Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,425 members, 7,826,656 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. - Agriculture (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. (279814 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / 200 Graduates Get N74m, Free Land In Ogun / Irrigation For One Plot Of Land on Low Budget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Nobody: 11:33pm On Feb 16, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

I think grasshoppers and locust are the two main leave cutters in my farm.. I'm battling whiteflies at the moment, I mixed laraforce and ddforce.. it was quite effective on the whiteflies.. but not as much on the grasshoppers and locust.. it was also very effective on crickets

When did you see me in your farm?
angry

3 Likes

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 6:54am On Feb 17, 2020
locust:

angry
so it is you that comes to chop our leafs abi,if I see you again I will finish you off with sniper, grin
locust:

angry
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Functionoftime(m): 12:29pm On Feb 17, 2020
Silvereze:

That means I wasted space
Kind of but carry on with your project, nothing do you.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Functionoftime(m): 12:30pm On Feb 17, 2020
okoroemeka:
With our never ending quest to touch #500k from one plot of land we have reviewed our spacing and planting strategy and found loopholes after careful experimentation on a smaller farm we decided to shrink our previous spacing even further,the result is 3,190 crops in a land measuring 104ft by 51ft,and fully covered by 1000 meter's of drip tape and also we planted at 50/50 ratio cu 999(a proven old school monocieous variety) and lion seed popular f1 a high yielding PF variety,we have known this tight spacing will work now in the dry season,but another good question is will it work during the rainy season?I think the answer will be a capital NO!
What would be the ideal spacing for rainy season?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 3:21pm On Feb 17, 2020
Functionoftime:

What would be the ideal spacing for rainy season?
well the inter row spacing have already been set at 30cm by the drip,so that leaves the between row which can be expanded to 1meter or 1.5 meter's to ensure adequate ventilation and space to be carrying knapsack up and down because of foliar disease problems during rainy season.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 9:50pm On Feb 17, 2020
okoroemeka:
leaf cutting insects could be bettles or caterpillars,any good insecticide will kill them off,it's nothing serious,if you are talking about whitefly,leaf miners or spider mites,now those are really stubborn pests.
One little idea: If you ever have problem with stubborn pests that don't respond to pesticides (including systemic pesticides), take the pain and spray under the leaves - that is where stubborn pests stay. Do that several times and you'll see the difference. I successfully controlled leafhoppers and thrips that way. I believe this will also work for foliar diseases, even during the rainy season since rain will not wash all the pesticide away.
If you can cover both top and bottom of leaves, fine. It is called complete coverage. But achieving this with manual sprayers can be tough.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 10:00pm On Feb 17, 2020
okoroemeka:
well the inter row spacing have already been set at 30cm by the drip,so that leaves the between row which can be expanded to 1meter or 1.5 meter's to ensure adequate ventilation and space to be carrying knapsack up and down because of foliar disease problems during rainy season.
Using 60cm between plants will give better ventilation during rainy days. With 30cm, ventilation will still be bad even if you use 2m between rows.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Pes13: 4:04pm On Feb 19, 2020
Good evening sirs.
Learning in silent, I have been so educated by the sharing of insight, knowledge and experience of everyone.

Please, I will like to know what type of fertilizer can be used for fertigation. I know only of Haifa bonus, is there anyother?

Thank you sirs, you have all been a great tutors.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 5:41pm On Feb 19, 2020
Pes13:
Good evening sirs.
Learning in silent, I have been so educated by the sharing of insight, knowledge and experience of everyone.

Please, I will like to know what type of fertilizer can be used for fertigation. I know only of Haifa bonus, is there anyother?

Thank you sirs, you have all been a great tutors.
there are many types of fertilizers to use, potassium nitrate,calcium,etc,but what you need is maxiforce 2-5 gram per litre of water for fertigation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Pes13: 8:18pm On Feb 19, 2020
okoroemeka:
there are many types of fertilizers to use, potassium nitrate,calcium,etc,but what you need is maxiforce 2-5 gram per litre of water for fertigation.
Thank you sir.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Mrkellz: 12:51am On Feb 20, 2020
okoroemeka:

Whats the advantage of maxiforce over Haifa bonus?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Nobody: 2:52am On Feb 20, 2020
Olaleyeabdullah:
like how much can one get this sir

I have a fairly used 3 inches , 7hp mud pump for sale. Location: Ogun state

Pump is less than a month old

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by pipi84(m): 8:27pm On Feb 20, 2020
okoroemeka:

maxiforce is in liquid form, so how do you measure in grams and whats the quantity of it per plot or stand of cucumber?

thanks
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Psalmy2cute(m): 10:06pm On Feb 20, 2020
pipi84:

maxiforce is in liquid form, so how do you measure in grams and whats the quantity of it per plot or stand of cucumber?

thanks
there is both powder and liquid for maxiforce.. me I have the powder
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by pipi84(m): 11:36pm On Feb 20, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

there is both powder and liquid for maxiforce.. me I have the powder

please how many liters of water per plot will you recommend?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 5:18am On Feb 21, 2020
pipi84:

please how many liters of water per plot will you recommend?
if the crops are still small then one full knapsack will cover it at 100 ml liquid maxiforce per knapsack of 16 ltrs.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by pipi84(m): 6:31pm On Feb 21, 2020
okoroemeka:
if the crops are still small then one full knapsack will cover it at 100 ml liquid maxiforce per knapsack of 16 ltrs.

Sir i mean fertigation through drip tape and using venturi or overhead tank?

thanks
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Intendy: 5:55pm On Feb 23, 2020
afternoon house. who will like to share Avenir F1 50 grams with me? A recent production batch was just released , expiration is 2023.From agrotropics store
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Silvereze(m): 2:17am On Feb 24, 2020
pipi84:

Sir i mean fertigation through drip tape and using venturi or overhead tank?

thanks

You should consider the population of your crops. Let's say you have 1000 plants @2g per plant, you'll give 2kg of soluble fertilizer same for 1000litres of water.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 2:43pm On Feb 24, 2020
Intendy:
afternoon house. who will like to share Avenir F1 50 grams with me? A recent production batch was just released , expiration is 2023.From agrotropics store
I am interested,how much are they selling?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 12:33am On Feb 28, 2020
PROJECT GREEN SEAS phase 1 has started paying off, harvest started at 42 days and it is time to turn our sights to PROJECT RED SEAS 10-14 acres of bell peppers,avenir pepper , tomatoes and Cameroon pepper,it will be an interesting rainy season no doubt about that.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 12:56am On Feb 28, 2020
we are planning on how to be getting steady nutrients in small quantities everyday to the cucumbers on one plot ₦500k challenge,we have some ideas but the only one that will be economcal viable and doable is fertigating organic chicken manure through a Venturi injector,we have an open 2000 ltr tank ,we will fill it with water,soak 5-10 or more bags of chicken manure in it and after 1 week we will start to fertigate the manure tea any time we are irrigating and be topping up the tea as it goes down,one problem that is still keeping us on the drawing board is particles clogging the emitters ,we don't want that to happen,we are going ahead with the plan and be thinking how to solve the clogging issue, using new bags for the manure will be one solution, fitting extra filtering net is other,I think more ideas is needed if any of my dear farmers have one,he should help us out,pics of the setup is coming soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yemighty2(m): 8:18am On Feb 28, 2020
Please can fungicide be used without foliar fertilizer?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yemighty2(m): 8:35am On Feb 28, 2020
Which fungicide is the best to buy?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Degis(m): 10:52am On Feb 28, 2020
okoroemeka:
we are planning on how to be getting steady nutrients in small quantities everyday to the cucumbers on one plot ₦500k challenge,we have some ideas but the only one that will be economcal viable and doable is fertigating organic chicken manure through a Venturi injector,we have an open 2000 ltr tank ,we will fill it with water,soak 5-10 or more bags of chicken manure in it and after 1 week we will start to fertigate the manure tea any time we are irrigating and be topping up the tea as it goes down,one problem that is still keeping us on the drawing board is particles clogging the emitters ,we don't want that to happen,we are going ahead with the plan and be thinking how to solve the clogging issue, using new bags for the manure will be one solution, fitting extra filtering net is other,I think more ideas is needed if any of my dear farmers have one,he should help us out,pics of the setup is coming soon.

My advice to you is that you should soak your manure in a different tank, sieve it then pour the water into your fertigating tank with sieve at the point of distribution.

You would save yourself a lot of headache by going through this route
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by guestaccount: 4:51pm On Feb 28, 2020
Hello Good people,

Please i want to find out if it makes any sense to venture into farming on 1/2 an acre ( 3 plots ) of land located in ijebu ode town.
I am based in lagos and wondering if that size of land is commercially viable for pepper and cucumber farming for example -considering the investment required.
I am also a complete newbie to farming and pretty scared - but it is something i want to do.

Many thanks in anticipation of your responses.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by AfroAgroPower: 6:07pm On Feb 28, 2020
locust:

angry

Lol

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by AfroAgroPower: 6:11pm On Feb 28, 2020
guestaccount:
Hello Good people,

Please i want to find out if it makes any sense to venture into farming on 1/2 an acre ( 3 plots ) of land located in ijebu ode town.
I am based in lagos and wondering if that size of land is commercially viable for pepper and cucumber farming for example -considering the investment required.
I am also a complete newbie to farming and pretty scared - but it is something i want to do.

No amount of land is too small for farming.

3 plots of land is way too good for beginners.

You can see that Mr Okoroemeka started this thread with the GOAL of reaping 500,000 naira with 1 plot of land from just Cucumbers.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Psalmy2cute(m): 7:00pm On Feb 28, 2020
guestaccount:
Hello Good people,

I'm currently growing pepper on 3 plots.. it's my first time as well..
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Psalmy2cute(m): 9:12pm On Feb 28, 2020
Yemighty2:
Please can fungicide be used without foliar fertilizer?
I use mix my fungicide with foliar fertiliser or insecticide each time I spray my farm
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Psalmy2cute(m): 9:16pm On Feb 28, 2020
okoroemeka:
PROJECT GREEN SEAS phase 1 has started paying off, harvest started at 42 days and it is time to turn our sights to PROJECT RED SEAS 10-14 acres of bell peppers,avenir pepper , tomatoes and Cameroon pepper,it will be an interesting rainy season no doubt about that.
pls how are you going to weed this 10 to 14 acres of pepper?? will you be using mulch?? is there a secret for weed control.,??. I'm having serious issues with weeds on my farm of just 3 plots.. even If I clear the entire farm today by same time next week... I'll see new batch of weeds competing with my pepper plants.. my entire farm right now is an eyesore.. though the plants are doing well.. but the weeds are just ......

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 10:25pm On Feb 28, 2020
Degis:

My advice to you is that you should soak your manure in a different tank, sieve it then pour the water into your fertigating tank with sieve at the point of distribution.

You would save yourself a lot of headache by going through this route
ok,thanks,I think we will twerk our plan and use the 2000 ltr tank first as a sediments type and then find a smaller 200 ltr drum for the Venturi and also extra filtering.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (127) (Reply)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ... / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.