Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,955 members, 7,838,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. - Agriculture (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. (281437 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / 200 Graduates Get N74m, Free Land In Ogun / Irrigation For One Plot Of Land on Low Budget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by uche393: 10:33pm On Mar 15, 2020
okoroemeka:
I will not advice the extreme space shrink we did to get 3000+ crops in one plot,best to give little more space and get like 2500 crops or less.
thank you sir
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Stvics01(m): 11:30pm On Mar 15, 2020
okoroemeka:
after several experiments on using organic chicken manure(ocm) for fertigation in cucumbers we finally decided to use the method of soaking the OCM in a big vat not putting it in bags and pouring water into it and after turning for 3-4 days the mixture is left to settle for a day so that the solid materials will sediment at the bottom,this method gives faster extraction of nutrients in the OCM,so we simply skim the solution and filter with a fine mesh,we have no method to check the nutrient composition of the OCM but the solution is so potent that if it drops on cucumber leafs that area will turn white in hours just like urea,the organic fertigation was a success no blocked emitters no dramas.with this method it's a cost cutting solution on feeding crops small dose of nutrients even on a daily basis with no added stress either on the body or in the pocket.
Pls do you have to mix the ocm with water before feeding the plant or you just serve them the pure tea ☕️ like that .....
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 5:41am On Mar 16, 2020
Stvics01:
Pls do you have to mix the ocm with water before feeding the plant or you just serve them the pure tea ☕️ like that .....
if the OCM solution is not too thick we serve it like that because the solution will be futher diluted with irrigation water while fertigating.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Stvics01(m): 4:36pm On Mar 16, 2020
okoroemeka:
if the OCM solution is not too thick we serve it like that because the solution will be futher diluted with irrigation water while fertigating.

Ok thank you
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Boldtouch: 9:35pm On Mar 16, 2020
okoroemeka:
we got our own from ibadan, when you need it chat me on whatsapp
OK, copy that. Thanks
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by pipi84(m): 8:22pm On Mar 17, 2020
okoroemeka:
it has already worked,two cardinal rules are fine filtration and we also double the filter on the fertigation hose, and also flushing the whole system with fresh water so the ocm will not dry and clog up the emitters,we have already used it 5 times and no problem yet,the multi k is #19,000 naira for 25 kg bag.this is the type we are using.we are now planning to move the ocm fertigation to the next level, we will use 2000 ltr tank with 20 bags of chicken manure soaked for everyday ocm fertigation now the crops are fruiting.

Sir please, do the shop in Enugu you bought the Haifa multi K from has other products from Haifa company...e.g poly-feed Drip, Haifa MAP, Haifa MKP™, Haifa DKP™, Magnisal™ / Haifa MAG™, Haifa Cal™, Haifa Micro™, Haifa SOP™........thanks
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yungbrym: 8:32pm On Mar 18, 2020
uche393:
thank you sir
What can you say about this spacing..a plot with take 3000 stand with this spacing if I'm not mistaken
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yungbrym: 8:35pm On Mar 18, 2020
uche393:
thank you sir
What about this spacing,a plot will take about 3000 stands of chilli if I'm not mistaken

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 8:37pm On Mar 18, 2020
pipi84:

Sir please, do the shop in Enugu you bought the Haifa multi K from has other products from Haifa company...e.g poly-feed Drip, Haifa MAP, Haifa MKP™, Haifa DKP™, Magnisal™ / Haifa MAG™, Haifa Cal™, Haifa Micro™, Haifa SOP™........thanks
these fertilizers are specialized materials meant for professional farmers,you can't get those on the open market or ordinary farm shop,best you check with dizengoff at apapa they will have them,they are the distributors of Haifa products.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by AshinzeNonso: 10:03pm On Mar 18, 2020
okoroemeka:
there's no selective herbicide for vegetables yet,but paraquat is more forgiving than glyphosate that's why it is extensively used by contract sprayers in nsukka and that is another option in weed management I forgot to mention,there are team of boys their work is just spraying big farm with herbicides and they charge per plot,100% no crop damage assured,very expert sprayers, anytime,I get their contact I will post it,so farmers can utilize their services and breath easy for a long time before weeds will come again.
Please can I get their contact and how much do they charge
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Psalmy2cute(m): 10:12pm On Mar 18, 2020
Yungbrym:

What about this spacing,a plot will take about 3000 stands of chilli if I'm not mistaken
do this kind of spacing.. and you'll have yourself to blame at the end of the day.... I can bet my money on it.. even someone who did just 500 stands on 1 plot of land will get more harvest compared to someone who used this kind of spacing on 1 plot of land..
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 10:20pm On Mar 18, 2020
Yungbrym:

that spacing got me laughing seriously,who on Earth will leave a space wide enough for dangote truck to pass and then jam pack his crops on one side,this is very funny to see farmers been guided by Google farmers and E- farmers.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Psalmy2cute(m): 10:22pm On Mar 18, 2020
okoroemeka:
that spacing got me laughing seriously,who on Earth will leave a space wide enough for dangote truck to pass and then jam pack his crops on one side,this is very funny to see farmers been guided by Google farmers and E- farmers.
actually this spacing wasnt introduced by a Google farmer.. but I wont mention names. in order not to instigate any conflict or derail the thread
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Psalmy2cute(m): 10:26pm On Mar 18, 2020
most practicing farmers seem to think by over populating their farm they can get increased yield.. but the opposite is actually the case.. and bacteria diseases thrives well in those kind of farm
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by jethro2: 4:20am On Mar 19, 2020
@Yungbryn

Yes. An acre of farm with such arrangement have over 24,000 plant of pepper which gives you more yield than an average pepper farm that has between 5,000 - 7,000 plants per acre

How?

The plant need to be well fed with manure, proper weed control, proper irrigation and every good management system put in place and you are assured of better yield and harvesting for 6 - 12 months before the yield start reducing

To be double sure and if you have the chance, you can get in touch with me to arrange a visit to my farm so you can see peppers at various stages of harvest which follow the same system.

You will meet some other people on the farm too working on their own personal space who will gladly provide you answers

@okoroemeka and @psalmy2cute
Knowledge does not stop at one man's foot.
Please seek more knowledge before condemning other people's work

@okoroemeka
I actually check this space once in a while cause i am hoping one day you will put down the expenses and returns calculation of how one can actually make the N500,000 from a plot in 90days

Remember that's the thread heading and what got everyone interested in the first place

@psalmy2cute
Glad you recognise I am not an internet farmer unlike okoroemeka that believes anything that deviates from his crude method of farming automatically originates from an internet farmer

Actually I stopped posting much on nairaland since I realise most of you guys are here to prove that you are boss

The boss are the people silently making the cool dough in the farm

To get more insight into what is called the raised bed system, the most profitable way of growing vegetables, please get a copy of market Gardner written by Jean Martin Fortier

You wont ever have to do gambling farming again.
Today cucumber
Tomorrow pepper
Next tomorrow okra

Do have a wonderful farming experiences

Yungbrym:

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by AshinzeNonso: 5:50am On Mar 19, 2020
jethro2:
@Yungbryn

Yes. An acre of farm with such arrangement have over 24,000 plant of pepper which gives you more yield than an average pepper farm that has between 5,000 - 7,000 plants per acre

How?

The plant need to be well fed with manure, proper weed control, proper irrigation and every good management system put in place and you are assured of better yield and harvesting for 6 - 12 months before the yield start reducing

To be double sure and if you have the chance, you can get in touch with me to arrange a visit to my farm so you can see peppers at various stages of harvest which follow the same system.

You will meet some other people on the farm too working on their own personal space who will gladly provide you answers

@okoroemeka
I actually check this space once in a while cause i am hoping one day you will put down the expenses and returns calculation of how one can actually make the N500,000 from a plot in 90days

Remember that's the thread heading and what got everyone interested in the first place

@psalmy2cute
Glad you recognise I am not an internet farmer unlike okoroemeka that believes anything that deviates from his crude method of farming automatically originates from an internet farmer

Actually I stopped posting much on nairaland since I realise most of you guys are here to prove that you are boss

To get more insight into what is called the raised bed system, the most profitable way of growing vegetables, please get a copy of market Gardner written by Jean Martin Fortier

Today cucumber
Tomorrow pepper
Next tomorrow okra

What we are saying is that when the pepper mature there won't be space for each other because pepper are bushy plants especially when you prune them
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by jethro2: 5:52am On Mar 19, 2020
How much are you willing to bet?
I am game

We can experiments with the system
Glad you know the picture originates from my farm

Psalmy2cute:
do this kind of spacing.. and you'll have yourself to blame at the end of the day.... I can bet my money on it.. even someone who did just 500 stands on 1 plot of land will get more harvest compared to someone who used this kind of spacing on 1 plot of land..
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by jethro2: 5:55am On Mar 19, 2020
I practise
I did the practical
I am still using the system
I don't just say

If you can, check for Yinka Adesola on Facebook
I just posted some of the pictures of closely planted peppers that is fruiting on my timeline

AshinzeNonso:

What we are saying is that when the pepper mature there won't be space for each other because pepper are bushy plants especially when you prune them
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:46am On Mar 19, 2020
okoroemeka:

Good day,

Please, if you don't mind, I will like to see a picture of how the staking net is being used on the farm.

For the OCM mixture, I believe it releases some amount of gas, please is that gas flammable, as in, if one takes fire or cigarette close to it, will it flame up?

Thanks
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:49am On Mar 19, 2020
jethro2:
How much are you willing to bet?
I am game

We can experiments with the system
Glad you know the picture originates from my farm

Good day, never knew u still visit Nairaland. You and Jasper were one of those that brought me to the agricultural section.

I think there is a mix-up in the argument. The spacing you are using is for pepper, but those that replied are most probably replying as regards to cucumber.

Do u think such is advisable for cucumber?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Psalmy2cute(m): 8:05am On Mar 19, 2020
jethro2:
@Yungbryn

How?

@okoroemeka

@psalmy2cute

Today cucumber
Tomorrow pepper
Next tomorrow okra

christ, what is this epistle??
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by HornyTave: 8:26am On Mar 19, 2020
Yungbrym:

Beos it's not cucumber you're planting or are you following google pdf?

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by AshinzeNonso: 12:42pm On Mar 19, 2020
jethro2:
@Yungbryn

How?

@okoroemeka

@psalmy2cute

Today cucumber
Tomorrow pepper
Next tomorrow okra

So what spacing did u use?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Psalmy2cute(m): 1:05pm On Mar 19, 2020
AshinzeNonso:

shes using 30cm spacing for pepper.. 3 to 4 roles on a bed
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FMCASH(m): 3:53pm On Mar 19, 2020
Yungbrym:

the spacing it's cool, heavy cash out at once

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by jethro2: 6:07pm On Mar 19, 2020
Good day sir
Yes. I come in once in a while to read on agriculture section. I restrict my agricultural writtings and farm pictures to my Facebook timeline

The 30cm spacing work excellently for cucumber provided you are staking them

I could send you some pictures of the cucumbers we did and the current one on the farm using the same spacing through WhatsApp or other means.

The yield automatically increase because there is more plant giving you fruits

The main point is to make sure your soil is rich in nutrients through poultry waste and cow dung so the plants will not compete

At one point of harvest, we harvested 35 bags of cucumbers from 5 raised bed of 2m *25m lenght

80 of such raised beds can be mapped out from an acre

I tried attaching it here but it's not responding.
I would have love to attach here

You can also Google cucumber raised bed farming with my name Yinka Adesola, I believe several of the pictures, past and current will spring up

The system was first introduced to my team by IFDC as back as 2014

It's a highly productive system for cucumber

Yampotatocarrot:

Good day, never knew u still visit Nairaland. You and Jasper were one of those that brought me to the agricultural section.

I think there is a mix-up in the argument. The spacing you are using is for pepper, but those that replied are most probably replying as regards to cucumber.

Do u think such is advisable for cucumber?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by jethro2: 6:11pm On Mar 19, 2020
It's 30cm spacing on the row
35cm between row

AshinzeNonso:

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by numen(m): 4:20am On Mar 20, 2020
Going through your facebook page now. I am impressed.

jethro2:
Good day sir
Yes. I come in once in a while to read on agriculture section. I restrict my agricultural writtings and farm pictures to my Facebook timeline

I could send you some pictures of the cucumbers we did and the current one on the farm using the same spacing through WhatsApp or other means.

The main point is to make sure your soil is rich in nutrients through poultry waste and cow dung so the plants will not compete

At one point of harvest, we harvested 35 bags of cucumbers from 5 raised bed of 2m *25m lenght

You can also Google cucumber raised bed farming with my name Yinka Adesola, I believe several of the pictures, past and current will spring up

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 1:03pm On Mar 20, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

Good day,

Please, if you don't mind, I will like to see a picture of how the staking net is being used on the farm.

For the OCM mixture, I believe it releases some amount of gas, please is that gas flammable, as in, if one takes fire or cigarette close to it, will it flame up?

Thanks
we used bamboo poles at 20 ft inerval with binding wire to support the staking net,but from the result we ate seeing we reduce the inerval on our next project to 10-15 ft due to big size of cu 999,

1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 4:39pm On Mar 20, 2020
okoroemeka:
we used bamboo poles at 20 ft inerval with binding wire to support the staking net,but from the result we ate seeing we reduce the inerval on our next project to 10-15 ft due to big size of cu 999,

Please pardon my questions

How come your cucumber didn't drag your wires to the ground... That's an issue I had, and the wires kinda became useless
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by AshinzeNonso: 7:14pm On Mar 20, 2020
Please guys how much would it cost to transplant on 5 acres?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Sterlingsolutns: 10:24pm On Mar 20, 2020
Please, elucidate. An acre is 4,000 sqm The bed as described will be 50 sqm so 80 beds can fit in. But if you factor in inter bed spaces for evacuation and movements, 80 beds looks impossible to me.

thanks

jethro2:
Good day sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (127) (Reply)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ... / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.