Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,050 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) (5792 Views)

My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me / Remorse After Leaving My Job / Youtube Channel Manager Needed For A Job Tomorrow At Yaba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by wunmi590(m): 9:36am On Oct 30, 2018
Good morning great Nairalanders,

For those who never had access to my first thread, please find it below.

It is with regret i announce to you all that i will be leaving my abusive job tomorrow 31st of October, being the last of the month, without any backup.

I have taken the bold step to tender my resignation letter, the abuse is too much, and is unbearable for me (though some other staff have been taking the abuse like that), most times, i am always scared of going to work, and my heart would be beating so fast, as if i went on a race from Lagos to Abuja.

I have looked so lean, that even people are asking if i am really working and i earn 6 figure salary, due to the abuse and pressure of the job, we work from Monday to Saturday, and even on public holidays, which means no social life for us.

I recently fell on the bike while coming back from official duty, the only thing they could render is just an x-ray (7,000), that was only what they paid for me, i had to take my hand to the local massagers which i paid 15,000 myself to get better, i was told i would bear the cost myself, which i did.

Thank God i am better now, and no fracture or whatsoever after the x-ray.

But even with that, i still get abuse, that i am mentally retarded and i am useless due to my one hand, but i just had to put a stop to all these abuse, and move on, what is the essence of working and earning money, and you have no rest of mind, its better you just leave the job.

I am begging well meaning Nairalanders, and Nigerians, to please help me with a job, i have two years experience as an administrative officer and a year in facility maintenance manager.

I am an HND graduate of microbiology.

I am willing to relocate, as i have a house in Abeokuta, I had my introduction on the 1st of September 2018 and my fiancee is currently working in Abeokuta i travel there every Saturday, after the close of work and come back to Lagos on Monday morning.

I will appreciate a prompt response from you all, as i so much believe in nairalanders.

cc: lalasticlala

https://www.nairaland.com/4793785/what-most-painful-hurtful-thing

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by wunmi590(m): 9:37am On Oct 30, 2018
lalasticlala, please help me move it to front page, to get a larger view, so as to get help.

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by peetay(m): 9:38am On Oct 30, 2018
It's a bold and good decision. You are the the driver of your own life and I think you acted reasonably. Just let the negativity off your head and exude positivity at a new workplace. I wish you the very best. Positive.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by atiku4President(m): 9:40am On Oct 30, 2018
God will make a way for you.

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by CreepyBlackpool: 9:42am On Oct 30, 2018
you don't have another job yet and you want to quit your current job.
I pity your life.

I hope you're not married or have people that solely depend on you.

I hope you saved enough money to last you till next year or atleast start up a small business

21 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by thesicilian: 9:44am On Oct 30, 2018
CreepyBlackpool:
you don't have another job yet and you want to quit your current job.
I pity your life.

I hope you saved enough money to last you till next year or atleast start up a small business
Always read the post clearly before you comment.

Life is not always black and white. There's nothing worse than mental abuse at work, the resultant loss of self esteem can lead one to the point of contemplating suicide.

I believe he's taking the right decision. And with his tight work schedule one cannot really blame him for not being able to get another job before quitting this one.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by wunmi590(m): 9:44am On Oct 30, 2018
CreepyBlackpool:
you don't have another job yet and you want to quite your current job.
I pity your life.

My brother, i believe you didn't read my first attached thread.

Honestly, my heart beat fast everyday, just because of that i experience in my place of work.

Just pray you or any of the person close to you never to experience it

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by CreepyBlackpool: 9:52am On Oct 30, 2018
thesicilian:
Always read the post clearly before you comment.
enyia this is nigeria. getting a new job is hard.
it doesn't even sound like he has planned how he'll survive after quitting. He has to at least have a back up plan before quitting

2 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by donbachi(m): 9:52am On Oct 30, 2018
In the first place...Life aint gonna be easy.

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by CreepyBlackpool: 9:56am On Oct 30, 2018
wunmi590:

My brother, i believe you didn't read my first attached thread.

Honestly, my heart beat fast everyday, just because of that i experience in my place of work.

Just pray you or any of the person close to you never to experience it

ok I didn't read your other thread.

What I'm trying to say is, you should have a survival plan before quitting.

This country is hard rn, and is even harder for the unemployed.

Have you saved enough to at least start up a small business or at least live well till you get a new job.

These people that will support your decision here will not give you a new job oh!

2 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by shakmati(m): 10:01am On Oct 30, 2018
You will so suffer! If you have a six figure income, tighten your belt, live off 30k a month, make up your mind to endure the abuse for another year! By the end of one year, you will have raised enough capital to start a pure water factory. You can then tell your present bosses to go Bleep themselves. Take my advice and avoid suffer and extreme hardship.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by bigkahuna704(m): 10:07am On Oct 30, 2018
Bold One. Be Ready Though. It's Rough Out Here. God Bless

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by oshe111(m): 10:12am On Oct 30, 2018
Alot of people will pay 200k to get this your job

So look before U leap

4 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by Akalia(m): 10:27am On Oct 30, 2018
wunmi590:
Good morning great Nairalanders,

For those who never had access to my first thread, please find it below.

It is with regret i announce to you all that i will be leaving my abusive job tomorrow 31st of October, being the last of the month, without any backup.

I have taken the bold step to tender my resignation letter, the abuse is too much, and is unbearable for me (though some other staff have been taking the abuse like that), most times, i am always scared of going to work, and my heart would be beating so fast, as if i went on a race from Lagos to Abuja.

I have looked so lean, that even people are asking if i am really working and i earn 6 figure salary, due to the abuse and pressure of the job, we work from Monday to Saturday, and even on public holidays, which means no social life for us.

I recently fell on the bike while coming back from official duty, the only thing they could render is just an x-ray (7,000), that was only what they paid for me, i had to take my hand to the local massagers which i paid 15,000 myself to get better, i was told i would bear the cost myself, which i did.

Thank God i am better now, and no fracture or whatsoever after the x-ray.

But even with that, i still get abuse, that i am mentally retarded and i am useless due to my one hand, but i just had to put a stop to all these abuse, and move on, what is the essence of working and earning money, and you have no rest of mind, its better you just leave the job.

I am begging well meaning Nairalanders, and Nigerians, to please help me with a job, i have two years experience as an administrative officer and a year in facility maintenance manager.

I am an HND graduate of microbiology.

I am willing to relocate, as i have a house in Abeokuta, I had my introduction on the 1st of September 2018 and my fiancee is currently working in Abeokuta i travel there every Saturday, after the close of work and come back to Lagos on Monday morning.

I will appreciate a prompt response from you all, as i so much believe in nairalanders.

cc: lalasticlala

https://www.nairaland.com/4793785/what-most-painful-hurtful-thing
I wield the same class of qualification as you. Mind connecting me to the job?

5 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by wunmi590(m): 10:29am On Oct 30, 2018
CreepyBlackpool:

ok I didn't read your other thread.

What I'm trying to say is, you should have a survival plan before quitting.

This country is hard rn, and is even harder for the unemployed.

Have you saved enough to at least start up a small business or at least live well till you get a new job.

These people that will support your decision here will not give you a new job oh!

Thank you for the advice.

i intend learning computer engineer, pending the time i will get something better doing, and yes i have saved enough to take me till i get another job

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by mrjaydee(m): 10:34am On Oct 30, 2018
OP abeg what's the ccompany's name ? I want to apply. I have 5yrs experience as an Admin Officer. Shebi na only abuse? Make them abuse dem go tire.. OP pm me I need the job

6 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 30, 2018
Most employers treat their staff members as commodity and not human. However, 6 digit salary is worth the abuse in this present Nigeria situation except your own parent are really rich, even your fiancee would get tired when the pressure is getting obvious on him alone.

If you still have space to withdraw that demonic letter... Pls do! Hunger is real in the land.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by Jacktheripper: 10:39am On Oct 30, 2018
I think the OP is one jobless and sick fellow. If not, if you are truly facing abuse in your place your work you won't have time for Nairaland talkless of creating a thread.

Two, you didn't mention the type of abuse you are facing in your work. What you term as abuse is what some will see as challenges and do everything to overcome.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by wunmi590(m): 10:51am On Oct 30, 2018
Jacktheripper:
I think the OP is one jobless and sick fellow. If not, if you are truly facing abuse in your place your work you won't have time for Nairaland talkless of creating a thread.

Two, you didn't mention the type of abuse you are facing in your work. What you term as abuse is what some will see as challenges and do everything to overcome.

Young man, it shows that you are the real lazy and jobless fellow.

Kindly ready again, and open my first thread and read again, and take a chill pill.

Because i am earning 6 figure does not mean, i will allow somebody to abuse my mother.

If you have been taking such insult, then, it means you dont have self respect for your mother.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by wunmi590(m): 10:51am On Oct 30, 2018
Tosinayoko:
Most employers treat their staff members as commodity and not human. However, 6 digit salary is worth the abuse in this present Nigeria situation except your own parent are really rich, even your fiancee would get tired when the pressure is getting obvious on him alone.

If you still have space to withdraw that demonic letter... Pls do! Hunger is real in the land.

Thank you for this wonderful advice

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by lanrywalex(m): 11:03am On Oct 30, 2018
GET THIS BOOK FOR YOUR SELF(TITLE: BEFORE YOU QUIT YOUR JOB WRITTEN BY RICH DAD). FOR ME: THERE IS NO POINT DOING WHAT YOU ARE NOT HAPPY DOING.

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by wunmi590(m): 11:20am On Oct 30, 2018
lanrywalex:
GET THIS BOOK FOR YOUR SELF(TITLE: BEFORE YOU QUIT YOUR JOB WRITTEN BY RICH DAD). FOR ME: THERE IS NO POINT DOING WHAT YOU ARE NOT HAPPY DOING.

Ok, Thank you
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 30, 2018
mrjaydee:
OP abeg what's the ccompany's name ? I want to apply. I have 5yrs experience as an Admin Officer. Shebi na only abuse? Make them abuse dem go tire.. OP pm me I need the job

My dear

Abuse is not only the issue because at a point you will become used to it but emotionally is the problem. You will work but it's as if you are not working, you will do anything rightly or as directed and very well but at the end all you get is insult and whatsoever.

If you have being in such condition or working environment you will understand the OP just as I do very much.

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by wunmi590(m): 11:40am On Oct 30, 2018
LuckyAgbaze:

My dear

Abuse is not only the issue because at a point you will become used to it but emotionally is the problem. You will work but it's as if you are not working, you will do anything rightly or as directed and very well but at the end all you get is insult and whatsoever.

If you have being in such condition or working environment you will understand the OP just as I do very much.

Honestly, is as if you are the only one getting me.

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by PromiseUche(m): 11:41am On Oct 30, 2018
Are actually slow?
Not smart?
Have one hand?

Six digit salary and you wanna leave!

How are you gonna carry on with your relationship?

Have you saved much from the salary?

Think well, be wise.

U may need to look at your self again/improve on your skills/competency level.
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by Jacktheripper: 11:47am On Oct 30, 2018
wunmi590:

Young man, it shows that you are the real lazy and jobless fellow.

Kindly ready again, and open my first thread and read again, and take a chill pill.

Because i am earning 6 figure does not mean, i will allow somebody to abuse my mother.

If you have been taking such insult, then, it means you dont have self respect for your mother.

Where did I abuse your mother? You are one abused fellow
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by wunmi590(m): 12:17pm On Oct 30, 2018
Jacktheripper:

Are you sure you can read at all?

I said look into my first thread that my boss abused my mother.
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by Festy4u(m): 12:18pm On Oct 30, 2018
Jacktheripper:

Ah, ah,....he didn't say you abused his mother! He was only citing a scenario of his mother been insulted at his office and he can not take it!

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by Florblu(f): 12:23pm On Oct 30, 2018
I'm more concerned about your soon to be bride. If you don't have everything planned out kindly stay on the job and take that one insult. If not, the whole community will insult you in case you later become a jobless guy with no dough

2 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by sangresan(m): 12:25pm On Oct 30, 2018
Bros, don't quit yet unless there is a backup plan...Take your time to plan your exit strategy...

Don't let the abuse break you down
....I know someone who resigned from a lucrative job for a similar reason and regretted it.

However, if you have saved enough to last you for a while, you can go ahead sha.
Re: I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 30, 2018
Lolz lolzz... Guy it's your choice though! Anyway lots of people will even sacrifice more to get that 6 figure job! So plan well so it won't look as if you shoot yourself in the leg.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Landmark University Employment Opportunity / Ren Money Academy / Inquiry About Wema Bank Training School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.