Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,216 members, 7,842,566 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. - Agriculture (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. (281886 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / 200 Graduates Get N74m, Free Land In Ogun / Irrigation For One Plot Of Land on Low Budget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by soundforce: 4:42am On Mar 04, 2020
Good morning house. There's a variety of *garden egg with light orange colour. It's hybrid n I've been seeing the fresh ones in d market since over a year. I have searched for d name but can't find it. I need contact to get d seed n I don't know d name. I'm not able to upload the picture here. Technisem n East- west doesn't have it. Kindly help out from d description please.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 5:20am On Mar 04, 2020
soundforce:
Good morning house. There's a variety of *garden egg with light orange colour. It's hybrid n I've been seeing the fresh ones in d market since over a year. I have searched for d name but can't find it. I need contact to get d seed n I don't know d name. I'm not able to upload the picture here. Technisem n East- west doesn't have it. Kindly help out from d description please.
what quantity do yo need?,WhatsApp 08119942049 for more info.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by nxtEinsten: 7:33am On Mar 08, 2020
Thanks for answering, I was just wondering.

okoroemeka:
the land you are referring to is our own farm in the southeast not Southwest,the land has been disvirgined since time I'm memorial,we just levelled the old cassava mounds,set up the drip and dug holes for manure at intervals were the water is dropping, looking for a virgin land in the southeast is like looking for a virgin in the maternity ward,you can only see such things mostly in the west,north,Midwest and parts of cross river.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by nxtEinsten: 7:41am On Mar 08, 2020
Learnt a lot here. Encouraged me to go back into farming after a terrible experience of theft in 2018. I'll wish that experience on no one as I lost everything but God dey to sustain me.

After so many challenges (which I'll give details of later probably I'll start that post I've always procastinated on NL) finally laid my drips and planted. Please I need answer to the following question.

What is the best way, method and process to preserve harvested cucumbers if you are unable to go to market on same day? Being mindful that we are not talking of a few cucumbers but cucumbers that can be like 10 or more bags. Thanks in anticipation of your reply(s)
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yungbrym: 9:17pm On Mar 08, 2020
Good day,I umderstand this is cucumber forum but permit my diversion.i went to farm today and noticed that some of my plant are wilting,and some have already died due to wilting,I didn't see any sign of insects and the root looked healthy when I uprooted it.I am presently using rain hose irrigation.I would like your opinion on how to avoid it ,or stop this thing although it only affected my rodo pepper not my chilli..thanks in advance
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by nxtEinsten: 10:52am On Mar 09, 2020
So sorry about your experience. However, you need to give more information about the plants affected. The crop, the variety, the age and better if you tan take a picture(s) so that our ogas can have a better information on the matter at hand.

Yungbrym:
Good day,I umderstand this is cucumber forum but permit my diversion.i went to farm today and noticed that some of my plant are wilting,and some have already died due to wilting,I didn't see any sign of insects and the root looked healthy when I uprooted it.I am presently using rain hose irrigation.I would like your opinion on how to avoid it ,or stop this thing although it only affected my rodo pepper not my chilli..thanks in advance
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 8:29pm On Mar 11, 2020
after several experiments on using organic chicken manure(ocm) for fertigation in cucumbers we finally decided to use the method of soaking the OCM in a big vat not putting it in bags and pouring water into it and after turning for 3-4 days the mixture is left to settle for a day so that the solid materials will sediment at the bottom,this method gives faster extraction of nutrients in the OCM,so we simply skim the solution and filter with a fine mesh,we have no method to check the nutrient composition of the OCM but the solution is so potent that if it drops on cucumber leafs that area will turn white in hours just like urea,the organic fertigation was a success no blocked emitters no dramas.with this method it's a cost cutting solution on feeding crops small dose of nutrients even on a daily basis with no added stress either on the body or in the pocket.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 9:23pm On Mar 11, 2020
okoroemeka:
after several experiments on using organic chicken manure(ocm) for fertigation in cucumbers we finally decided to use the method of soaking the OCM in a big vat not putting it in bags and pouring water into it and after turning for 3-4 days the mixture is left to settle for a day so that the solid materials will sediment at the bottom,this method gives faster extraction of nutrients in the OCM,so we simply skim the solution and filter with a fine mesh,we have no method to check the nutrient composition of the OCM but the solution is so potent that if it drops on cucumber leafs that area will turn white in hours just like urea,the organic fertigation was a success no blocked emitters no dramas.with this method it's a cost cutting solution on feeding crops small dose of nutrients even on a daily basis with no added stress either on the body or in the pocket.
A very clean farm u have there. I am worried about biofilm formation due to microbial activities. It may take weeks b4 they start blocking emitters. This is just a thought. So experiment and keep us updated.
Have u considered buying nutrients like KNO3, MgSO4, Ca(NO3)2, Boron etc in bags? It will be way cheaper than all these foliar fertilizer stuffs.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 9:57pm On Mar 11, 2020
FarmTech:

A very clean farm u have there. I am worried about biofilm formation due to microbial activities. It may take weeks b4 they start blocking emitters. This is just a thought. So experiment and keep us updated.
Have u considered buying nutrients like KNO3, MgSO4, Ca(NO3)2, Boron etc in bags? It will be way cheaper than all these foliar fertilizer stuffs.
yes, microbial activity was another angle we are watching out for but after the ocm fertigation we run clean water through the system for a period of time to flush out the residual ocm that can breed microbial growth,also we have multi k potassium nitrate that we fertigate weekly for added boost.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Boldtouch: 10:53am On Mar 12, 2020
okoroemeka:
Sir, how often will you recommend this mixture application of OCM to be done till harvest period! Would love if you could share your thoughts... Regards.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Sterlingsolutns: 3:06pm On Mar 12, 2020
okoroemeka:

Please, what spacing in metres did you use between bamboos within rows? They appear too wide to me. Are the bamboos (in numbers) enough to support the cucumbers when they start fruiting?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 5:20pm On Mar 12, 2020
Boldtouch:

Sir, how often will you recommend this mixture application of OCM to be done till harvest period! Would love if you could share your thoughts... Regards.
we are planning on fertigating the ocm every 2 days,we have discovered that it's better to feed cucumbers small doses of nutrients steady than a heavy dose that is irregular, cucumbers grow so fast and consumes nutrients so greedily that an everyday small dose is a very good idea to replace the nutrients used that day,if you dump manure or npk fertilizer and relax before you know it the nutrients will be gone and the leafs will turn yellow then you will start running Helter skelter to amend the soil but it could be late.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 5:25pm On Mar 12, 2020
Sterlingsolutns:

Please, what spacing in metres did you use between bamboos within rows? They appear too wide to me. Are the bamboos (in numbers) enough to support the cucumbers when they start fruiting?
the spacing between the bamboos is 20ft,it is the same measurements and system we used at project green seas and we saw no issues there,I think the way staking net handles load and stress is different from nylon ropes that are placed on an angle,I think I will investigate the physics more deeply
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 11:00pm On Mar 14, 2020
okoroemeka:
yes, microbial activity was another angle we are watching out for but after the ocm fertigation we run clean water through the system for a period of time to flush out the residual ocm that can breed microbial growth,also we have multi k potassium nitrate that we fertigate weekly for added boost.
If this ocm fertigatn works I'll be very happy. Pls keep us updated. How much is the multi K?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 12:26am On Mar 15, 2020
FarmTech:

If this ocm fertigatn works I'll be very happy. Pls keep us updated. How much is the multi K?
it has already worked,two cardinal rules are fine filteration and we also double the filter on the fertigation hose,and also flushing the whole system with fresh water so the ocm will not dry and clog up the emitters,we have already used it 5 times and no problem yet,the multi k is #19,000 naira for 25 kg bag.this is the type we are using.we are now planning to move the ocm fertigation to the next level,we will use 2000 ltr tank with 20 bags of chicken manure soaked for everyday ocm fertigation now the crops are fruiting.

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by pipi84(m): 8:52am On Mar 15, 2020
okoroemeka:
it has already worked,two cardinal rules are fine filteration and we also double the filter on the fertigation hose,and also flushing the whole system with fresh water so the ocm will not dry and clog up the emitters,we have already used it 5 times and no problem yet,the multi k is #19,000 naira for 25 kg bag.this is the type we are using.we are now planning to move the ocm fertigation to the next level,we will use 2000 ltr tank with 20 bags of chicken manure soaked for everyday ocm fertigation now the crops are fruiting.

please sir where did you buy the Multi k?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by pipi84(m): 8:53am On Mar 15, 2020
okoroemeka:

sir, how many nets do you estimate will cover one plot of land and the cost per each bundle...thanks
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 1:49pm On Mar 15, 2020
okoroemeka:
I'm happy to hear that. But to be very sure, try it more times.
Apart from multi K, do they have other nutrients?
There is one precaution I'll like u to note. When u soak manure in water, it can go anaerobic if enof oxygen can not dissolve into the water. And when this happens, anaerobic microbes will grow and produce chemicals that are toxic to plants. Soaking small quantity of manure will not cause this problem because oxygen can easily diffuse into the solution. But with something as big as 2000L? That's a different story. I got this info while reading about compost teas. So I think u may need a kind of air pump that is powerful enof to oxygenate the solution.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 2:23pm On Mar 15, 2020
[quote author=pipi84 post=87455363]
please sir where did you buy the Multi k?[/quote)farmers shop ,enugu,enugu state
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 2:28pm On Mar 15, 2020
pipi84:

sir, how many nets do you estimate will cover one plot of land and the cost per each bundle...thanks
from our calculations if you use normal spacing 4 bundles of staking net will cover one plot,we used tighter spacing to contain 1000 meters drip lines in one plot but we used 5 bundles,each one is #2500-3000 naira max and one net will cover three rows of 102 feet each or total row coverage of one net is 306 feet.staking net is far better than nylon ropes,we checked the cost of previous nylon ropes staking we did on 1000 meters drip and it was(1) nylon ropes #9000 naira(2) labour 4 workers@#1500 each #6000,total #15,000 naira,and the ropes just lasted that once,but the staking net we used on similar land size is #12,500 naira and the installation is so easy that 1 worker will put it up in a day and the net will be used for at least 3-4 times if the farmer is careful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by tpben: 2:47pm On Mar 15, 2020
okoroemeka:
from our calculations if you use normal spacing 4 bundles of staking net will cover one plot,we used tighter spacing to contain 1000 meters drip lines in one plot but we used 5 bundles,each one is #2500-3000 naira max and one net will cover three rows of 102 feet each or total row coverage of one net is 306 feet.staking net is far better than nylon ropes,we checked the cost of previous nylon ropes staking we did on 1000 meters drip and it was(1) nylon ropes #9000 naira(2) labour 4 workers@#1500 each #6000,total #15,000 naira,and the ropes just lasted that once,but the staking net we used on similar land size is #12,500 naira and the installation is so easy that 1 worker will put it up in a day and the net will be used for at least 3-4 times if the farmer is careful.

Sir, are you still Chukwuma or has your followed your footsteps?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 3:42pm On Mar 15, 2020
tpben:

Sir, are you still Chukwuma or has your followed your footsteps?
sorry,I am not chukwuma but that's my son's name and he is studying crop science in FUTO.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 3:49pm On Mar 15, 2020
FarmTech:

I'm happy to hear that. But to be very sure, try it more times.
Apart from multi K, do they have other nutrients?
There is one precaution I'll like u to note. When u soak manure in water, it can go anaerobic if enof oxygen can not dissolve into the water. And when this happens, anaerobic microbes will grow and produce chemicals that are toxic to plants. Soaking small quantity of manure will not cause this problem because oxygen can easily diffuse into the solution. But with something as big as 2000L? That's a different story. I got this info while reading about compost teas. So I think u may need a kind of air pump that is powerful enof to oxygenate the solution.
I have discovered that making things simpler tends to work very well,we have an old canoe paddle we use to turn the manure several times a day to vent off gases and also oxygenate the concoction,and I will bet my pot of fresh egusi soup that it will work better than the oxygen pump with electricity problems,things are best reduced to the simplest factor for efficient production.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by uche393: 4:02pm On Mar 15, 2020
Pls @okoroemeka how many plants will contain one plot while using drip tape for irrigation?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by tpben: 4:05pm On Mar 15, 2020
okoroemeka:
sorry,I am not chukwuma but that's my son's name and he is studying crop science in FUTO.

Ohh, i saw his thread on nairaland. That's why am asking. Like father like son.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Boldtouch: 9:38pm On Mar 15, 2020
okoroemeka:
the spacing between the bamboos is 20ft,it is the same measurements and system we used at project green seas and we saw no issues there,I think the way staking net handles load and stress is different from nylon ropes that are placed on an angle,I think I will investigate the physics more deeply
Sir, how much is the staking nets and where can One make it purchase; am about to start staking my cucumbers this new week. Treat as urgent Regards
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 9:45pm On Mar 15, 2020
okoroemeka:
I have discovered that making things simpler tends to work very well,we have an old canoe paddle we use to turn the manure several times a day to vent off gases and also oxygenate the concoction,and I will bet my pot of fresh egusi soup that it will work better than the oxygen pump with electricity problems,things are best reduced to the simplest factor for efficient production.
Will likely work. Keep us updated. As for the Haifa, is it only multi K they sell?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Mrkellz: 9:51pm On Mar 15, 2020
[quote author=okoroemeka post=87463056][/quote]

Pls do they waybill? I need this multi k and calcium nitrate.

Also does anyone know where i can get opv bisexual pawpaw seeds?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 10:19pm On Mar 15, 2020
uche393:
Pls @okoroemeka how many plants will contain one plot while using drip tape for irrigation?
I will not advice the extreme space shrink we did to get 3000+ crops in one plot,best to give little more space and get like 2500 crops or less.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 10:21pm On Mar 15, 2020
tpben:

Ohh, i saw his thread on nairaland. That's why am asking. Like father like son.
well he is now our visiting farm consultant , sometimes it's refreshing to see things from a different point of view.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 10:23pm On Mar 15, 2020
Boldtouch:

Sir, how much is the staking nets and where can One make it purchase; am about to start staking my cucumbers this new week. Treat as urgent Regards
we got our own from ibadan, when you need it chat me on whatsapp

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 10:25pm On Mar 15, 2020
FarmTech:

Will likely work. Keep us updated. As for the Haifa, is it only multi K they sell?
no they don't sell only multi k,it's a farm shop.

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (127) (Reply)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ... / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.