought to be an INTEL and not what you release to media... These people self
Re: 57 Chibok Girls Seen In Cameroon – Parents by Firefire(m): 7:35pm On Oct 28, 2018
Scoring FAKE political goal.

1 Like

Re: 57 Chibok Girls Seen In Cameroon – Parents by realvikash: 7:39pm On Oct 28, 2018
Lies, since 2014,
Y'all should continue decieving yasef angry

Re: 57 Chibok Girls Seen In Cameroon – Parents by realvikash: 7:39pm On Oct 28, 2018
Lies

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

General Attahiru’s Death: Nigeria Going Through Difficult Time – US / Sing National Anthem In Yoruba Daily, Gov. Ambode Tells Lagos Principals, Teache / Dead Faruk Bagudu Buried: Atiku Bagudu Buries His Younger Brother (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.