Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me (22357 Views)

My Boss Refuses To Pay Me My Salary For June Till Now / I Need Your Help: My Employer Is Owing Me And He Doesn't Want To Pay Me. / I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Tryagain77: 7:59pm On Jun 09, 2023
I saw a post on this forum which looks similar to mine and that inspired me into writing this to share with people how my boss (former) was abusing me.

I graduated from one of the courses in social science in one of the federal universities and have been job hunting to land a good job but to no avail.

Bills were piling up while I was going down economically. Out of hunger, lack and frustration, I settled to work as a barman in a hotel.

A week after resuming that work, the man that the hotel is leased out to started showing me his true colours. Nobody is above mistake in life. Even minor things that could have been settled without raising eyebrows, he would shout at me and abuse me right in front of customers. He would use derogatory words to describe me and say all sort of inhumane things to me, all to show that he's the boss.

Despite all that, I couldn't leave because I had no other job option at hand. For the 9 months I have worked in the place, these are the things I went through.

1. I have been verbally and physically abused by the said man. There is no kind of derogatory and inhumane word that man has not used on me and most times, right in the presence of customers and also when in the presence of the girls he brings to sleep with.

Note: this is how he behaves with all the staff, not only me.

2. He kicked me, slapped me, knocked my head, spat on me, yelled at me. Calling me a fool, an idiot, useless something etc, was no longer anything worrisome to me again because I got used to it.

3. Because of all these abuses, his friends who use to come there took advantage and started abusing me too. One slapped me the other day because I presented a bill he thought I surcharged him, which we later found out I didnt. I don't blame him actually.

4. You would work 2 months plus before you receive 1 month salary. For example, you would receive January salary between 10-15th of March.

5. Salary was N25,000 but I have never received that amount complete. He always look for something accuse me of in order to deduct our so called salary and pay less. There was a month I received N7000 as my salary.

6. Any customer that breaks a glass pays N1000 for it. When he first mentioned this in a meeting, we thought he was joking, but he was being serious. When he started deducting my salary for broken glasses, then I realized he was serious. I have never heard anything of such anywhere before. That a customer who breaks glass should pay N1000 for it.

What happened on the 23rd of May.
23rd of May was his birthday. He invited friends and celebrated. Right in his presence, one of the guests broke a glass. I'm the only one serving both the bar and guests in the room including food. So it was a very busy time for me. Just because I didn't sweep the broken glass immediately because I was busy serving people, as I wanted to pass, he shouted angrily at me, aimed me with the broken glass and broke my head. I was bleeding and I left the place to a pharmacy to treat the wound. Guess what? He was not even remorseful about it at all.

The following day I tendered a resignation letter with immediate effect. Obviously if I don't leave the place, the man may kill me or make me do something I will later regret.

Now pay me off, he's telling me I need to work again at least another one month for him to find a replacement, if I'm serious about receiving my outstanding salary or I should forget about it. Even at that, I know too well that he will pay me anything he likes, claiming glasses were broken, I did this and I did that. Presently he's looking for job seekers but nobody wants to work with such a crude person anymore. Even someone he sacked as usual over two months ago, he's not been able to replace till today.

Now I'm jobless, hungry and penniless.

I need advice on how to go about to collect my money from this man. I don't have strength for any fight with him. I just need my hard earned money but let it not be until another blood is spilled.

Story of a struggling Nigerian.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Tryagain77: 8:00pm On Jun 09, 2023
What should I do to this man?

Modified:

Greetings to you all. I am the OP of this thread.
Please be kind with me on the names calling. I see a lot of comments targeted and raining abuses on me on how I am a weakling and all, it's unfair at this point in my life. Provide a solution to me instead of raining more abuses on me. It's not as though I enjoyed working in such condition but circumstances caught me trapped. Punching the man back, i dont know if that would have been proper enough.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Tryagain77: 8:01pm On Jun 09, 2023
He's taking my tolerant nature for granted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by donbachi(m): 8:15pm On Jun 09, 2023
He knows you will be the head someday.. reason he broke your head

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Kimiso(m): 8:21pm On Jun 09, 2023
I cannot tolerate 20percent of what you've faced with the said boss in question we would have fought vigorously

Omo guy you are too cool

125 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by brain54(m): 8:30pm On Jun 09, 2023
donbachi:
Lol…

Op try learn a skill, work on your self esteem issues. How can someone be kicking and spitting on you In the name of job? You tolerated your ex boss too long.

But it’s a good thing you moved on!

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Tryagain77: 8:52pm On Jun 09, 2023
donbachi:

God knows I will surely be the head someday.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Tryagain77: 8:53pm On Jun 09, 2023
Kimiso:
I cannot tolerate 20percent of what you've faced with the said boss in question we would have fought vigorously

Omo guy you are too cool

I think he's just taking that to ride on me.
Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by FahBuLous: 9:24pm On Jun 09, 2023
I go just endure everything but the day God punish yot make u raise hand hit me, i swear na that day u go die.. WTF nigga.. You endured to fucking much.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by PowerOfLove: 9:27pm On Jun 09, 2023
You are such a tolerant person. The man took advantage of that and dealt with you.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Sucre6: 9:32pm On Jun 09, 2023
Sorry bro, if I was in your shoe, I would run the man street, me I no get time to dey report you to police, upanda, I would run you street collect my money plus interest , rubbish

I wil rent a truck and some street guys, in his present j would carry stuff I would sell to recover my money, I will keep it safe and if after one week he doesn't show up to pick his stuff and pay me, I sell them off, lets be mad together, no be only am get werey

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by merit455(m): 9:40pm On Jun 09, 2023
If all this your story is trued,kindly email your contact details.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by DesChyko: 9:45pm On Jun 09, 2023
Omo.. Guy.. Are you trying to die?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by osmosis101(m): 9:56pm On Jun 09, 2023
Bro, just tryagain77 times

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by brain54(m): 9:58pm On Jun 09, 2023
Sucre6:
Sorry bro, if I was in your shoe, I would run the man street, me I no get time to dey report you to police, upanda, I would run you street collect my money plus interest , rubbish

I wil rent a truck and some street guys, in his present j would carry stuff I would sell to recover my money, I will keep it safe and if after one week he doesn't show up to pick his stuff and pay me, I sell them off, lets be mad together, no be only am get werey
Jail Dey hungry you…

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Sucre6: 10:05pm On Jun 09, 2023
brain54:

Jail Dey hungry you…

You no grow for street I no blame you,

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by brain54(m): 10:07pm On Jun 09, 2023
Sucre6:

You no grow for street I no blame you,
Na so kuti talk…

Until he see himself for kirikiri!

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Sucre6: 10:12pm On Jun 09, 2023
brain54:

Na so kuti talk…

Until he see himself for kirikiri!

You don't know me, so don't make comparison, a man assaulted you to dehumanization, you are still here defending rubbish upon all your effort he still treats you like a street dog and withhold your salary and taking his property that worth equal your salary is not constitutional and going against the law, but he dehumanizing you and holding your salary isn't,

Omo, I don't like weak ass men 😒😒😒

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by brain54(m): 10:20pm On Jun 09, 2023
Sucre6:

You don't know me, so don't make comparison, a man assaulted you to dehumanization, you are still here defending rubbish upon all your effort he still treats you like a street dog and withhold your salary and taking his property that worth equal your salary is not constitutional and going against the law, but he dehumanizing you and holding your salary isn't,

Omo, I don't like weak ass men 😒😒😒
Taking the laws into your hands will end you in jail…

The employer was wrong no doubt. But there are better ways to handle situations without getting your fingers burnt okay.

You always sound hotheaded…Never let your emotions control you.

Physical force will not always resolve issues.

Strong as.s man!

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Tryagain77: 10:33pm On Jun 09, 2023
osmosis101:
Bro, just tryagain77 times

I keep trying

1 Like

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by ClassicMan202(m): 10:44pm On Jun 09, 2023
Sucre6:

Na so you go dey claim werey until you meet person wey pass you.

Him go just pick you with police, by that time no be wetin him do dem go ask, na thief dem go label you.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Sucre6: 10:48pm On Jun 09, 2023
ClassicMan202:

Him go just pick you with police, by that time no be wetin him do dem go ask, na thief dem go label you.

Lols, wait until the man use gun shoot u before u go react, someone dehumanized you u still dey look for excuse for am, so him dehumanizing the op is constitutional abi, ?

Abeg no quote me sounding defeated

2 Likes

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by brain54(m): 10:48pm On Jun 09, 2023
ClassicMan202:

No mind am…

Na juvenile and youthful exuberance Dey do am.

He never see anything for life or get much experience na why!

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by ClassicMan202(m): 11:01pm On Jun 09, 2023
Sucre6:

Lols, wait until the man use gun shoot u before u go react, someone dehumanized you u still dey look for excuse for am, so him dehumanizing the op is constitutional abi, ?

Abeg no quote me sounding defeated

Baba, our people talk say na tactics you go take k!ll mosquito wey perch for your blokos... If police arrest am, him fit afford bail? Or if case reach court him fit afford lawyer? At most state go give am one charge and bail wey no know left from right... Matter go dey adjourn for 2 years, meanwhile him still dey for detention. So my brother, when in a battle you have to take calculated actions.

Him fit dey threaten the man self or do anything but the moment him pick the man property.... Na another case be that.

19 Likes

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by UptownVibes(m): 11:21pm On Jun 09, 2023
Better lawyer fit use this case collect money o.. If you have enough evidence to back your claims.. You sef go see money open your business, from the damages that bastard will pay

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by osmosis101(m): 11:38pm On Jun 09, 2023
Tryagain77:

I keep trying
May GOD bless u bro

2 Likes

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Tryagain77: 1:53am On Jun 10, 2023
osmosis101:

May GOD bless u bro

Amen

2 Likes

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by vincenteger: 3:12am On Jun 10, 2023
So sorry bro
Just like your name implies
Tryagain
Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Gadafii: 3:51am On Jun 10, 2023
Your mistake was that you didn’t look for something to break his head in return you still went back to tender resignation letter, forget about the money with him

But the moment he drew blood, you should have shown him that na condition make cray fish bend

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by OkayDaddy: 5:00am On Jun 10, 2023
Tryagain77:
He's taking my tolerant nature for granted.

You're not tolerant, you're simply a big fool.

You are a graduate of a Federal University and they are slapping and spitting on your head. Well, since you can't use your head to think, maybe it is only good for slapping.

Go to the nearest barracks, ask of their military police unit and go report. Tell them the man you work for has been maltreating you and you suspect he's a cultist. That you don't want to involve the police because they don't handle cult matters well.

What they will do to that guy, he won't die but he will be looking at death in front of him like this.

37 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

HND Entry Level Salary In Fed Govt Ministry / Private Secondary School Vs Emzor Factory Worker / Who Knows About Early Global Resources Ltd, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.