Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,354 members, 7,846,529 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Top Ten Countries With The Highest Minimum Wages(per Hour) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top Ten Countries With The Highest Minimum Wages(per Hour) (1915 Views)

Top Ten Countries With The Cheapest Beer In The World / FG To Review Salaries, Wages Of Ministries, Agencies And Parastatals - Ngige / List Of Minimum Wages By Countries Of The World. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Ten Countries With The Highest Minimum Wages(per Hour) by Abjay97(m): 6:21am On Oct 31, 2018
Notably, the Nigerian state governors have agreed to pay workers 22,500 naira as minimum wage per month..
But here is a list of countries with the highest minimum wages per hour.

The highest of it all, taking the first place is Australia with a minimum wage of $9.54 per hour which is about N3500..

Enjoy..
https://money.cnn.com/interactive/economy/top-10-national-minimum-wages-in-the-world/index.html

1 Share

Re: Top Ten Countries With The Highest Minimum Wages(per Hour) by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 31, 2018
The Funds in New Nigeria is used to make the President, Senators , Ministers,Governors House of Reps, House of Assembly, Commissioners, Local and Government chairmen Richer...

RESTRUCTURING IS THE LAST HOPE FOR NIGERIA....
This Nonsense must Cease!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Ten Countries With The Highest Minimum Wages(per Hour) by Omololu001: 7:24am On Oct 31, 2018
Guys if you don't know... All the local government chairman and councillors have all been given new cars in Lagos state, what actually is their job for them to all be given a new car, after they have all received one before?

I think it's time for another party to be given a chance in Lagos state.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Ten Countries With The Highest Minimum Wages(per Hour) by MexxIT(m): 7:42am On Oct 31, 2018
D govts excuse on why it can't pay d minimum wage is quite lame. U have Presidents and Governors pocketing billions in security vote which dey don't account for nor is it auditable, and den more of such billions in benefits, properties and allowances at d end of their tenure. U have Senators and Reps pocketing millions in d name of allowances and benefits. How can d cost of governance be far more than d cost of infrastructural developments and human capital development of its citizenry. Nigeria is simply practicing politicocracy a govt of d politicians for d politicians and of d politicians

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Top Ten Countries With The Highest Minimum Wages(per Hour) by Abjay97(m): 7:52am On Oct 31, 2018
Re: Top Ten Countries With The Highest Minimum Wages(per Hour) by mrvitalis(m): 8:10am On Oct 31, 2018
All this country u called now... Salaries don't take up-to 30% of their national budget.. Even 20%

Here it takes close to 70% of our national income per year.. Fedral governments hardly markes 350bn a month... And has a wage bill of 166bn for salaries

The political class don't even steal as much as we imagine they don't still up-to 20% of what we make
..i doubt that seriously

Labour has to uption accept what they are offered or tell us with facts how each state and federal government can afford the bill and still work

Present the documents to we Nigerians
If it's 30k what would be the wage bill LG the federal government... How much was made by the federal government ..lets see how much would remain for the rest of us

Or they by themsleves removes the no. Serious ones in the ministry so we can lay them 30k with same amount we spend now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Ten Countries With The Highest Minimum Wages(per Hour) by Immanuels7(m): 8:10am On Oct 31, 2018
Time to jet out of this country.
Next stop: Luxembourg

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Top Ten Countries With The Highest Minimum Wages(per Hour) by PDJT: 8:34am On Oct 31, 2018
Abjay97:
Notably, the Nigerian state governors have agreed to pay workers 22,500 naira as minimum wage per month..
But here is a list of countries with the highest minimum wages per hour.

The highest of it all, taking the first place is Australia with a minimum wage of $9.54 per hour which is about N3500..

Enjoy..
https://money.cnn.com/interactive/economy/top-10-national-minimum-wages-in-the-world/index.html

The year 2018 national minimum wage in the UK for 25 year olds and over is $9.38/hr and by April next year 2019, it will increase to $10.44/hr (#3,800 Naira per hour).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Ten Countries With The Highest Minimum Wages(per Hour) by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 31, 2018
The N30,000 minimum wage may not be visible in many states. The Internal Generated Revenue ( IGR) by many states varies hence you don't expect state like Lagos to pay the same wage with state Benue,Eboniyi, Borno e.t.c. Labour leaders should have negotiated with their various states on how much their governors are willing to pay.Negotiations should be between the respective governors not at the centre. Some governors can pay above the minimum wage while others may want to stick with the agreed wage. Again it will be foolish for some governors to say they can't pay more than N22,500. The price of things had gone up from the day the last wage bill was sign into law till date.
Recommendation:
When next labour leaders want to negotiate, it should be between their respective labour chairmen at the state level and their governors while the national chairman negotiate with the federal government on behalf of federal staff.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Ten Countries With The Highest Minimum Wages(per Hour) by BiafraIShere(m): 8:59am On Oct 31, 2018
mrvitalis:
All this country u called now... Salaries don't take up-to 30% of their national budget.. Even 20%

Here it takes close to 70% of our national income per year.. Fedral governments hardly markes 350bn a month... And has a wage bill of 166bn for salaries

The political class don't even steal as much as we imagine they don't still up-to 20% of what we make
..i doubt that seriously

Labour has to uption accept what they are offered or tell us with facts how each state and federal government can afford the bill and still work

Present the documents to we Nigerians
If it's 30k what would be the wage bill LG the federal government... How much was made by the federal government ..lets see how much would remain for the rest of us

Or they by themsleves removes the no. Serious ones in the ministry so we can lay them 30k with same amount we spend now

You really must be a direct beneficiary of this locust APC government because the way you always defend their incompetence is quite alarming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Ten Countries With The Highest Minimum Wages(per Hour) by mrvitalis(m): 10:16am On Oct 31, 2018
BiafraIShere:

You really must be a direct beneficiary of this locust APC government because the way you always defend their incompetence is quite alarming.
I only state facts and nothing more

I have no direct family member in apc.. Infact my father and family are all pro pdp...

If you are ready to disprove me with maths and facts come out but if you want to do it based on emotions I don't have that time

I have a company and I have staffs... I can't pay my workers 70% of my income... No banks can do that.. No company do that's
Re: Top Ten Countries With The Highest Minimum Wages(per Hour) by haaryobhami: 10:30am On Oct 31, 2018
Omololu001:
Guys if you don't know... All the local government chairman and councillors have all been given new cars in Lagos state, what actually is their job for them to all be given a new car, after they have all received one before?

lol na every year thing my uncle got 2 toyota corolla just in 2 to 3 years in office.
it's quite sad tho but it also happen in every state even in ekiti someone i know (sec to local government chairman)got a corolla
Re: Top Ten Countries With The Highest Minimum Wages(per Hour) by haaryobhami: 10:30am On Oct 31, 2018
Omololu001:

lol na every year thing my uncle got 2 toyota corolla just in 2 to 3 years in office.
it's quite sad tho but it also happen in every state even in ekiti someone i know (sec to local government chairman)got a corolla within 6 month.
Nigeria can never be great no be curse

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Does Not Trust Other Tribes But He Wants Their Votes Obasanjo / Just In: INEC Postponed Rivers Supplementary Elections To April 13th / Senator Abbo To Aregbesola: 7 Years Ago You Donated Your Salary To Me, Today I’m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.