Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,522 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) (183820 Views)

A Nigerian Couple Give Birth To A Blond Hair / Blue-eyed White Baby / Black Parents Give Birth To White Baby. / Black Parents: White Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by agabaI23(m): 2:47am On Jul 20, 2010
A BLACK couple coo over their new baby yesterday - a white, blue-eyed BLONDE.
British Nmachi Ihegboro has amazed genetics experts who say the little girl is NOT an albino.
Dad Ben, 44, a customer services adviser, admitted: "We both just sat there after the birth staring at her."

Little 'miracle' ,  Nmachi Ihegboro
PETER SIMPSON & NEIL HALL
Mum Angela, 35, of Woolwich, South London, beamed as she said: "She's beautiful - a miracle baby."
Ben told yesterday how he was so shocked when Nmachi was born, he even joked: "Is she MINE?"
He added: "Actually, the first thing I did was look at her and say, 'What the flip?'"
But as the baby's older brother and sister - both black - crowded round the "little miracle" at their home in South London, Ben declared: "Of course she's mine."
Blue-eyed blonde Nmachi, whose name means "Beauty of God" in the Nigerian couple's homeland, has baffled genetics experts because neither Ben nor wife Angela have ANY mixed-race family history.
Pale genes skipping generations before cropping up again could have explained the baby's appearance.
Ben also stressed: "My wife is true to me. Even if she hadn't been, the baby still wouldn't look like that.
"We both just sat there after the birth staring at her for ages - not saying anything."
Advertisement

Doctors at Queen Mary's Hospital in Sidcup - where Angela, from nearby Woolwich, gave birth - have told the parents Nmachi is definitely no albino.
Ben, who came to Britain with his wife five years ago and works for South Eastern Trains, said: "She doesn't look like an albino child anyway - not like the ones I've seen back in Nigeria or in books. She just looks like a healthy white baby."
He went on: "My mum is a black Nigerian although she has a bit fairer skin than mine.
"But we don't know of any white ancestry. We wondered if it was a genetic twist.
"But even then, what is with the long curly blonde hair?"
Professor Bryan Sykes, head of Human Genetics at Oxford University and Britain's leading expert, yesterday called the birth "extraordinary".
He said: "In mixed race humans, the lighter variant of skin tone may come out in a child - and this can sometimes be startlingly different to the skin of the parents.
"This might be the case where there is a lot of genetic mixing, as in Afro-Caribbean populations. But in Nigeria there is little mixing."
Prof Sykes said BOTH parents would have needed "some form of white ancestry" for a pale version of their genes to be passed on.
But he added: "The hair is extremely unusual. Even many blonde children don't have blonde hair like this at birth."

Blonde bombshell ,  parents show newborn
Nmachi to sister Dumebi and bruv Chisom yesterday
PETER SIMPSON & NEIL HALL
The expert said some unknown mutation was the most likely explanation.
He admitted: "The rules of genetics are complex and we still don't understand what happens in many cases."
The amazing birth comes five years after Kylie Hodgson became mum to twin daughters - one white and the other black - in Nottingham.
Kylie, now 23, and her partner Remi Horder, now 21, are both mixed race.
Even so the odds were estimated at a million to one.
The Sun told in 2002 how a white couple had Asian twins after a spermatozoa mix-up by a fertility clinic.
Yesterday three-day-old Nmachi's churchgoing mum Angela admitted that she was "speechless" at first seeing her baby girl, who was delivered in a caesarean op.
She said: "I thought, 'What is this little doll?'
"She's beautiful and I love her. Her colour doesn't matter. She's a miracle baby.
"But still, what on earth happened here?"
Her husband told how their son Chisom, four, was even more confused than them by his new sister.
Ben said: "Our other daughter Dumebi is only two so she's too young to understand.
"But our boy keeps coming to look at his sister and then sits down looking puzzled.
"We're a black family. Suddenly he has a white sister."
Ben continued: "Of course, we are baffled too and want to know what's happened. But we understand life is very strange.
"All that matters is that she's healthy and that we love her.She's a proud British Nigerian."
Queen Mary's Hospital said: "Congratulations to Angela and her family on the birth of their daughter.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3060907/Black-parents-give-birth-to-white-baby.html#ixzz0uBQHyTAP

1 Like

Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by agabaI23(m): 2:48am On Jul 20, 2010
Strange but true. Look at its broad nose!

1 Like

Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by agabaI23(m): 2:56am On Jul 20, 2010
Una dey see?

1 Like

Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by Gabry(f): 2:58am On Jul 20, 2010
It happens. No big deal. They are not the only couple with  a different coloured child apart from them on this earth  wink

1 Like

Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by Nobody: 3:01am On Jul 20, 2010
DNA test, plz!

1 Like

Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by OAM4J: 3:04am On Jul 20, 2010
Na wa o, hope there is no mix up in that hospital, strange!

1 Like

Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by OgidiBoy(m): 3:04am On Jul 20, 2010
I don't trust the looks of that Man DNA test fast fast. BTW why is a 44 yr old man and a 35 yr old woman still having kids.

1 Like

Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by iice(f): 4:25am On Jul 20, 2010
The wonders of life cheesy

1 Like

Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by shotter50: 6:42am On Jul 20, 2010
The other time it was a White South African couple with a black kid!!!

1 Like

Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by THEAMAKA(f): 8:13am On Jul 20, 2010
some black babies are born with straight fine hair.
and its obvious that the baby is albino and not white(perhaps the baby was born being very close to albino, but not one completely), so why is this news? and how does that make her a miracle?
these people no go kill me today oooooo  undecided

1 Like

Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by snowdrops(m): 9:16am On Jul 20, 2010
make them ask the mama who born am grin

1 Like

Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by agabaI23(m): 10:38am On Jul 20, 2010
THE AMAKA:

some black babies are born with straight fine hair.
and its obvious that the baby is albino and not white(perhaps the baby was born being very close to albino, but not one completely), so why is this news? and how does that make her a miracle?
these people no go kill me today oooooo  undecided

How obvious when geneticist said the baby is far from being albino? And even albinos are quite obvious at birth. What do mean by very close to albino and not completely? You don't want to accept that it is strange?

1 Like

Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by agabaI23(m): 10:40am On Jul 20, 2010
Gabry:

It happens. No big deal. They are not the only couple with  a different coloured child apart from them on this earth  wink

Yea but other cases have at least one ancestor with a similar colour. These people came from Nigeria and the possibility of a white ancestor is very very remote.

1 Like

Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by shilling(f): 11:13am On Jul 20, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

DNA test, plz!
I'd do the same if I were a guy!!

1 Like

Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by agabaI23(m): 11:57am On Jul 20, 2010
shilling:

I'd do the same if I were a guy!!

Yea that will surely be on the cards for me!

1 Like

Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by MissyB1(m): 12:55pm On Jul 20, 2010
It's baffling!
Trivially, the little angel looks somewhat Albino and somewhat White.  grin
Wasn't there a mix up or sum'n' - Exchange of baby?  tongue

Vitally, the parents look happy and that's what matters. Sometimes, we need these rare occurrences to affirm one thing . . .

1 Like

Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by agabaI23(m): 1:31pm On Jul 20, 2010
Missy B:

It's baffling!
Trivially, the little angel looks somewhat Albino and somewhat White.  grin
Wasn't there a mix up or sum'n' - Exchange of baby?  tongue

Vitally, the parents look happy and that's what matters. Sometimes, we need these rare occurrences to affirm one thing . . .

I agree with you.

1 Like

Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by Gabry(f): 3:26pm On Jul 20, 2010
agabaI23:

Yea but other cases have at least one ancestor with a similar colour. These people came from Nigeria and the possibility of a white ancestor is very very remote.

From the few last news Ive seen, it wasnt based on ancestors but it is due to the unbalancy of the white and red cells in the parents body which causes both to produce a different coloured baby. The news was something like that. Thats why I say its no miracle to me as its common. Of course its rare but it has happened before so its no surprise it will happen again and again

1 Like

Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by agabaI23(m): 3:52pm On Jul 20, 2010
Gabry:

From the few last news Ive seen, it wasnt based on ancestors but it is due to the unbalancy of the white and red cells in the parents body which causes both to produce a different coloured baby. The news was something like that. Thats why I say its no miracle to me as its common. Of course its rare but it has happened before so its no surprise it will happen again and again
May be if you read the article you would see the difference in this case. I am not projecting a miracle to you, I am only saying that nature is strange.

1 Like

Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 20, 2010
She's white, definitely not Albino.

And it's obvious the man's her father too. Her features are not Caucasian, more Negroid.

Happy for the parents, a rare blessing indeed.  smiley

1 Like

Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by agabaI23(m): 4:24pm On Jul 20, 2010
Siena you de mind them?

It just goes a prove some things are beyond science and common sense at least for now.

1 Like

Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by THEAMAKA(f): 4:58pm On Jul 20, 2010
agabaI23:

How obvious when geneticist said the baby is far from being albino? And even albinos are quite obvious at birth. What do mean by very close to albino and not completely? You don't want to accept that it is strange?

I actually used to be neighbors with a girl and she was very light(almost white) with blond hair and colored eyes, but she was not albino.
a lot of babies are born white, I'm sure she'll get a little pigment later.
It is strange. . . but so?

1 Like

Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by tkb417(m): 5:44pm On Jul 20, 2010
someone has shined the congo of that woman

and that man is there staring at the camera looking like mungo park

mshew

1 Like

Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by ricky01: 5:47pm On Jul 20, 2010
am blak in complexion my wife blak too, den she born white babe and my bosss na whiteman.men someone must answer questions oh, my origin nor get white, lol, womennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

1 Like

Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 20, 2010
Abeg madam talk true . . . who did you sleep with?

1 Like

Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by poeticgirl: 5:50pm On Jul 20, 2010
*Patiently waits for somebody to say that this is the result of albinism.* Although of course, the doctors have said otherwise,

1 Like

Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by Afam4eva(m): 5:51pm On Jul 20, 2010
davidylan:

Abeg madam talk true . . . who did you sleep with?

If she slept with someone else, don' you think the baby should be half cast? It's not impossible for a black couple to have a white baby.

1 Like

Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by snthesis(m): 5:55pm On Jul 20, 2010
sumbodi's been playin some "away" matches shocked

1 Like

Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by Skmoda360(m): 6:02pm On Jul 20, 2010
This is nt gonna be the first time that this occured,there is this one too in united states where a white couple gave birth to a black boy then in early 90s.
This is nt gonna be the first time that this occured,there is this one too in united states where a white couple gave birth to a black boy then in early 90s.

1 Like

Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by olutope200: 6:04pm On Jul 20, 2010
Not New.

1 Like

Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by abyte: 6:07pm On Jul 20, 2010
Entire Family

1 Like

Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by Pappij: 6:09pm On Jul 20, 2010
I think the couples have a secret that they are hiding from the world.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? / How To Get Pregnant With a Boy and Twins / 21 Ways That Will Make Your Husband Keep Loving Youmore And More.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.