Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,299 members, 7,860,730 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:06 PM

Why Atiku’s Peter Obi Pick Divided South-East - Thisday Newspaper - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Atiku’s Peter Obi Pick Divided South-East - Thisday Newspaper (21498 Views)

Osun Election: How ThisDay Newspaper Captioned Adeleke's Victory / Abubakri Yekini's ThisDay Newspaper Advert Discrediting #EndSARS Report / Pressure Mounts On APC To Disqualify Obaseki From Guber Race - Thisday Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Atiku’s Peter Obi Pick Divided South-East - Thisday Newspaper by slickbak(m): 3:38pm On Oct 28, 2018
valenu:
If this is true, then I'm afraid Atiku could dribble Nigeria if given the opportunity. At this point, I am stopping my atikulation. All the politicians are evil. I'm no longer supporting any candidate. Whoever wins, I no send! Evil northerners.
[b][/b]Them tell you say politics 4 this country na rice & beans or Bible study?
Re: Why Atiku’s Peter Obi Pick Divided South-East - Thisday Newspaper by GoldHorse(m): 3:45pm On Oct 28, 2018
Obasanjo right once again about Atiku....

1 Like

Re: Why Atiku’s Peter Obi Pick Divided South-East - Thisday Newspaper by KanwuliaExtra: 3:55pm On Oct 28, 2018
awa:

I am responding to your comment because you may have some points but may I remind you that what makes Ibos unique is that we ain't easily all carried along without superior argument. We discuss our matter at 'Obi' with all the "Umunna" in attendance and most often superior argument always take place.

I feel the Press and APC proxies are trying to use the Obi choice to cause disunity where there is none.
Lest I forget, Ibos having one party system doesn't mean we love each other...Days are gone when people keep telling me Ibos hate themselves.

Time will always tell. Love shows best in how well you live and treat each other.

Your Igbo leaders in the East have failed to develop their states and selfishly divert funds for personal uses. How are they different from the non-Igbo states? How can you prove you love yourselves but remain underdeveloped and impoverished like the rest of Nigeria?

I expected the whole EASTERN Nigeria to look like China by now to prove the point of socioeconomic independence from the rest of Nigeria.

As of 4 days ago Abia and Anambra states topped the dirtiest states in Nigeria. If you fail to take care of your environment and people, you do not love yourselves. In the final analysis, nothing separates the East from the rest of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Atiku’s Peter Obi Pick Divided South-East - Thisday Newspaper by KanwuliaExtra: 4:05pm On Oct 28, 2018
Nasafina:

The only people not united in Igboland are the politicians. Next time address the politicians and not the entire Igboland who are Biafrans. After all we don't care who becomes the vp because we ain't voting.

Lest i forget have you submitted your ancestral land to the fulanis in order to stay alive

Are the politicians the ones that made Abia and Anambra the dirtiest states in Nigeria? cheesy You live like PIGS and you blame politicians? You don’t need to vote because the chains that bind you are inside your brain.

A Fulani rules Nigeria and may never leave power. You can’t even flush your toilets in the East and you are talking of unity. When will you UNITE and clear all the refuse dumps to prove you are superior to other ethnic groups? undecided

This is a most simple task in proving your ability to govern yourselves. It looks like y’all need some APC BROOMS for real. cheesy

You want a referendum before you clean your slum cities? The politicians you are denigrating are not from YOUR VILLAGES? Or are they FULANIS? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Atiku’s Peter Obi Pick Divided South-East - Thisday Newspaper by Nasafina(f): 4:16pm On Oct 28, 2018
[s]
KanwuliaExtra:

Are the politicians the ones that made Abia and Anambra the dirtiest states in Nigeria? cheesy You live like PIGS and you blame politicians? You don’t need to vote because the chains that bind you are inside your brain.

A Fulani rules Nigeria and may never leave power. You can’t even flush your toilets in the East and you are talking of unity. When will you UNITE and clear all the refuse dumps to prove you are superior to other ethnic groups? undecided

This is a most simple task in proving your ability to govern yourselves. It looks like y’all need some APC BROOMS for real. cheesy

You want a referendum before you clean your slum cities? The politicians you are denigrating are not from YOUR VILLAGES? Or are they FULANIS? cheesy
[/s]

Ab0ki no vex o, i was just correcting you

Re: Why Atiku’s Peter Obi Pick Divided South-East - Thisday Newspaper by salam1(m): 4:19pm On Oct 28, 2018
thunderfirebuha:
They should leave PDP ATIKU and OBI alone.

Enough of all these stupid write-ups against ATIKU Peter Obi ticket...

Who is talking about LIFELESS Osinbanjo ticket

the lifeless is better than ur generation all together

1 Like

Re: Why Atiku’s Peter Obi Pick Divided South-East - Thisday Newspaper by ekestic1976(f): 4:32pm On Oct 28, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Ordinary Vice- President they are divided, if them come give President nko?

President? Who go dash frog coat?

1 Like

Re: Why Atiku’s Peter Obi Pick Divided South-East - Thisday Newspaper by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 28, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

The bulk of Igbos support Peter Obi. 5 Eastern governor's can't make you say they aren't harmonious and it went this far cos it's Ekweremadu that is behind all that.

Which disharmony again? Igbos have been delivering bloc votes ever, is that not one voice enough?
When they divide votes, some call it disunity. Please, your submission on this matter isn't accurate.

It's the North's turn to produce presidency 2019, look how many of them that turned up. And they have lots of political enemies as well.
The press is intentionally elongating this matter and adding life to it when it had dies down. Ever since Peter Obi was made VP candidate, the East has long been Atikulated.

Stop replying those ones. In their region, their ruling party have factions in almost every state, but they no dey use ear hear say Igbo man get small wahala with another Igbo man. They will write long epistles on it and advertise it on Google and facebook ads. SMH.
Re: Why Atiku’s Peter Obi Pick Divided South-East - Thisday Newspaper by Kennydoc(m): 4:56pm On Oct 28, 2018
iammo:
smiley when fashola openly gave strategy for Yoruba to capture power come 2023 their youths called us names, little did we know they secretly have similar plans only difference is atiku can never agree to single term,
loyalty and first allegiance always goes to your nationality/ethnicity in a multi-ethnic/nationality country it happened in USSR, it happened with the Irish, Scottish, welsh and British. Hypocrites should save us the bigot name calling B.S. 2019 all man for himself

By next year, Yorubas would have been president for 8 years and VP for 4 years out of 20 years of democracy. Has any Igbo man handled any of these positions for the past 35 years? Are we not all Nigerians?
In the spirit of fairness, a Yoruba man shouldn't handle any of those 2 positions for at least the next 20 years by which time power would have come back to the south for 8 years, gone to the north for another 8 years and would be returning to the south.
Re: Why Atiku’s Peter Obi Pick Divided South-East - Thisday Newspaper by iammo(m): 5:54pm On Oct 28, 2018
Kennydoc:

By next year, Yorubas would have been president for 8 years and VP for 4 years out of 20 years of democracy. Has any Igbo man handled any of these positions for the past 35 years? Are we not all Nigerians?
In the spirit of fairness, a Yoruba man shouldn't handle any of those 2 positions for at least the next 20 years by which time power would have come back to the south for 8 years, gone to the north for another 8 years and would be returning to the south.

Lol "spirit of fairness" this is politics bro not some charity event. You must respect other tribe to get their votes and forge alliance with the majority tribe. At least unlike the punk that attacked me and tried to emotional blackmail me not to support a Yoruba presidency come 2023 you were diplomatic a feat many lack. People like okorohausa and orji kalu had started building the bridge of trust only for ipob and their leaders to begin the hate speeches

1 Like

Re: Why Atiku’s Peter Obi Pick Divided South-East - Thisday Newspaper by Ejaisky: 6:00pm On Oct 28, 2018
Igbos!
Re: Why Atiku’s Peter Obi Pick Divided South-East - Thisday Newspaper by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 28, 2018
odiks:
How promise of vice presidency to multiple candidates caused a storm

Igbo leaders demand agreement on single term

It has emerged that the immediate pushback by South-east leaders against the choice of their kinsman, Mr. Peter Obi, as running mate to the presidential candidate of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in next year’s election, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, was due to an alleged multiplicity of persons promised the same post. Atiku was said to have promised about five people from the zone the same position, but settled for Obi without running it by the others.

Thus, rather than elicit excitement, Atiku’s eventual pick of Obi caused unexpected rage among the political elite in the South-east, as a majority of them considered his decision without consultation a betrayal.

Among those believed to have been promised the vice presidential position were the Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu; Chairman, South-east Governors Forum and Governor of Ebonyi State, Chief David Umahi; Obi himself; and two others, whose identities could not be immediately ascertained at the time of going to press.

THISDAY learnt that Atiku was advised by his campaign team to promise as many people as possible the vice presidential position, which was exactly what he did as a way to corner the South-east votes at the convention. It was on the basis of this that many of the potential picks went to work and campaigned vigorously, mobilising the South-east states to support Atiku’s presidential bid and at the same time committing huge personal resources in the hope that an Atiku win would automatically catapult their political career.

Unfortunately, while they were still celebrating Atiku’s victory and the hitch-free convention that brought him, the news broke on the social media that Atiku had settled for Obi, a former governor of Anambra State, as his running mate.

According to one of the former vice presidential hopefuls, who preferred anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the issue, he was shocked by the news.

“I thought it was fake news, when I first heard it on the social media,” he said. “I was shocked. It hit me so hard I couldn’t believe it, not even the courtesy of one phone call to let me know things had changed and that the promise earlier made to me was no longer feasible. At least, I would understand.” Another person said to have been promised the same post also lamented the way Atiku eventually made his pick without recourse to them.

He said, “Many of us were disappointed. We expected that having emerged as the PDP candidate the running mate pick would go through a process that would eventually lead to his pick. But that was not the case. We had even thought of involving APGA to get their buy-in so that the entire South-east would be involved in the selection process, which would have put us in a very strong position going into the election.

“Right now, Atiku does not have APGA on his side and this is critical if we must mobilise the entire South-east to turn out massively to vote. Don’t forget Goodluck Jonathan lost by about two million votes, if South-east had turned out massively to vote, the story would have been different.

“So, the strong resistance from the South-east leaders wasn’t so much a rejection of Peter Obi, but more about the disappointment by some of those that Atiku had promised the same position and the lack of consultation that led to the eventual pick of Obi.”

The choice of Obi as running mate seems to have particularly affected the political career of Ekweremdu, presently the highest political office holder from the South-east. Should Atiku win the presidency in 2019, Ekweremadu, assuming he goes back to the senate cannot remain Deputy Senate President since Peter Obi would be the Vice President. The position of Deputy Senate President would naturally be zoned to another region to maintain balance and representation. So what is there for Ekweremadu?

Many are of the view that Atiku bungled the process of picking his running mate and, ultimately, watered down the momentum his emergence had generated. Multiple sources close to opinion moulders in the South-east have expressed fear that should Buhari strike a deal with the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), it may create problems for Atiku.

Already, many of Atiku supporters are believed to be worried about South-east mobilisation in next year’s general election, especially, since the governors, who are unhappy with the current situation, are effectively in control of their people.

Many stakeholders are now of the view that if the Atiku/Obi ticket is to have the kind of acceptance expected from the zone, Atiku and his team would have to properly manage the situation without giving the impression that “there is nothing they can do about the decision he has taken”.

THISDAY has also learnt that Igbo leaders are demanding an agreement from Atiku on his offer to do just one term of four years which was one of the selling point to get South-east support.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/10/28/why-atikus-peter-obi-pick-divided-south-east/?amp
Nothing can divide the SE.

Useless articles.
Re: Why Atiku’s Peter Obi Pick Divided South-East - Thisday Newspaper by KanwuliaExtra: 6:33pm On Oct 28, 2018
Nasafina:
[s][/s]

Ab0ki no vex o, i was just correcting you
Aboki dey waste time on NL? grin
I bet you have never seen one in real life, yet they control your lives remotely in Nigeria, through your own POLITICAL SWINE-HERD who keep opening their azzzes in Abuja to be screwed. You can only make some noise in the TRIBAL SECTION of NL. cheesy If you encounter one in real life, you will be doing “operation-pick-pin” I swear.

Please, Aboki is not responsible for your misfortunes. They only capitalize on your low self-esteem, laziness and GREED!
Re: Why Atiku’s Peter Obi Pick Divided South-East - Thisday Newspaper by Naajjii: 6:35pm On Oct 28, 2018
Kennydoc:

Bro atleast Igbo had VP, upto like 5 Senate Presidents, deputy Senate President, deputy speaker and dominated Goodluck's government. What about other Nigerians that never had the chance are they not equally Nigerians?

2 Likes

Re: Why Atiku’s Peter Obi Pick Divided South-East - Thisday Newspaper by KanwuliaExtra: 6:43pm On Oct 28, 2018
Naajjii:

Bro atleast Igbo had VP, upto like 5 Senate Presidents, deputy Senate President, deputy speaker and dominated Goodluck's government. What about other Nigerians that never had the chance are they not equally Nigerians?

The ones ndi-Igbo politicians CHOPPED in IGBOLAND with alll the politics posts nko? What have they to show for THEM? The want the title of PRESIDENT to be relevant in life! All the money the East in the past 20 years went to PRIVATE POCKETS.

How well have they managed their allocated resources? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Atiku’s Peter Obi Pick Divided South-East - Thisday Newspaper by dahnimoh(m): 7:12pm On Oct 28, 2018
kahal29:

This speaks volumes about the person of Atiku

Is it worse than staging a coup on a Democratically elected government?
Buhari's case is Treason
Re: Why Atiku’s Peter Obi Pick Divided South-East - Thisday Newspaper by Nasafina(f): 7:21pm On Oct 28, 2018
[s]
KanwuliaExtra:

Aboki dey waste time on NL? grin
I bet you have never seen one in real life, yet they control your lives remotely in Nigeria, through your own POLITICAL SWINE-HERD who keep opening their azzzes in Abuja to be screwed. You can only make some noise in the TRIBAL SECTION of NL. cheesy If you encounter one in real life, you will be doing “operation-pick-pin” I swear.

Please, Aboki is not responsible for your misfortunes. They only capitalize on your low self-esteem, laziness and GREED!

[/s]

Rubbish 70% of ab0kis live in abject poverty and 75% are full time illiterates

Wetin concern me and almajiri, ab0kis have been ruling since 1900 and yet produces the highest number of poor people, beggars and illiterates make una de enjoy una thing biko
Re: Why Atiku’s Peter Obi Pick Divided South-East - Thisday Newspaper by Tabuku: 7:29pm On Oct 28, 2018
Now we understand that those people have selfish interests for only them selfs. I can’t immag as 8 out of the PDP primaries are all Northerners. But alter Atiku was declear winning, the other 8 back and supported him. But look at Egbo showing they are not united. To be candid, if they all didn’t stop all this nonsense and go supporting Obi, then that will be there last to test President or vice. Because I swear APC will never endorse Egbo man for president, instead they will nominate a Muslim Yoruba man.
Re: Why Atiku’s Peter Obi Pick Divided South-East - Thisday Newspaper by Kennydoc(m): 8:29pm On Oct 28, 2018
Naajjii:

The last Igbo VP was Ekwueme and Buhari overthrew their government in 1983.
Senate President position was zoned to Igbos between 1999 to 2007, but because we couldn't get our acts right, it revolved between the 5 SE states that's why there were 5 Igbo Senate presidents. David Mark handled the position all alone for 8 years when it got to the NC.
Igbos constitute a whole geopolitical zone and are the third most populous tribe, just a little fewer than Yorubas. I am actually referring to the angle of the geopolitical zones when I mention Igbos, not just as one of the over 250 tribes in Nigeria.
If Yorubas or Hausas won't be happy to be neglected in Nigeria, they shouldn't feel itvs okay for Igbos to be neglected.
Re: Why Atiku’s Peter Obi Pick Divided South-East - Thisday Newspaper by Kennydoc(m): 8:35pm On Oct 28, 2018
iammo:

Lol "spirit of fairness" this is politics bro not some charity event. You must respect other tribe to get their votes and forge alliance with the majority tribe. At least unlike the punk that attacked me and tried to emotional blackmail me not to support a Yoruba presidency come 2023 you were diplomatic a feat many lack. People like okorohausa and orji kalu had started building the bridge of trust only for ipob and their leaders to begin the hate speeches

You people are taking all these respecting other tribes and alliances talk too far. What happens on Nairaland doesn't represent the state of Nigeria.
Igbos respect other people and that's why they coexist with several people groups in all the nooks and crannies of Nigeria. In many communities where Igbos live, they are so vital to the economy of those areas that without them, those people will find it difficult to cope. There is no local government in Nigeria where you won't see tens or even hundreds of Igbos.
Talking about alliances, because Igbos lost out in 2015, we shouldn't forget they have had strong alliances with the north for several years under PDP. Let's not blow these alliances talk out of proportion. If PDP comes back into power (which is very possible), Igbos will become key drivers of the economy again, just that we haven't been privileged to be president or VP. It's not as if most Igbos care much about those positions anyway.
Re: Why Atiku’s Peter Obi Pick Divided South-East - Thisday Newspaper by ladman(m): 8:39pm On Oct 28, 2018
All of these disturbing news will fade away and things are likely to settle.

Most Igbos will support the PDP, APGA presidential candidates na for play play jare.

If the governors sabotage Atiku/Obi, then they have proven to be the main problem of the southeast as many have always thought.

Choosing Ekweremadu would have meant another loss for Atiku. His politics with Saraki makes him less appealing to younger Nigerians.

But Obi on the other hand with his views and antecedents on running a lean government gives PDP a chance to more non-partisan votes in the southwest, which are deciding votes.
Re: Why Atiku’s Peter Obi Pick Divided South-East - Thisday Newspaper by chinedumoooo: 8:44pm On Oct 28, 2018
It is call political mis-calculation for the PDP and its presidencial candidate.divided shall fall while unity shall stand but in this case i can see division among ndi igbo towards crucial appointment.everybody can not selected as vice to atiku, despite all this noise pdp is death before arriver.
Re: Why Atiku’s Peter Obi Pick Divided South-East - Thisday Newspaper by omohayek: 8:46pm On Oct 28, 2018
I really don't understand this primitive Nigerian obsession with having a President from one's zone or tribe; how exactly do fellow "zone" or "tribe" members benefit, other than through the patronage opportunities it provides a handful of politicians at the top? How has Buhari's residing in Aso Rock made life any better for the tens of millions of northerners who live in abject poverty? What wonderful benefits will Igbos achieve just by the mere fact that a President is Igbo? Will manna fall down from heaven the moment he or she is sworn in or something? And what of the 300+ other ethnic groups in Nigeria who aren't Fulani, Yoruba or Igbo? If this pathetic "turn by turn" tribal politics is acceptable, when will the Edos, Urhobos, Tivs, Itsekiris, Igalas, Efiks and all the others get their turn at having their "son" or "daughter" in Aso Rock? What about the Hausas, who have never actually had one of their own at the top in 58 years of Nigerian independence?

The complete lack of interest in ideologies and policy platforms, in favor of an utterly ridiculous obsession with "zoning" of "juicy" positions, is nothing more or less than the crowning of a crude, tribal-based, rent-seeking mentality over any kind of constructive governance. You can pretend all you want, but all it amounts to is basically "It is our turn to control who gets to chop (i.e. steal) the national cake", as it isn't the tribal origin of a politician which determines his or her fitness to run a country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Atiku’s Peter Obi Pick Divided South-East - Thisday Newspaper by ladman(m): 8:56pm On Oct 28, 2018
Kennydoc:

You people are taking all these respecting other tribes and alliances talk too far. What happens on Nairaland doesn't represent the state of Nigeria.
Igbos respect other people and that's why they coexist with several people groups in all the nooks and crannies of Nigeria. In many communities where Igbos live, they are so vital to the economy of those areas that without them, those people will find it difficult to cope. There is no local government in Nigeria where you won't see tens or even hundreds of Igbos.
Talking about alliances, because Igbos lost out in 2015, we shouldn't forget they have had strong alliances with the north for several years under PDP. Let's not blow these alliances talk out of proportion. If PDP comes back into power (which is very possible), Igbos will become key drivers of the economy again, just that we haven't been privileged to be president or VP. It's not as if most Igbos care much about those positions anyway.

In many communities where Igbos live, they are so vital to the economy of those areas that without them, those people will find it difficult to cope. There is no local

It is opinions like these that make it difficult for peope to trust supporting Igbos to a position they deserve as one of the three major tribes.

it's not as if most Igbos care much about those positions anyway

But most Igbos do and as earlier stated, as a major tribe, the igbos deserve a shot at the position, but it is never given. It is based on alliances, constant shaking of hands, a united tribal front and political friendliness.(something only the northerners have perfected).

1 Like

Re: Why Atiku’s Peter Obi Pick Divided South-East - Thisday Newspaper by ladman(m): 8:59pm On Oct 28, 2018
omohayek:
I really don't understand this primitive Nigerian obsession with having a President from one's zone or tribe; how exactly do fellow "zone" or "tribe" members benefit, other than through the patronage opportunities it provides a handful of politicians at the top? How has Buhari's residing in Aso Rock made life any better for the tens of millions of northerners who live in abject poverty? What wonderful benefits will Igbos achieve just by the mere fact that a President is Igbo? Will manna fall down from heaven the moment he or she is sworn in or something? And what of the 300+ other ethnic groups in Nigeria who aren't Fulani, Yoruba or Igbo? If this pathetic "turn by turn" tribal politics is acceptable, when will the Edos, Urhobos, Tivs, Itsekiris, Igalas, Efiks and all the others get their turn at having their "son" or "daughter" in Aso Rock? What about the Hausas, who have never actually had one of their own at the top in 58 years of Nigerian independence?

The complete lack of interest in ideologies and policy platforms, in favor of an utterly ridiculous obsession with "zoning" of "juicy" positions, is nothing more or less than the crowning of a crude, tribal-based, rent-seeking mentality over any kind of constructive governance. You can pretend all you want, but all it amounts to is basically "It is our turn to control who gets to chop (i.e. steal) the national cake", as it isn't the tribal origin of a politician which determines his or her fitness to run a country.

The real truth of the matter that unfortunately only few people pay attention to, hence why it falls on deaf ears.
Re: Why Atiku’s Peter Obi Pick Divided South-East - Thisday Newspaper by King44(m): 9:18pm On Oct 28, 2018
In a nutshell they want Atiku to do four years (of which like buhari I would want to do 8 yrs like buhari) since they are not happy with him for picking obi and after an Igbo becomes presidential candidate of PDP come 2023 the wey they are trying to rush things ehn, I wonder if they came from Russia, anyways as long as the country gets better n there is fair play no wahala, but if Atiku could decieve five people on one opportunity what is the assurance that the restructure he promised is nothing but lies although I no believe am from the start but anything to kick buhari out is welcomed
Re: Why Atiku’s Peter Obi Pick Divided South-East - Thisday Newspaper by abefeb1(m): 9:18pm On Oct 28, 2018
futuregovernor:
Thisday, stop further investigation on this matter,we have a vice presidential candidate. APC zombies can wail or jump into lagoon. Press like button for PDP
This one is stylishly begging for likes..lol
Re: Why Atiku’s Peter Obi Pick Divided South-East - Thisday Newspaper by uslaad(m): 9:28pm On Oct 28, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

In presidential election, they are one party and that's all that matters.
APGA usually supports any federal PDP candidate. Which other region does that?
Igbos are politically united to a fault. Some diss them for putting all eggs in one basket sef

They are united and they voted in bulk for the President right from 1999 to 2015, same will surely happen in 2019 by GOD grace. It can be confirmed from OBJ and Jonathan era. The only fault is that they don't negotiate well, they don't look ahead or apply heuristic calculation; they ought to bargain with whosoever APC or PDP, don't use sentiment or personal thoughts rather generalised. In a nutshell there is need to act with thorough analysis. Politics is like checkers - draft game (you have to give before you take, at times you give, give and give before you begin taking with calculated tactics) or chess game, if you don't make the right move forget it... You become vulnerable.

Just imagine how the SS and SW will negotiate with PMB and Atiku on separate grounds, it will be a win-win situation.

One thing is sure... If you choose a wrong side, don't expect to reap where you didn't sow.

1 Like

Re: Why Atiku’s Peter Obi Pick Divided South-East - Thisday Newspaper by KanwuliaExtra: 10:23pm On Oct 28, 2018
Nasafina:
[s][/s]

Rubbish 70% of ab0kis live in abject poverty and 75% are full time illiterates

Wetin concern me and almajiri, ab0kis have been ruling since 1900 and yet produces the highest number of poor people, beggars and illiterates make una de enjoy una thing biko

Your time is up.
Have a good night. kiss
Re: Why Atiku’s Peter Obi Pick Divided South-East - Thisday Newspaper by Boyooosa(m): 11:28pm On Oct 28, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:
The East will never unite and agree with 1 voice.
The marginalization is like cancer spreading internally. The result is that they now marginalize themselves. embarassed

If Biafra were a reality, they would kill themseles to agree on one president. embarassed

If they don’t get their way, they become sellouts, disintergrate to other parties and become errand boys and girls to the same “Bastards of the North” they loathe so much.

I can understand selling your political birthright in other ethnic groups of Nigeria, but not within the IGBOS that paid a hefty price during the civil war.

Why do the IGBOS remain so disharmonious? undecided
Did they not learn from the past? undecided

If Peter Obi was chosen as VP, that is the best Igbos can do for now. Support now and address your concerns later. A house divided can never stand challenges. Afterall, what true powers do VPs have? Who knows Donald Trump’s VP? undecided
Atiku can never be trusted, let them get clear terms now! when the deal has not been sealed.
I suspect Atiku has transfered his spirit of desperation to you.
Re: Why Atiku’s Peter Obi Pick Divided South-East - Thisday Newspaper by KanwuliaExtra: 2:55am On Oct 29, 2018
Boyooosa:

Atiku can never be trusted, let them get clear terms now! when the deal has not been sealed.
I suspect Atiku has transfered his spirit of desperation to you.

The clear terms were already established.
I think it was to make Atiku so ONE TERM to complete the Northern rotation and edge off the Yorubas who hungrily want to regain the presidential seat in 2023.

Can Atiku be trusted?
I honestly do not know.
Power corrupts ABSOLUTELY! embarassed

Spirit of desperation ke? The mal is 71 years old. I would be desperate if it were my last chance at my life’s dream. I am still living mine on and off NL. cool
Re: Why Atiku’s Peter Obi Pick Divided South-East - Thisday Newspaper by Boyooosa(m): 7:12am On Oct 29, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:

The clear terms were already established.
I think it was to make Atiku so ONE TERM to complete the Northern rotation and edge off the Yorubas who hungrily want to regain the presidential seat in 2023.

Can Atiku be trusted?
I honestly do not know.
Power corrupts ABSOLUTELY! embarassed

Spirit of desperation ke? The mal is 71 years old. I would be desperate if it were my last chance at my life’s dream. I am still living mine on and off NL. cool
I mentioned trust earlier and in affirmation, that's Atiku major problem. He can not be trusted. His desperation can not be traced to his current age alone but as at the first tenure of obj, he started the desperation vack then. He showed it in the time of gej and even in the early days of buhari emerging as the president. I dont want to go into his youthful period as a custom officer. His business life and the rest...
I think fashola is having some undiscovered health challenges for him to be making such hallucinations for campaign and I believe if buhari himself still has a good mental capacity to analyse, he will find out that that manifesto will cast them both in the sw n the se.
Yoruba people generally don't like cheating and as well detest to be cheated.
Everybody knows that 2023 election is supposed to favor se and by no reason I would think the good Yoruba's would work against that. But my fear is that, will se be intelligent enough to come with a credible candidate? Not with their record and even their present disjoint. I hope sha...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayemi Declines EFCC Invitation, Gives Reason / Video: Nigerian House Of Rep Member Defending Pay, Says He Is Not Payed Enough / President Buhari At The Special Jumat Prayers To Celebrate The Army Week. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.