Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,737 members, 7,813,420 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' (33241 Views)

Going To Court Over Buhari's Certificate Is A Waste Of Time – Garba Shehu / Buhari’s Certificate Saga A Dead Issue, Only Idle People Consider It - Adesina / Dele Momodu Speaks On Buhari's Certificate (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by miqos02(m): 6:33am On Oct 29, 2018
The former Chief of staff, Lt. General Ipoola Alani Akinrinade, Sunday, slammed those criticizing President Muhammadu Buhari over his statement that his West African School Certificate Examination certificate, WACE, was with the Nigerian Army.

In a statement disclosed by Mr President’s special adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, the former Chief of Defence Staff insisted that Buhari has a certificate.

Angered at the spate at which Nigerians lambast Buhari over his certificate, Akinrinade blamed the Nigeria’s recording system. His words, “How many years ago ?… 50 years. And Nigeria with our (poor) record keeping and filing things into an archive. If we have an archive at all; an archive inhabited by rats and cockroaches. I think it’s an insult”.

However, clearing the air he said that the certificate saga was an insult to the Nigerian Army, noting that the time Buhari joined the Armed forces ‘there were no cutting corners’.

Read the full statement below:

“… The most annoying one is the case about (Muhammadu) Buhari not having a Certificate.

It is an insult to the Armed Forces, a terrible insult to the Armed Forces.

If they are so embedded in the system and they have lost their souls, then they can go ahead and join everybody else in castigating a General of Buhari’s calibre.

They are now talking about a School Certificate.

By the time he joined the Army in those days, there were no cutting corners.

It is later when these same Civilians took over from the Army that admission into it became less transparent.

I can give you an instance.

There was Course Five around 1964: if one did not have a School Certificate, one couldn’t apply to join the Army.

And I know up to 1963 when the last General Officer Commanding left Nigeria, there were no corners to be cut.

There was no such thing. Everything was on merit.

And that was how it was till Buhari’s time.

Buhari attended the Mons (Officer Cadet School in Aldershot in England) and the Staff College.

I don’t want to think they have an idea what they teach in those places.

And the rest of us pretend as if we don’t know what they do there.

You send a man to America for one and a half years in a Military School.

Do they think he just went there to learn how to fire a rifle ?

No.

As I speak to you, I don’t know where my original Certificate is because we gave the original to the Military Board.

They took it from us when we applied to join the Army.

You give the original copy of credentials to the Board.

They take it and keep it in your file, that’s what happened.

How many years ago ?… 50 years.

And Nigeria with our (poor) record keeping and filing things into an archive. If we have an archive at all; an archive inhabited by rats and cockroaches. I think it’s an insult.

I take it as a personal insult”

– Gen Alani Akinrinade.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/10/buharis-certificate-saga-its-an-insult-to-the-armed-forces-gen-alani-akinrinade/amp/

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by hisgrace090: 6:41am On Oct 29, 2018
Terrible indeed!

It doese not portray us well as a nation.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by Minjim: 6:46am On Oct 29, 2018
Those complaining are only motivated by ignorance, hatred, money and stupidity

104 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by simplycarro: 6:46am On Oct 29, 2018
Even their newly recruited chief wailer OBJ will never say such thing that PMB have no WASC

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by seunmsg(m): 6:47am On Oct 29, 2018
It is only a foolish person that would think a retired general that attended some of the best military training schools around the world is an illiterate and not qualified to contest.

Lalasticlala, this should be on front page.

78 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by obedugo(m): 6:50am On Oct 29, 2018
all this people above me are enemies of the state Atikulation issa goal

112 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by Bright4(m): 6:58am On Oct 29, 2018
The wailer would not still accept the fact...since it doesn't go in their direction...

Now that they don't have anything to hold against the general, they keep looking for what's not lost.

After how many years? Jeeesus
grin

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 29, 2018
all these useless ipob miscreants are hiding now since their lies have been.bursted by a rtd general
awon omo.iran kiran

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by RatedStar: 7:12am On Oct 29, 2018
If the Nigerian Army are with his certificate, and PMB now the boss of said army, why can’t they come out to clear the whole issue up ones and for all?

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 29, 2018
seunmsg:
It is only a foolish person that would think a retired general that attended some of the best military training schools around the world is an illiterate and not qualified to contest.

Lalasticlala, this should be on front page.

Listen carefully: My uncle, a world renowned surgeon was working with Johns hopkins in the United States. When he decided he wanted to come back to Nigeria to work, National Hospital Abuja accepted his application immediately, but by the time he came down to Nigeria, he was required to submit his basic qualifying certificates. He was even required to submit his MBBS despite having several post graduate degrees in surgery and recommendations from john hopkins. Nigeria president is the biggest job in Nigeria, not something you joke with like all of you are currently doing. Buhari ought to submit that minimum qualification even if he got courses under his belt. That general is saying rubbish. If you must show your certificate for any job in Nigeria, it applies to the president. You guys are just killing principles in the country with your dishonesty, but you do not know it

228 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by Omeokachie: 7:35am On Oct 29, 2018
Another emotional outburst.

What does the INEC and Electoral guidelines say?
Did it mandate would be candidates to have a set of qualifications?
How do you prove you possess said qualification if you do not have a certificate to tender?
Rules are rules, and that is what opposition are saying.

Simply put, Buhari cannot provide proof that he has the qualification to stand for election in Nigeria. QED

113 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by simplycarro: 7:39am On Oct 29, 2018
obedugo:
all this people above me are enemies of the state Atikulation issa goal

You are the real enemy of the state, because just few months ago, you were shouting Biafra or death for you .

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by Kingosytex(m): 7:44am On Oct 29, 2018
this drama is becoming childish, the military should provide the result if they are with it, or better still they should go and get the results from WAEC. there is no big deal there.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by velocity25(m): 7:51am On Oct 29, 2018
another rubbish if OBJ still have his credentials intact na waec of lifeless go be wahala

12 Likes

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by yanabasee(m): 8:29am On Oct 29, 2018
Nonsense talk....

When he was shortlisted to study in England, was his credentials not issued to the force's institution that he was admitted into?? Or he was just handed over without his transcripts?

He's now the President... He knew he will go for a second term... He was supposed to summon WAEC DG and the Army Generals to excavate a copy of his WAEC result wherever it was buried...

Always cooking up silly excuses to feed his lazy youths....

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by kgr8mike(m): 8:29am On Oct 29, 2018
Ok
Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by Alexis11: 8:30am On Oct 29, 2018
True!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by Splasshhh(f): 8:30am On Oct 29, 2018
undecided
Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by IrokoOluwere: 8:30am On Oct 29, 2018
Minjim:
Those complaining are only motivated by ignorance, hatred, money and stupidity
Honestly!
How can you say a whole GENERAL has no certificate?
A whole fuckin_ GENERAL

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by IrokoOluwere: 8:30am On Oct 29, 2018
kemakudedu:
buhari too should be ashamed
Ashamed of?

4 Likes

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by spartan50(m): 8:31am On Oct 29, 2018
For us not to insult Buhari let him show us

5 Likes

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by ourfather: 8:31am On Oct 29, 2018
BUHARI IS CURRENTLY WRITING WAEC..

HE SHOULD RECEIVE THE CERTIFICATE NEXT YEAR AT DAURA

7 Likes

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by chinavs9ja(m): 8:31am On Oct 29, 2018
APC should go and sit down...we are not a fool

I am a writer (SEO writer)....check my signature for my WhatsApp contact

3 Likes

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 29, 2018
Nonsense. With my Bsc and MSc, why am I required to submit copies of my WAEC during a job application? Why am I required to present my WAEC for 'sighting' during screening? Is that not an "insult"? Why should anyone doubt that I have WAEC given my superior bachelor's and Master's degrees?

If I can bear that so-called insult, then who the hell is the bastard Buhari and why should he feel so entitled? This old bastard must present his WAEC like the rest of us do when seeking jobs and appointments. If he can't, then the presidency is not his birthright. He doesn't have to contest for that position.

Disgusting fools.

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by blowjob: 8:32am On Oct 29, 2018
miqos02:
The former Chief of staff, Lt. General Ipoola Alani Akinrinade, Sunday, slammed those criticizing President Muhammadu Buhari over his statement that his West African School Certificate Examination certificate, WACE, was with the Nigerian Army.

In a statement disclosed by Mr President’s special adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, the former Chief of Defence Staff insisted that Buhari has a certificate.

Angered at the spate at which Nigerians lambast Buhari over his certificate, Akinrinade blamed the Nigeria’s recording system. His words, “How many years ago ?… 50 years. And Nigeria with our (poor) record keeping and filing things into an archive. If we have an archive at all; an archive inhabited by rats and cockroaches. I think it’s an insult”.

However, clearing the air he said that the certificate saga was an insult to the Nigerian Army, noting that the time Buhari joined the Armed forces ‘there were no cutting corners’.

Read the full statement below:

“… The most annoying one is the case about (Muhammadu) Buhari not having a Certificate.

It is an insult to the Armed Forces, a terrible insult to the Armed Forces.

If they are so embedded in the system and they have lost their souls, then they can go ahead and join everybody else in castigating a General of Buhari’s calibre.

They are now talking about a School Certificate.

By the time he joined the Army in those days, there were no cutting corners.

It is later when these same Civilians took over from the Army that admission into it became less transparent.

I can give you an instance.

There was Course Five around 1964: if one did not have a School Certificate, one couldn’t apply to join the Army.

And I know up to 1963 when the last General Officer Commanding left Nigeria, there were no corners to be cut.

There was no such thing. Everything was on merit.

And that was how it was till Buhari’s time.

Buhari attended the Mons (Officer Cadet School in Aldershot in England) and the Staff College.

I don’t want to think they have an idea what they teach in those places.

And the rest of us pretend as if we don’t know what they do there.

You send a man to America for one and a half years in a Military School.

Do they think he just went there to learn how to fire a rifle ?

No.

As I speak to you, I don’t know where my original Certificate is because we gave the original to the Military Board.

They took it from us when we applied to join the Army.

You give the original copy of credentials to the Board.

They take it and keep it in your file, that’s what happened.

How many years ago ?… 50 years.

And Nigeria with our (poor) record keeping and filing things into an archive. If we have an archive at all; an archive inhabited by rats and cockroaches. I think it’s an insult.

I take it as a personal insult”

– Gen Alani Akinrinade.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/10/buharis-certificate-saga-its-an-insult-to-the-armed-forces-gen-alani-akinrinade/amp/

TELL DEM LOOTERS..GOD BLESS AND PROTECT BUHARI..

5 Likes

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by kevoh(m): 8:32am On Oct 29, 2018
I am confused undecided . Which one of them exactly is the insult? That Nigerian millitary despite all it's resources can not do proper archiving of non-existent documents or Nigerians demanding for the certificate of a supposed presidential candidate? undecided

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by servercodes001: 8:33am On Oct 29, 2018
hisgrace090:
Terrible indeed!

It doese not portray us well as a nation.
Now tell us what african country was good at record keeping in the 1950s

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by InvertedHammer: 8:33am On Oct 29, 2018

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by 01mcfadden(m): 8:34am On Oct 29, 2018
Long story.
It's not too much to ask for his certificate.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2023: Who Do You Think Should Be Tinubu's Running Mate? / Fayose Dancing At Ekiti Udiroko Festival (Pics) / Rivers New Year Massacre: Peterside Blasts Wike As Death Toll Rises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.